Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

wah wah wah wahaaaahahahhahaahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

wah wah wah wahaaaahahahhahaahah

Just looks like fun.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
I would sign up for a 150cc Scooter race in a heart beat.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Really cool camera rig thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKmO-0ADbUc

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pokey Araya posted:

I would sign up for a 150cc Scooter race in a heart beat.

If you've got a local track or racing club they almost certainly have 50cc scooter races (at least they do in Europe) - it's a legit formula that started as a gateway between minimotos and 125s for kids, but now a lot of adults do it because it's fun as poo poo and also dirt cheap.

Which reminds me - I still have an old MZ ETZ300 in the garage that I was going to get up to BMZRC standards - it's dirt cheap and looks a lot of fun.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

Really cool camera rig thing.
That's a lot more stable than I expected it to be from the picture. Looks awesome.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its hard to tell but that really looks like a front or rear end from an R/C car, so the trailer itself probably has sprung and oil damped suspension, which helps with the smoothness.

EDIT: Looking at it again, that is definitely the front or rear of an R/C car, there are body mount posts still there and everything

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

My god, if I had way more money than class and owned a 'busa (see: way more money than class)...

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Linedance posted:

Some sort of yamaha 660? Tenere, or xt?

Yup, Tenere, though a 600, the 660s are water cooled.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtFUqbxctEI

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Safety Dance posted:

My god, if I had way more money than class and owned a 'busa (see: way more money than class)...

I'm not even a sports person at all but A loving BEAR IN A HEADLOCK! I'd rock that in a heartbeat.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

The cop car is a swedish cop car, anyway. And "our" ghost rider version does poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6aIhj9_qIg

This is my road home from work. Every day. A lot less fun in heavy traffic and with not so heavy balls :(

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
Supermoto Race:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHJHQYvqqNk

Captain Pike
Jul 29, 2003

http://www.theonion.com/articles/breaking-friend-who-just-got-motorcycle-already-de,29685/

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

What is/was this?

I'm thinking yamaha MT-03 maybe?

High Protein
Jul 12, 2009

Linedance posted:

What is/was this?

I'm thinking yamaha MT-03 maybe?

It looks like the Yamaha 660 thumper engine, but the MT-03's rear shock runs horizontally and that looks like the swing arm off a sport bike like the R6.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I just looked up the number plate and apparently it's a Derbi Mulhacen 659 which I have never heard of or seen before. I thought it looked a little too factory.. Don't know how much of it is stock though, I'll have to look it up tomorrow.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
I didn't know Derbi made anything bigger than a 125. Here in Sweden they don't even sell the 125s, only mopeds.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

First thought: thats a VFR.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")
I found a 50s(?) Simplex Automatic last night parked in the same antique store that had a Ducati 996 parked inside:

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

One thing I learned today, people who don't ride and therefor haven't been told they're gonna die whenever someone found out they just bought their first bike don't get this joke.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

One thing I learned today, people who don't ride and therefor haven't been told they're gonna die whenever someone found out they just bought their first bike don't get this joke.

Yeah, it's a VFR not a Ninja. That article writer is such a douche! Ha! :smug:

But in all seriousness, it gets on my nerves when people just randomly blurt out, "Motorbikes are dangerous! This news article I was reading says that 860% of all motorcycle riders will perish in a fiery accident!"

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
"Oh cool, you ride a sport bike?"

"Yeah."

"This guy I know from _____ died riding a sport bike"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
1951-54 BMW R51/3 plunger frame with later model retrofit quieter pipes without swallow tails and some funky non-original accessories added. (tank knee pads, seat coverings, tank tool kit cover, chrome air filter, rear rack, bags, chrome fork legs I think)

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Riding on the Eastern Front.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And I think that one's a Zündapp.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Did Zündapp and BMW share designs or were they producing a standard military model?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
They both had a boxer twin and shaft drive layout but the designs beyond that are actually not at all similar, from what I've heard. Zündapp actually made a boxer 4 (KS750), and had a transmission that used chains instead of straight mesh gears, and their frames were all pretty different.

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

Shadowgate posted:

It was a copy paste from the youtube comments guys... I don't think he was serious.
I done a troll!

I see this parked near where I live. It's pretty metal.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

Forty Two posted:

I done a troll!

I see this parked near where I live. It's pretty metal.

Wow, that's a pretty cool trike. What was it?

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

They are risking their lives everyday you loving idiot. They could go on a call and both get shot and killed, it happens. And they don't ruin peoples lives, people break the law so the officers do their job. Somebody has to do the job, so why don't you man up and do it? Yeah that's right your a god drat pussy.

gently caress the police. And I already manned up and served in actual real danger in the military.

The police are the henchmen of the bourgeoisie. I'd wonder if your opinion of the police would be the same if you're race was different or rights have been violated like a significant portion of the country.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM-S7lnfmQM
This man is chillin so hard on this thing.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Coredump posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM-S7lnfmQM
This man is chillin so hard on this thing.

I'd sit in it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

front wing flexing posted:

gently caress the police. And I already manned up and served in actual real danger in the military.

The police are the henchmen of the bourgeoisie. I'd wonder if your opinion of the police would be the same if you're race was different or rights have been violated like a significant portion of the country.

Youtube comment copypastes, the bane of the CA poster.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Youtube comment copypastes, the bane of the CA poster.

:suicide:

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
The venerable Ninja 250. Is it bad that I recognized it from the rearset alone?

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

the walkin dude posted:

The venerable Ninja 250. Is it bad that I recognized it from the rearset alone?

To the guy's credit. He tried desperately to sell it and nobody wanted it. I actually think it looks quite good.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

front wing flexing posted:

To the guy's credit. He tried desperately to sell it and nobody wanted it. I actually think it looks quite good.

Agreed, that's super cool for a Ninja 250.