Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea
Has anyone here played Infiltration yet? Reviews I've read haven't been very positive but they also weren't very positive on Kingdom Builder and I enjoy that game much, much more than Dominion.

Plus I'm a sucker for cyberpunk themes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dishwasherlove
Nov 26, 2007

The ultimate fusion of man and machine.

^^^^^
Why mess around when you can progress straight to real Netrunner? I figured Infiltration was a quick cash in before the real game came out.

Don't buy Zombieeees!!!. It was the first boardgame I ever bought and it's bad. My version has paper thin town tiles that move super easily, disrupting the whole board, it just seemed really odd to me that they weren't made out of card. Last night on earth is meant to be much better.

dishwasherlove fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 14, 2012

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Evil Vin posted:

I was out tonight and I came across "Zombies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!@!" it looked pretty interesting and quick googling showed it having tons of expansions. I'm pretty interested in it but I was wondering what the goon consensus was on it. Worth picking up and buying tons of expansions or should I go with another zombie game such as last night on Earth or something.

Zombies!!! is awful. It takes too long most games, combat sucks, the actual act of playing isn't interesting or compelling, the map gets huge without having anything notable happening on most of it, there's a shitload of luck not including the bucket of dice, and it's awful. It's a testament to bad nerd taste that nobody can figure out why it has 11+ expansions outside of the theme. It's the equivalent of McDonald's at this point; as I sincerely doubt anybody finds any parts of the game actually enjoyable unless they're wrong in the head.

Last Night on Earth is the highest-recommended of the zombie genre, but I think I put it best when I claimed a few weeks back that "none of the smart people want to make [or play] a game about zombies." The absolute best zombie-themed games are reskins of actually good games (Dominion, BSG, etc) with the theme replaced by zombies.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

dishwasherlove posted:

^^^^^
Why mess around when you can progress straight to real Netrunner? I figured Infiltration was a quick cash in before the real game came out.

Don't buy Zombieeees!!!. It was the first boardgame I ever bought and it's bad. My version has paper thin town tiles that move super easily, disrupting the whole board, it just seemed really odd to me that they weren't made out of card. Last night on earth is meant to be much better.

Yeah I really want to get Netrunner, but it isn't at my local game store yet. Gonna have to just order it I guess. Plus I usually end up playing games with 3+ people, which Netrunner doesn't support.

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

Broken Loose posted:

I sincerely doubt anybody finds any parts of the game actually enjoyable unless they're wrong in the head.

The actual zombie parts (the pieces themselves) are often coveted for use in other games and homebrews. That might count.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Trynant posted:

EDIT: I also have played The Ares Project. Honestly? I got a lot of plays from it, but it's not my thing. It's got the fog of war construction part down great, but when combat starts I feel the game falls apart to just a slog of dice-chucking. If only the battle system was anywhere near as good as the construction system :sigh:

Combat is very rock-paper-scissors, except you know can figure out how many of each the opponent is planning to build and it becomes very interesting.

e: Zombies!!! is garbage and LNoE is entertaining, even if it isn't ~deep~ enough for BL.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Sherrard posted:

e: Zombies!!! is garbage and LNoE is entertaining, even if it isn't ~deep~ enough for BL.

The day I find something deep enough for me, I'm going to marry her.

*slide whistle echoes through the thread*

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Lichtenstein posted:

As I liked the GMT-published first game in the series, I thought about giving it a try on vassal. And I'm sure I understood the rules wrong, as my solo rules-trial did not have sense. Starting on first available date I found that axis player has really nothing to do in terms of meaningful stalling, as general british superiority combined with high supplies made their rushing in quite consequence-free. And then I draw the card that gave brits another offensive, effectively ending the game.

Any ideas on what could I get wrong? As I'm fairly sure te Italians are supposed to have some meaningful decisions to make, even during hasty retreat. Also, how's the card play, without using them as resources and Malta stuff?
Well, first of all you need to consider the boxes, even by themselves, are units. They don't extended a ZOC but if planted on a road, they do block LoS. This means that the British has to assault each one individually, which eventually will slow them down, especially if they plan to do more than 2 attacks per turn, since they have to use up a supply to do so. Second, the Combe unit gets removed from game if shattered/destroyed: if still present in the game, it makes it more difficult for the Germans to counterattack on turn 4.

