Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
His suit's inner layer is like the stillsuits from Dune, your poop and pee gets turned into water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Huh, alright then, thanks!

victrix posted:

How does Master Chef poop :confused:

He holds it in?

Actually since he doesn't eat (he absorbs the blood of aliens through his suit) he has no solid waste anyway.

InfinEight fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 25, 2012

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

FishBulb posted:

Its going to be the most popular one and you know it.

I think Fotus armour is only available if you buy the sweet Halo 4 LE console pack, so there won't be many people with it. Also means you will be able to sell it for a shitload on ebay if you do buy the Halo 4 console :haw:

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

What is a 'fotus,' and/or what does 'fotus' even mean? It is an ugly rear end helmet.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I just cancelled my Limited Edition, it's not worth the money at all for me right now.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Donald Kimball posted:

What is a 'fotus,' and/or what does 'fotus' even mean? It is an ugly rear end helmet.

fPresident of the United States.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Donald Kimball posted:

According to the Halo Nation wiki:

quote:

"FOTUS" is the acronym of "Fist Of The UnicornS", named for a squad of crewman on the UNSC Pillar of Autumn, back in 2552.
Now I just have more questions.

edit: apparently it's a reference to a poster on the bulletin board in the Pillar of Autumn level of Halo: CE/Anniversary advertising a band:

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Donald Kimball posted:

Eh could be Fist Of The UnicornS 343 like Unicorns so stuck a unicorn head on a helmet and made a unicorn emblem :shrug:

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Welp, we know what all the bronies will wear.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
This here is a good map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrrzyoAjel0

BabyMauler
Sep 19, 2005
Holy poo poo the over charge drains the plasma pistol super quick now. Concussion Rifle looks toned down physics wise. Did not know that burst jetpack was so directional. Game looks good dude, looking forward to it.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The jetpack boosts reminded me of Vanquish, or like, Armored Core/Virtua On. I really want to try it out.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 26, 2012

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones
Can't wait for the Forge mode in this. Looks basically the same as Reach but a little bit streamlined. Still great opportunities to see and make some crazy poo poo.
Also, I'm definitely getting the feeling that "Regicide" is essentially a reintroduction of Juggernaut. Maybe there's a way to make it team-based, like MVP in Halo 3?

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news
Holy poo poo, that Forerunner rocket launcher. :stare:

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008

You're a good person.

I'm genuinely interested in playing a Halo game again.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

I love the sound of the new DMR. Sounds super beastly.

*Edit

Most of the weapon sounds have been made better imo. Everything sounds more manly.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 26, 2012

-B l a z e i n g-
May 11, 2010
Just beat Halo Anniv on Heroic and I started crying during the credits because I felt like a Young Teen again .

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

NuckmasterJ posted:

I love the sound of the new DMR. Sounds super beastly.

*Edit

Most of the weapon sounds have been made better imo. Everything sounds more manly.

No kidding, the sound design in this game is phenomenal from what I've heard so far. I think my favorite is the turret the guy was firing at around 2:50, that thing sounded powerful.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait what's the point of teabagging if the guy can never see it.

Namaste
May 5, 2007

kater posted:

Maybe everyone will realize this and stop?

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

kater posted:

It wasn't tea bagging, it was celebratory crouching.

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

Namaste posted:

Maybe everyone will realize this and stop?

Hahahahahahaha no.

Just so everyone knows, Halo:CE came out 11 years ago. Maybe some of the playerbase will have changed. Specifically, the people like myself who played Halo 1 2 and 3 but skipped out of ODST/Halo Wars/Reach because they're kind of dumb spin-offs. I bought them all but only played 1 2 3 and a little bit of Reach.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Namaste posted:

Holy poo poo, that Forerunner rocket launcher. :stare:

Yeah, no kidding. Imagine how facing that thing on Legendary is going to be. A pain in the rear end, no doubt. Also, the Needler looks like it's really capable of dishing pain now.

ETURNA fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Oct 26, 2012

The King of Swag
Nov 10, 2005

To escape the closure,
is to become the God of Swag.

CrunchyTaco posted:

Hahahahahahaha no.

Just so everyone knows, Halo:CE came out 11 years ago. Maybe some of the playerbase will have changed. Specifically, the people like myself who played Halo 1 2 and 3 but skipped out of ODST/Halo Wars/Reach because they're kind of dumb spin-offs. I bought them all but only played 1 2 3 and a little bit of Reach.

Your post just made me realize how incredibly out of touch I am. I've always been a huge fan of Bungie and thus followed the development of the Halo franchise from that initial preview at MacWorld '99 to the release of Halo 3. Although much different than the 3rd person shooter I originally wanted, I loved Halo but found 2 and 3 to be lackluster and only completed them out of a misplaced sense of obligation. Then I just sort of stopped paying attention--until now when I finally managed to muster enough curiosity to read a bit about the new Halo 4.

I can say that I haven't really learned anything about Halo 4 (I barely glanced at the OP), but I am flabbergasted to learn that there's actually been other Halo games released since Halo 3. I'm not surprised that they would make them, I'm surprised that they were made and I have never heard about them before. Did they have a limited release or low sales or something?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Reach sold millions, so uh, not really!

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
New Forward Unto Dawn :ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_xn889cSk
As I stayed up insanely late to watch this only a short comment. I think they are massively under playing how tall the chief should be compared to the cadets. Otherwise it was amazing as always.

