Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

InfinEight posted:

For better or for worse, Anniversary isn't really a remake since all they did was overlay a new graphics engine on the original game. I agree it's definitely a dated game but it's still a ton of fun and I'm glad I got it as an excuse to play it again.

I played Anniversary awhile back and had fun with it too. I did have a bit of rose-tinted glasses with it though. I forgot how repetitive Assault on the Control Room is. I only remembered the outdoor parts and driving the cool tank. I didn't remember the endless interior sections that featured the same drat room with slight variations to it. The Library was less of a slog than that level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
By digging through my work's plastic bottle recycle bin and nabbing the codes off of the bottle caps from Mountain Dew, this has earned me 33 matches of double XP and 9 prize entries.

Can't wait to go dumpster diving some more this weekend! Mwahahhaha!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Napolean Bonerfarts posted:

By digging through my work's plastic bottle recycle bin and nabbing the codes off of the bottle caps from Mountain Dew, this has earned me 33 matches of double XP and 9 prize entries.

Can't wait to go dumpster diving some more this weekend! Mwahahhaha!

I...uh...:stonk:

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
Sadly I'm the only person who drinks any significant amount of mountain dew, so it's up to giving myself diabetes to get my 200 matches of 2xp. Though I do love the gamefuel flavor, so it's atleast something I was going to buy anyways.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Here's a code for red Spartan 4 avatar armor that I got. Apparently, it's female only

6JHJM-FVYQ4-F4J4Q-39RWF-4J2CZ

I got it from here by the way.
https://www.legendaryprizes.com/

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Here's a code for red Spartan 4 avatar armor that I got. Apparently, it's female only

6JHJM-FVYQ4-F4J4Q-39RWF-4J2CZ

I got it from here by the way.
https://www.legendaryprizes.com/

Just did that and got a female code as well.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
We just got trolled by Pizza Hut UK.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

So there's a pretty neat Interactive Halo 4 guide up on Waypoint now:
http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-US/halo4guide

I haven't been through the whole thing yet, but there's some new info about enemies, storyline, the multiplayer mode, etc. And it reveals the greatest new addition to the series: Grunts in EVA suits.

:neckbeard:

I'm a little disappointed that apparently Crawlers, Watchers, and Knights evidently are the only Promethean enemies we'll see, unless this isn't a total catalog of all the enemies in-game. There are apparently different classes of each of the three that are distinguished from each other--and not just in the usual "different color and stronger" sort of way--so maybe that won't be too bad, though.

edit: yeah, each variation of the three Promo enemy classes seems pretty significantly different, so I guess I'm worried over nothing.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Oct 30, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I'm a little disappointed that apparently Crawlers, Watchers, and Knights evidently are the only Promethean enemies we'll see, unless this isn't a total catalog of all the enemies in-game. There are apparently different classes of each of the three that are distinguished from each other--and not just in the usual "different color and stronger" sort of way--so maybe that won't be too bad, though.

edit: yeah, each variation of the three Promo enemy classes seems pretty significantly different, so I guess I'm worried over nothing.

They could end up doing something like Vanquish where there's only a few enemies, but each has an array of differently-behaving versions (Romanov-D's :argh:).

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They could end up doing something like Vanquish where there's only a few enemies, but each has an array of differently-behaving versions (Romanov-D's :argh:).

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say with the different classes. For example, there are three Crawler forms, the standard Boltshot-wielding one, a sniper version, and a more aggressive one with a Suppressor. Combined with the fact that there seem to be even more Covenant classes, I think we'll be okay with enemy variety and I was freaking out prematurely. :)

Also, apparently every Covie species has an EVA-wearing Ranger version, with a line in the description talking about how they're mainly used in "infantry-based EVA assaults." If this means that we're going to get into shootouts with Covies in the loving vacuum of space I swear I will implode into a black hole of excitement and glee. I cannot loving wait until next Tuesday.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 30, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Also, apparently every Covie species has an EVA-wearing Ranger version, with a line in the description talking about how they're mainly used in "infantry-based EVA assaults." If this means that we're going to get into shootouts with Covies in the loving vacuum of space I swear I will implode into a black hole of excitement and glee. I cannot loving wait until next Tuesday.

If it's anything like the space level in Reach, I'm right there with you.

Something I really think they should do with Halo is slap in an alt-fire button. Just to tidy away a few things that have cropped up through the franchise with doubled-up weapons. You could integrate the three main rifles into one with a 1/3/auto fire toggle, get some more inventive use out of that new remote mine gun with the detonator being on a secondary-fire, and so on. I'm not really nit-picking, just saying it'd be a nice-to-have.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

When Bungie released that video of the space dogfighting, I totally thought that would have made it into matchmaking. Similar to my love of support classes, I would like to see some space combat.

Either way, where's my Falcon, Hornet, Pelican, etc?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The Lich

Also the addition of another single seat fighter space fighter for the humans seems to indicate that another Reach-like space mission is likely. I'm more than fine with this.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
What the hell? What's with only eight overall gametypes? What happened to Assault, Race/Rally, Terribletories, Juggernaut, and the rest of the Tanner Family? There better be ways to set those up in Customs.

