Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
The Crusader doesn't let you see Atlases walking around with 15 spikes lodged into their crotch. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Felinoid posted:

Graal. The thing's accurate enough to mailslot a guardian from any range you can find in the game.
I tried this tonight, and couldn't get the spikes to go through the slot even at point blank. And God forbid you try to hit a Nemesis.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
I had a look at your manifest and put together a couple of builds for you Sanders.

A weapon centric human soldier:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#10OAOLRX0@0@C@@@0@0@0@0

The basic human soldier is a very good class made even better recently by big grenade buffs. Seriously frag grenades are stupidly good now. Adrenaline rush is also very good, it will immediately reload your gun, boost its damage by 70% and give you a bit of shields as well. It also has a low cooldown so you should be using it whenever you can. Concussion shot is mediocre at best so you're better off spending the points elsewhere.

The idea is you run around shooting things with the GPS while spamming adrenaline rush and throwing some grenades when things start to get rough. Make sure you use grenades and charged GPS shots against the big guys especially. You have quite a bit of shields and health (for a human) plus with adrenaline rush giving you shields you should be quite survivable while also able to pile on the damage. In practice this will probably be fine on silver, but you'll need to be more careful and know your limits on gold. If you find you dont like the GPS, the revenant would also be a good choice for this build.

And a power centric salarian engineer:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#22OIPIFP0@0@A@@I0J4@0@0

If you want to do well on gold you should go with the salarian engy especially versus geth. Salarians are amazing against geth thanks to energy drain and decoy. Incinerate isn't anything special but it does ok damage to armor and can be used after an energy drain to set off a tech burst, which will do a lot of damage to one target. This basically means you have an answer to anything the game throws at you. I added the phalanx because its pretty light and will give you max cooldown on your powers. You can use any gun you want though as long as you dont dip below +150% or so.

You wont be shooting much with this guy, just firing off your powers as often as you can. The first thing you should do before a wave starts is pop down a decoy in an obvious place to draw fire away from you and your team. This works very well against geth as for some reason they are drawn to it like moths to a flame and make for easy pickings. In fact try to keep a decoy up as much as possible, especially on objective waves. Energy drain everything and follow up with a few pistol shots or an incinerate. Against armor energy drain wont do much by itself, but the tech burst when you use incinerate after will do quite a bit, and with the burn damage over time from incinerate as well you can knock off quite a large chunk of armor in a short space of time. Stick to cover, especially on gold, and if your shields go down use energy drain as fast as you can to refill them. If you think you're getting overrun drop a decoy and leg it in the other direction.

I haven't included equipment for either build but you wont need any for silver and for gold just use whatever you have. Its easy to see what will work and what wont. Let me know how you get on.

Paracelsus posted:

I tried this tonight, and couldn't get the spikes to go through the slot even at point blank. And God forbid you try to hit a Nemesis.

You need to have the smart choke equipped and probably also need to be hosting to mailslot guardians. As for the nemesis thing, you need to move to the side and headshot them when they're in cover or stagger them first with a heavy melee or a power (ballistic blades :getin: )

Pumpking fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Sep 30, 2012

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Pumpking posted:

And a power centric salarian engineer:
http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#22OIPIFP0@0@A@@I0J4@0@0

Incinerate isn't anything special but it does ok damage to armor and can be used after an energy drain to set off a tech burst, which will do a lot of damage to one target.
[...]
Energy drain everything and follow up with a few pistol shots or an incinerate. Against armor energy drain wont do much by itself, but the tech burst when you use incinerate after will do quite a bit, and with the burn damage over time from incinerate as well you can knock off quite a large chunk of armor in a short space of time.
Tech bursts are really nice, especially if a group of enemies is clustered up, multiplying its damage output. It's not particularly hot against single (boss) enemies once they're down to armor, though. I just did some quick calculations comparing Incinerate spam vs ED/Incinerate/TB alternation and the overall DPS is roughly in the same ballpark, so choosing either won't put you at a huge disadvantage. Higher difficulties somewhat push the favor towards the latter due to the damage-scaling nature of power combos, but it all depends on the exact power spec and on the faction you're playing against to determine which does more DPS. Overall, you can't go wrong by tech bursting if there are targets in AoE range and switching to Incinerate otherwise.

