Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Naw that poo poo's way overdone. Just have Claptrap try to hack into the New-U Network to re-activate Roland's Account data, then have Claptrap gently caress it up in typical Claptrap fashion and all the New-U stations in Pandora start pumping out a mass army of hostile Roland clones, that terrorize Pandora all while yelling "It's like Christmas!" and "Critical Bitch!"

I guess Ned can have a cameo or something. Maybe have the New-U's really gently caress up and start re-spawning old BL1 Bosses.

Oh man, this would be loving glorious. I'd love to see that, it'd be chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I'm hoping for DLC that lets you go to Hyperion's space station and gently caress poo poo up on there. That'd be a nice way to finish off Hyperion once and for all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

closeted republican posted:

I'm hoping for DLC that lets you go to Hyperion's space station and gently caress poo poo up on there. That'd be a nice way to finish off Hyperion once and for all.

I have no idea why you spoiled the fact that hyperion has a space station, but anything that gives us space psycho midgets is fine by me.

TacticalGranny
Feb 6, 2008

So I found and finished the Moonshiners side quest in The Dust... it actually has a decent reward. Of course this can only be done after Mordecai/Bloodwing is complete, since he's one of the two choices for turn-in.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Serious Frolicking posted:

I have no idea why you spoiled the fact that hyperion has a space station, but anything that gives us space psycho midgets is fine by me.
I'm pretty sure it's actually a moon base because (really early game spoilers but putting it in tags just in case)when you first arrive in Sanctuary and replace the power core the base starts bombing the place and Davis calls it a moonshot blitz and later when you rescue Roland he shouts "watch out lunar reinforcements" when the base starts sending more loaders at you.

Dr. Bonertron
Mar 26, 2009

The doctor said I was too muscular to be aborted
So I noticed pretty quickly that Zer0 doesn't start panting while sprinting like the other characters. Figured it was a little odd, but no big deal. Then I noticed he only has three fingers per hand.

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

So hey, I haven't played *too* far through the story but without spoiling anything, can I make e-tech weapons at some point? I'm finding a few though

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Frocious posted:

So I noticed pretty quickly that Zer0 doesn't start panting while sprinting like the other characters. Figured it was a little odd, but no big deal. Then I noticed he only has three fingers per hand.

He's no doubt one of those Hyperion baby eating robots.

Mr.Hotkeys
Dec 27, 2008

you're just thinking too much

Insert name here posted:

I'm pretty sure it's actually a moon base because (really early game spoilers but putting it in tags just in case)when you first arrive in Sanctuary and replace the power core the base starts bombing the place and Davis calls it a moonshot blitz and later when you rescue Roland he shouts "watch out lunar reinforcements" when the base starts sending more loaders at you.

If you look reeaal close, the moon spins behind the station. Very slightly but it's there. The station probably just orbits the moon instead of the planet.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

The Giant H-Station is geosynchronous with the moon of pandora. Also, thats one freaky moon and I want to know what the orbital mechanics behind that thing are. Why is it on fire half the time ?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You know what I like most about Dave? :v:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Apparently S&S was supposed to come back using Sound-based sonic attacks, so that should happen yessir.

Also just bring back Roland in the DLC dammit, I don't care if plot wise it would make no sense it's just not the same without him. I played him for my first run through in BL1 and seeing him die just really took the wind out of my sails, like to the point where I'm not sure I want to finish TVHM because gently caress seeing that happen again.

You know, They just might. I mean, we never actually see him die-- he gets shot and then falls over, and then Jack does his mumbo jumbo on Lilith and then you're teleported away. :iiam:

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Just found and fought rakk man

This loving game.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

slovach posted:

I had a creeping hunch that the guy with the loving box of money on his back was the one but I decided to shoot an explosive shotgun directly into the middle of the crowd and see what happened. The end result was only he died and nobody else. :v:

I stood in the center of the group and shot the person I thought had stolen the poo poo. That person didn't die, but everyone responded like I'd solved the puzzle for some reason. I turned around to find someone else dead beneath the corrosive cloud from my Siren ability. :shrug:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Tzarnal posted:

The Giant H-Station is geosynchronous with the moon of pandora. Also, thats one freaky moon and I want to know what the orbital mechanics behind that thing are. Why is it on fire half the time ?

I don't think that's fire, I think it's colonies/civilization. It looks too organized to be lava floes or fissures in my opinion.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Vanderdeath posted:

I don't think that's fire, I think it's colonies/civilization. It looks too organized to be lava floes or fissures in my opinion.

