Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

evilbastard posted:

Has anyone messed with the current "Sickbeard for comics" attempt Mylar ? It seems to have grown from the Omniverse idea earlier this year, but has made much more progress. Currently it seems to be able to process a comic pull list, track series and try to find all issues, but he's having some issues working on post-processing an existing library.

Of course, none of this is working for me, as I seem to have run into this issue whereby I add a series to the queue, and it just throws "There was an error" with nothing in the log.

Here are the screenshots from the Github project showing current status

This is pretty slick, although as you noted it isn't 100% functional yet. I can add series, but the search fails. I created a ticket so I guess we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Sickbeard doesn't seem to be moving TV episodes automatically into the folders I've designated...it created the folder structure but then didn't actually put the stuff into it; instead it just went into the default Sabnzbd download folder. Ever weirder, though, if I select that folder and run manual post-processing, THEN it puts stuff where it's supposed to go. Am I missing something simple here?

(I have to have them in a particular folder because Plex is monitoring that folder, which is separate from other content, yada yada)

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is SAB setup to run SickbeardtoSAB.exe when a download completes? That's what triggers Sickbeard to rename and move stuff.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

EC posted:

Is SAB setup to run SickbeardtoSAB.exe when a download completes? That's what triggers Sickbeard to rename and move stuff.

Uh. Hmm, apparently not. Is that already included with the software? :raise:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
It's in the AutoProcessTV folder in Sickbeard. I usually copy that folder to wherever SAB is installed. Then set that folder as the scripts dir in SAB, and select SABtoSickbeard.exe as the script to run for the tv category.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
My favourite cheap Usenet host that was based in Holland has disappeared. (http://www.lightningusenet.com/) :smith: I used to just pay £4.50 for a months Usenet and go on a download spree.

I guess using an American service would not effect speed enough to matter? Checking out the ones in the OP now.

Oh, and UsenetServer says auto renew on their $10 a month package. I don't want that, I want to pay for a month and that's it.

A Sloth fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 23, 2012

Billa
Jul 12, 2005

The Emperor protects.

Achtung! Panzer posted:

My favourite cheap Usenet host that was based in Holland has disappeared. (http://www.lightningusenet.com/) :smith: I used to just pay £4.50 for a months Usenet and go on a download spree.

I guess using an American service would not effect speed enough to matter? Checking out the ones in the OP now.

Oh, and UsenetServer says auto renew on their $10 a month package. I don't want that, I want to pay for a month and that's it.

I'm using Astraweb and it has european servers in case you are worried about that stuff.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

EC posted:

It's in the AutoProcessTV folder in Sickbeard. I usually copy that folder to wherever SAB is installed. Then set that folder as the scripts dir in SAB, and select SABtoSickbeard.exe as the script to run for the tv category.

OK, got that set up now. I'll just have to watch it to see if it actually works.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
I went with http://www.xlned.com/ XL since astraweb seemed to say it would be set up as a subscription and this was a little cheaper. Time to get back to mass downloading. :getin:

EDIT: Dumb mistake... 64 KB/S? Well that is bullshit. EDIT2: Never mind, it is all good now. :D

A Sloth fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 23, 2012

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Is there a command line switch I can add to sickbeard's target line to have it not open a browser window when I launch it? It's irritating to have it launch chrome on boot.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

frameset posted:

Is there a command line switch I can add to sickbeard's target line to have it not open a browser window when I launch it? It's irritating to have it launch chrome on boot.

Config > General > Uncheck 'Launch Browser'

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

frameset posted:

There's an option in Config -> General. First one on the list, "Launch Browser"

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!
Had to rename the default config file, derp. Seems to be working, now! These two programs really are fantastic. Soon as I have some extra cash I'm gonna make donations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

New CouchPotato is really nice, but the horribly brokeness of the RSS feed coming from iMDB is such a pain in the rear end. They used to use a different link before right? I wonder if that one still works rather than relying on the RSS. Maybe they'll switch back.

(I'm using the Windows binary, so maybe this has been done already. It doesn't sound like iMDB are in any rush to fix their side anyway).

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

EC posted:

This is pretty slick, although as you noted it isn't 100% functional yet. I can add series, but the search fails. I created a ticket so I guess we'll see.

The dev has already fixed this issue, which makes it completely functional for my needs. Definitely a neat app, and worth checking out.

EC fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 24, 2012

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

EC posted:

The dev has already fixed this issue, which makes it completely functional for my needs. Definitely a neat app, and worth checking out.

