Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Personally, I'm waiting for DieselProsIIe, or at least DieselProsIIc+.

E: At least they have 3xl shirts. Goontacular!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
Of course it has Texas plates.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Saw this on my way out of the Aurora courthouse.

There was a car on either side of it so I couldn't really get a good side shot. It had polo emblems all over it too.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Godholio posted:

Flashbacks to Idiocracy's Rehabilitation scene (which is somehow not on youtube).

I could totally see those guys naming that truck "rear end BLASTER"

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007

I was torn at which thread to put it in, but it was a Cavalier convertible so I put it here.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

veedubfreak posted:

More like TinyWienersLLC.

I seriously though it said "DieselPhalluses.com" for a brief moment.

Drunken Lullabies posted:

Of course it has Texas plates.

For Texas, that's about as low key as a stock Ford Courier.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

kastein posted:

e: I really wonder what's going on with the insulation on that wall, too. Holy poo poo.

I like to think they keep parking trucks with semi stacks too close to the wall, leave them running and never learn their lesson.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
All I can say is :barf:

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Whats the point of jacking up a truck by 4 feet if you loose 1.5 of them to god drat exhaust tip clearance?

Captain McAllister
May 24, 2001

mutt2jeff posted:

I dunno, if it weren't for the goofy rims, I think I'd kind of like that...

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

It's like a PT Cruiser and some kind of 2 seater smoked a shitload of crack and made a lovechild that was addicted to crack when it was born.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

mutt2jeff posted:

As a Swedish driver 90% of my thoughts on that car are related to road grime.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

mutt2jeff posted:

You've seen the car three times on this page.

It reminds me of a Bristol for some reason. And I kinda like it, though I'd prefer higher profile tyres and different rims, possibly with body colour centre caps. If it weren't matt that would probably help.

e: remove quoted images for page flow.

IPCRESS fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Oct 24, 2012

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
I thought it was some lovely custom, but they are actually pretty cool. They are hybrids with decent performance.

http://www.imperia-auto.be/en/performances.php

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

rear end in a top hat Bicycle posted:

I thought it was some lovely custom, but they are actually pretty cool. They are hybrids with decent performance.

http://www.imperia-auto.be/en/performances.php

It's not completely hideous, but there's definitely something inelegant about it. Nearly everything looks just a little bit off.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Ferremit posted:

Whats the point of jacking up a truck by 4 feet if you loose 1.5 of them to god drat exhaust tip clearance?

Pure penile compensation. There is no reason to jack a truck up 4 feet, unless it is getting a full custom frame, much wider axles, and turning into a monster truck, and even that is out because that isn't really how they build a good monster truck now.

The exhaust tip only hammers the point home that this kind of truck is not about performance, just being bigger/more extreme than the other mouthbreather.

They are terrible and that's coming from someone who likes lifted trucks :colbert:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Measly Twerp posted:

It's not completely hideous, but there's definitely something inelegant about it. Nearly everything looks just a little bit off.

There are seams missing where there should be seams, and the proportions are terrible. It looks like something made on Cake Boss.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

GutBomb posted:

How is it any more dangerous or distracting than having a conversation with someone in the car? Dialing and texting I can see, but how is talking to a disembodied voice over your car speakers any more distracting than a passenger?

Not questioning you. Questioning the result of the study.

I was listening to a podcast (while driving :haw:) a while ago and they mentioned a study that it had to do with with quality of the voice. A person sitting next to you is (comparatively) loud and clear. A conversation through a cell is compressed/low sample rate and hence you have to "think" that much more to understand what is being said. Sorry, can't find the cite but I think it was on a Skeptics Guide to the Universe podcast.

FWIW

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

On my way home today, I was treated to a double dip!

Hope you can make out the spoiler.

Then, I got this parked on main street!

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
I will never understand people who put rims and custom paint on trucks.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

DrPain posted:

I will never understand people who put rims and custom paint on trucks.

:texas:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Guys I really like the Imperia what is wrong with me

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

I really want to put a watermelon or pumpkin in that tail pipe

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I kinda want to take it and use it as a really classy garage trash barrel :haw:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
The other thing I've been wondering - does some company actually mass-produce a ~24" exhaust tip or is that some absurdly expensive one-off part?

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
I wonder if the truck will ever actually see real dirt.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Guys, stop being mean. They look so happy at their hard work. :(

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Happy like a pig in poo poo.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Geoj posted:

The other thing I've been wondering - does some company actually mass-produce a ~24" exhaust tip or is that some absurdly expensive one-off part?
Would it really be that hard to bend some sheet metal into a tube, weld it, and then polish it?

Maybe it's reused from some other application too.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Root Bear posted:

:laffo: Really?

I hope to see another video like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCfgx_krIo0

Edit: Just skip to :34, trust me.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 25, 2012

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Anyone want to take odds on this truck having a "smoke tune"? My guess is somewhere between 100% and 100%.

Also, I too don't hate the Imperia :ohdear:

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Root Bear posted:

As was posted by Godholio, trucks like that are not usable offroad. Like, at all. I imagine there are some pucker moments when navigating speed bumps.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Black88GTA posted:

Anyone want to take odds on this truck having a "smoke tune"? My guess is somewhere between 100% and 100%.

THe exhaust is too big for a smoke tune to be impressive. You need a fuel injector with ATF coming out of it pointed at a glow plug at the head of that "exhaust tip".

This is a joke. And if it ever becomes a thing I'm really, really sorry for suggesting it.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

:west virginia:

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Would it really be that hard to bend some sheet metal into a tube, weld it, and then polish it and sell it at an outrageous 1500% markup to idiots who put 4' lift kits on their trucks.

Fixed. Just because its simple doesn't mean it can't be an outrageously priced one-off custom part.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

gileadexile posted:

:oklahoma:

but they put rims on everything here. Wish I got the picture of the F350 King Ranch dully with chrome rims, spike lug nuts, aftermarket decals, and hauling a tandem axle trailer with construction tools and a skid-steer (I was almost more surprised at the lack of rims on the skid steer).

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Gorilla Salad posted:

Perhaps with highly trained crew of Young People (and a talking chimpanzee)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63_lcQUdxxE

Nailed it!

Would also have accepted Genesis II or Logan's Run the series...

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

gileadexile posted:

:alberta:

Example:

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-Custom-W0QQAdIdZ425385800

10 years old with 200K on the clock, but puts on new paint, leather interior and rims.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

YF19pilot posted:

:oklahoma:

but they put rims on everything here. Wish I got the picture of the F350 King Ranch dully with chrome rims, spike lug nuts, aftermarket decals, and hauling a tandem axle trailer with construction tools and a skid-steer (I was almost more surprised at the lack of rims on the skid steer).

I'm more surprised at a Super Duty carrying a load of any kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Steve French posted:

I really want to put a watermelon or pumpkin in that tail pipe

You'd have to go bigger -- look at that loving thing. I can't even think of a spherical object that would stuff it.

I'm strangely OK with this freak of a truck. My #1 gripe about trucks is, I usually can't see past them at all. The suspension is set up in such a way that I can actually see through it.

I'm also OK with the exhaust pointing directly down into my driver's side window, should I pass him on his right. Not a chance in hell there's any back pressure, so I wouldn't be the least bit worried.

Gonna go ahead and throw the "wrong thread" card at this point.

enojy fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 25, 2012