Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Niemat I got that Halloween card and the stickers from you! Thank you so much!!! It made my day!

Also how did you know that Scooby-Doo is my favourite cartoon character?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

Niemat I got that Halloween card and the stickers from you! Thank you so much!!! It made my day!

I'm surprised you haven't gotten mine yet. You're like a 45 minute drive from me! At my driving speeds anyway.

Edit: nvm, thinking of Bradford. Still, not too much further!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

cuntvalet posted:

Scooby Doo is (OR SHOULD BE) everyone's favorite! :colbert:

Glad you enjoyed the card! :buddy:

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
Woo! I got my first piece of goon mail already from Kafkas Goldfish! It was a lovely letter about their cats and stuff. I think you tried to put a wax stamp on it? But it fell apart by the time it got to me :( nevertheless, thank you!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 22, 2017

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Nov 22, 2017

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Thank you, Tempura Wizard. I've just been feeling so terrible, your thanks is belated but no less appreciated.

hockeyfrog
Jun 11, 2008
Don't know how I missed this thread earlier, but would love to get in on the spreading "the joy of opening a mailbox and finding something not a bill or junk mail"! I'm a little sad I got in too late for Halloween, but that Bicarbonate of Soda day sounds like a fun holiday to send cards for! (Although maybe not including some, in fear of the post office thinking it is a hazardous material.)

Me? I like getting non-bills/junk mail too! I like getting random cards, postcards and letters about what is going on in your part of the world! Anything sent though does need to be sfw and mind safe please.

hockeyfrog
1119 Laramie St.
Apt 10
Manhattan, KS 66502
USA

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

party hat posted:

I'm surprised you haven't gotten mine yet. You're like a 45 minute drive from me! At my driving speeds anyway.

Edit: nvm, thinking of Bradford. Still, not too much further!

I hope I get your mail soon!!!

PARTY HAAAAAT!!!!

I got home from a doctor's appointment and got your mail! I love the stickers but I am honestly SO IN LOVE with the coin purse you made. It's gorgeous and matches a sweater I have so well it's uncanny!

CatStacking fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 30, 2012

TheOrdinary
Oct 14, 2012
Yay! More Goon Mail! Thank you lamb, those halloween-theme cards were fantastic :D

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

cuntvalet posted:

I hope I get your mail soon!!!

PARTY HAAAAAT!!!!

I got home from a doctor's appointment and got your mail! I love the stickers but I am honestly SO IN LOVE with the coin purse you made. It's gorgeous and matches a sweater I have so well it's uncanny!

Yay! I'm so glad you like it! :3:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thank you for the spooky Halloween goonmail, lamb. I enjoyed it very much.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cardboardRobot posted:

Thank you Thermophonic Joy! I look forward to planting those cucumbers in the spring.

Er... sorry it was so late! :smith:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got mail from lamb yesterday! :buddy:

Also pictured, the postcards I got from Niemat and Tempura Wizard last week!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Oh, no! This makes me so sad! Maybe I should have sealed the letter inside the envelope instead. If you want more mail, I could try again. I have some pretty awesome Scottish wax that is very beautiful!

Oh no! Don't be sad, I loved your letter! :3: If you WANT to send me another one with your pretty Scottish wax, far be it from me to stop you! But don't feel obligated. :) I am going to send you a letter back soon!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

I got cards from Lamb and Aunt Buck yesterday!! I loved the monster bomb from Lamb, so much fun stuff in it. And a Mr. Happy card too.

I really need to take a picture of all my goon mail......

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

lamb! I walked home from a test yesterday, feeling pretty down, and I found a mailbox full of lamb mail when I got there!! :buddy: Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and the Halloween mail!! You really made my day! (I gotta ask, though, who's the fellow on the sticker keeping tampons safe??)

Look at that impressive spread! :3:

And I started a ribbon board (next to my homework board, blech) in prep for the fall/winter holiday goonmail season!! :D (also pictured is Mizufusion's postcard from a few posts ago!)

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Niemat posted:

And I started a ribbon board (next to my homework board, blech) in prep for the fall/winter holiday goonmail season!! :D (also pictured is Mizufusion's postcard from a few posts ago!)

I dig your board!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Any East Coast goons in here (or goons with family there)? Just want to wish everyone and their families safe during this nighmare storm. :(

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I got home late last night, grabbed the mail out of the box and dropped it on the table without looking at it. This morning I was running late, so I just riffled through it without paying much attention. HOWEVER, I did notice that I got a nice, thick envelope from Lamb! I'm happy, because I have something to look forward to after work. And since my students are being a bit jerky today, it's kinda nice to have something to look forward to. (Apart from seeing Mrs. Genesplicer. She makes every day worth living.)

Thanks Lamb!

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
drat, I just realized that the mail I sent to the US Monday had stamps from last year, therefore are 2 cents short. Please please don't notice Canada Post! :ohdear:

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Thank you Niemat! I got your Halloween card the other day. I kind of grudgingly enjoy those peanut butter toffee things and will eat them when no one else is looking.

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...
Just got some awesome Goon mail from lamb and Jimmy Da Fish. Also just got some printer ink so I will giving the postman some goon mail to go out by the end of the week. :)

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

lamb posted:

Tempura Wizard! Thank you so much for the postcard. I wonder how much of that waterline will be existing on Wednesday :ohdear:
I really didn't think about that when I sent the postcard. I wonder how much of that waterline is existing now.