The germans should always have the initiative on turn 4 since they receive initiative when they receive the Rommel chit.

Card play is fairly interesting: although the cards have less value since they don't get used for supplies/reinforcements etc, they have more powerful effects on them so it balances out, although you can get unlucky and draw cards that only work on specific strategic advantages.

Gonna get to try No Retreat 3 today, so I'll report back. Looks very different so far, with very relaxed supply rules (I guess it makes sense though since it's a much smaller map area).

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
So I got in a few games of Netrunner tonight. We had fun, but it was clear we were completely missing something because the Shaper deck just absolutely destroyed Jinteki.

Even when Jinteki walled something behind multiple pieces of Ice, the runner had so many ways to easily make credits and so many pieces of tech and upgrades that they just continuously blew through everything, and Jinteki seemed to have no counter to it.

In every game, Jinteki was absolutely crippled by an inability to make credits -- Hedge Fund almost never came into the hand, PAD Campaign was just immediately run against and trashed anytime it got rezzed, so Jinteki was regularly forced to spend all three actions taking credits just to even try to stay competitive. With most of their Ice seeming extremely weak and high cost, and even the 8 rez Ice Thorn Wall was easily overcome with Shapers' piles of credits. The Shapers pretty much had free reign across the entire board, even with three stacks of ice guarding things.

Jinteki did finally draw and play a Junebug one game, but it only got one counter on it before it was run against, and the Shapers were able to use an action to draw right back up to full hand size immediately after the run.

What are we missing? We read that Jinteki is the best corp in the game, but we went through the whole deck and couldn't see how they could run an even halfway decent economy. It seemed to require an almost perfect draw to start the game, and even at that the entire game was just constant drawing for credits that were mostly spent desperately trying to fortify servers that were still easily bypassed.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Another thing, Lichtenstein. I think I got it wrong: you receive initiative during the events phase as the germans, so this would happen before cards are played. Even taking that into consideration, the British will only have 2 units to mount the offensive (3 if the Combe is still alive). If they don't manage to capture at least 2 cities, the whole turn is repeated (apart from housekeeping/organisational phase), so the germans would be able to counterattack and take Map 2, which means that it's still very unlikely for the germans to lose because Malta is active and map 3 is held by the Allies.

Highwire
May 15, 2003

You see, I have this condition...

bobvonunheil posted:

Has anyone here played Infiltration yet? Reviews I've read haven't been very positive but they also weren't very positive on Kingdom Builder and I enjoy that game much, much more than Dominion.

Plus I'm a sucker for cyberpunk themes.

I actually now own all 3 Android themed games because I am a sucker (Netrunner is awesome though, but I was a junkie from the original 1997 version).

Infiltration is a decent 45 minute game with simple rules and a decent push your luck mechanic, but it feels like your enjoyment of it is limited by the rules and the mundanity of the item cards rather than enhanced by it. Having played it several times, because progress through the facility is so slow, and because you lose the game if you are still in the building when the cops arrive, each of our games devolve into all the players squabbling over whatever data is available on the first floor and then running out of the door.

It feels like the kind of game where the addition of a few more basic actions (like a sprint card which let you move 2 rooms or something) and a more interesting/interactive variety of item cards would take it from 'OK as a filler' to 'Fun, exciting game with depth'.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Evil Vin posted:

I was out tonight and I came across "Zombies!!!" it looked pretty interesting and quick googling showed it having tons of expansions. I'm pretty interested in it but I was wondering what the goon consensus was on it. Worth picking up and buying tons of expansions or should I go with another zombie game such as last night on Earth or something.

