Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Niemat posted:

And, finally, MYSTERY GOON who sent my momma a card! You rock!! :buddy: I haven't opened it (since it's not for me, haha), so I can't give proper credit where credit is due yet, but my mom has already been notified she received her first piece of goon mail!! She was surprised, but pleasantly so! :)

I *think* that might be my card? I sent a number of letters out, so hopefully many of you will be getting them soon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
drat, missed Halloween and Thanksgiving (canuck)!

Send some loving my way, I'm living in a bankrupt country with no future :(

vonManstein
Rua Couraça dos Apóstolos, n.º 7 - 3.º Andar
3000-432 Coimbra
Portugal

I still have some Durian leftover from my trip to Thailand.. might send that out.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
So after a big move, a long awaited name change, a new job AND a new love, I am so ready to start sending out goonmail again!

Byron G.
918 12th Street West
Apartment K
Bradenton, Florida 34205

If you send something, I will send something in return! I'm going to print out the list of active goon addresses and start sending out mail all willy-nilly next week as well. :neckbeard:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a card from Tempura Wizard the other day! :neckbeard: We don't have milk bags in California (that's a Canadian thing!) but we do have seasons! I'm in the San Francisco area, which has two distinct seasons: fire and rain. In the summer it gets very dry, and things catch on fire because we have a lot of grasslands. Then, when everyone else has fall and winter, we have rain. The first time I saw rain during the summer, I was visiting relatives out of state and was really confused. I think I told them their sky was broken. :downs:

I have lots more cards to send out, but I'm out of stamps so they'll have to wait a bit.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Arachtion - I got your letter yesterday! Thank you for making me your first piece of goon mail. Living in Michigan the canadian coins are a common sight but I've never seen such new shiny ones. The roman coin is cool. I'm going to have to see if there are any A&W's still around here. I know there used to be.

Thanks again!

PS. Lamb - Is the list going to be updated soon with all the new addresses?

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

JimmydaFish posted:

PS. Lamb - Is the list going to be updated soon with all the new addresses?

Ask and ye shall receive!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I have 6 or 7 cards I can send out so I'm going to throw my name in the pile for a little bit!

Party hat
6-17 Pembroke St.
Toronto, ON
M5A 2N6
Canada

Im a 27 y/o female and i loves me some cats! Yay!

party hat fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 23, 2012

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
I just sent out a bunch of old cards I found at the back of my desk. I think I was supposed to mail them a couple months ago, and I have no idea how I forgot.

They were already sealed, stamped, and addressed, so I don't know what's in them. The messages inside are probably hilariously late... Let's just pretend I did it on purpose. :3:

edit: I've got 'flesh wound' tattoos to send out in my halloween mail this year. Look forward to these, because they are :barf:.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 23, 2012

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Two postcards today! Just when I thought I wasn't going to be getting anymore goonmail I happen to receive two at once! Thanks to kafkasgoldfish and Mizufusion.

It turns out I won't be able to send the cards I have for a little while yet. Can't afford the postage so it'll be on hold for a little while longer for me. But for those who want to send mail I am more than happy to send you a card in return once I can afford to.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Unexpected Road posted:

So after a big move, a long awaited name change, a new job AND a new love, I am so ready to start sending out goonmail again!

Byron G.
918 12th Street West
Apartment K
Bradenton, Florida 34205

If you send something, I will send something in return! I'm going to print out the list of active goon addresses and start sending out mail all willy-nilly next week as well. :neckbeard:

:stare: That's one heck of a different name. You'll have to tell me about it in a letter!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Hey guys...guys...hey you guys...!

mizufusion and Jimmy Da Fish sent me goonmail! See?!

Really made my day today. Thank you both!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

Hey guys...so I don't wanna be the type to ask for mail, but I just lost my job (rather I was demoted from a job I love to one I despise as a call centre agent) and I'm super bummed. been crying and just...overall super sad for 4 days now.

I was wondering if anybody would be willing to send a little bit of goonlove my way via mail? My boyfriend has done a wonderful job of being there for me, but goon mail is always awesome and I'd love things to put up in my house or even my cubicle in order to keep me smiling at work.

I sent out a card + things to you today! Will send more cards and stuff to more goony goons over the next few days.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

party hat posted:

I sent out a card + things to you today! Will send more cards and stuff to more goony goons over the next few days.

Aww Party Hat! I'll keep my eyes on my mail box!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Got a double dose of goonlove in the mail today!