Two new builds yesterday, and as of today for me it can
- Add a series
- Recognize that I have dumped half of the issues in the folder and figure out which ones it needs
- Create a search for and find all issues of a comic and download them using a blackhole .NZB. (I can't seem to get it to talk directly to SABnzbd, though)

Things it's not doing

- The above, a second time - it errors out with

code:
25-Sep-2012 07:16:25 - INFO :: Thread-12 : I found 1 results doing my search...n
ow I'm going to analyze the results.
Exception in thread Thread-12:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 552, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "C:\Python27\lib\threading.py", line 505, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "C:\Mylar\mylar\importer.py", line 293, in addComictoDB
    foundNZB = search.searchforissue(result['IssueID'])
  File "C:\Mylar\mylar\search.py", line 579, in searchforissue
    foundNZB = search_init(result['ComicName'], result['Issue_Number'], str(Issu
eYear), comic['ComicYear'])
  File "C:\Mylar\mylar\search.py", line 60, in search_init
    findit = NZB_SEARCH(ComicName, IssueNumber, ComicYear, SeriesYear, nzbprov,
nzbpr)
  File "C:\Mylar\mylar\search.py", line 296, in NZB_SEARCH
    if yearmatch == "false": break
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'yearmatch' referenced before assignment

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Mylar\Mylar.py", line 154, in <module>
    main()
  File "C:\Mylar\Mylar.py", line 139, in main
    time.sleep(1)
Still, he is updating it very quickly, so definitely one to watch.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

evilbastard posted:

Two new builds yesterday, and as of today for me it can
- Add a series
- Recognize that I have dumped half of the issues in the folder and figure out which ones it needs
- Create a search for and find all issues of a comic and download them using a blackhole .NZB. (I can't seem to get it to talk directly to SABnzbd, though)

Things it's not doing

- The above, a second time - it errors out with

Yeah, there's some issues. Selecting multiple issues and changing status generally results in a broken search as well as a bunch of error messages. And there's some jankiness overall, as well.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

frameset posted:

It's -b 0 or --browser 0. See here.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Anyone else using MyNZB on iOS6/iphone5 and finding that they cant access NZBS.org for searches from the phone?

I have re-entered my API/ID numbers and still cant get it to work - the NZBs.org sites are greyed out within the app.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

hifi posted:

It's -b 0 or --browser 0. See here.

Cheers.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Laserface posted:

Anyone else using MyNZB on iOS6/iphone5 and finding that they cant access NZBS.org for searches from the phone?

I have re-entered my API/ID numbers and still cant get it to work - the NZBs.org sites are greyed out within the app.

NZBS.org hasn't worked for me for ages, can't remember if it coincided with me running iOS6 (I jumped on pretty much straight away). I just presumed it was due to the new site.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

Good night catte thread, give them all many patts. I'm sorry,

EC posted:

Can someone expand on this with a "for dummies" step by step please? I copied the folder but not sure where to set the next bits.

I'm not technologically retarded but for some reason I've never been able to get this working and it drives me nuts.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Try this post I wrote up for someone a while back, it seemed to fix his post process issues. There's screenshots and everything!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3409898&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=73#post405774208

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

EvilMuppet posted:

Can someone expand on this with a "for dummies" step by step please? I copied the folder but not sure where to set the next bits.

I'm not technologically retarded but for some reason I've never been able to get this working and it drives me nuts.

- Copy the AutoProcessTV folder from the Sickbeard dir to your SAB install dir.
- In SAB, go to Config > Folders, then point the Post-Processing Scripts Folder to the AutoProcessTV folder you just copied
- In SAB, go to Config > Categories > TV Shows (or whatever category you're using) and select "sabToSickbeard.exe" from the drop down.
- In Sickbeard, make sure it's using the same Category.

ClassH
Mar 18, 2008

The pHo posted:

NZBS.org hasn't worked for me for ages, can't remember if it coincided with me running iOS6 (I jumped on pretty much straight away). I just presumed it was due to the new site.

It worked on my phone with ios 5.1 but did not work on my ipad with ios 6. I upgraded to 6 on my phone then it was greyed out.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
New to usenet, figured I'd give it a try before spending money on it. Are there any free trials where I don't have to submit billing information?