Zombies is A Bad Game. Last Night is a better pick for a zombie game, definitely. If your gaming group likes co-op One vs Many games like that, try looking into Fury of Dracula as well in the future.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
On top of all the bad, completely luck based gameplay, Zombies!!! also has the problem of being completely schizophrenic in what it wants out of you. The cards are clearly built around dicking each other over, but the fastest/best way to end the game is to team up and kill some bloody zombies. The zombies are barely a threat, due to weird, player-controlled movement rules, the "only one zombie per square" rule, and the sheer amount of numbers and abilities the players can theoretically have access to.

I have actually made Zombies!!! fun. This required making it co-op, making a Director role for one player to control the zombies, dividing the cards between the Player Deck and the Zombie Deck, giving all of the Player Deck cards a second, any-time use ability that doesn't require you to hope the only Hardware Store in the 70 tile locations deck is flipped to play, making some special zombies to buff the Undead (we went with Left 4 Dead special infected), and in the end the game still takes a long time to play and is a dicerolling marathon. But it's actually fun at that point! I am still trying to figure out if it was worth quite that much effort.

Don't pick up Zombies!!!. The base game is a mess.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Getting healthy by posting on the Internet

Nitis posted:

Also, I'm looking for an easy card game for two to four peeps over 30 - 40 minutes. Easy setup and take down is a must.

We like "Who's the rear end", "6 Nimmt" (Category 5 is its English name I think) and I have just played "Biblios" which was reasonably good fun.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Rudy Riot posted:

My wife and I got in our first play of 1960: The Making of the President this morning and we both really liked it. I'm used to the style after playing a few games of Twilight Struggle, but she's completely new to CDGs. She caught on fine and I figure after a couple more games, we'll be more familiar with the cards and open to different strategies. We had NO IDEA what was going on with the Debate this first time and I was also lost on the "issues"-track for most of the game, which led to me not having many momentum tokens. I still pulled out a win as Nixon because I kept 45 point New York a priority and I just had more votes in the end. Can't wait to play again (and then eventually spring Twilight Struggle on her).

1960 is pretty good, I am in the firm belief that Nixon has an easier game (I recall seeing that a tournament offered him a 56% win ratio.). Though it is mitigated somewhat as the JFK player learns the deck and exactly how to counter all of Nixons horribly powerful cards.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I think you got the other way around. Although Nixon has powerful events, loads of events for Kennedy give him support in the Mid-West or East, which are pretty much the only places you need in order to win.

Trynant
Oct 7, 2010

The final spice...your tears <3

Sherrard posted:

Combat is very rock-paper-scissors, except you know can figure out how many of each the opponent is planning to build and it becomes very interesting.

Well, everything up to the combat is (an awesome version of) rock-paper-scissors, and then the reveal is rolling dice as if you revealed your rock-paper-scissors and then had to roll with modifiers to see who won.

My beef is that compared to the actual building phase of the game, the dice-rolling combat part of the game is just going through the motions. Aside from the rather lackluster forming of battle lines and what of the few attack cards you play, there's not much in the way of decision-making in this part.

I guess I also am slightly depressed that for a game that does an awesome, awesome job of simulating the fog-of-war construction part of Starcraft it doesn't do anything interesting to simulate the combat side of Starcraft.

I don't think The Ares Project is a bad game at all, but it's not my favorite by any stretch.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I played Navegador for the first time this week and everybody enjoyed it. Pretty good game.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Welp.
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/130704/mage-knight-board-game-the-lost-legion-expansion

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Awesome!

Here's the full press release.

Got me thinking about expansions and oh what's this: ROMULANS!

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Sep 14, 2012

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

A friend just got Civilization: The Board Game as a gift. How long of a game session are we in for? :ohdear:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Redacted

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 19, 2013

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

PaybackJack posted:

Awesome!

Here's the full press release.

Got me thinking about expansions and oh what's this: ROMULANS!

I notice Mage Knight is 1-5 players... is it worth picking up for solitaire situations?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Zombies!!! is a game where you do little but gently caress over other players. You are all trapped in a city looking for the escape helicopter and the first one to reach it wins. As you search the city you find cards many of which are used to trip up your fellow players. In my experience games tend to last WAY too long, but if you and your friends like games where you screw each other over the base set is fine and you don't need expansions. If you like you can add the 3.5 Not Dead Yet card expansion and possibly the 3 Mall Walkers expansion. Though I know many people who prefer the 4th expansion The End, as a stand alone game and don't care for any other expansions.

