Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

User 77063 posted:

I hear Archer's voice reading this. Especially in the last frame.

"Jesus, Pym, you still tapin' bum fights?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Waterhaul posted:

Marvel Point One features an unlikely cameo.

Buckethead?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That better be Forbush man.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

smashpro1 posted:

Buckethead?

Nova.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Waterhaul posted:

More funny panels, less rasslin'.

Can't we have both?

WWF Battlemania #1 from 1991. More on it here.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I get it now. Everyone was looking at the wrong person for the cameo.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
Superman cameos don't count, he's practically everywhere in comics.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

DETECTIVE COMICS #634

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Look out Miss Marple, Bats is coming for you next!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Haha. That's great. In a decade that pitted the Avengers against villains like Ultron, Graviton, Count Nefaria and Korvac, Egghead sticks out like a sore thumb. He's like the Avengers version of Salem's Seven.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Gavok posted:

Marvel Universe vs. Avengers #1 has a pretty funny and very obscure art error in there.

Can anyone spot what's wrong? Hint: it has to do with the Academy.

As a follow-up, I got this done when at NYCC.

"I said 'Hazmat', not 'Hazmat', dammit!" – Jonathan Maberry

"Wait! That's my character!" – Greg Pak

And it turns out that, yes, Marvel does own the rights to the Imperfects. So there's no reason we shouldn't be seeing Johnny Ohm in the Thunderbolts.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
That's cute!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Gavok posted:

As a follow-up, I got this done when at NYCC.

"I said 'Hazmat', not 'Hazmat', dammit!" – Jonathan Maberry

"Wait! That's my character!" – Greg Pak

And it turns out that, yes, Marvel does own the rights to the Imperfects. So there's no reason we shouldn't be seeing Johnny Ohm in the Thunderbolts.

Haha that's brilliant. It always makes me happy when they can have a laugh about things like this.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Metal Loaf posted:

Haha. That's great. In a decade that pitted the Avengers against villains like Ultron, Graviton, Count Nefaria and Korvac, Egghead sticks out like a sore thumb. He's like the Avengers version of Salem's Seven.

Yet he did more to hurt them then most as he killed Hawkeyes brother and Hawkeye killed him.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
True enough. Does this mean he's like the villainous equivalent to Squirrel Girl?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I've been going through Journey Into Mystery for the first time and #630 is one of the funniest things I've read all year.

Oh no, he's my favorite.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 19, 2012

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

Yet he did more to hurt them then most as he killed Hawkeyes brother and Hawkeye killed him.

Isn't that the brother that's in Dark Avengers now? I'm pretty sure he got better.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Magic Love Hose posted:

Superman cameos don't count, he's practically everywhere in comics.

Guy's racked up enough unofficial appearances to have his own (pretty lengthy) entry here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Unfit For Space posted:

Isn't that the brother that's in Dark Avengers now? I'm pretty sure he got better.

Took him 30 years and a lovely mini-series, though.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Avengers 111

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Well that's kind of a little creepy, innit?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Father of the year.

Seriously, no wonder she's got so many issues.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Matlock posted:

Avengers 111

And the creepy relationship in the Ultimates begins to make sense...

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Magneto's relationship with Polaris was creepier, mainly due to Polaris going nuts.
I don't know the issue numbers for these.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think it happened after I stopped actively reading, but they decided to make Polaris Magneto's daughter after decades of quite deliberately showing that she was NOT in any way his daughter (including having blood/DNA tests done), right?

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

I posted:

Magneto's relationship with Polaris was creepier, mainly due to Polaris going nuts.
I don't know the issue numbers for these.

The first is #132 of Morrison's New X-Men and I want to say the second is from one of those dumb Chuck Austen comics.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That New X-Men one was pretty sad. It came out on the year anniversary of 9/11, so the X-Men visit Genosha that got destroyed the year before. Polaris was going crazy because she was like a receiver for everyone's last thoughts before they died.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Sockser posted:

Isn't that like 10 years before anyone decided that they were related?

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Sockser posted:

It doesn't make it any less weird to look at now., but they did not establish that Wanda and Pietro were Magneto's children until several years later. So at the time that comic produced, it was just Magneto punishing a runaway member of his Brotherhood, not his daughter.

Which is still creepy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I think it happened after I stopped actively reading, but they decided to make Polaris Magneto's daughter after decades of quite deliberately showing that she was NOT in any way his daughter (including having blood/DNA tests done), right?
Yep. It was some Austen bullshit.

Edge & Christian posted:

It doesn't make it any less weird to look at now., but they did not establish that Wanda and Pietro were Magneto's children until several years later. So at the time that comic produced, it was just Magneto punishing a runaway member of his Brotherhood, not his daughter.

Which is still creepy.
Yeah, it's pretty weird and creepy, but even after the revelation, they made it clear that neither of them had known their relation prior to that.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Luke and Leia, guys, Luke and Leia.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

"MAGNETO RULES MINDS!"

I think I've read that one. Unless I'm much mistaken, Magneto was controlling their minds by using his magnetic powers to control the iron in their blood and regulate the circulation in their brains.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Metal Loaf posted:

"MAGNETO RULES MINDS!"

I think I've read that one. Unless I'm much mistaken, Magneto was controlling their minds by using his magnetic powers to control the iron in their blood and regulate the circulation in their brains.

Didn't Magneto used to have straight-up psychic powers back in the early days of X-men comics?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

LightsGameraAction posted:

Didn't Magneto used to have straight-up psychic powers back in the early days of X-men comics?
He used his "Animal Magentism" at one point.

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
In the earliest Stan Lee comic (pre-FF #1) to mention the idea of a community of mutants, they were all telepaths, and I think that sticks a little bit into the Silver Age. Magneto definitely could just control minds at first, and then they tied it into his magnetism powers later, and eventually just sort of stopped using it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Stagger_Lee posted:

In the earliest Stan Lee comic (pre-FF #1) to mention the idea of a community of mutants, they were all telepaths, and I think that sticks a little bit into the Silver Age. Magneto definitely could just control minds at first, and then they tied it into his magnetism powers later, and eventually just sort of stopped using it.

I remember in the 90's he used his magnetism powers to cure Boom Boom's brain damage.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

He has also been known to use his magnetic powers to move around a chunk of ice.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I remember in the 90's he used his magnetism powers to cure Boom Boom's brain damage.
That was Rusty and Skids, actually.

(Unless there was also a bit with Boom Boom that I missed.)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

If this happened before Nextwave, it clearly didn't work.

From #4. Nextwave is never not appropriate in this thread.

Senior Woodchuck fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Zereth posted:

He has also been known to use his magnetic powers to move around a chunk of ice.

More possible than you might think. A frog being levitated with magnetism. Diamagnetism!:science:

• Locked thread