Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

ChickenHeart posted:

I've seen this image countless times but whenever it comes up I look at Batman wielding a tommygun and crack up laughing no matter what.

Did Superman have the eye beams established yet at that era, or was he still just the flying muscleman with random new powers every week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Marvel Universe vs. Avengers #1 has a pretty funny and very obscure art error in there.

Can anyone spot what's wrong? Hint: it has to do with the Academy.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Well maybe it's not a mistake and Marvel Nemesis is just his favourite game :v: .

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

That's, wow. I'm not even sure that's an error.

Hazmat from Academy is replaced by Hazmat from Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects. I guess the artist must've just googled the name or something

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Man, I knew it had to be Hazmat-related, but I was just like, looking for her missing her helmet. That's pretty crazy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Waterhaul posted:

Well maybe it's not a mistake and Marvel Nemesis is just his favourite game :v: .

Considering Marvel Nemesis your favorite game sounds like a mistake to me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Talon #0: gently caress Context.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That Hazmat thing is hilarious. Does Marvel even own the rights to those characters? I was wondering who that was.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mister Roboto posted:

Did Superman have the eye beams established yet at that era, or was he still just the flying muscleman with random new powers every week?

Yeah, that was late sixties so the eye beams were pretty firmly established. It was the 40's and 50's that were generally the new power every issue era.

Little Mac posted:

That Hazmat thing is hilarious. Does Marvel even own the rights to those characters? I was wondering who that was.

They do; there was stuff when the game was coming out about how Marvel was going to use these new characters created for the game. Not that anyone familiar with that kind of situation believed them for an instant...

As long as I'm posting, here's Thor to explain politics for you:

Yes, that's real. It's from Giant Sized Howard the Duck #1, IIRC...

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Little Mac posted:

I'm pretty sure all of the game's original characters are owned by EA, which makes it even more ridiculous.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Random Stranger posted:

As long as I'm posting, here's Thor to explain politics for you:

Yes, that's real. It's from Giant Sized Howard the Duck #1, IIRC...

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Superman recalls learning to fly in Action #500:

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

The Boys Vol. 2 presents the deadliest members of the CIA.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Reverse strip poker looks like something tough guys would play in the middle of summer on in the desert during noon.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
God drat I love Frenchie and the Female.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fantastic Four #611 (posting the next few panels after uthor did in the Impressive thread)

:doom: No one kisses Doom! (My niece, I shall allow an exception for.)

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 13, 2012

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Posted without context:

Ultimate Spider-Man Infinite (free on comiXology...)

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Gavok posted:

Marvel Universe vs. Avengers #1 has a pretty funny and very obscure art error in there.

Can anyone spot what's wrong? Hint: it has to do with the Academy.

At least it's something unexpected; I swear, it seems like this is the fourth time I've seen Spider-Man webbing the entirety of Manhattan and Punisher capping Captain America.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Fantastic Four #611 (posting the next few panels after uthor did in the Impressive thread)

:doom: No one kisses Doom! (My niece, I shall allow an exception for.)

I just need to say that I love the relationship between Doom and Valeria.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Matlock posted:

At least it's something unexpected; I swear, it seems like this is the fourth time I've seen Spider-Man webbing the entirety of Manhattan and Punisher capping Captain America.

You know, it's weird, I keep expecting to get tired of it, but I really like them going back to this universe over and over. Seeing the same thing from different angles is just kinda fun, I guess.

It's a Marvel apocalypse story that didn't completely wear out its premise in half an issue *cough* Marvel Zombies *cough*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TwoPair posted:

You know, it's weird, I keep expecting to get tired of it, but I really like them going back to this universe over and over. Seeing the same thing from different angles is just kinda fun, I guess.

It's a Marvel apocalypse story that didn't completely wear out its premise in half an issue *cough* Marvel Zombies *cough*

Marvel Zombies definitely came out the gate stumbling, but a lot of good comics were made before it became completely stale. Army of Darkness vs Marvel Zombies alone justifies everything that came before.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Marvel Zombies definitely came out the gate stumbling, but a lot of good comics were made before it became completely stale. Army of Darkness vs Marvel Zombies alone justifies everything that came before.