Spaz Medicine
Feb 22, 2008

I will only buy Halo 4 if they bring back mongoose rocket race. :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Psycho Landlord posted:

The Lich

Also the addition of another single seat fighter space fighter for the humans seems to indicate that another Reach-like space mission is likely. I'm more than fine with this.

I think that thruster pack (thank you WGS for linking that guide, I wasn't aware it existed) might also indicate some EVA fun, but it could just be for quick dashing boosts.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
I dunno, I remember some vidoc or interview or something saying that Grifball is still in, but it's not listed in the War Games options. Maybe there's game types that only show up in customs or something.

If not, that's pretty weaksauce.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

I dunno, I remember some vidoc or interview or something saying that Grifball is still in, but it's not listed in the War Games options. Maybe there's game types that only show up in customs or something.

If not, that's pretty weaksauce.

I haven't played Grifball (I mostly play Halo for the campaign), but I think it's the mode called "Oddball".

Moose King
Nov 5, 2009

Grifball is an Assault variant, which is basically the opposite of CTF. And there doesn't seem to be an Assault gametype in that list. Oddball is a completely different gametype, where there is a skull on the map and players have to hold on to it while the others try to kill him and get the ball, whoever held it the longest wins.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
Right, and while I couldn't give less of a drat about Grifball, Basketbomb is pretty much the tits. It'll be pretty lame if Assault doesn't make a comeback.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I prefer Halo 2's version of assault/planting the bomb over the later games

Also, bring back infinite overtime if youre still holding the flag

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I prefer Halo 2's version of assault/planting the bomb over the later games

Also, bring back infinite overtime if youre still holding the flag

Did you play Halo 2's multiplayer? People exploited the crap out of infinite time on sudden death by holding the objective item off of the map and camped with it. It was lame...

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think that thruster pack (thank you WGS for linking that guide, I wasn't aware it existed) might also indicate some EVA fun, but it could just be for quick dashing boosts.

That's because it didn't until about ten minutes before I posted it. :) drat, did it get me even more excited for this game, though.

Also, to people worried about particular gamemodes, it only listed the major ones, not the variants, so Grifball could still be in the game as an Assault variant, etc. I'm hoping this means Crazy King is still in, that was my favorite Halo: Reach game mode but I haven't heard anything about whether or not it's in H4.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Also, to people worried about particular gamemodes, it only listed the major ones, not the variants, so Grifball could still be in the game as an Assault variant
That'd be great if Assault was still a gametype.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

That'd be great if Assault was still a gametype.

Oh, yeah :downs: Well, maybe it uses the Oddball or something instead this time around, I was just kind of making up an example.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

Did you play Halo 2's multiplayer? People exploited the crap out of infinite time on sudden death by holding the objective item off of the map and camped with it. It was lame...

It was the best and I will not hear another word otherwise

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001

Big Bob Pataki posted:

It was the best and I will not hear another word otherwise
Sounds more like something complete twats would do to feel better about themselves, but that's just me!

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
No you're right

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

gametypes here:

http://imgur.com/a/V3dnQ

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.
Grifball was a mod of assault and we've seen a Grifball gametype.

So at the very least, I expect we can modify Grifball to play like basketbomb.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

pseudorandom name posted:

Halo: Complex - You are a Spartan dropped into a secret Covenant military facility built around a mysterious Forerunner complex. Explore the facility, upgrade your weapons and armor with pilfered Covenant and Forerunner technology and neutralize the threat to humanity at the heart of the complex. Completing Halo: Complex unlocks the ability to play as an ODST instead of a Spartan, for added excitement and challenge.

I would play the poo poo out of this and love it forever.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Custom games and grifball are for faggots. go play NBA jam or something losers.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FPzero posted:

I would play the poo poo out of this and love it forever.

I gotta agree, this sounds like an awesome spinoff game.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Funkmaster General posted:

Blitzball was a Final Fantasy thing. Are you thinking of Grifball?

Ah, my mistake - I meant Grifball. Although I wouldn't mind a full-on Final Fantasy Blitzball -title either.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Here's all the H4 armor in glorious ~*HD*~

http://imgur.com/a/t5EdL

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

inSTAALed posted:

MLG to be locked to one armor set to avoid unfair advantage

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

inSTAALed posted:

I forget, can we mix and match armor parts like in Reach or is it all or nothing, and only change the helmet? Most of those look very silly.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I like all the different color schemes we'll never see because red and blue :qq:

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

RBA Starblade posted:

I forget, can we mix and match armor parts like in Reach or is it all or nothing, and only change the helmet? Most of those look very silly.

Yeah, everything is interchangeable, forearms, shoulders, shins, chest, etc, very much like Reach. The Deadeye one looks pretty cool but overall the new style will have to just grow on me I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

victrix posted:

I like all the different color schemes we'll never see because red and blue :qq:

Play more Slayer I guess.

(I've also found that fact annoying. I think it would be better at least if only the primary colour was changed to the team colour.)

• Locked thread