Many here will probably hate it, but I think it fills a niche in gaming when you feel like playing an anti-co-op game with your friends.

The thing is, there are plenty of other games dedicated to screwing your friends over in clever ways that don't feel like the experience drags foreeever. Chaos in the Old World, for example, is a game completely about loving over other players and somehow takes less time to play than Zombies!!! and is more rewarding. It even has cool minis and someone will probably roll dice at some point and eventually lament that the dice completely hosed him over. But it's still more fun than Zombies!!! will ever hope to be.

Here is a streamlined version of Zombies!!!: Roll 2d6, higher roll wins. Congrats, you've just played a game of Zombies!!!

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Zombies!!! is a game where you do little but gently caress over other players. You are all trapped in a city looking for the escape helicopter and the first one to reach it wins. As you search the city you find cards many of which are used to trip up your fellow players. In my experience games tend to last WAY too long, but if you and your friends like games where you screw each other over the base set is fine and you don't need expansions. If you like you can add the 3.5 Not Dead Yet card expansion and possibly the 3 Mall Walkers expansion. Though I know many people who prefer the 4th expansion The End, as a stand alone game and don't care for any other expansions.

Many here will probably hate it, but I think it fills a niche in gaming when you feel like playing an anti-co-op game with your friends.

The core problem is the game is too loving long. Mainly because the end devolves into whoever is closest to winning gets dogpiled by the other player's screw-you cards, and the process repeats and repeats and repeats. As far as I know none of the expansions fix that.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Aerox posted:

So I got in a few games of Netrunner tonight. We had fun, but it was clear we were completely missing something because the Shaper deck just absolutely destroyed Jinteki.

What are we missing?

What you are missing is that you played with the preconstructed starters. In Netrunner, for both sides, credits means flexibility and options. Credits and ways to reliably generate them, are very, very important. Jinteki's downside is they are bad at credit generation, combined with a need to have a good chunk of credits in the bank to make use of Snares, and generally pretty expensive (but strong) ice-combos. Shaper's upside, at least in the starter, is that they have very reliable credit generation in the form of both Magnum Opus and Armitage Codebusting, topped off with cost reducer modded and to a lesser extent personal touch, and recurring credits to run in their console.

Jinteki is, in my opinion, the strongest corp right now. But they absolutely need to get more moneygenerating cards and plays. Also note that due to their ice working best in combos, they tend to want to defend their central servers and then 1 very large remote. Paradoxically to what I just said, this does not work very well with PAD campaign. It works great with Melange Mining Corp and possibly Adonis, however. Sure, Melange costs you a lot of time, but it generates credits like nobodies business and since you only have 9 agenda in your deck, you can afford to take a turn or 2 or 3 to set up a big bank. What you want to do is add Beanstalk Royalties, set up a nice remote, cash in on Melange, and then waste the runners bank by making him run on that remote a lot, either to get rid of that Melange, for a 2 point agenda you can afford to lose, a run you end at the end with Nisei Mk2, or a well disguised Junebug, forcing him to both replenish credits and cards, while you push through an agenda.

On top of that, Jinteki has very good flatlining options, which in part can also alleviate your early credit problems. The star of the Jinteki arsenal is Chum. Chum is a very, very scary card. When placed in front of unrezzed ice, it can end runs at a cost of only 1 credit. Why? Because once the runner pushes on and the corp rezzes that second piece of ice, it is now already encountered. So it either *must* be broken, or they're taking the 3 net damage from Chum. And Chum makes breaking quite a bit harder. If that ice is a Neural Katana, that net damage goes up to 6. That's a likely flatline. If there's an agenda in that server, that's damage number 7, if it's a junebug with a counter on it, or a snare? You get where I'm going. Chum also combos very well with Wall of Thorns (5 net damage if unbroken), Cell Portal (if you have enough money), and perhaps surprisingly, Data Mine. In other words, it combos well with every other Jinteki piece of ice. It also combos well with most non-Jinteki ice. As for Data Mine, it has no ice type, so it can only be broken by a Crypsis or Wyrm. Furthermore, the runner doesn't actually want to break Data Mine, since doing so just means it sticks around. And then as the cherry on top, once you teach your friends that Chum is very, very dangerous, it also becomes a great bluff. Put it in front of a card it doesn't combo all that well with, like say a Wall of Static, or an ice you can't even afford to rez.

