Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Donkwich posted:

Yes, this is how population density works, meaning you are free to make any lovely meaningless correlation you want. :rolleye:

:thejoke:

http://www.modernprimate.com/mapping-a-very-widespread-problem-boy-scouts-of-america-sexual-abuse-allegations-vs-mcdonalds-locations/

---

So bummed Obama didn't show up last night with this in hand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MailboxFullOfBombs
Nov 1, 2010

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

On a scale of France to Pakistan, who would you vote for?

cyberbully
Feb 10, 2003

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Augster posted:

"Less" means "none" now apparently

:goonsay: Actually, no, they don't. Bayonet training is used to instill aggression in recruits in boot camp. The last bayonet charge seen by any infantry of the United States military was during the Korean War. Bayonet knives issued to infantrymen are more likely to see use in a utility capacity than they are as an offensive weapon.

"Sorry I made your pep pep look like a dumb bitch."

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Dumbasses on Facebook don't understand the difference between "are still issued" and "still use", go figure. When we did convoy training in Kuwait, the former SF/Delta people that ran the training (a Blackwater-like outfit named MPRI) mercilessly mocked whoever had a big giant bayonet in a sheath on their body armor. Turns out they were right- the only thing you ever used a knife for was to cut MREs.

Rock or something:

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Alhazred posted:

How recent is this? I was in Denmark a couple of years back and I bought negerboller. And the thing that shocked me wasn't the name but the fact that it was stuck in an ice cream:

That's some decadent poo poo right there Denmark.

Well, usage may continue in the some bumfuck places, but I would never use the term, nor would most people I know.

Oh, if that frightens you you've only scratched the top of Danish sweets addiction!

Denmark.jpg :denmark:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Cahal posted:

I can't tell if you're trolling or not?

Assuming you aren't: beating up on libertarians is great, but if you're going to post twatty demotivationals that look like they were made by 15 year olds and perpetuate childish name calling, you'll get called out on it.

So the original complaint was about the libertarian pictures using anti-women language, and you fire back against the libertarian basher's defense by using the word "twatty"? Think this through

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I play my Poe's Law card on that one. Guess I should've GIS'd the picture, anyway I'm relieved it's a parody. :unsmith:

Donkwich fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 23, 2012

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Cahal posted:

I can't tell if you're trolling or not?

Assuming you aren't: beating up on libertarians is great, but if you're going to post twatty demotivationals that look like they were made by 15 year olds and perpetuate childish name calling, you'll get called out on it.

Here is a hint: I'm not trolling, and libertarians are racists, sperglords, and weed fiends.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Weed Fiends own.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Alhazred posted:

Darkie is now Darlie :dealwithit:

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

twoday posted:

Darkie is now Darlie :dealwithit:

The Chinese name is still Hei Ren Ya Gao, though, which translates to "Black Man toothpaste."

EDIT:

The Cambodian Royal Palace mourning the death of King Norodom Sihanouk.

Eric Cantonese fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 23, 2012

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Russia without Putin? Apocalypse tomorrow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9-5NBaAEsI

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

:911: My high school :patriot:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Alhazred posted:

How recent is this? I was in Denmark a couple of years back and I bought negerboller. And the thing that shocked me wasn't the name but the fact that it was stuck in an ice cream:

Say hello to Golliwoggs

Racist right wing types who read the daily mail whine about not being allowed to love them all the time by the LOONY LEFT.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Golliwog is at the end of one of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen comic books.

I was wondering who the gently caress this was, thanks DnD pictures thread.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I dunno, they certainly don't have the best track record in that regard...

I'm in the middle of Chiver's The Gun and it makes the bayonet comebacks all the more hilarious:

C. J. Chivers posted:

Colonel Louis A. La Garde, of the United States Army Medical Corps, later reviewed casualty data from the [Russo-Japanese War] and noticed something that should have been readily observable by any attaché on hand: the military futility of a bayonet charge. Of 170,600 Russian soldiers documented as wounded or killed, bayonet wounds accounted for 0.4 percent. More wounds, Colonel La Garde found, were caused by stones.

