Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Okay, to be fair, none of us saw that coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ryde posted:

Yes, Dragon Ball Z Kai. God help me that I know that.

We're reading a webcomic where Elmer Fudd is a necromancer and Chester Cheetah shoots energy beams. I don't think anybody in this thread can still claim they are cool. What I'm saying is, don't worry about admitting you know things about anime, I'm fairly certain nobody gives a poo poo.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

TwoPair posted:

We're reading a webcomic where Elmer Fudd is a necromancer and Chester Cheetah shoots energy beams goons. I don't think anybody in this thread can still claim they are cool. What I'm saying is, don't worry about admitting you know things about anime, I'm fairly certain nobody gives a poo poo.

You could be a little more succinct.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

The power balance here has taken a few swings too many. Please wrap it up LazzyB

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Yeah, okay, on the one hand the goons saying a break to other happenings in the story would have paced this fight better are right. On the other, LazyB reads this thread, but refuses to pander. I'm quite happy that he just gives no fucks and keeps doing what he dreams.

simplefish fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Sep 7, 2012

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

a medical mystery posted:

The power balance here has taken a few swings too many. Please wrap it up LazzyB
Well, this page (21) finished the chapter. What was the "taking action" part? Did it imply the fight? Why were there so many faces in the chapter title picture that we never saw in the chapter?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JazzFlight posted:

Well, this page (21) finished the chapter. What was the "taking action" part? Did it imply the fight? Why were there so many faces in the chapter title picture that we never saw in the chapter?

Look at it this way, for this chapter's song you can just drop in summa dat dope dubstep bass wub wubs and just loop someone saying human being and pussy and cut in some of arameks punch sounds.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

JazzFlight posted:

The answer is that he is making poo poo up as he goes along.

(He probably has some kind of ending in mind but may or may not have a plan to get there)

El Belmondo
Apr 3, 2011

by XyloJW

JazzFlight posted:

Well, something is probably going to happen soon, since Tails is almost done with his training with the Defenders, not to mention the mysterious actions of Pori, and the Slaiyers are probably going to do something soon too. Although this chapter was mostly fighting, it looks like it will end soon, and hopefully start another comical tangent, or might actually direct the story towards wrapping up.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

Wasn't Demaro's face paint leaking a couple of pages ago?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

JazzFlight posted:

Don't forget the Roadrunner. Those faces immediately made me think he was gonna do a fan service chapter in line with the legendary Porky Pig flashback--but it seems that that was never the plan. I'm pretty sure the ridiculous length the fight has gone to is a troll, at any rate. He's seen the negative reaction to it and he's intentionally dragging it out as long as he can.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

I've never read a webcomic before TGT and I don't think I ever will again once it is over. Nothing will be able to compare.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
I'll be returning to post on TGT.com starting next chapter. In the meanwhile, can someone dig up those character descriptions so I can post them?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Calico Heart posted:

Okay, to be fair, none of us saw that coming.

Yeah, it's not like this isn't the eighth or ninth time one of these characters pulled a deus ex machina out of their rear end to turn the tables on the other guy or anything. I've heard of trump cards before, but these two bores are playing with trump decks.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Trump decks kick rear end man. Ever tried playing spades with one?

People die.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Almost Smart posted:

Yeah, it's not like this isn't the eighth or ninth time one of these characters pulled a deus ex machina out of their rear end to turn the tables on the other guy or anything. I've heard of trump cards before, but these two bores are playing with trump decks.

It's a deus ex machina only if it wasn't foreshadowed and it doesn't make sense.
It's been known for a while that Demaro has previously scarred Garry's face, and it makes sense that Demaro would have done this with his strings.
And while the idea that some strings could have been left behind is original to this situation, it is consistent with what we've previously been shown.

There's a lot of negative things that can be said about this fight, but this is not a deus ex machina.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Sep 8, 2012

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wait are those flashback panels taken from earlier parts of the comic? :psyduck: Is this seriously another thing he planned in advance?

Final Gloom
Sep 27, 2009

Almost Smart posted:

I've heard of trump cards before, but these two bores are playing with trump decks.

I see where you're getting, but when I read your posts all I see is

in a state of amazement about how powerful the two warriors have become. Like a bystander in DBZ or wrestling or something.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Col. Justice posted:

I've never read a webcomic before TGT and I don't think I ever will again once it is over. Nothing will be able to compare.

Hitmen for Destiny was pretty great and was even linked earlier in this thread.

http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/destiny/series.php

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I can't imagine what it must have been like reading that comic as it was being released.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

I can't imagine what it must have been like reading that comic as it was being released.