Considering the setting, it could just as easily be colonies which are on fire.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
I am liking the vehicle physics over the previous version's game, if only for the fact that the whole engine preventing vehicle flips tends to make for some pretty retarded spins and ramps.

Also, on the subject of vehicles, is there a major reason people don't like the mouse-driven Halo-style steering? The front gun is very good for strafing runs, which seems to be the best way to go about vehicular combat in BL2.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Demitri Omni posted:

I am liking the vehicle physics over the previous version's game, if only for the fact that the whole engine preventing vehicle flips tends to make for some pretty retarded spins and ramps.

Also, on the subject of vehicles, is there a major reason people don't like the mouse-driven Halo-style steering? The front gun is very good for strafing runs, which seems to be the best way to go about vehicular combat in BL2.

who's not liking it? it makes sense from a design standpoint. The game is on three consoles and it needs to control well on each. A WASD style on controller would be crap. It probably just made it easier to port that way.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
If you look past the jokes in this the whole game is pretty loving sad and depressing :(

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Demitri Omni posted:

Personally, I find the mouse-driven steering to be uncommon enough that, even after 30 hours, I still occasionally catch myself trying to steer with WASD keys. Also, there are times where I'd like to be able to look and steer in two different directions.

I don't think mouse-driven steering is terrible, though. It would be nice if we were given the option of switching between mouse-steering and WASD-steering. Also, the handbrake should be on the "jump" (typically spacebar) key, not the loving grenade key.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
On the subject of vehicles.

Why do they turn so sharply? I prefer the handling of the first game's vehicles.

Tots
Sep 3, 2007

:frogout:
How do i activate the fink's slaughterhouse mission?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Tots posted:

How do i activate the fink's slaughterhouse mission?

Take the ladder up to the platform in middle of the arena and push the button.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Croccers posted:

If you look past the jokes in this the whole game is pretty loving sad and depressing :(

The primary comedic relief, regardless of if you find him funny or not, is possibly the saddest character of them all. Claptrap's entire life is an empty and pathetic existence, and he's just smart enough to realize that himself.

If I sound pleased about this, it's only because my programmers made this my default tone of voice! :haw: I'm actually quite depressed! :haw:

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Fauxtool posted:

who's not liking it? it makes sense from a design standpoint. The game is on three consoles and it needs to control well on each. A WASD style on controller would be crap. It probably just made it easier to port that way.
Personally I've always thought the Halo style (as in, relative to the camera) of driving works like poo poo even with a controller but I think I'm in the minority on that one. I've always preferred controls that are relative to the vehicle when driving in games.

Eriic
Aug 9, 2009

Twisp, is this a truth? Do you do evil?
I think I just encountered a really awful bug. A few days ago I was playing co-op in True Vault Hunter mode before I had actually beaten the first playthrough on my character. Fast forward to today, I'm in TVH now, playing solo. I occasionally get the popup asking if I want to skip quests that I've already completed and I always select "no". I decide to take a break after getting back to the relocated Sanctuary and picking up a bunch of side quests. Welp, I just loaded my game and about half of the quests that I just picked up are marked as complete and gone from my active quests. In addition, the story progress skipped from the beginning of the Wildlife Preserve straight to the missions in Opportunity. I think the game somehow decided that I want to skip every quest that I had completed in co-op. :smith:

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Got that lovely bug where your 3 and 4 weapon slots get relocked. Anyone remember at which point you get the storage deck upgrades? Gonna see if I can join some games and leech that quest reward.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

Harrower posted:

Got that lovely bug where your 3 and 4 weapon slots get relocked. Anyone remember at which point you get the storage deck upgrades? Gonna see if I can join some games and leech that quest reward.

When you first get to Sanctuary, and when you first get back to Sanctuary after it moves

bakageta
Apr 30, 2011

Jelly posted:

I really wish they'd gone the D3/Torchlight route with looting. Pubbie games are nearly unbearable what with the Finding Nemoesque "MINE MINE MINE" action as soon as a blue or better drops.

So much this.

Indra
Nov 25, 2005
Where are my pants?
Just started a fresh game with Zer0 and had an orange burst fire corrosive pistol drop from Bullymong.... Don't remember getting anything that good on my Axton playthrough and i certainly didn't think i'd be getting elemental guns that early.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

Getting back to "The Bee", the legendary shield; I have just received a second one from Hunter Hellquist, the Hyperion Truth Network DJ, so unless it is a complete fluke, he is the go to source for retardedly overpowered shields. It took me 20 or so kills but it's pretty fast to do if you just save and quit then reload since he is close to the respawn point.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

slovach posted:

Yup, Roland didn't think to wear any armor or a shield or anything while we go to raid the most dangerous place imaginable. Jack just hid in the room the whole time and then welp, one shot, dead.