C. J. Chivers posted:

But the available statistics, for all of their flaws, virtually roared on one point: Bayonets were unquestionably ineffective in what war had become. One military critic wrote in February 1916 that data collected from a French army corps that had been in heavy action found that bayonets caused 0.5 percent of casualties, while shells, grenades, trench explosions, shrapnel, and bullets accounted for a combined 92.5 percent (7 percent of the injuries were of undetermined cause). That even one-half of one percent of the casualties were caused by bayonets was a testimony less to their martial utility than to the fact that both sides insisted on fighting with them.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Good to see she's still pretty secure in her position as Worst Woman in America™

Unlearning
May 7, 2011

Miltank posted:

Here is a hint: I'm not trolling, and libertarians are racists, sperglords, and weed fiends.

Perhaps, but what's to be gained from trying to virgin shame them?

Fried Chicken posted:

So the original complaint was about the libertarian pictures using anti-women language, and you fire back against the libertarian basher's defense by using the word "twatty"? Think this through

Having a go at another ideology by labelling them as virgins is simply pathetic. I'm not going to sit here and play holier than thou with you - regardless of my mindless use of the word 'twat,' the image was stupid.

Honestly I would have expected better from this forum. I have no idea why any of you are trying to defend it.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Oh my loving lord, this cartoon.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Found this hitting the random button on imgur. It's sorta hackneyed / hamfisted, I guess, but that doesn't really diminish the power of these sorts of dichotomies being out in the open.

Oh, and, of course the top rated comment was "So everyone who is mad about this photo helps every homeless person they see, right?"

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Fluoride Jones posted:

Good to see she's still pretty secure in her position as Worst Woman in America™

quote:

Ann Coulter Calls Obama ‘The Retard’

As is her custom, provocative conservative commentator Ann Coulter was decidedly politically incorrect in her assessment of the final presidential debate last night. Ms. Coulter took to Twitter where she used a derogatory term to describe President Barack Obama.

“I highly approve of Romney’s decision to be kind and gentle to the retard,” Ms. Coulter wrote.

Her comment comes less than two weeks after Dan Niblock, the father of a young boy with Down syndrome, published an essay on the website of NBC’s Today taking Ms. Coulter to task for using the same term in another tweet. It’s apparently a habit of Ms. Coulter’s.

“I want Ann Coulter to apologize for using a form of hate speech that is particularly searing to people who have special needs. This isn’t the first time she has tweeted the word “retarded” to insult her rivals, and she needs to stop. Her behavior is not acceptable,” Mr. Niblock wrote.

These complaints clearly haven’t had much effect on Ms. Coulter, who has been unapologetic of her past politically incorrect remarks. Still, we reached out to Ms. Coulter to see if she had any regrets about her post-debate tweet. As of this writing, we have yet to receive a response. We won’t hold our breath.

Update (3:00 a.m.): In an email to Politicker, Ms. Coulter doubled down and made it clear she’s not worried about upsetting anyone with her choice of words.

“The only people who will be offended are too retarded to understand it,” she wrote.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

A person's a person, no matter how :stonk:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cahal posted:

Having a go at another ideology by labelling them as virgins is simply pathetic. I'm not going to sit here and play holier than thou with you - regardless of my mindless use of the word 'twat,' the image was stupid.

Honestly I would have expected better from this forum. I have no idea why any of you are trying to defend it.

Did you seriously just post an XKCD comic?

NWS

But yeah, gently caress you buddy.

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFHEZbZw3rs&t=4m20s

Actual content:

Oops.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
A guy I served under in Afghanistan, now retired, who I still respect a great deal due to our professional interactions(he was a good boss), told me he supports drone strikes and summary execution of American citizens.

Not pictured: enemy combatants

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Highspeeddub posted:

On a scale of France to Pakistan, who would you vote for?

Okay so I get that Pakistanis are probably pretty justifiably pissed at Obama for violating their sovreignty all the time but what on earth makes any of them think Romney wouldn't be as bad or worse? :psyduck:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Thewittyname
May 9, 2010

It's time to...
PRESS! YOUR! LUCK!

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

gently caress the confederate flag.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9a685jzCg&t=20s

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Cahal posted:

We are all super sorry that you are a spergy virgin.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:
:nws: An illustrated history of man :nws:

I have no idea why I'm bothering with NWS tags when there's a picture of dead bodies just above me but whatever, WATCH OUT FOR TITTIES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Miltank posted:

We are all super sorry that you are a spergy virgin.

[xkcd post]

get out/banned/out

"Romney campaign blimp crash-lands in Florida"

• Locked thread