Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurune
Jun 17, 2006

Left Ventricle posted:

A little hard to tell, but this guy needed to get to Autozone right loving now. (Drove into the front of the building.)

I guess he got into the zone. Autozone. :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Polymerized Cum posted:

No weapon made in the last half decade will discharge no matter how hard it's struck.

Which is exactly why I said "flying around in the cabin" and mentioned a weight.

Also, someone who buys this is likely to have a Raven or Hi Point they "worked over" with a Dremel to lighten the trigger. These are things that have a very high likelihood to NOT be drop safe (even without the home machining).

Either way it's a bad scene.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

uncle_skin
Feb 23, 2004
Now I don't even know...

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I want to say you're in the wrong thread, then I look again and wait I don't know what the gently caress.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

I expect to see Roger Rabbit driving that.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

uncle_skin posted:

Now I don't even know...

I'd like to think the owner put on the rims, took ten steps back, and thought, "Nailed it."

People buy those rims. They can't be the only four.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Neptr posted:

I'd like to think the owner put on the rims, took ten steps back, and thought, "Nailed it."

People buy those rims. They can't be the only four.

That's actually a pretty simple 2 dimensional design, they could quite easily be one-off

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I thought we'd established real-life power wheels cars go in the other thread, regardless. :colbert:

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Someone's overestimated how much parasitic load an alternator produces.

(I know about the noise, still pointless)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Falkenbok posted:

No, that's not the case (And the van is awesome, it would go like the proverbial) - in a rotary that has a few kms on it or modified the alternator belt will more often than not have slippage issues (exactly like I have right now with a RX7) - cogged belts or double alternator belts are the fix.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

some texas redneck posted:

I'm pretty sure 1st gen Altimas came with duct tape and extension cords from the factory for just that reason. :v:

I saw a pretty awesome Civic coming to work this morning, but seeing as I was driving, no picture. Roughly 60% of the rear bumper was made out of duct tape. I can only imagine she caught it on something and tore a giant hunk out of it after backing into god knows what. The light on that same side was made out of red celophane tape. Along with this the front bumper on the driver side was also missing a huge chunk.

I wish we had safety inspections out here in CO instead of just stupid emissions. Some of the poo poo I see on the road amazes me.

Also, I got my first chance to run Boomer off the road on Friday, but he was 2 lanes over and I couldn't get to him before the 225 exit. :(

winter.mute
Jan 5, 2010

uncle_skin posted:

Now I don't even know...

I'd like to think this is some sort of bootleg Chinese knockoff of someone's customized PT Cruiser

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

veedubfreak posted:

Also, I got my first chance to run Boomer off the road on Friday, but he was 2 lanes over and I couldn't get to him before the 225 exit. :(

Careful, if he scratched the paint you would be hearing from Leonard J Crabs pretty shortly.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
SKULLS EVERYWHERE BRO

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Super Doody, indeed.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I always wonder why anyone would ever think that looks good.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Das Volk posted:

SKULLS EVERYWHERE BRO

Skulls for the Skull truck!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cat Terrist posted:

No, that's not the case (And the van is awesome, it would go like the proverbial) - in a rotary that has a few kms on it or modified the alternator belt will more often than not have slippage issues (exactly like I have right now with a RX7) - cogged belts or double alternator belts are the fix.

Why is this, out of curiosity? Is the crank pulley on the rotary particularly small?

I mean it does seem to be a genuine issue, I just wonder why it seems to affect rotaries so much when most V-belted cars get by just fine with a single V-belt driving the alternator (and sometimes another accessory too).

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Some people just like cheap trinkets.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Falkenbok posted:

:stare: is that going to charge at idle? What I mean is: don't alternators generally need ~2000RPM to start charging? That pulley ratio is...low. (assuming that's a street car)

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Sorry for the lovely pic.

This thing would have had at least 15 degrees camber on the back probably 10 on the front.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Why is this, out of curiosity? Is the crank pulley on the rotary particularly small?

I mean it does seem to be a genuine issue, I just wonder why it seems to affect rotaries so much when most V-belted cars get by just fine with a single V-belt driving the alternator (and sometimes another accessory too).

Previa_fun posted:

:stare: is that going to charge at idle? What I mean is: don't alternators generally need ~2000RPM to start charging? That pulley ratio is...low. (assuming that's a street car)

Stock rotaries can turn at rpm's that stock configuration piston engines can only wistfully dream of. When was the last time you had to worry about the accessories being turned by an engine at 9000 rpm?

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

EightBit posted:

Stock rotaries can turn at rpm's that stock configuration piston engines can only wistfully dream of. When was the last time you had to worry about the accessories being turned by an engine at 9000 rpm?

Yow. Even my Matrix had an 8100 RPM redline. I think it cut off at 8500, but I wouldn't swear to it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Previa_fun posted:

When I picked up a rebuilt alternator (Napa Lifetime, if you're curious), I got a nifty chart, almost like a dyno graph, showing how much power it put out at <x> RPM.

At 700, it cranked out 30 amps (100 amp alternator). At 4500 the chart showed 105 amps. The lights only dim at idle if my a/c is running and the fan is on high.

The "need to rev it to get it started" is only if you're running a single wire alternator configuration - and even then once it's started charging, it keeps charging until the field collapses (which won't normally happen until you shut off the engine or it drops to some absurdly low RPM).

Wish I could find that chart again, it was kinda neat. Though there's a sticker showing idle output (amperage+voltage @ 700 RPM) + peak output on the alternator case too. I'll have to remember to grab a picture of it next time I open the hood.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 4, 2012

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Behold, the new VW 959:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It's the RL version of :saddowns:

That's gotta be either Mexico or Brazil, the US Beetle got killed long before the plastic door handles came around.

e: phone # on the sign has me thinking Brazil?
e2: Brazil confirmed http://sanviimoveis.com.br/

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 4, 2012

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Previa_fun posted:

:stare: is that going to charge at idle? What I mean is: don't alternators generally need ~2000RPM to start charging?
You're thinking of generators. Alternators can charge at idle

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This owns. I would drive it everywhere.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I am tempted to buy an old bug only to do that.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
That is unironically awesome. Nobody even knows what the 959 even was, but to find someone willing to put forth some effort into a VW conversion? NICE.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

On the other hand, they're in the shop to get a supercharger installed...I'm so conflicted.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Ghost in the Shell sticker, fine. Ponies...pushing it, but allowable to a tiny extent. Furry sticker? Burn it to the ground!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Geirskogul posted:

Ghost in the Shell sticker, fine. Ponies...pushing it, but allowable to a tiny extent. Furry sticker? Burn it to the ground!

Exactly my train of thought.

"Oh cool, Ghost in Th... wait, hold on..."

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

altezzzzzzzzzas on an E250, strange. Do they use the same tail light housings as F150 pickups?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or not.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

kastein posted:

Not sure if this belongs in this thread or not.

God is apparently a pretty lovely rally navigator.

JerseyDevil
Jun 26, 2009

Jeremy Clarkson would have a field day with this

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

rscott posted:

altezzzzzzzzzas on an E250, strange. Do they use the same tail light housings as F150 pickups?

Yup. So do a bunch of RVs.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

JerseyDevil posted:

Jeremy Clarkson would have a field day with this

It would probably make Richard Hammond cry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

Puddin posted:

Sorry for the lovely pic.

This thing would have had at least 15 degrees camber on the back probably 10 on the front.

Looks like it could stand to be a touch lower.