Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
Seen in Austin. The pic doesn't do all the paste on 'chrome' accents any justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
I saw some awesome CARma on my way in to work today. It was a crappy old eclipse, painted exactly like the car from the first :rice: movie. Except he had apparently rammed into something so he had a lovely black primer hood on it. He also had severe damage to his manifold as the car was on the shoulder smoking like crazy as he tried to pour water into the radiator :) Couldn't pull my phone out in time.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

I saw some awesome CARma on my way in to work today. It was a crappy old eclipse, painted exactly like the car from the first :rice: movie. Except he had apparently rammed into something so he had a lovely black primer hood on it. He also had severe damage to his manifold as the car was on the shoulder smoking like crazy as he tried to pour water into the radiator :) Couldn't pull my phone out in time.

Did a portion of his runningboard/floorboard fall out?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

kastein posted:

More pics from the junkyard crawl.

More graffiti on the same VW.

I don't know if there are any insane rabid VW fanboys on this forum, but if there are someone needs to buy them this as a title because it's cracking me the hell up.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
http://www.cars.com/go/search/emailToFriendRedirect.jsp?paId=458250426&id=91506131

SPECIAL EDITION

Also, :goonsay: explanation:

This is a bone stock 2008 Cayman 2.7 that has been tarted up in an attempt to look like a 1.5th generation 2009 Cayman S.

-Fake aftermarket side stripe
-Fake aftermarket exhaust
-Fake black-on-black racing stripes attempting to rip off Design Edition cayman (which have hilariously been already wrecked by stone chips)
-Fake Special Edition badge on dashboard from what I assume is a 1930's Cadillac,
-Fake 'S' badge on the back which is from a Cayenne S rather than a Cayman S and hasn't even been re-aligned to center on the hatch
-Fake carbon fibre wrap in interior (Porsche doesn't offer interior CF in the places this has been applied, and theirs is real CF rather than a wrap)
-Somebody left their red licorice wrapped around the gearstick console

(The biggest offense, of course, is that somebody has nicked the accident triangle from the front boot.)

The 'M3 Badge' effect comes to Porsche too!

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Spades posted:

-Fake black-on-black racing stripes attempting to rip off Design Edition cayman (which have hilariously been already wrecked by stone chips)

It's worse than black on black. it's carbon fiber stickers.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011

GutBomb posted:

It's worse than black on black. it's carbon fiber stickers.

:hitler: :suicide:

When it comes to blinged out and tarted up, this car is now

through the hookerglass

Spades fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 9, 2012

Supershuttle
Aug 15, 2009
So I saw this on the way up to Austin, driving on 290. It's an old rear end corolla, not sure of the year though. This guy played way too much Vigilante 8.

BeastPussy
Jul 15, 2003

im so mumped up lmao

Supershuttle posted:

So I saw this on the way up to Austin, driving on 290. It's an old rear end corolla, not sure of the year though. This guy played way too much Vigilante 8.

This would've been better if you were driving on Interstate 76.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:golfclap: Well played.

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Supershuttle posted:

Wrong thread <:mad:>

Supershuttle
Aug 15, 2009

SyHopeful posted:

Wrong thread <:mad:>

Quite honestly I was having a moral dilemma myself on what thread it belonged in. I ended up in this thread because it also had an ebay fart can.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Spades posted:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/emailToFriendRedirect.jsp?paId=458250426&id=91506131

SPECIAL EDITION

Also, :goonsay: explanation:

This is a bone stock 2008 Cayman 2.7 that has been tarted up in an attempt to look like a 1.5th generation 2009 Cayman S.

-Fake aftermarket side stripe
-Fake aftermarket exhaust
-Fake Special Edition badge on dashboard from what I assume is a 1930's Cadillac,
-Fake 'S' badge on the back which is from a Cayenne S rather than a Cayman S and hasn't even been re-aligned to center on the hatch
-Fake carbon fibre wrap in interior (Porsche doesn't offer interior CF in the places this has been applied, and theirs is real CF rather than a wrap)
-Somebody left their red licorice wrapped around the gearstick console

(The biggest offense, of course, is that somebody has nicked the accident triangle from the front boot.)

The 'M3 Badge' effect comes to Porsche too!

If it makes you feel better I fail cars on these guys in post sale inspection all the time. Usually Range Rovers. Working at an auction is cool.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Landy body on ACVW chassis: yes

Fake rust, shipping pallet-cum-tonneau cover, exhaust stacks: nope

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Apparently it's 'real' rust in that it's a paint that rusts, or something. On the wood.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
And the aluminum body.

Also +1 for the chopped top, but it's not enough. Be nice to see a show-quality version of this.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

But, but, aluminum?

I'm so torn here. The fake rust thing is poo poo. Do the job right with a good paint job, lose those ridiculous stacks and the wood pallet for a bed top and I might start to like it. Unlikely though.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

PreacherNutshot posted:

I'm sorry about your cars, but what do you mean "I can't even get the police to come out"? As in "sorry, today's Larry's birthday and we're not going on calls until the cake gets cut" or "You live in a lovely neighborhood, what did you expect?"
Took them about 30 hours from when my wife called it in and they only came by after I called to report the pickup parked up the street that we think was involved was gone.

