Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It's always in response to people harassing him, so I don't see it as a problem.

And it's not like he only responds to religious harassment this way.

And here I thought it wasn't possible for me to like CM Punk any more than I already do. :c00lbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
And we're in with a bit too much information from Wade Barrett.

Wade Barrett posted:

Having a great time in Egypt. Yesterday, the Pyramids.Today, hitting the beach like a greased-up cougar from the planet Big-Bollocks.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

I gotta tell ya I never thought I would see the day where a professional wrestler would disparage "The Dirtsheets".
Meltzer should be a dick and out Punk if he was the guy who wanted to do an interview in January before the office shut him down.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Meltzer should be a dick and out Punk if he was the guy who wanted to do an interview in January before the office shut him down.

For... doing what every wrestler before him has done and talk crap about "dirtsheets."

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

No WWE wrestler does anything for Observer though.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

It'd only mean losing access to any sources he might have in any promotion (aside from any that he may or may not have in WWE), because they'll all wonder if he might name their names or betray their confidence next. But at least he'd put that darn CM Punk in his place! :v:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Bashing the dirtsheets is usually what people do to try to cover up the fact they have sent stuff to the dirtsheets.

Vince, Eric and Paul loved contributing to the dirt sheets. It was free propaganda.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1As4UVCkkKk

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Plus wasn't Punk ripping on dirt sheets when he was all, "yeah the angle of me walking out with the belt was hot, but I returned a week later in story line because the best is yet to come :smug:" then the angle turned to poo poo?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

maniacripper posted:

Plus wasn't Punk ripping on dirt sheets when he was all, "yeah the angle of me walking out with the belt was hot, but I returned a week later in story line because the best is yet to come :smug:" then the angle turned to poo poo?
He was ripping on everyone for that.

It is pretty amusing how his documentary ends before the horrible SummerSlam finish and NashTriple H feud.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

He was ripping on everyone for that.

It is pretty amusing how his documentary ends before the horrible SummerSlam finish and NashTriple H feud.

It's basically, "Punk came back and is now a locker room leader!"

They might as well said Punk retired that night and became WWE staff.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's pretty much his job to hype what he's doing. While I, and every sane person, would agree that the Kevin Nash/Triple H involvement in his push was stupid, he be a loving moron to say "I agree, you shouldn't buy this PPV because the angles are hot dogshit"

ACS
Apr 30, 2009

Writer Cath posted:

Nah, he's just a Rik Mayall fan.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

@BretHart posted:

Sorry 4 lack of updates, tweets, etc. WWE DVD crew coming here this week to shoot. Think this DVD will turn out great

Another Bret DVD? Is that particular teat not dry now?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Maybe it's an Owen DVD?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bret's had like 1.5 dvds about him. His career could easily have another 3-disc set about him. When Cena's had 2, HBk's had like 5, Rey's had at least 2, Austin's got like 5, Flair's around 4 or so, there's room for Bret Hart.

Includes matches such as:
US Title win over Miz
WM match with Vince McMahon
SummerSlam match against Nexus

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DannoMack posted:

Maybe it's an Owen DVD?

Martha Hart still has a pending lawsuit against WWE regarding non-payment of royalties for the use of his likeness (and she's also arguing that they don't have the right to use his legal name for promotional purposes), there's no way we're seeing an Owen DVD anytime soon.

The Imposter
Nov 2, 2004
I think the new Bret dvd is going to be an unreleased matches set that I saw announced on the WWEDVDNews site.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

The Imposter posted:

I think the new Bret dvd is going to be an unreleased matches set that I saw announced on the WWEDVDNews site.

Maybe we'll finally have the Tom Magee match.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

:staredog:

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

Writer Cath posted:

If I didn't like Wade Barrett enough already, that's a quote from Bottom, the quintessential British toilet humour TV show.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Unknownone posted:

If I didn't like Wade Barrett enough already, that's a quote from Bottom, the quintessential British toilet humour TV show.

I believe they call it the 'loo.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

maniacripper posted:

He wasn't bashing them, just saying "wait and see". And we waited and saw, and it sucked. He was just toeing the company line though, he admitted in a later interview that he would have liked to delay the return a bit, but they needed a Summerslam main event, and the timing for a long absence just didn't work out.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I bet everyone who keeps screaming that Hornswoggle is an adult feels silly now!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Atticus Finch posted:

I bet everyone who keeps screaming that Hornswoggle is an adult feels silly now!
"He has a beard!"

incredible bear
Jul 10, 2005

doing the bear maximum

Timby posted:

Martha Hart still has a pending lawsuit against WWE regarding non-payment of royalties for the use of his likeness (and she's also arguing that they don't have the right to use his legal name for promotional purposes), there's no way we're seeing an Owen DVD anytime soon.
So what happens when Owen turns up on other DVDs? Is that the non-payment in question.