One thing to keep in mind though is that the tech burst window on Energy Drain is prohibitively short (3 seconds, of which 2.5 seconds will be taken by cooldown) compared to Overload, even before the latter got buffed, so your solo tech burst capabilities are severely gimped. Unless you're really close to your ED'd target you won't get tech bursts with any kind of regularity, simply due to how long it takes for the Incinerate projectile to reach it. If you don't have 200% cooldown you don't even need to bother, and playing on a host with unstable latency won't do you any favors in that regard either. The +CD evolution on ED would help considerably, but you'd lose out on 100% shield restoration which I'm not entirely sure would be worth it. If you're behind cover, make sure to manually pop out by aiming your gun before the ED cooldown finishes, so you don't waste precious time on the pop-out-of-cover animation.

Regarding the build, personally I'd forgo the two levels in Decoy and max Fitness instead. The decoy only takes damage from rockets anyway and shock is basically useless except for getting last-hit kill credit on extraction. In my experience three levels in Decoy let it perform its purpose just fine and anything above that is better invested in other skills.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Counterpoint: max out Decoy because if you pick your spots right it will tank goddamn near everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGhaKGrR0qI

Any weapon with a low cooldown and disruptor ammo will produce plenty of TBs because you can use E-Drain as a detonator instead of a primer. gently caress Incinerate.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Sep 30, 2012

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Paracelsus posted:

There's three possibilities here:
1. You're not charging it to narrow the spread.
2. You can't handle projectile weapons (unlikely the reason given the mention of point blank).
3. Your aim sucks.

Pumpking posted:

You need to have the smart choke equipped and probably also need to be hosting to mailslot guardians. As for the nemesis thing, you need to move to the side and headshot them when they're in cover or stagger them first with a heavy melee or a power (ballistic blades :getin: )

Choke is unnecessary. I run my Graal barrel and blade, and I can still mailslot guardians from one corner of Condor to the other. Not every bloody shot of course; I'm only human and that's a fair distance for a projectile weapon. But it's still basically pinpoint accurate when charged. Never had much trouble hitting a Nemesis either, but then if she's not sitting still in cover (they always leave their head poking out :devil:), I'm not trying to shoot her.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Elotana posted:

Counterpoint: max out Decoy because if you pick your spots right it will tank goddamn near everything

Any weapon with a low cooldown and disruptor ammo will produce plenty of TBs because you can use E-Drain as a detonator instead of a primer. gently caress Incinerate.
Sure, if you can spare the consumables, but the whole point was to offer builds that work reasonably well without being fully kitted out :). Most weapons also aren't exactly great at consistently applying the ammo effects.

Also that Decoy would've tanked pretty much exactly as well at level three, the only difference being having to recast it slightly more often due to the shorter duration. I believe the only tangible difference maxing the Decoy's shields makes is whether it takes two or three rockets to be taken out - that's a few seconds at most.

\/\/\/ You have a point there, shock might let it draw more aggro, true.

SirViver fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 30, 2012

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

The Shock evo gets Decoy a lot more attention in my experience. Rank 6 obviously is about what you're saying (unless you really like the extra damage from the exploding decoy), but rank 5 increases its effectiveness by a fair bit when placed properly.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

Felinoid posted:

I'd played with the Graal a lot, and while I guess this is just speculation from observation, I think what you're seeing here is an odd charging behaviour. Other guns when you charge them do more damage, but I think what the Graal does is that it instead narrows the spread on the spikes. On the surface it appears the same because it's the same result most of the time: some of the spikes will miss (likely the ones it doesn't bother rendering because Bioware loves their lack of transparency) and it'll do less damage. But if you try it out on something big and beefy like a Brute or Atlas where you simply can't miss from close range, it looks like the first charged shot does about the same as the follow-up uncharged shots.

