Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Yeah, whatever, Teenage Mutant blah blah

But that 'quote' literally made me cringe in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm glad they found such an objective review source for that quote.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Mierenneuker posted:

I'm glad they found such an objective review source for that quote.

I like to think that's just a line they found in a random TMNT comic, so that source isn't from some fansite named that, just the actual comic.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Hewlett posted:

I like to think that's just a line they found in a random TMNT comic, so that source isn't from some fansite named that, just the actual comic.

That's what I assumed, actually.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That's what I assumed, actually.

You're probably right, too, and I was being too charitable - a quick Google search doesn't reveal any fansites or websites by that name. Wow. :stare:

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
I'm saving that picture for teaching my history kids about sourcing and bias.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Dillbag posted:

Was it this one?

No, that is also terrible. It was this one. A little more effort even if it's still lame. Burt definitely looks pleased with his Uzi.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I can't find ant examples online but I've noticed local shops are getting in copies of The Messengers and Midnight Meat Train in with different cover arts that have big awkward images of Kristen Stewart and Bradly Cooper on them.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Poor Michael Hoffman.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Found this on the Les Miserables thread

Really striking imo

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

achillesforever6 posted:

Found this on the Les Miserables thread

Really striking imo

Is she a giraffe?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

uPen posted:

Is she a giraffe?

I'd have gone with ET, with only half a neck.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There is a strong light source above her and to her right. You can tell because of the specular reflection in her eyes. That is producing a harsh shadow where the rest of her body is falling into darkness.

Edit: In fact, the shadowing recalls the illustration from the original book:

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Sep 25, 2012

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Slasherfan posted:

I can't find ant examples online but I've noticed local shops are getting in copies of The Messengers and Midnight Meat Train in with different cover arts that have big awkward images of Kristen Stewart and Bradly Cooper on them.

Hahahahaha

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It still baffles me that Midnight Meat Train was able to be released with that title.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Aphrodite posted:

It's South African, apparently.

Oh... dear...

South Africa's budding computer animation industry has failed to impress so far...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zo6Cs4pgxA

This got a theatrical release down here. :smith: I've seen better student showreels.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Mister Chief posted:

It still baffles me that Midnight Meat Train was able to be released with that title.

It's probably why hardly anyone's seen it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I saw it solely because of the title so I guess it worked to some extent.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
That movie was terrible. And now the poster's caught up to it.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Mister Chief posted:

Poor Michael Hoffman.

Why poor Michael Hoffman? The Coen Brothers actually did write the film, and looking at Hoffman's filmography, he doesn't really have anything too impressive in there to warrant him having credit over the Coen brothers. They would be draws to film. The director of One Fine Day starring George Clooney and Michelle Pfeiffer would not.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That movie was terrible. And now the poster's caught up to it.

I was wondering about that. I feel like I have to watch it now because as far as I can remember it's never not been offered free On Demand.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's mostly Vinny Jones murdering people so if that's a thing you'd like to see then go for it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Sounds like a winner to me.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Yodzilla posted:

Sounds like a winner to me.

You'd think so, right?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked Midnight Meat Train!

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Codependent Poster posted:

I liked Midnight Meat Train!

Same here. I thought it did a great job with creating a sinister character (Jones) and while the ending was a bit hokey, I think it was handled well!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mister Chief posted:

It literally had to be. It was based on a short story by Clive Barker and his contract stated that they had to keep the title.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Midnight Meat Train is one of those movies that's not nearly bad enough to deserve its reputation but not really good enough to compel me to defend it.

The original short story's pretty cool.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

The original short story's pretty cool.

Definitely.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

It literally had to be. It was based on a short story by Clive Barker and his contract stated that they had to keep the title.

I guess that Clive Barker learned how to write contracts after Hellraiser and Nightbreed.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Those aren't even the ones I saw, I took a picture on my phone so sorry it doesn't look great.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Slasherfan posted:

Those aren't even the ones I saw, I took a picture on my phone so sorry it doesn't look great.

Hahaha, yeah that The Messengers one is so much worse. The other one at least hints at what the movie is about. This is just Kristen Stewart: The Motion Picture.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Dunno if this happened anywhere else, but whoever held the distribution rights to Peter Jacksons old movies here in Denmark decided to cash in when LOTR hit it big and re-released Bad Taste, Braindead and Meet the Feebles with a big "From the director of Lord of the Rings" banner at the top and a big picture of Peter Jacksons face.

That may or may not be worse than re-jigging covers to focus more on a particular actor after they've made it big.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

MrBling posted:

Dunno if this happened anywhere else, but whoever held the distribution rights to Peter Jacksons old movies here in Denmark decided to cash in when LOTR hit it big and re-released Bad Taste, Braindead and Meet the Feebles with a big "From the director of Lord of the Rings" banner at the top and a big picture of Peter Jacksons face.

That may or may not be worse than re-jigging covers to focus more on a particular actor after they've made it big.

The Piranha 2: Flying Killers VHS I used to own had written on the top of the box in massive writing "From James Cameron director of Terminator, Aliens and True Lies" then a small image of a Piranha and the title of the movie in smaller writing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Slasherfan posted:

The Piranha 2: Flying Killers VHS I used to own had written on the top of the box in massive writing "From James Cameron director of Terminator, Aliens and True Lies" then a small image of a Piranha and the title of the movie in smaller writing.

Didn't he work on the effects for Galaxy of Terror? I want to see a DVD cover that says "visual effects from the man who brought you Avatar".

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Slasherfan posted:

And it's not even like he directed it. He was fired halfway in and broke into the studio in order to edit it.

Rogue1-and-a-half
Mar 7, 2011

TURN YOUR HEAD BRADLEY COOPER HE IS RIGHT THERE

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Rogue1-and-a-half posted:

TURN YOUR HEAD BRADLEY COOPER HE IS RIGHT THERE

IT'S THE GUY LOOKING AT YOU LIKE DROOPY DOG!

e: "I don't like this midnight meat train..."

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 25, 2012

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Hahaha perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This makes me wish that all films were forced to use their title in the film's dialogue, like "I'm just sick and tired of all these Star Wars." I can just see Christian Bale grunting out "The Dark Knight... Rises." as he's climbing out of the pit. Or, for that matter, Michael Caine having to say "So... Batman Begins!" when Wayne puts on the costume for the first time.

e: "Marion, cover your eyes. Don't look... at those Raiders of the Lost Ark!"