That ship sub-plot is the craziest loving thing. A sub-plot of a sub-plot that curves around itself so much that it could put a pretzel to shame.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Is it me, or has Lazerbot's art improved quite a bit?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Shageletic posted:

That ship sub-plot is the craziest loving thing. A sub-plot of a sub-plot that curves around itself so much that it could put a pretzel to shame.

I was in tears reading that subplot because I was laughing so hard. The later one with the world that keeps getting rotated was also amazing.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FPzero posted:

Hitmen for Destiny is legitimately awesome once you get used to the quirky artstyle.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ToastyPotato posted:

Painful.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

GyverMac posted:

Hitmen for Destiny is legitimately awesome once you get used to the quirky artstyle.

It really is. And while I wouldn't mind seeing it redone with a more competent artist but the exact same plot, I also kinda like it as it is.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Slime posted:

It really is. And while I wouldn't mind seeing it redone with a more competent artist but the exact same plot, I also kinda like it as it is.

Done with competent art I think it would lose something. Something about the playful whimsy of the whole world. I too absolutely lost my poo poo reading the ship part. He also does a good job with a similar sort of comedy of errors with Lies, Sisters and Wives, but it's nowhere near the magnum opus that is Hitmen for Destiny.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

rudecyrus posted:

I wouldn't say "quite a bit" but all of these pages he's been cranking out is decent practice, plus it's been all original characters for a while now, so he can't trace them.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Paramemetic posted:

Done with competent art I think it would lose something. Something about the playful whimsy of the whole world. I too absolutely lost my poo poo reading the ship part. He also does a good job with a similar sort of comedy of errors with Lies, Sisters and Wives, but it's nowhere near the magnum opus that is Hitmen for Destiny.

If you aren't reading the accidental space spy
, his current comic, you should. It's hit men for destiny 2, more or less. Same amount of comedy of errors and wacky creatures/scenarios.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

FPzero posted:

Oh man, thank you for making me aware of this comic; it's incredibly hilarious at times and really funny, interesting, and creative the rest, even with the art. The ship stuff had me laughing my rear end off and now I've just gotten to this gem:

"What was it you wanted to tell me?"
"When you are going to kill someone, you just kill them."
"I just kill them?"
"Yes."
"I don't understand."
"What I am saying is that when there is someone that you are going to kill then at that point in time you just kill them."

Holy gently caress I lost it so hard at this.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Hitmen for Destiny is absolutely the best loving thing once you get past the art, and then it grows on you, and then you get to "Passion, Lies and Fungus" and you realize that you are living in the very best age of humanity.

Accidental Space Spy is cool too, even though it doesn't have the likes of Vorte and Fusk, but the crazy evolutionary logic going on in each world makes up for it.

I shamelessly rip-off stuff from both for my RPG games.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Is Accidental Space Spy still going? Because I'm actually afraid of the possibility of having to read something like Hitmen For Destiny in a page-a-day format.

Reading Sisters, Lies and Wives now. Every drat page has me holding my breath

Calico Heart fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 9, 2012

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

rudecyrus posted:

He certainly has. By comparison, it makes the earlier pages that bit more hilarious in hindsight.

(Panel 9 never fails to make me chuckle)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Who's that cool dude with the Rob avatar where he just says "WHAAT?" or words to that effect? I smoked me some smart weed, got me an idea, but I don't want to take exactly the same panel if I can help it, especially when there are so many others to choose from.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Calico Heart posted:

Is Accidental Space Spy still going? Because I'm actually afraid of the possibility of having to read something like Hitmen For Destiny in a page-a-day format.

Reading Sisters, Lies and Wives now. Every drat page has me holding my breath

Yeah, it's still going, but don't worry about a page-a-day format, because he updates every two days!

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Been a long weekend, hoping for some finality this week.

Col. Justice
Apr 14, 2007

TIME TO DIE

FPzero posted:

Hitmen for Destiny Rules. It's so bizarre to me that I can actually end up caring about those characters.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

simplefish posted:

Who's that cool dude with the Rob avatar where he just says "WHAAT?" or words to that effect? I smoked me some smart weed, got me an idea, but I don't want to take exactly the same panel if I can help it, especially when there are so many others to choose from.
Who, me?

I DON'T HAVE loving EARS

Cardinal Ximenez
Oct 25, 2008

"You could call it heroic responsibility, maybe," Harry Potter said. "Not like the usual sort. It means that whatever happens, no matter what, it's always your fault."
The Accidental Space Spy is the loving best comic ever. It is a little slow to start, but stay with it until at least the end of the Castration Planet arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

Castration Planet arc.

:stare:
Tell me more.