Of course, even if this is all wrong and you're right, the Graal would still be doing slightly more damage than the Crusader uncharged (unless you happen to have a Crusader VIII or something), and twice as much charged. The Crusader meanwhile cannot be charged, so it's stuck at 600-700 while the Graal averages out around 1K even if you assume half and half.

Nah, just tested with a Kroguard. 6 charged shots to kill a brute, 11 uncharged shots, all from point-blank range.

As much as I prefer the Graal, the Crusader does have a bigger clip and a substantially shorter reload time. Against anything that takes more than 1 clip I'd expect the Crusader to kill it faster. I still think the Crusader is bad, but that's because of the recoil and weight.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I would also like to point out one essential thing about Graal vs. Crusader:
The Crusader makes this really weird and kinda wimpy sounding noise when you fire it, whereas the Graal goes THVOOMP in a most badass manner.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

The Graal sounds like a puppy being kicked

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Dilb posted:

Nah, just tested with a Kroguard. 6 charged shots to kill a brute, 11 uncharged shots, all from point-blank range.

As much as I prefer the Graal, the Crusader does have a bigger clip and a substantially shorter reload time. Against anything that takes more than 1 clip I'd expect the Crusader to kill it faster. I still think the Crusader is bad, but that's because of the recoil and weight.

Well that's slightly disappointing. Still, the Graal's reload isn't much of an issue with reload-cancelling (and you should be using your powers at least that frequently). And while it'd be slightly slower against the big boys, it really does shine against lower-level enemies since it can one-shot them on difficulty levels / bodyshots that the Crusader can't. Nothing quite like rounding a corner with a charged Graal and replacing a Centurion's face with spikes. Guardians probably go to the Crusader though, since even though the Graal can mailslot them, the Crusader doesn't even have to bother with its innate cover piercing.

Also personally, while availability of ammo crates makes this only a small issue, I just don't like the idea of spending more shots to do the same thing, unless it also fires faster (they have the same fire rate) or has significantly more ammo (about +40% on both clip size and spare, even when unrealistically compared at the same level). The Graal is more ammo-efficient, and I like that, as little actual difference as that makes.

Elotana posted:

The Graal sounds like a puppy being kicked

The Crusader sounds like a really high pitched version of those old FPS grenade launcher sounds. Which means if they went "CHUNK!", the Crusader goes "CHINK!" QED, the Crusader is racist. :v:

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Pumpking posted:

The idea is you run around shooting things with the GPS while spamming adrenaline rush and throwing some grenades when things start to get rough. Make sure you use grenades and charged GPS shots against the big guys especially. You have quite a bit of shields and health (for a human) plus with adrenaline rush giving you shields you should be quite survivable while also able to pile on the damage. In practice this will probably be fine on silver, but you'll need to be more careful and know your limits on gold. If you find you dont like the GPS, the revenant would also be a good choice for this build.

Alternatively, if you're able to consistently get headshots, the Human Soldier can make the Mantis surprisingly useful by cheesing the free reload from Adrenaline Rush. Two fast headshots will do 2500 damage on the first hit and 4250 on the second, which is good to kill most any non-boss on Gold (though good luck headshotting Phantoms twice). It's much less effective against bosses since you can't headshot them, but clearing trash is helpful to your mates and your damage will add up.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The answer to every problem is ME:MP is, get a Cerberus Harrier.

Christ that gun rules, especially with a Demolisher and the extra grenade bonuses. I'm also getting back into the Reegar Carbine after ignoring it in favour of the Pirhana for so long. The Harrier and Reegar are great with incindiary ammo.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Just as a heads up the Reeger is glitched with inc. ammo and does way more damage then it's intended to. It's great but it will likely be much less effective whenever they get the next patch out, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

Dilb posted:

A charged headshot from the graal will kill a gold phantom in one hit. I think its like the kishok in that it ignores shield gate. Submission net or a stagger makes a headshot easy too.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Since the latest balance change fixed the Typhoon recoil bug, I tried out the Typhoon V again. It's remarkably accurate when it doesn't have 5 times as much recoil as it ought to, and is definitely better than the Revenant.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Holy hell, since when could banshees teleport straight into the tower in Dagger?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Lagomorphic posted:

Just as a heads up the Reeger is glitched with inc. ammo and does way more damage then it's intended to. It's great but it will likely be much less effective whenever they get the next patch out, so enjoy it while it lasts.