Amarie posted:

Thank you, Tempura Wizard. I've just been feeling so terrible, your thanks is belated but no less appreciated.
No prob, Bob! Here's hoping you're feeling better soon! :3:

New thing I found in my box:

It's so pretty... do I have to break it? :ohdear:

I managed to tear around it, thank you for the lovely letter about your pets, Kafka' Goldfish!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

Tempura Wizard posted:

It's so pretty... do I have to break it? :ohdear:

I managed to tear around it, thank you for the lovely letter about your pets, Kafka' Goldfish!

I'm glad you liked it, though I'm starting to feel like a crazy cat lady with all the letters I sent out discussing my cats!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Just wanted to thank some wonderful folks for the letters I've received:

Lamb sent me an awesome bit of goonmail way back at the beginning of the month and today:

even MORE goodies arrived! Thank you so much, Lamb! I don't know how you do it.

Also thanks Thermophonic Joy for all the PETA stickers and propaganda, you know I love it:

And look at that return address sticker! What a nicely drawn puppy! Really glad you are enjoying it :)

Sorry I have not been a good goon pen-pal lately- classes this semester are eating up all my time. Will be in for Christmas, but probably won't be able to mail much until then.

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.
I'm down for this. I'm a pretty new goon, but I've heard stories of these posts from hockeyfrog for a few years, so I'm pretty excited for it. Let's rock!

C. Livingston
609 Highland Ridge Drive, #8206
Manhattan, KS 66503, USA

I'm pretty cool with getting anything non-hazardous, and this place seems to be a hotbed of creative stuff, so I look forward to anything!

e: acceptable stuff; seems my postman is a little anal about the names on parcels.

Dushkani fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 6, 2012

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
So I haven't worked in awhile but I'm now at a point where I have to find something. It's causing me a lot of stress so some goonmail would be greatly appreciated. Always brings a smile to my face to see something for cardboardRobot in the mail.

That also means I should hopefully be able to afford to send some more out soon.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

lambbomb! Not only an awesome Halloween card, but GarbagePailKids and Gremlins trading cards? Oh hells yes.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Tempura Wizard posted:

lambbomb! Not only an awesome Halloween card, but GarbagePailKids and Gremlins trading cards? Oh hells yes.

Oh man... this is sending me outside in my bathrobe right now to check the mail. I love goonmail. :blush:

edit: YES! Thank you Party Hat! I got an awesome rooster card and neat crochet (knitted?) change purse. It is adorable and I'm totally gonna use it. :dance: Thank you for the goonlove! It was right on time.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 2, 2012

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Oh man... this is sending me outside in my bathrobe right now to check the mail. I love goonmail. :blush:

edit: YES! Thank you Party Hat! I got an awesome rooster card and neat crochet (knitted?) change purse. It is adorable and I'm totally gonna use it. :dance: Thank you for the goonlove! It was right on time.

Hurrah! :dance: it is crocheted, I can't figure out this knitting thing.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Foe Hammer
8645 Topaz Ct
Gainesville, GA, USA 30506

My first time doing anything like this, I hope it is fun! Send me anything, especially you crafty goons! I plan on returning mail to all that I can.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I got a card from party hat today too! It had a neat green and gray crocheted coffee cup sleeve. Good timing too, because I usually get coffee with friends on Friday night! I'm wearing it like a really dorky bracelet until then. :downs:

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Thanks for the Birthday and Halloween mails, Lamb :)

party hat
Apr 22, 2010

Mizufusion posted:

I got a card from party hat today too! It had a neat green and gray crocheted coffee cup sleeve. Good timing too, because I usually get coffee with friends on Friday night! I'm wearing it like a really dorky bracelet until then. :downs:

Yay! So what's the verdict? Was it awesome or too chunky?

ShuckyDucky
Jun 19, 2008

Quack Quack
This looks fun!

Cards going out soon!

Here's me - rather no NSFW on the outside:

Tom McC
2646 Kensington Avenue.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19133

Thanks Goons!

ShuckyDucky fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 4, 2012

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

party hat posted:

Yay! So what's the verdict? Was it awesome or too chunky?

It was awesome and just the right amount of squishy! A little big for the standard Starbuck's cup, though; it kept sliding all the way up to the lid. Maybe make the next one a couple stitches narrower? It was pretty good at keeping my wrist warm, though. I will definitely bring it with me next time I get coffee. :buddy:

Auryn
Dec 20, 2004

Send me cards and I will send you cards!!

Auryn
1605 Scenic Dr.
West Trenton NJ 08628
USA

McFoxigator
Jun 13, 2011

Life is full of twicky decisions...
Sent out some silly colouring pages. It isn't much but I hope my first goonmail sending is well received. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangereuse
Dec 27, 2009

Terrain is bumpy, vegetation may be thick. Proceed with caution.
We're prepared for Goonmas this year with a bunch of dorky Christmas postcards.

Dangereuse & CountDrunkula
205 Essex St
West Footscray
Australia VIC 3012

Or you can send cards to our happy, doofy mini poodle Noodle, or our snooty cat Mephistopheles.

I'm sure Noodle will love shredding whatever you send and Mephi will bat it around for a bit then give it to Noodle.