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
So I'm not sure when but Sickbeard has decided to stop using Season folders, just dumping everything into the root directory of the show. I'm looking through the config here but not seeing an obvious option to change the behavior, can someone point me in the right direction?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Go to a show > edit > make sure "flatten files" is unchecked (I think there used to be an option called "use season folders" on this page but maybe it was changed in a recent update). I just checked and you can do this via the Mass Update page if you have a lot of shows that are having the problem.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

EC posted:

Go to a show > edit > make sure "flatten files" is unchecked (I think there used to be an option called "use season folders" on this page but maybe it was changed in a recent update). I just checked and you can do this via the Mass Update page if you have a lot of shows that are having the problem.

Yeah, I saw he changed that but they're all unchecked. Oddly enough I think it changed my default naming scheme in the Post Processing options, I sure as hell didn't do it myself. I changed it back to Season XX\Show Name - Title - extension, I'll see how it works out later.

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

EC posted:

- In SAB, go to Config > Folders, then point the Post-Processing Scripts Folder to the AutoProcessTV folder you just copied
- In SAB, go to Config > Categories > TV Shows (or whatever category you're using) and select "sabToSickbeard.exe" from the drop down.

Thanks!

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

nexus6 posted:

New to usenet, figured I'd give it a try before spending money on it. Are there any free trials where I don't have to submit billing information?

XS Usenet has a free subscription, it's just limited and sloooow. I used it when I was testing the waters.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Shane-O-Mac posted:

XS Usenet has a free subscription, it's just limited and sloooow. I used it when I was testing the waters.

Cool, thanks. I just want to see what the setup is like and didn't want to enter billing info for something I may not end up using.

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

Shane-O-Mac posted:

I used to use this, but the connection from the USA was so shoddy. They also kept scaling the free accounts further and further back (data caps, speed caps) that I just said gently caress it and went with BlockNews.

Shane-O-Mac
May 24, 2006

Hypnopompic bees are extra scary. They turn into guns.

Yikes A Zombie! posted:

I used to use this, but the connection from the USA was so shoddy. They also kept scaling the free accounts further and further back (data caps, speed caps) that I just said gently caress it and went with BlockNews.

Oh yeah, it's nearly worthless for actual use. It makes for a good test, though.

do it
Jan 3, 2006

don't tell me words don't matter!

Hogburto posted:

I've run into a bunch of stuff Couch Potato has no idea about. Stuff that IMDB has readily available, but isn't in the online db Couch Potato checks (I forget, but it comes up in the logs). Adding an .nfo with IMDB ID (fixes most things) just doesn't fix these.
And I have one thing CP won't create a folder for because of a "⅓" character in the title.

Yes, having those bugs and others here too. Unusable for me.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I've got a problem with SABnzbd that isn't major but is slightly annoying. One of the things I told it to download failed and it seems to be because there are some pieces missing. The problem is that this item has been perpetually stuck to the top of my "history" section for over a week. It just says, "Fetching: fetching 4 blocks," and there's no option to delete it. I'd love to get this thing off the top of this section so is there any way to delete it?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

Shane-O-Mac posted:

Oh yeah, it's nearly worthless for actual use. It makes for a good test, though.

This is exactly what I wanted it for. I have to say first impressions are that the sabNZBD+ interface isn't very intuitive. The download progress bar is tiny enough to be unreadable, doesn't seem to be modifiable, I can't tell what the current download rate is, etc etc

Are there better themes for it?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

nexus6 posted:

This is exactly what I wanted it for. I have to say first impressions are that the sabNZBD+ interface isn't very intuitive. The download progress bar is tiny enough to be unreadable, doesn't seem to be modifiable, I can't tell what the current download rate is, etc etc

Are there better themes for it?

Are you using Plush?

EvilMuppet
Jul 29, 2006

EC posted:

Urgh, I'm so bad at this. Everything works perfectly if I manually post process but it's not doing it automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

EvilMuppet posted:

Urgh, I'm so bad at this. Everything works perfectly if I manually post process but it's not doing it automatically.

One thing I assumed you had already setup were the folders. But just to double-check:

- SAB should download stuff from Sickbeard to a temp dir.
- This should NOT be your main show dir.
- In Sickbeard, Config > Post-Processing > TV Download Dir should be blank.

My setup is:

SAB sticks stuff in v:\incoming\sickbeardtemp. Sickbeard reads the file from there (after SAB runs sabToSickbeard.exe) and puts in the appropriate folder in v:\tv shows.

If that's not it, you need to figure out where the process is breaking down. You should see some logs in both SAB and SB that might help you figure it out.