We have a case number and everything now and insurance is dealing with it. Just saw the quotes. Dude managed about $20k worth of damage, yay!

They might just write off the Sonic. We'll see.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Poor Herbie. I wonder if someone will impulse buy it, and then wonder WTF they have done.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I was just wondering what the Optima would look like if I lowered it so much it became undriveable and tried to give it a batman theme, and thankfully DC Comics have teamed up with Kia to make that dream come true.

I'm surprised they didn't use the SXL model with the LED running lights over the fog lights. There could have been even more yellow light!

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Queensland Police came up with another gem today:

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Is that the GTO equivalent with a hitch on it? Or just some other Holden?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

JP Money posted:

VZ commodore. Note the 4 doors.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hmm looks close enough. Not something you'd see very often on this side of the world on a car like that (if that is the V8 LS version anyway.)

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

JP Money posted:

The gold one with the Camry on it? That's a Ford Falcon.

e: none of those cars is a VZ. The cop car is a current model VE Series 2 Commodore, a base model one, most likely with a DI 3ltr V6/6spd auto, possibly with the optional DI 3.6 (not sure what the VE2 cop cars use).

2ndclasscitizen fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Oct 12, 2012

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

2ndclasscitizen posted:

The gold one with the Camry on it? That's a Ford Falcon.

Is it? I suck at Australian cars.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

nm posted:

Is it? I suck at Australian cars.

The Falcon is Ford's competitor to the Commodore.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

2ndclasscitizen posted:

The Falcon is Ford's competitor to the Commodore.

Yes, I know. I don't suck that much.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Ok so just a V6 family car? I just noticed the Toyota has a hitch mount too. Is this super common in Australia?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
My understanding is that in not-North America, utility hauling is done with car and trailer, rather than wastefully operating a pickup/ute/van that only meets its potential once or twice a year.

E: Private individuals, not commercial enterprises.

Dagen H fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 12, 2012

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

JP Money posted:

Ok so just a V6 family car? I just noticed the Toyota has a hitch mount too. Is this super common in Australia?

I6, but essentially yes.

Bucephalus posted:

My understanding is that in not-North America, utility hauling is done with car and trailer, rather than wastefully operating a pickup/ute/van that only meets its potential once or twice a year.

E: Private individuals, not commercial enterprises.

Correct.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Bucephalus posted:

On the other hand people solo commute to work in big rear end station wagons, because once a year they need to haul their family and everything they own on the state-mandated camping trip that contributes to a third of all the divorces in this country.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Collateral Damage posted:

On the other hand people solo commute to work in big rear end station wagons, because once a year they need to haul their family and everything they own on the state-mandated camping trip that contributes to a third of all the divorces in this country.
If said station wagons got significantly worse economy than the cars they were based on, you'd have a point.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I see cars with hitches all the time in the States. :shrug:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Godholio posted:

I see cars with hitches all the time in the States. :shrug:

I sure don't in the D.C. area, but I'm curious about Australia. When I do see cars with hitches they're often aftermarket ones installed below the rear bumper, but I notice that Falcon has it tastefully done below the bumper but above the rear body kit. If they're so common there, do pretty much all dealers just have them as factory options or is it usually after market hitches?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

davebo posted:

I sure don't in the D.C. area, but I'm curious about Australia. When I do see cars with hitches they're often aftermarket ones installed below the rear bumper, but I notice that Falcon has it tastefully done below the bumper but above the rear body kit. If they're so common there, do pretty much all dealers just have them as factory options or is it usually after market hitches?
drat near everything I saw in Australia had a hitch on it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Wrar posted:

drat near everything I saw in Australia had a hitch on it.

All over Europe too. For some reason the same car I drive is rated to pull 2500 pounds in Europe. Here I think it's rated for 1000. It's because people in the US are loving retarded and would have no issues trying to pull something twice the actual rating, kill the transmission then try to go get it warrantied.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

All over Europe too. For some reason the same car I drive is rated to pull 2500 pounds in Europe. Here I think it's rated for 1000. It's because people in the US are loving retarded and would have no issues trying to pull something twice the actual rating, kill the transmission then try to go get it warrantied.
Note that many European cars have subtle differences that allow greater towing. For example, in B5 Passats, the V6 passats came with bigger front brakes in Europe.

I also suspect a factor is the lack of serious inspection like TUV or MOT. No company wants to be liable (well, at least be sued) when rust eats the crap out of a unibody and someone tows the limit.

edit: typo

nm fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

nm posted:

Note that many European cars have subtle differences that allow greater towing. For example, in B5 Passats, the V6 passats came with bigger front brakes in the US.

I also suspect a factor is the lack of serious inspection like TUV or MOT. No company wants to be liable (well, at least be sued) when rust eats the crap out of a unibody and someone tows the limit.

Not only that, but speed is a massive factor in towing, and most European countries limit cars towing trailers to FIFTY miles per hour. it's scary enough seeing inexperienced drivers try to hold on to hold onto small pickups towing trailers at 65mph, let alone a loving passat.

I don't care what the European tow rating is, or what people think the tow ratings should be, i don't want to see a god drat focus flying down the highway at 85mph towing this, which is within the European focus's towing capacity.