I must've missed this since I sort of ignored the Reegar (and most shotguns) until now, when I ignore it in favor of my Pirhana ... what the what now?

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.
Put incendiary IV on your Piranha? While the Reegar does seem to benefit more, Incendiary seems to be glitched in general. It also combines with Warp to do even more insane dots (try Turian Sent). It' also seems to eat other dots when applied, so don't bother using it on say a class with Inferno grenades.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Elotana posted:

I actually don't like Borderlands 2 that much. The gunplay is really "mushy" compared to ME3, the constant micromanagement that comes with looting gets old, and the humor tries way, way too hard.

That last part really turned me off to Borderlands 1. The problem with the writing is that it tells and doesn't show. It wants to be an edgy, witty, stylized shooter, but they fail because the writing feels too forced. It's like they are writing stuff that they think their target audience will find funny, instead of writing stuff that actually is funny. Plus, that stupid Claptrap thing is not funny at all. It's an obvious attempt at filling the "lovable mascot" niche but it fails terribly because it's so annoying.

/Borderlands rant. I wonder when that next ME3 MP patch is coming out? The devs keep mentioning it so I'm thinking patch 1.4 is coming soon. Can't wait for boss headshot damage bonuses--should bring back some popularity to snipers.

But wait... the tech combo evo is bugged on the Shadow? :cry:

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

Be that as it may, at least I think it's more fun to play without having to deal with numerous bugs that can adversely effect and break game play and bullshit game mechanics like stun and instant kills. Plus, you get far more opportunities to get more weapons so the RNG loving you over won't be nearly as big of a deal. Especially since you're not committing so much time and/or real money to get them.

Plus, the game starts up on the PC in a quarter of the time that Mass Effect 3 takes. (or less) :v:

Basically, I find Borderlands more pleasant and less frustrating to play.

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Oct 1, 2012

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I like the crusader. I was playing with someone not long ago using it on his Geth Infiltrator (Ziffles, I want to say?) and he was just taking the head off of everything up to and including phantoms on gold in one shot.

Granted, the Gethfiltrator makes pretty much every gun the most powerful ever, but I still like the Crusader anyway :colbert:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Crusader has become my favorite serious weapon in the game (Revenant being the most fun for screwing around). I'm not sure why so many people complain about it. The only time it feels weak or awkward to me is when people use powers near you and make your screen wobble around, since there's no way to line up headshots that way.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

It wants to be an edgy, witty, stylized shooter, but they fail because the writing feels too forced. It's like they are writing stuff that they think their target audience will find funny, instead of writing stuff that actually is funny.

This is rather silly. You are implying that there is an objective standard of humor and that the game is factually missing this standard. If there is to be any attempt at humor at all, how should the writers not aim for "stuff that they think their target audience will find funny?"

I'm half to two thirds of the way through the game by my estimate, and have found most of it completely hilarious. Part of that is just because so much of it is centered around AIs and robots which I find inherently funny for some reason, but there's definitely a lot to enjoy there. Maybe I shouldn't, though, since apparently it is not "actually funny."

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 1, 2012

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
A few months ago a lot of people were saying that ME3 would hemorrhage players when Borderlands 2 came out. I don't know if thats actually the case but I've been playing a lot more Borderlands than ME3 recently.

The humor can be a little forced at times but both Borderlands games definitely have their moments. Plus the coop is handled really well and its SO nice to play a game where the multiplayer isnt a buggy mess thanks to being largely an afterthought.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Crusader has become my favorite serious weapon in the game (Revenant being the most fun for screwing around). I'm not sure why so many people complain about it.