Thank you Mizufusion for the hilarious postcard. The prices for houses here on the island are just as ridiculous, so this is particularly funny to me. Some of the real estate magazines you see around here are just mind boggling.

And a huge thanks to Kafkas Goldfish for the very sweet and zany letter. What the hell, you have a heart stamp? Like... literally a heart? This is friggen awesome. My fiance and I were equally creeped out by it. Thank you! (I am definitely one of those weird people who like hearing about the antics of someone else's pets. Excellent letter!)

:siren: Just noticed you're not on the address list! :siren:

Edit: Team Lunch! I sent you a letter thanking you for that puppy picture you drew me ages ago and just received it back in the mail. There's nothing written on it explaining why it came back or anything... I'm going to repackage it and try again. Hope your address hasn't changed!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 29, 2017

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Thermophonic Joy posted:

And a huge thanks to Kafkas Goldfish for the very sweet and zany letter. What the hell, you have a heart stamp? Like... literally a heart? This is friggen awesome. My fiance and I were equally creeped out by it. Thank you! (I am definitely one of those weird people who like hearing about the antics of someone else's pets. Excellent letter!)

:siren: Just noticed you're not on the address list! :siren:

Hooray! I'm glad you liked it. I realized I jumped the gun and started sending letters before submitting my own address. ::ohdear:: I was a little paranoid about putting it up online...I hope this isn't totally against the thread rules. But my address is on the back of the envelope!

TheOrdinary
Oct 14, 2012
Got some Halloween Goonmail today! YAY!
Big thanks to Jimmy Da Fish you made my day :dance:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Hey, is IrishWolfman still participating in this? I actually had an envelope stuffed, stamped, and addressed, but it never got sent. I just found it. I was excited about that one, too, cause they expressed interest in postcard collecting, and I had a few to send. I couldn't believe when I found the envelope sitting there ready to go, several months old.

Glad to see this thread is still kickin'. I can't wait till I can get back into it, but won't be for awhile yet, I don't think. I may send out random things though once in a blue moon. :)

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Yay!:neckbeard: I'm glad some of the cards are starting to arrive.

I may send another random batch this weekend........

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

Glad to see this thread is still kickin'. I can't wait till I can get back into it, but won't be for awhile yet, I don't think. I may send out random things though once in a blue moon. :)

Awww, WWC! I hoped you were coming back. I'm so sending you Halloween stuff, you can't stop me!

Red Zaku
Oct 23, 2012

Three times faster than your regular Zaku.
I'm a stupid newbie, but this looks like fun! I'll try to send xmas cards to everyone I can :hfive:

So, here it goes:

Rodrigo B.
Rua Padre José Antônio Romano, 300
Apt 82C, Parque Esmeralda
São Paulo, SP, Brazil
05784-120
(Please no NSFW on the outside)

I'm a typical fat game/rpg/anime fan (especially if it envolves giant robots). 26 y.o, and I just started working as a teacher (tech/business stuff, local college). I also like football (not soccer). I don't know what else I could tell about myself.

This should be fun!

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

13Pandora13 posted:

:stare: That's one heck of a different name. You'll have to tell me about it in a letter!

Will do! Today is my first day off in a week (and the last for another week) so I've got a stack of goonmail ready to be dropped off at the post office!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Awww, WWC! I hoped you were coming back. I'm so sending you Halloween stuff, you can't stop me!

Heeey! Can I even try to stop you? Irresistible force meets immovable object. :dance:

I can't wait till I can officially come back, but it was for the best that I withdrew. All the poo poo of the past 3 years caught up with me, and I withdrew from like, everything, if it required more energy than reading and being a useless lump. I am starting to feel better though, finally, and going about un-loving my life now. And maybe in time, I'll be able to get back into the snail mail swing. I hope you and the other mailygoons are all doing well!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I sent out a load of Halloween mail today. I probably should've brought home some envelopes from work so I could get started on Christmas, since it's looking like I'm going to have days without power very soon.

Thermophonic Joy, I have not forgotten your catbomb, it may just take a little while since my mail supplies are at work and the likelihood that I'll be making it in the office in the next few days is looking slim.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Is there anybody here who hates coffee or doesn't drink it? This is important!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Address removed.

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 22, 2013

Red Zaku
Oct 23, 2012

party hat posted:

Is there such a human? Inconceivable.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a card from Niemat today! It has a cool picture of a dude riding a jackrabbit. :dance:

Red Zaku posted:

Is there such a human? Inconceivable.