My favorite Jinteki server looks like Chum - Data Mine - Neural Katana. First run, I rez the Chum. If the runner has some experience and I have 4 credits remaining, he will now likely get cold feet and jack out. Second run he'll come more prepared and I rez the Neural Katana, which probably becomes an expensive must-break. From then on, every time he runs that server, I'll pay close attention to how many cards the runner has in hand. If he ever runs with less than 4, rez the data mine and take the win. If he runs with 4 and you have an agenda in the server, you can rez the data mine and hope he pushes on. If he runs with 4 and you don't have an agenda in the server, but a Neural EMP in hand, you can rez the data mine and hope he pushes on, and so on and so on.

Lastly, the flatlining strategy can be enhanced by making use of the tags that Snare gets you. Normally, the runner's only reason to worry about tags against Jinteki is Private Security Force, which really isn't that big of a worry. Add in a Scorched Earth or two, and suddenly tags become dangerous. We can then expand on that and notice that Chum also combos very well with 2 pieces of ice that help you tag the runner, namely Data Raven and Hunter. A chummed up Raven gives the runner a choice: 3 net damage or a tag? Either way, it works out well for you. Chum combos well with Hunter due to the way Ninja, the most common sentry breaker works.

Lastly, on Snare which is the other allstar in the Jinteki arsenal. Given that Jinteki seems pre-disposed to wanting one large remote server, and that none of its agenda can be advanced fully within one turn, a savvy runner is unlikely to run on unrezzed cards with no advancement markers on it, at least againt Jinteki. This makes Snare a good card to deter the runner from frivolous runs on R&D, and if you make a habit of keeping them in your hand once drawn, HQ. For the same reason however, your Melange Mining Corps are relatively safe until rezzed. Having ways to punish tags combined with Snare will also teach the runner that running on HQ or R&D on the 4th click is a potentially game-ending idea. Try to ensure always having those 4 credits in the bank, to keep the runner worried about an untimely Snare.

Orange Devil fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 14, 2012

ConorT
Sep 24, 2007

Aerox posted:

Even when Jinteki walled something behind multiple pieces of Ice, the runner had so many ways to easily make credits and so many pieces of tech and upgrades that they just continuously blew through everything, and Jinteki seemed to have no counter to it.

In every game, Jinteki was absolutely crippled by an inability to make credits -- Hedge Fund almost never came into the hand, PAD Campaign was just immediately run against and trashed anytime it got rezzed, so Jinteki was regularly forced to spend all three actions taking credits just to even try to stay competitive. With most of their Ice seeming extremely weak and high cost, and even the 8 rez Ice Thorn Wall was easily overcome with Shapers' piles of credits. The Shapers pretty much had free reign across the entire board, even with three stacks of ice guarding things.

Jinteki did finally draw and play a Junebug one game, but it only got one counter on it before it was run against, and the Shapers were able to use an action to draw right back up to full hand size immediately after the run.

What are we missing? We read that Jinteki is the best corp in the game, but we went through the whole deck and couldn't see how they could run an even halfway decent economy. It seemed to require an almost perfect draw to start the game, and even at that the entire game was just constant drawing for credits that were mostly spent desperately trying to fortify servers that were still easily bypassed.

The basic Jinteki deck is kinda weak for the reasons you just said. Once I'm comfortable enough with all of the cards it's going to be the first deck I start tweaking, because there are some absurdly great cards in that deck (junebug) along with some obviously weak ones that I can live without (code portal). An infusion of credit-generating cards from Weyland would probably improve it significantly.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I like to drop one Code Portal in because there is nothing sweeter than a runner going through a Chum and Nueral Katana/Wall of Thorn combo only to be forced to do it over again.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

I notice Mage Knight is 1-5 players... is it worth picking up for solitaire situations?