I think most of the complaints were pre-buff.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This is rather silly. You are implying that there is an objective standard of humor and that the game is factually missing this standard. If there is to be any attempt at humor at all, how should the writers not aim for "stuff that they think their target audience will find funny?"

I'm half to two thirds of the way through the game by my estimate, and have found most of it completely hilarious. Part of that is just because so much of it is centered around AIs and robots which I find inherently funny for some reason, but there's definitely a lot to enjoy there. Maybe I shouldn't, though, since apparently it is not "actually funny."

Well excuuuuse me Princess! Fine then: by my standard of humor, it came off as a try-harding, humorlessly-cheesy game whose incredibly dead writing was only matched by the blandness of the gameplay.

Although I'm probably incredibly biased because I had never bothered with the co-op since (on the 360) it was always laggy and buggy for me.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Patch notes have just been posted, and the patch is expected to come out on Thursday. :toot:

Issues Fixed:

- Fixed tutorial tip that didn't properly display an unbound command
- Fixed an issue in multiplayer where if a character has DLC weapons equipped, and the DLC associated to the weapons is deleted, the weapon loadout screen displayed no weapons
- Sabotage power evolution 6 increased tech damage bonus no longer stacks
- Fixed a rare crash in the final mission level involving the firing of the Cain at the Hades Cannon.
- Fixed the Encumbrance Bar from not updating correctly for the Earth DLC weapon mods
- Fixed weapons with natural piercing from having their damage reduced with piercing mods equipped
- Incinerate power evolution 5 now gives a damage bonus to frozen and chilled enemies
- Krogan Vanguard Rage bonuses now work properly
- Fixed Shepard's shadow from not appearing after entering and exiting an Atlas
- Fixed quitting/disconnecting while holding Retrieve Object that could cause the Retrieve Object to disappear
- Fixed users logging off or disconnecting during gameplay from not being able to return online until rebooting the game
- Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover
- Fixed issue in which enemies surviving a detonated Stasis blast became invulnerable
- Attempting to equip similar weapon mods will now present a 'Slot Occupied' message
- Asari Justicar passive power evolution 3 power damage and force bonus now works properly
- Disruptor Rounds consumable (all ranks) damage multiplier against shields and barriers increased from 100% to 400%
- Particle Rifle no longer replenishes ammo from ammo boxes and supply pylons
- Fixed an issue when using Biotic Charge before death that caused the match to be unplayable afterwards
- Fixed pathing for Banshees so they don't get stuck in a teleport routine
- Fixed Asari Justicar from not being able to activate Biotic Sphere within range of large enemies
- Fixed dropping Retrieve Objects that could potentially fall under the level
- All Batarian and Krogan kits will now stagger less than other kits
- Ops Survival Packs now grant a one second damage immunity when consumed
- Singularity power re-designed:

Singularity no longer has a maximum number of charges and will only be destroyed when the time runs out

Performing a biotic combo on someone floating in the singularity no longer ends the singularity

Base cooldown changed to 8 seconds

Base duration of the singularity changed to 8 seconds

Base power now does 100 points of damage per second to all targets that are in range, even if not floating in the singularity

Base power sets up biotic combos on everyone that comes into range (only 1 combo added per enemy per cast of singularity)

Rank 3 changed to a damage over time bonus (used to be a radius and duration bonus)

Evolve 1 changed to singularity duration bonus (used to be a hold duration bonus and number of charges increase)

Evolve 5 changed to damage over time bonus (used to be a radius increase mechanic)

Evolve 6 now detonates biotic combos when the singularity explodes

- Fixed an issue with the Banshee being able to sync-kill players farther than she should be able to
- Fixed an issue with Firebase Jade giving partial extractions when all players are already inside the extraction zone
- Fixed SMG Ultralight Materials Mod not having impact on power recharge speed
- Fixed Armor Piercing Ammo not applying penetration bonus to secondary weapon
- Fixed player death camera beginning before a sync kill is complete
- Fixed an issue with talent points remaining after a character promotion
- Melee creatures will now completely ignore pets (drones, decoys, etc.) rather than just having a chance to ignore them
- Fixed an issue with Private Lobbies not staying private after the match has begun
- Krysae no longer ignores enemy shield gates
- Fixed various weapon sound-replications for clients
- Concussive Shot changes:

Evolution 3 damage and force bonus now applies to frozen and chilled targets

Evolution 5 changed to increase damage by 50% and radius by 1 meter (used to take on the properties of your ammo power, but this did not work)

Evolution 6 damage bonus to organics increased from 100% to 200% over 10 seconds

- Fixed issue where enemies in Stasis surviving a biotic detonation would become un-synchronized for clients
- Fixed Leviathan DLC Weapon Mods not carrying over to New Game +
- Marksman will instantly reload weapon ammunition when activated
- N7 Shadow Sword Mastery power evolution 5 and 6 now apply to Shadow Strike damage
- Fixed Atlas rocket applying damage over time on N7 Paladins using the Omni-Shield
- Fixed automatic revive at a specific spot in Firebase White
- Fixed an issue with ammo boxes causing players to be unable to fire weapons after attempting to refill grenades
- Fixed an issue with the Krysae Sniper rifle not functioning properly on squad members (Firefight pack)
- Fixed the health bar position of Tactical Scan on Swarmers
- Fixed an issue with enemies approaching a downed player to execute, but showing mercy and leaving
- Fixed seeking projectile powers occasionally failing to impact targets even though it appeared to impact
- Successfully extracting from a match gives 10% bonus credits. This reward does not depend on your squad members – you must extra personally to get the reward.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Retrieve Objective wave to not recognize the recovery of the object when it enters the retrieve zone
- Fixed bleedout effect that was disappearing when another player used an Ops Survival Pack
- Fixed Decoy that was blocking the use of ladders to NPCs and squadmates
- Fixed Flamer power of Vorcha from being activated simultaneously with the Reegar Carbine
- Fixed icons of powers disappearing from the Character Screen
- Fixed an issue with Ken/Gabby and Tali/Garrus ambient dialogues not triggering in Normandy engineering
- Fixed an issue in which purchasing multiplayer card pack purchases would not complete

Exploits Fixed:

- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to be invincible and invisible to enemies
- Fixed an exploit where players were able to use rockets from other weapons

PS3 Only:

- Fixed an issue on PS3 where after accepting an invite, a player could get stuck in a multiplayer screen by entering the store from the promo screen and then exiting without purchase
- Fixed a crash when pressing PS button during the game's boot sequence

PC Only:

- Fixed the hint popup to update mouse left click and right click bindings
- Fixed an issue that made Origin users display their game as joinable when their game is full
- Fixed a crash on Firebase Rio caused by heavy melee

Xbox Only

- Fixed a rare crash (black screen) on Xbox 360: Upon booting up the game and attempting to reach the title screen, players will now be able to get to title screen to recover their save games

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

I love that they couldn't actually get Concussive Shot's ammo power bonus to work and ended up saying "gently caress it" and changing the evolution. That's excellent programming right there.

Elotana fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 1, 2012

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

UnknownMercenary posted:

- Players can no longer grab Geth Pyros over cover

Still trying hard to kill FBWGG farming then.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I love most everything. Singularity might be worth picking up now, and extra extraction credits are awesome. The rest I'm putting a 33% rate of stuff actually working.

And why on earth are they making geth even harder? I know it's intended for farming, but are they seriously trying to end Unknown/Unknown matches forever too?

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Yeah the lack of Geth bug fixes is disappointing, but if the Vanguard and Krogan/Batarian stun fixes actually work I'll be mostly satisfied.

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I have to wonder with a patch fix list that big, how many new bugs will they introduce?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Gasoline posted:

Still trying hard to kill FBWGG farming then.
It's not even likely to do much there, it's usually just the Hunters who get close enough to grab.

