Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Casu Marzu posted:

HOLY gently caress I TASTED :siren:

Not everything, but I was decanting a batch of sauerkraut to can, and without thinking I tasted a bit like usual. Then I thought "hm, this stuff isn't as sour as the last batch, what a sha-HOLY gently caress I TASTED!!!!!!".

Apparently I can detect sour now. :confuoot:

Edit: this is literally me right now:

You should look around for sour halloween candy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Huzzah! Seriously dude, your posts are what got me into goons with spoons so I hope you a speedy recovery. Also, I'm not sure which guy in the gif you mean to be but I'm sure you're happy either way.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Getting into the habit of making mirepoix is making me look forward to eating vegetables. I am not familiar with this feeling.

Edit: oh poo poo, it's a tasting miracle!

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Yayyyyy Casu!! In the movie in my head you finished your scene by sinking to the floor, container of sauerkraut in hand, crying uncontrollably. Your significant other finds you, realizes what happened and starts crying too. Next is a montage of you eating all kinds of delicious food. Now I'm hungry.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:
While Satchmo sings 'Wonderful World' over top...

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

That's great Casu, I've been genuinely worried about your taste. To a larger extent than usual.

Oh, the ball was there, I had to shoot.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Oh god.I chilled a small jar of watermelon rind pickles and :gizz: oh god I can taste and it is good

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Only sour? Avoid those miracle berries.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

pogothemonkey0 posted:

Huzzah! [snip] I hope you a speedy recovery. Also, I'm not sure which guy in the gif you mean to be but I'm sure you're happy either way.
Seconding both points. Are you top or bottom (or both?)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Chemmy posted:

Only sour? Avoid those miracle berries.

What? Those are awesome

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Casu Marzu posted:

Nice one! I remember once when I was about sixteen, I accidentally temporarily blinded myself, and the incredible joy I felt when sight came back was amazing. It must be even better when you can taste things.

Roxy Rouge posted:

I live in Jacksonville. It has it's good and bad bits, but is a very liveable city. I would be happy to talk with you about areas of town to live, great spots to check out restaurant wise etc if you are interested. What kind of post doc?

I'll be investigating the epigenetics of breast and liver cancer at the Mayo Clinic. It's a significant enough career move that I would live in downtown Basra to work in this particular lab.

So far, we're sort of limiting our property investigations to San Marco... It's within cycling distance of the lab, walking distance of downtown, and looks quite nice. And there's a nice sounding pub with a microbrewery nearby.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Congrats on your tongue Casu and many happy returns.

NightConqueror posted:

Hey guys, here's a nice little recipe I like to whip up for the buddies before the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJjbtesaD0w

This is the funniest goddamn thing.

Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009

Scientastic posted:

Nice one! I remember once when I was about sixteen, I accidentally temporarily blinded myself, and the incredible joy I felt when sight came back was amazing. It must be even better when you can taste things.

I'll be investigating the epigenetics of breast and liver cancer at the Mayo Clinic. It's a significant enough career move that I would live in downtown Basra to work in this particular lab.

So far, we're sort of limiting our property investigations to San Marco... It's within cycling distance of the lab, walking distance of downtown, and looks quite nice. And there's a nice sounding pub with a microbrewery nearby.

San Marco is a good choice Just across the river is Riverside, several great spots there-check out Restaurant Orsay, 13 Gypsies and Black Sheep. There is also Bistro Aix in San Marco. Which pub are you familiar with there? Both intuition and bold city breweries are good micro brewers. Kickbacks is a good pub as well.
Congrats on the post doc. I have several friends who work for Mayo and really enjoy working for the organization. Hope you enjoy your time in Jacksonville!

Roxy Rouge fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 1, 2012

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Casu Marzu posted:

Oh god.I chilled a small jar of watermelon rind pickles and :gizz: oh god I can taste and it is good

:woop:
Maybe tomorrow you can try adding a little salt and see if that comes back, too?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

What? Those are awesome

NOT IF YOU CAN ONLY TASTE SOUR

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Eh, I've lost my sense of taste before. After a couple weeks or a month it comes back. Doc said some viruses have the effect, and it's actually relatively common.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

I couldn't taste salt for months after having a molar chopped out. Seawater is actually sweetish, FYI.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

But can you taste eggs?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Drink and Fight posted:

But can you taste eggs?

:douche: he simply chooses not to.:douche:

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
So the storm hosed the roof of the house we are living in really badly and it looks like we might have to move.