Marvel Zombies 3 was pretty rad too.

(from the last issue of the series)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TwoPair posted:

It did not seem that bad in Ultimate Fantastic Four. The problem was when it started making GBS threads out miniseries after miniseries.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This is from Mike Norton's webcomic Battle Pug.
http://battlepug.com/2011/02/01/the-battlepug-is-nigh/

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Y: The Last Man (TPB 1)

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, that was late sixties so the eye beams were pretty firmly established. It was the 40's and 50's that were generally the new power every issue era.

Huh, that makes that Superman Is A Jerk even more strange than usual since he could literally kill them with a glance instead of, you know, shooting them.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I posted:

This is from Mike Norton's webcomic Battle Pug.
http://battlepug.com/2011/02/01/the-battlepug-is-nigh/

See ya, going to go read this thing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Marvel Universe: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes #7

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

TwoPair posted:

Marvel Universe: Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes #7

Holy poo poo, Micronauts! I recognized Bug right away. I keep being surprised by how characters from the 1970s keep popping up, especially something so obscure.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dick Trauma posted:

Holy poo poo, Micronauts! I recognized Bug right away. I keep being surprised by how characters from the 1970s keep popping up, especially something so obscure.

Go read Minimum Carnage :ssh:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

IUG posted:

See ya, going to go read this thing.

Holy poo poo, this is great!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Action Comics #533

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hey, I know a lot of you guys don't read the Comic Strip Megathread, so I decided to repost yesterday's Newspaper Spider-Man here.

The fact that JJJ is willing to jump up and enact a skit just to burn Parker is hilarious.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I like how the old comic is still refusing to keep up with the times and keeping JJJ as a crusty old newspaper editor behind an old desk.

Other Spiderman comics have updated him to a a logical modern version of him as an angry public multiMedia Mogul, like Rupert Murdoch, which is a brilliant update.

But this version, yep, Stan Lee's not changing, no sir.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mister Roboto posted:

I like how the old comic is still refusing to keep up with the times and keeping JJJ as a crusty old newspaper editor behind an old desk.

Other Spiderman comics have updated him to a a logical modern version of him as an angry public multiMedia Mogul, like Rupert Murdoch, which is a brilliant update.

People who read newspapers (where that strip is printed) probably have no problem with JJJ's job situation.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

TwoPair posted:

Hey, I know a lot of you guys don't read the Comic Strip Megathread, so I decided to repost yesterday's Newspaper Spider-Man here.

The fact that JJJ is willing to jump up and enact a skit just to burn Parker is hilarious.

It's hard to believe that Pete doesn't constantly prank that jerk. I know some of you might say "But Lobok, we've seen him web JJJ's chair several times!" but no, I'm talking like, you have Amazing Spider-Man and Spectacular Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man and then you have a separate comic entirely called Spider-Man vs. JJJ where they're just loving with one another.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mister Roboto posted:

Updating Jonah Jameson pretty much ruins the point of Jonah Jameson. He was an old-fashioned throwback even in the 60s.

E: Plus why on earth should a newspaper comic be expected to keep with the times in any way? They're still printing Dick Tracy for god's sake.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Lurdiak posted:

E: Plus why on earth should a newspaper comic be expected to keep with the times in any way? They're still printing Dick Tracy for god's sake.

hey now, Dick Tracy recently got taken over by a new team and is now great. If you want to complain, talk about Blondie or Nancy or For Better or for Worst or 99% of the insipid "dog comics" out there

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lurdiak posted:

Dick Tracy has had video-calling cell phones and moon colonies for over 50 years so the times are yet to catch up to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Dick Tracy has had video-calling cell phones and moon colonies for over 50 years so the times are yet to catch up to it.

Video-calling wristwatches, I think you'll find.

• Locked thread