Belan
May 7, 2007
I'm glad they've done their research. Chief name dropping Kelly-087

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

FoF posted:

New Forward Unto Dawn :ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_xn889cSk
As I stayed up insanely late to watch this only a short comment. I think they are massively under playing how tall the chief should be compared to the cadets. Otherwise it was amazing as always.

If you've seen the BHTS, the suit is already a pain in the arse to move around in. Obviously if they got a bigger deal out of this film from Microsoft/343/whoever then they could produce a much better suit/find a bigger guy/use LoTR-style camera magic to make him much bigger.

Minor spoiler from the beginning of the episode, holy poo poo seeing the nice Colonel lady get Needler'd, go down, then seeing the gloop explode upwards was pretty :stare:

I am so sad there is only one episode left, the part with Chief running along that rooftop with the pistol was so loving badass, left hairs standing up all over me.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Really? Steve Downes was that busy?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The worst enemy of master chef is swampy terrain

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010
Yeah, the one thing I always thought they would do was use a super tall guy in the suit, then have Downes do the lines in a studio. That's my only real complaint.

Belan
May 7, 2007
I thought that's how they are doing it, at least according to IMDB.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Christ that episode was good, really love how the chief can actually express some emotion through the suit - "it's locked!" :sarcasm: -punches through locked grate-

It does really pump me up for halo 4, but it doesn't hold a candle to 3's believe campaign though certainly blows deliver reach out of the water.

On the topic of reach and odst though, I think they're both good games. I was really psyched for reach and I don't think it failed to deliver on the expectation. ODST, I bought about six months after release at a good price, and, for 20 quid, it was a good buy. If id bought it at release I would have been annoyed just because it's a short game. Other than that, it's got a good plot and while te characters are one dimensional, they work and are pretty funny in terms of marine style stereotypes. I enjoyed playing as a weaker character, especially when you do something the chief can pull off - meleeing a brute to death comes to mind, and leaving yourself a crippled shell of a marine. Really, even though the odsts aren't Spartans, they're still pretty badass.

Creepy Goat
Sep 19, 2010

Belan posted:

I thought that's how they are doing it, at least according to IMDB.

Oh, maybe it is then? It sounds different but it could just be the mastering and EQ levels to make it fit in with the rest of the on-scene audio. Now that I go back over it is does sound like Downes, so it could even be the difference between my PC speakers and my TV sound system.

Absolutely love the Elite vocal sounds too.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!
That doesn't sound like Downes to me.

Though it was freaking AMAZING

Really makes me want a real halo movie even more

Namaste
May 5, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

The Master Chief is supposed to be sixteen years old. Did you sound like Steve Downes when you were sixteen years old?

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dan Didio posted:

My thought too, unless he asked for way more than what was in their budget...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The King of Swag posted:

Your post just made me realize how incredibly out of touch I am. I've always been a huge fan of Bungie and thus followed the development of the Halo franchise from that initial preview at MacWorld '99 to the release of Halo 3. Although much different than the 3rd person shooter I originally wanted, I loved Halo but found 2 and 3 to be lackluster and only completed them out of a misplaced sense of obligation. Then I just sort of stopped paying attention--until now when I finally managed to muster enough curiosity to read a bit about the new Halo 4.

I can say that I haven't really learned anything about Halo 4 (I barely glanced at the OP), but I am flabbergasted to learn that there's actually been other Halo games released since Halo 3. I'm not surprised that they would make them, I'm surprised that they were made and I have never heard about them before. Did they have a limited release or low sales or something?

I too was a huge fan of 1, then played 2 and 3 but wasn't the same. I just recently went back and played ODST and Reach, but I didn't before now.

I would say I do feel like ODST was kindof underplayed, they internally intended it to be a small few hour tour offshoot while reach was in the works, but it ended up blowing up into its own game. I feel like the name "Halo ODST" probably wasn't the best for marketing to people who weren't already really into the lore (and familiar with ODST enough to care about that). They should have called it "Halo Trooper" or "Halo Scout" or something like that, I mean those are terrible, but you know what I mean.

I do feel like ODST and Reach both weren't quite as big a deal as 2 and 3 were made to be, but they did have huge marketing campaigns, midnight releases, and sold really well, they're being played still on xbox live, so its not like they were under the radar whatsoever.

Thing is if you're not as into it, you kinda tune some of it out. I've been more of a PC gamer lately, so I missed a lot of 360 exclusive releases. "That came out already?"

Namaste
May 5, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

I feel like the name "Halo ODST" probably wasn't the best for marketing to people who weren't already really into the lore (and familiar with ODST enough to care about that). They should have called it "Halo Trooper" or "Halo Scout" or something like that, I mean those are terrible, but you know what I mean.

They tried. I guess people didn't like it because of the armor set in-game being a meme within the community?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Dan Didio posted:

Steve Downes does do the voice of the Chief, at least according to IMDB.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2262308/
They credit a Daniel Cudmore for the physical role and Downes for the Chief. I thought it sounded like he was doing the voice a bit differently than usual, but could still recognize it as him.

That was a really good episode, too. I had this huge poo poo-eating grin on my face every time Master Chief did basically anything. :haw: The chaotic nature of the fight was really well represented, too, and the special effects a lot better than I thought they'd be. I'm on the edge of my seat for next week, and the Tuesday after that can't come fast enough.

Also, when looking up the voice actor on IMDB, I saw that they credit someone as playing Kelly, and not just providing a voice. I hope this means we get to see two Spartans tearing poo poo up next week.

• Locked thread