Went and saw a few places, noting exciting, it was pretty depressing.

Then this morning we went and saw a house on some ladie's farm. The house is like half log cabin and half straw bale construction, but finished inside to an amazing degree. It has a wood stove, a bank of solar panels, and it one of the coolest houses I have ever seen. It is on a 500 acre farm, but our chunk would be only like 1/2 an acre to take care of. Also, it is somehow closer to DC then where we live now.

We find out if we get it this weekend. God I hope so.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Magic berry makes sour taste sweet, which is handy cause it will allow Casu to sense two tastes instead of one

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
That's totally not how it works.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Magic berry makes sour taste sweet, which is handy cause it will allow Casu to sense two tastes instead of one

It blocks your sour taste receptors, which would return him to no-tastes-at-all.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Charmmi posted:

That's totally not how it works.

I think you're forgetting that they're MAGIC berries.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
:science: Don't fail me now, magic berries, cast down the unbelievers

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

bunnielab posted:

So the storm hosed the roof of the house we are living in really badly and it looks like we might have to move.

Went and saw a few places, noting exciting, it was pretty depressing.

Then this morning we went and saw a house on some ladie's farm. The house is like half log cabin and half straw bale construction, but finished inside to an amazing degree. It has a wood stove, a bank of solar panels, and it one of the coolest houses I have ever seen. It is on a 500 acre farm, but our chunk would be only like 1/2 an acre to take care of. Also, it is somehow closer to DC then where we live now.

We find out if we get it this weekend. God I hope so.

Post pics.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pogothemonkey0 posted:

Huzzah! Seriously dude, your posts are what got me into goons with spoons so I hope you a speedy recovery. Also, I'm not sure which guy in the gif you mean to be but I'm sure you're happy either way.

He's clearly dancing guy. dino. is PSY, obviously.

Here's hoping the rest of your sense returns, Casu!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Dude if we get it I am going to get banned for refusing to stop posting pics.

The place is at the end of like a mile of gravel track through the woods and then maybe another mile of one lane roads so I would have to sell a bunch of guns and buy a truck. Would also need to build a shack to keep wood in and if it really works out, a small workshop.

This place's rent is also cheaper then the current place and with the wood stove, cheaper to heat. The current tenent said they only used like 2 coards of wood last winter.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
The haybale construction is really good for insulation. What kind of stove is it? Earthstove?

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Comments, please.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3498320&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post409152640

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Couldn't be arsed with reading the whole thread but I think we as regulars come across as a bit uptight and cliquey. Let's chill out a bit, bros.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

That thread has been shite since its inception, but it would have died a death eventually if people had left it alone. The standard "vote 1 and move on" should apply.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

therattle posted:

Couldn't be arsed with reading the whole thread but I think we as regulars come across as a bit uptight and cliquey. Let's chill out a bit, bros.

Ugh

It has nothing to do with wanting gws to be some haute cuisine thing. It's just a dumb thread that everyone is taking way too fuckin' seriously.

And as ricola said if people would just post their poo poo and be done with it it'd be fine, but it's all super BROSEPHUS CHECK OUT DIS CHICKKKENCHEEZ YO

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

BOOYAH! Congratulations! Here's hoping the rest of your taste sensors wake up! :dance:

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
It's a silly thread, whatever. It neither excites me or offends my sensibilities.

Toast
Dec 7, 2002

GoonsWithSpoons.com :chef:Generalissimo:chef:

mich posted:

It's a silly thread, whatever. It neither excites me or offends my sensibilities.

Nor mine, I don't understand how we're all elitist food nazis for not thinking it's the second coming of jesus though.

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime

Scientastic posted:

That thread has been shite since its inception, but it would have died a death eventually if people had left it alone. The standard "vote 1 and move on" should apply.

Same for poor thread IMO. Horrible troll pits.

Happy Abobo
Jun 21, 2007

Looks tastier, anyway.
It's a fun thread with goofy posts and a narrow focus. It'll either adapt, or stagnate and die. I don't see any reason start poo poo in it.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I think it's a dogshit thread but if you're going to go in there and ruin their fun maybe go in and show them how it's done.

Cook chicken thighs without overcrowding. Make a constructed cheese. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
can we have a coalition of the willing who will agree never to post in the chickencheese thread again?

you know, it's totally not a big deal or anything, but I think anyone who posts in there from this point onward is goin on mah axis 'o evil list. :clint: