Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Slaughterhaul posted:

More Wolverine & The X-Men #19. I love the idea of Blade carrying around his own Edward doll to get angry with.

This is the kind of stuff that belongs in the Q&A thread.

Hahaha, ok, I didn't think the first panels were that funny, but the Sasquatch and Puck one is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
WatX always seems like a book I should get.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Poor Blade. The poor guy's probably just trying to get a job, you know, being in comics again.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

LordPants posted:

That's because it always is.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Poor Firestar, she just never seems to catch a break.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
What's Blade going to do when he runs out of blackulas to kill?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Stunt double for Wesley Snipes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LordPants posted:

Probably the best thing to come out of the Avengers vs X-Men nonsense was that I became aware of just how good WatX is, even if I can't stand the new Hellfire Club. Plus I'm always happy to see more of Doop.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Some motherfuckers are always trying to get teaching jobs. Uphill.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Defiance Industries posted:

He could be the third Wesley Snipes right now as one is in jail and the other is a British white guy.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Jetfire posted:

Animal, Gorilla - Animal, werewolf - Uh, normal teacher lady?

Maybe they're trying to imply she's a "bitch" for questioning the Xavier method of education?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Plus I'm always happy to see more of Doop.

Didn't he die during X-Statix?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Defiance Industries posted:

Must be experienced at opening eyes on queue.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!

Alhazred posted:

Nothing can kill the Doop.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Alhazred posted:

He just didn't want to be left out! Not his fault that most of them decided to stick with it. :colbert:

Anyway, it's low hanging fruit but I have to admit I got a good laugh out of the entire "The Wizard has gotten religious mania and taken control of AIM" subplot being resolved like this:

Source is FF#22

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Alhazred posted:

He was the only one who lived.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Hakkesshu posted:

Finding new teachers is hard:

Wolverine & The X-Men #19

I love the reference to Spider-Man and his amazing freinds.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I kinda want Jennifer Sloan to be a new character who's just constantly suffering in trying to make the school an actual school for the students.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

I don't know the source as I found it while browsing Imgur, but if anyone does, I'd be happy to edit it in

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nahxela posted:

I don't know the source as I found it while browsing Imgur, but if anyone does, I'd be happy to edit it in

Isn't it strange that at least a few of those Manatees would operate in the same way as the human versions? I don't see what would be much different about Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and Aqua-Manatee.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I'd argue Supermanatee would be equally effective too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Luke Cage is leaving the Avengers to move on with his life and raise his family and best pal Iron Fist is having problems coping with losing his friend.

New Avengers #31

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

Luke Cage is leaving the Avengers to move on with his life and raise his family and best pal Iron Fist is having problems coping with losing his friend.

New Avengers #31

I love this page more than life.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Lobok posted:

Isn't it strange that at least a few of those Manatees would operate in the same way as the human versions? I don't see what would be much different about Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and Aqua-Manatee.

Manatees have a terrible imagination as showcased by their years of writing Family Guy, they would make an awful Green Lantern.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

DarkCrawler posted:

Manatees have a terrible imagination as showcased by their years of writing Family Guy, they would make an awful Green Lantern.

Need I point out the obvious that the longest tenured, and probably most popular, latern is Hal Jordan?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Sizone posted:

and probably most popular, latern is Hal Jordan?

I find this hard to believe since everyone I've ever spoke to about this thinks Hal Jordan sucks. I think Geoff Johns is his only fanboy.

Honeydew
Nov 27, 2005

That's a very nice jaffa cake you have there

Nahxela posted:

The very concept of Aquamanatee oh god.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Geoff Johns has indeed a hard on for Hal Jordan. Guy and Alan for life.

X-Men 182:

The perfect reaction to Apocalypse's leering.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
I've always liked that they broke conventions and made a Japanese hero like Sunfire an unapologetic, sneering nationalist rear end in a top hat instead of the typical kowtowing coolie or stoic honorable warrior stereotypes. The whole turn to villainy bothers me, because it takes away from what made him interesting. He was heroic and even noble at times, but he was also an insufferable jerk who held most of his peers in contempt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

gently caress context.

Avenging Spider-man Annual #1

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
The official Mutant Massacre crossover guide (not sure of specific source) may not be setting the right tone or level of comprehensibility:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Marvel: Master Comedian

Captain Marvel v1 #8

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh deary me!

2000AD, not sure what issue. Pretty sure it's from Judge Dredd.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
A little late, but Batman knows the reason for the season.

Batman: Lil' Gotham #1

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Lurdiak posted:

Oh deary me!

2000AD, not sure what issue. Pretty sure it's from Judge Dredd.
It's Dredd, prog 188.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I am in love with JL8 (formerly Little League) and really wish DC would just give this guy a book. I'd buy it every month. The recent strip had me in tears.

Barry's face in the middle of the bottom second panel is the funniest loving thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:flashfact: Actually Wally West was the Flash that had the hyperactive metabolism that necessitated the mas consumption of food.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.
Who's "Wally West?" Don't you know that Barry Allen is the only Flaoh God :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Magic Love Hose posted:

Who's "Wally West?" Don't you know that Barry Allen is the only Flaoh God :smith:

Barry's been dead since 1985 dude. It's one of the few fixed facts in comic book history, like Bucky and the second Robin being dead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

Barry's been dead since 1985 dude. It's one of the few fixed facts in comic book history, like Bucky and the second Robin being dead!

I've heard that Uncle Ben is going to be revealed as the secret mastermind behind the next big Marvel crossover.

• Locked thread