The Shadow's final sword evolutions applying to Shadow Strike should be interesting.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
If this all works, I might have to take a break from Borderlands 2 this weekend. But man, why do they hate the Krysae so much? I know they made it overpowered to begin with, but everytime they change it they somehow are able to castrate it further. Still, not being able to grab pyros isn't a huge deal if you aren't a totally terrible pubbie (oh god, I can't wait to gold farm again and see poo poo go downhill quick). I really hope it's true that they fixed the biotic charge glitch, and I cannot fuckin' wait to pull out my shadow. I should theoretically be able to one-hit a gold level phantom now, or at least have the DOT finish her.

And if what they did to singularity is any indication, I hope they also revisit pull, carnage, and incinerate to make them as useful as the newer powers.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Bonus credits for extraction is gonna be awesome now. Geth Pyro's not being grabbable now should be interesting, those are going to be important targets now before they reach the console. And I had no idea there were so many Stasis-related bugs.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Well assuming there's no changes to those patch notes come Thursday I'd say I'm pretty impressed. I really like the +10% credits for extracting and the singularity overhaul. Kind of sad to see the Reeger/Flamer trick go but it's a fair change and I'll have a reason to try other guns on my Vorcha I guess. No change to inc. ammo as well so I'll still have plenty of fun with the Reeger.

KidKrampus posted:

I hope they also revisit pull, carnage, and incinerate to make them as useful as the newer powers.

Pull is fine as is. It's not great but it does what it does well enough. Carnage and incinerate really just need a boost to the base damage and they'll be fine. Carnage gets an awesome bonus to armor damage if you take the rank the rank 6 evo, it's just that the base damage is so crappy that it's kind of a wash.

GulMadred
Oct 20, 2005

I don't understand how you can be so mistaken.

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

And why on earth are they making geth even harder? I know it's intended for farming, but are they seriously trying to end Unknown/Unknown matches forever too?
In my experience, grab kills are fairly rare in Unknown map matches so I would consider this an acceptable sacrifice in order to piss in the collective Cheerios of the Geth/White/Gold farmers.

However, I disagree with the implementation. They should have kept Pyros flagged as grabbable, but the stab/punch would inflict only a few hundred damage and then you'd be left with a pissed-off Pyro on the wrong side of your defensive wall.
:getin:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Yeah and they're reducing the vulnerability to stagger for Krogan and Batarians, so Geth should be at least be a little less bullshit when not farming. Pyros being immune to grabs makes them a credible threat to farmers but they're still pretty drat managable. You have plenty of time to kill them before they get into attack range.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

Lagomorphic posted:

Well assuming there's no changes to those patch notes come Thursday I'd say I'm pretty impressed. I really like the +10% credits for extracting and the singularity overhaul. Kind of sad to see the Reeger/Flamer trick go but it's a fair change and I'll have a reason to try other guns on my Vorcha I guess. No change to inc. ammo as well so I'll still have plenty of fun with the Reeger.

Pull is fine as is. It's not great but it does what it does well enough. Carnage and incinerate really just need a boost to the base damage and they'll be fine. Carnage gets an awesome bonus to armor damage if you take the rank the rank 6 evo, it's just that the base damage is so crappy that it's kind of a wash.

I agree with incinerate and carnage, but I feel like pull could really do with a similar effect as Lash where it can at least maybe stagger shielded enemies (or does it now?). It just feels like it could use a bit of a boost to make it more usable, especially if they keep upping the overall difficulty of the game and introduce super-characters like the Fury and such.

But for now, I'm just glad that maybe I can finally use the human adept without feeling like I'm handicapped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

This was also just added:

-Can now headshot Banshees, Geth Primes, and Brutes for an extra 40% weapon damage.
-Can now shoot the Atlas’ exhaust port on his back for an extra 40% weapon damage.

There's also plans to put the missing weapon mods back into packs after the patch hits.

A Krysae buff is planned as well once the patch comes out.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Oct 1, 2012

• Locked thread