Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I take it that means I should pick up his Ghost Rider omnibus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Hakkesshu posted:

gently caress yeah you should.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I don't know poo poo about Doop and at issue was amazing. I won't spoil any moments, but will add that the bowling ball during the staff meeting and Wolverine's expression are what made me realize something special was going on.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chinaman7000 posted:

I don't know poo poo about Doop and at issue was amazing. I won't spoil any moments, but will add that the bowling ball during the staff meeting and Wolverine's expression are what made me realize something special was going on.

You need to get the X-force/X-Statix omnibus.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Chinaman7000 posted:

The best part of the issue is when I reached the staples, and I realized I was only halfway through the issue.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

-Dig!

-What are your two favorites at breakfast? CHECK ONLY TWO :black101:

-How interested are you in reading about...Black People? :raise:

I have no idea if this was an actual DC poll or not, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

Let's just say that at one point in Jason Aaron's run there's a ghost rider riding a shark..

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If this doesn't make you want to read Aaron's GR then I don't know what will

good day for a bris
Feb 4, 2006

No, I don't want to play "Conversation Parade".

Alhazred posted:

Let's just say that at one point in Jason Aaron's run there's a ghost rider riding a shark..

A flaming skeletal shark if I remember correctly. Also the tank with flaming treads manned by a platoon of ghost riders was cool too.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

If this doesn't make you want to read Aaron's GR then I don't know what will

Don't forget Knuckles O'Shaugnessy

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
My favorite Jason Aaron Ghost Rider moment is when he's in japan and fights a horrible demon that looks like a stereotypical anime character. But I can't find a picture of it or even remember what issue it was.

But what I do have is a panel from Incredible Hulk #14. Clever visual metaphor? How the Hulk's brain actually works? You decide.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.

Ghost Riders: Heaven's on Fire #3. Jason Aaron, or course.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh so that's where all those nuns from the Hitman trailer came from.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

My favorite Jason Aaron Ghost Rider moment is when he's in japan and fights a horrible demon that looks like a stereotypical anime character. But I can't find a picture of it or even remember what issue it was.

She was called the Skin-Bender and appeared in #35:

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Alhazred posted:

:gonk:

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Alhazred posted:

I don't want to read Ghost Rider. It's too scary.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alhazred posted:

I wish there were a way to convert animes into this kind of art style. I would love to see the reactions.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

prefect posted:

I wish there were a way to convert animes into this kind of art style. I would love to see the reactions.

Hire John Kricfalusi to replace the close-up reaction shots in animes with the grotesque Ren & Stimpy ones :cool:

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Alhazred posted:

Easy to spot who the skin bender is modeled after.
drat, anime proportions look horrifying when drawn more realistically.

Actual contribution. I don't know the source of this one. Anyone?

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waterhaul posted:

Everybody needs to buy Wolverine and the X-Men #17.

I bought this today. The greatest thing about this panel is that Doop is actually playing a bass instead of guitar and yet he still won.

Link, just in case people haven't heard of Robert Johnson, or the movie this scene is taken from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroads_%281986_film%29

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I posted:

Actual contribution. I don't know the source of this one. Anyone?

Based on the dialogue alone, I'm going to throw out a guess that it's something by Warren Ellis?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Looks like Ignition City.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Seldom Posts posted:

I bought this today. The greatest thing about this panel is that Doop is actually playing a bass instead of guitar and yet he still won.

Link, just in case people haven't heard of Robert Johnson, or the movie this scene is taken from. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossroads_%281986_film%29

After reading the issue, I just want an ongoing series named Doop & The Duck.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

redbackground posted:

-What are your two favorites at breakfast? CHECK ONLY TWO :black101:
"Hot cereal" is apparently just porridge. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'm still disappointed.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Xander77 posted:

"Hot cereal" is apparently just porridge. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I'm still disappointed.

From that one episode where Homer replaces Smithers as Mr. Burns' personal assistant.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Seldom Posts posted:

In the land of funk, bass is the king.

Scaramouche posted:

Looks like Ignition City.

This is correct.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Not true comic panels, but the creator of Perry Bible Fellowship had the following on his Tumblr:

VVVV So these actually got published by Marvel? Awesome. I would love to buy a book that was just PBF takes on various characters.

Sax Offender fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Sep 30, 2012

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Well they are true comic panels since they're well comic panels. They are also both from Strange Tales (I want to say #1)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waterhaul posted:

Well they are true comic panels since they're well comic panels. They are also both from Strange Tales (I want to say #1)

Yeah, those are both Strange Tales 1.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

I posted:

Easy to spot who the skin bender is modeled after.
drat, anime proportions look horrifying when drawn more realistically.

You think that's bad, you should see that Ukrainian girl who's basically turning herself into a living anime. The eyes, dear god, the eyes...

Also, those PBF panels are amazing, did he do any more for Strange Tales?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Sentinel Red posted:

Also, those PBF panels are amazing, did he do any more for Strange Tales?

This was in the last two pages of Strange Tales II

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Ha the magazine he's reading is Cosmo!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Kate Beaton also made pictures for Strange Tales:
http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=324

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Binary Badger posted:

This was in the last two pages of Strange Tales II

Awesome joke aside, the first three panels would have been one hell of a development in AvX.

mania
Sep 9, 2004

Uthor posted:

Kate Beaton also made pictures for Strange Tales:
http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=324

She did more pictures for Strange Tales 2:

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
I've been reading old X-men comics lately. Shocked to discover a certain guest artist doing the pencil-work for Uncanny X-Men 245.

Oh God oh man Wolverine's eyes!

Fortunately Claremont manages to work with a guy who can barely draw by making the comic intentionally ridiculous. It's a sort of "part 2" to the previous issue that saw Dazzler, Storm, Psylocke, and Rogue go to the mall (where Jubilee lives). Wolverine and the boys (Havok, Longshot, Colossus) go out drinking and accidentally run into a goofy alien invasion. It's a parody of a recent DC crossover and features a Superman look-alike, and a take on that event's "Gene Bomb" that's pretty clever on its own:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

prefect posted:

It's already been done in Franken Fran and it was even more horrifying/hilarious then this.

Also I know Alex Ross did this, but where the hell did it come from

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Oct 1, 2012

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

NutritiousSnack posted:

Also I know Alex Ross did this, but where the hell did it come from
It was a cover for a 2004 issue of The Village Voice.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Was at a friends place on the weekend and she had some old Spiderman comics lieing around. I saw this cover and had to have a chuckle about Spiderman at the Calgary Stampede.

Also, as a Canadian I have never heard of Turbine, our newest sensation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Madkal posted:

Was at a friends place on the weekend and she had some old Spiderman comics lieing around. I saw this cover and had to have a chuckle about Spiderman at the Calgary Stampede.

Thrill as Spidey eats ten whole bags of those tiny cinnamon-sugar donuts! Cringe in fear as he finds a loose bolt on the seat of the Zipper! Watch him dodge the cops after he tries to sit in the tree at the Coke Stage! Will he take in the Grandstand show? Will he bitch about the price of the ticket? Find out inside, true believers!

• Locked thread