My boyfriend doesn't like coffee, and he won't drink it unless it's completely masked by other flavors. So far this means he'll have some of my Starbucks peppermint white mocha, but that's it. I, on the other hand, love coffee and I'm thinking about putting a pot on right now. :coffee:

Normally, I'd be shocked and appalled, but we have so many goddamn things in common that we actually celebrate our differences.

Red Zaku
Oct 23, 2012

Mizufusion posted:

I got a card from Niemat today! It has a cool picture of a dude riding a jackrabbit. :dance:

My boyfriend doesn't like coffee, and he won't drink it unless it's completely masked by other flavors. So far this means he'll have some of my Starbucks peppermint white mocha, but that's it. I, on the other hand, love coffee and I'm thinking about putting a pot on right now. :coffee:

Normally, I'd be shocked and appalled, but we have so many goddamn things in common that we actually celebrate our differences.

Love is in the little things. I work in IT and I teach, so I'm supposed to be double-addicted to coffee.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

party hat posted:

I work at a place that serves coffee all the time, all day long, endlessly, and I can barely bring myself to look at it, let alone drink some. :negative:

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Now that I'm wrapping up grad school, I've switched to black tea rather than my normal 3-4 coffees, but I still love some good coffee.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I work at a place that serves coffee all the time, all day long, endlessly, and I can barely bring myself to look at it, let alone drink some. :negative:
The coffee they have at my office smells like urine. I bring in my French press to work; if that makes me a snob, so be it. :colbert:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Tempura Wizard posted:

The coffee they have at my office smells like urine. I bring in my French press to work; if that makes me a snob, so be it. :colbert:

I definitely do the same thing, so no judgment here! It's not our fault our jobs can't produce anything other than watered down mud/piss water. :colbert: Real coffee is totally worth the effort!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Tempura Wizard posted:

I don't think I've ever tasted 'real' coffee from a french press... or any coffee that isn't mass produced at a franchise or storebought instant. Is it really better?

on topic edit: Big surprise, my Halloween mail is gonna go out late! Sorry... Gotta wait til payday to buy stamps. :ohdear:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 27, 2012

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

JimmydaFish posted:

Yay!:neckbeard: I'm glad some of the cards are starting to arrive.
Thank you so much, JDF! :3:

Edit:

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I don't think I've ever tasted 'real' coffee from a french press... or any coffee that isn't mass produced at a franchise or storebought instant. Is it really better?
Let me just say: yes. Find a local coffee place that roasts their own bean and offers press and you may very well taste a difference. It's a number of factors like the roast and the process by which it's prepared, but a light roast in a FP will be much smoother than Seattle's Best in a drip that's used every day and not likely cleaned properly (as per my office). Allow me to direct you to SA's very own coffee thread! Anything's better than instant, though. :ssh:

Tempura Wizard fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 28, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Unexpected Road posted:

Will do! Today is my first day off in a week (and the last for another week) so I've got a stack of goonmail ready to be dropped off at the post office!

Do you need my address too? I haven't seen you online in forever.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Tempura Wizard posted:

Edit:

Let me just say: yes. Find a local coffee place that roasts their own bean and offers press and you may very well taste a difference. It's a number of factors like the roast and the process by which it's prepared, but a light roast in a FP will be much smoother than Seattle's Best in a drip that's used every day and not likely cleaned properly (as per my office). Allow me to direct you to SA's very own coffee thread! Anything's better than instant, though. :ssh:

Alright, you've convinced me. I'll hunt around for a local snooty coffee shop and give coffee another chance! Guess I have something to write you about, now. :3:

Seattle's Best... :barf:

lamb posted:

Thermophonic Joy, I have not forgotten your catbomb, it may just take a little while since my mail supplies are at work and the likelihood that I'll be making it in the office in the next few days is looking slim.

I understand you cannot rush a catbomb. One false move and it could very well explode. :catstare:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 28, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Tempura Wizard! Thank you so much for the postcard. I wonder how much of that waterline will be existing on Wednesday :ohdear:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Kafkas Goldfish! It was you who sent my mom that delightful card, so thank you TONS!! :buddy: My mom came to town this weekend, and she really enjoyed the card! Expect a card headed back your way this week!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Thermophonic Joy! I look forward to planting those cucumbers in the spring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

Kafka's Goldfish- I got your letter! Love the Alice in Wonderland stamps. I also liked the stories about your kitties. I'd love to see pics of them.