I don't play board games solitare, but the only one I ever tried doing was Mage Knight. I have a friend who does solitare games all the time and he loves it.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Tekopo posted:

I like to drop one Code Portal in because there is nothing sweeter than a runner going through a Chum and Nueral Katana/Wall of Thorn combo only to be forced to do it over again.

The sad thing is they're not actually forced to do it again, they can just jack before the first piece of ice. If you have a lot of money though, it protects servers like nobodies business.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

Orange Devil posted:

The sad thing is they're not actually forced to do it again, they can just jack before the first piece of ice. If you have a lot of money though, it protects servers like nobodies business.

I ended up trying Netrunner solitaire last night, since my wife is usually not interested in playing non-computer games with me. Even if they're set in an awesome cyberpunk dystopia. I have a closet full of shiny new games I hardly ever get to play because of this. :smith:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

I ended up trying Netrunner solitaire last night, since my wife is usually not interested in playing non-computer games with me. Even if they're set in an awesome cyberpunk dystopia. I have a closet full of shiny new games I hardly ever get to play because of this. :smith:

Come play on OCTGN.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

It's considered one of the best solitaire games out there. Mostly because it plays almost exactly the same as if you'd have more players. Mechanics stay the same.

The game crushes my soul, though. I can't "get it", I lose horribly every time.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Philthy posted:

It's considered one of the best solitaire games out there. Mostly because it plays almost exactly the same as if you'd have more players. Mechanics stay the same.

The game crushes my soul, though. I can't "get it", I lose horribly every time.

It's definitely my favorite boardgame to play solitaire. It's really really good.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Harlock posted:

A friend just got Civilization: The Board Game as a gift. How long of a game session are we in for? :ohdear:

The Fantasy Flight one? The one time I played it was like 5 hours. There were 5 players and two of them were new.

bobvonunheil
Mar 18, 2007

Board games and tea

Cool, 5 player mage knight. For when you absolutely have to get nothing else done that day.

Now I want to play Mage Knight again, dammit.

St0rmD
Sep 25, 2002

We shoulda just dropped this guy over the Middle East"

I'm gonna be contrarian here and say the last thing mage knight needs is a fifth player. 4p games are already intolerably long, downtime-laden slogs, even if you can find 4 people who already know how to play, and have time to sit down for it at once (which you can't). I've met exactly zero people who have enjoyed the process of learning to play mage knight in a game with more than two players, and as a lot of people have pointed out, the game is at its best solo. I can't imagine the horror people are in for when trying to introduce this game to four players simultaneously.

Looking forward to all the rest of the stuff in this box still (and still going back and fourth over whether to buy a second copy to replace the parts my dog chewed up :sad:)

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib
Alright alright I won't pick up Zombies!!! I just thought it looked interesting due to zombies, the whole tile dropping gimmick, and I assumed it was coop.

Also by the way, Space Alert is back in stock on Amazon proper for $60. And they got like 5 left at the moment. I'm now kicking myself for not picking it up the other day.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Evil Vin posted:

Alright alright I won't pick up Zombies!!! I just thought it looked interesting due to zombies, the whole tile dropping gimmick, and I assumed it was coop.

Also by the way, Space Alert is back in stock on Amazon proper for $60. And they got like 5 left at the moment. I'm now kicking myself for not picking it up the other day.

If you really want Zombie stuff, go with Last Night on Earth. Way better game, although it's no co-op either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Romulans Expansion for Fleet Captains sounds super neat! Except for the part where I hate to get the box off the shelf because dammit that game is kind of an investment to get into.

Same with Mage Knight, I really need to solitaire that game more instead of playing wow or something. It's definitely a fulfilling game but adding MORE just intimidates the heck out of me at this point.

Really, all I want right is those Netrunner packs to start hitting the market!

• Locked thread