Seems weird that Owen wouldn't have got anything from featuring so heavily in the Bret DVD.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

oldpainless posted:

Bret's had like 1.5 dvds about him. His career could easily have another 3-disc set about him. When Cena's had 2, HBk's had like 5, Rey's had at least 2, Austin's got like 5, Flair's around 4 or so, there's room for Bret Hart.

Includes matches such as:
US Title win over Miz
WM match with Vince McMahon
SummerSlam match against Nexus

Have they put his match against 1-2-3 Kid on DVD?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

incredible bear posted:

So what happens when Owen turns up on other DVDs? Is that the non-payment in question.

Seems weird that Owen wouldn't have got anything from featuring so heavily in the Bret DVD.

Martha claims that WWE hasn't been paying royalties for several years for any usage of Owen's likeness. A large chunk of her lawsuit was thrown out back in April, but the judge ruled that there were sufficient grounds to proceed on the claims about non-payment and whether or not WWE has any rights to use his likeness / legal name.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's also assumed by some that Owen would be in the Hall of Fame by now if it wasn't for Martha.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Easy money for a HOF Ceremony. Of course he'd be inducted by now.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Die Laughing posted:

Have they put his match against 1-2-3 Kid on DVD?

I believe it's on the Best of Raw seasons 1 and 2 set.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

@IAmJericho posted:

Watching “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.” All I can say is I should’ve bought the rights to the Strange Kentucky People video in 1994 #ALionsTale

Good tweet.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
I'm half-convinced Strange Kentucky People is an elaborate in-joke at this point and never actually existed.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Suben posted:

I'm half-convinced Strange Kentucky People is an elaborate in-joke at this point and never actually existed.

No word of a lie, I would pay $100 for a copy of it. Supposedly Lance has a copy of the tape and was going to upload it somewhere last year but it never happened.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Critical posted:

No word of a lie, I would pay $100 for a copy of it. Supposedly Lance has a copy of the tape and was going to upload it somewhere last year but it never happened.
Guy must be haunted by images of "wheelbarras".

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I'm convinced that every Canadian wrestler is actually all just in on the joke. I'm pretty sure Edge mentions in his book that Jericho showed him it too.

Then again, if I hadn't seen them myself, I'd have been sure the Thrillseekers videos didn't exist either.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned
Tommy Dreamer gives awkward don'-know-if-its-a-compliments.

Basically he sent me a DM saying hacksaw would love my profile picture. I replied with "hoooooo" and he said he never said that.

Screencaps of him laughing at my fat jokes later, I guess!

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Little Miss RKO posted:

Tommy Dreamer gives awkward don'-know-if-its-a-compliments.

Basically he sent me a DM saying hacksaw would love my profile picture. I replied with "hoooooo" and he said he never said that.

Screencaps of him laughing at my fat jokes later, I guess!

Being that the only thing I can ever think of when Duggan is mentioned nowadays is the Dildo Blender from scum.txt I'd be concerned

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

apsouthern posted:

Being that the only thing I can ever think of when Duggan is mentioned nowadays is the Dildo Blender from scum.txt I'd be concerned
But because he's not following me, it looked like I was talking to myself!

Tommy Dreamer ‏@THETOMMYDREAMER
Changed my profile pic I want to feel positive & super today. What do you think?

Amanda Lawson ‏@kogalgal
@THETOMMYDREAMER makes you look like 5mins younger! Love it

DM Tommy Dreamer ‏@THETOMMYDREAMER
Thanks & Hacksaw Jim Duggan would love your profile pic

‏@kogalgal
@THETOMMYDREAMER HOOOOOOOO my feels have been burned.

13h
I didn't say that. TOUGH GUY

@kogalgal
@thetommydreamer Maybe you didn't, but I'm filing that one away in the 'good burns' folder anyway. One day there will be a context for it!

13h
& not starting a fight that's what hacksaw says

@kogalgal
I wouldn't start a fight with you, you're like a million lbs outside my weight class! ;D @thetommydreamer

13h
Ohhh poo poo she went with a weight joke. Haha

‏@kogalgal
@THETOMMYDREAMER What can I say, Its 8am and I havent slept yet. Went for the low hanging fruit (wasn't there cuz you ate it tho) k I'm done
‏@kogalgal
@thetommydreamer I kid because you can take it like a big boy! :V

13h
That's what she said. Hooooo full circle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
I like that he immediately thought you were calling him a ho for a really long period of time