I don't think he was hiding in the room, it looked like he teleported/"digitized" in behind him. He was still in the process when he fired.

Also, I like the idea about Jack being too rich for the New-U station to work. He's just greedy enough that he wouldn't give anybody a chance to get a freebie.

Edit: Oh, and to continue to bitch a little more (since it's one of my favorite things to do), when Mordecai gives you Roland's chest code, it was this big sappy "He'd want you to have it" moment. My chest was full of really, really lovely green and white shields. Uhh.. Thanks, Roland. Maybe if you had thought to carry one of these when you were heading to the fight, you wouldn't have died in the first loving place!

TShields fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Sep 25, 2012

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Just found this in one of the first outhouses in New Game+ mode.

It shoots a slow moving, pink ball that explodes acid. The radius of the explosion is ridiculous, probably something like 20-30 metres. Everything in the area gets covered in acid.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
They really should have called it Alien Bukkake.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
I'm finding this game really quite difficult with zer0.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I had planned on going through this game as a dual revolver badass, but most of the revolvers I'm finding don't put out a whole lot more damage than the autoloaders with way higher capacity. How far do I have to get before I start seeing more revolvery revolvers? Is primarily using revolvers even viable?

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

WastedJoker posted:

I'm finding this game really quite difficult with zer0.

Dude, seriously? I'm going down the left side of the Sniping tree and I'm a loving monster. I one-shot dudes firing from the hip. You just have to know where the weak spots are. I carry a good SMG too for groups, and the other two slots are grab bags- whatever other goodness I can find.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TShields posted:

Edit: Oh, and to continue to bitch a little more (since it's one of my favorite things to do), when Mordecai gives you Roland's chest code, it was this big sappy "He'd want you to have it" moment. My chest was full of really, really lovely green and white shields. Uhh.. Thanks, Roland. Maybe if you had thought to carry one of these when you were heading to the fight, you wouldn't have died in the first loving place!

Got 4 white pistols that were 3-4 levels below me, thanks buddeh! Although, in a sort of meta-story way, it makes a twisted sort of sense. Roland passes on his treasure to you, which you immediately sell for SLOTS MONEY. Man, pandora's a dark place.

Speaking of, on PT2 now and I have straight up not seen a single orange drop aside from the final boss's scripted one. Bout 30% through pt2, with the 4-player setting, as well as farming bosses, and I am literally getting nothing. :geno: It's getting kind of annoying that I only really get an upgrade dropping once every 3-4 levels, tops. Still using the rifle that I picked up on first getting to sanctuary at the start of pt2.

Ed: Also, am I the only one that got hit way harder by Bloodwing's death than by Roland's? You get bloody all tranqed and it seems like there's this tiny glimmer of hope then BAM gently caress you Jack! :argh: Might have something to do with me going through B1 with mordecai the whole time. Also Mordy hulking the gently caress out on Hyperion afterwards is awesome.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Sep 25, 2012

Paino
Apr 21, 2007

by T. Finninho
Will this game have any real longevity? Considering there's already several cheats and exploits that can make you godly and that it's actually possible to create your own weapon with 3rd party software and then go online and use it in duels/PvE, I'm not sure if the loot carrot will stay attractive for long. And if you take that away, what's left is a game with interesting visuals, funny writing, and mildly repetitive gameplay.

For all the criticism one can muster, Diablo 3 is still king in that regard. Borderlands and Torchlight 2 seem to be more creative with loot properties (resulting in stupidly overpowered poo poo at times, to be honest) but both Gearbox and Runic Games seem to be hilariously inadequate at protecting loot "value" from exploits, cheats, duping, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Naturally Selected posted:

Ed: Also, am I the only one that got hit way harder by Bloodwing's death than by Roland's? You get bloody all tranqed and it seems like there's this tiny glimmer of hope then BAM gently caress you Jack! :argh: Might have something to do with me going through B1 with mordecai the whole time. Also Mordy hulking the gently caress out on Hyperion afterwards is awesome.

I just burst out laughing, mostly because I thought Mordecai was loving annoying. gently caress you Mordecai, your lovely bird is KFC now!

• Locked thread