Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, that's what I figured too but I looked it up in a faq and it claimed that it is indeed supposed to open.
I could only get it to open by crouching in front of it and looking at a very specific spot on the front side, but it does indeed open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Any bandit anywhere counts towards the total. Same for any of those quests. I finished the kill stalkers for Hammerlock quest in the DLC, in fact. So it's not really a big deal if you run out of maniacs in that area (I think only 15 spawn there).

If you have real trouble with it you can just go to a lower level area and slaughter the bandits there.

Of course I always do that to finish off the mission. I just think all 25 should spawn in the same area and I wouldn't be surprised if this was a mistake.

Is there any way to fix the Animal Rescue: Food glitch? I didn't accept the mission when it was first offered on TVH with Zer0 because he was already level 50 and didn't need the XP, and now not only can I not get the mission from Dukino, the game now has every rabid skag on that file carry the mission.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well that sounds like a really weird glitch right there. I can't say that has happened to me. I skipped Dukino on the way to 50 and he was still there and ready to be fed when I got back to Lynchwood later.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Flippery posted:

Does that sounds like it might work? I am really keen to get on with some of the side quests I banked up along the way...
It does sound like that's a suitable fix for that bug.

Halcyon
Oct 23, 2004
I was just trying to contribute
so any kind goon dupe me a CC and Bee?
GT: df4n

edit: also a legendary commando mod?

Halcyon fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Nov 2, 2012

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

So help me out here, I'm playing a 47 Siren and I'm at the part in TVHM where you fight Bloodwing. I can get it down to about 60%, but every time the drat thing Divebombs or attacks, it one shots me (or leaves me with like ~1000HP), and Sprinting when its dive bombing doesn't seem to get me away fast enough to avoid the damage. Phaselocking it only does the spike damage, and I always seem to have no other enemies to kill to get a Second Wind going. My friends have all already moved on to some other game, and I'm stuck doing this solo. Is there a better strategy to doing this fight? Or do i just need to find someone to help me out?

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Is there any word of SHIFT keys this weekend?

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

TheTofuShop posted:

So help me out here, I'm playing a 47 Siren and I'm at the part in TVHM where you fight Bloodwing. I can get it down to about 60%, but every time the drat thing Divebombs or attacks, it one shots me (or leaves me with like ~1000HP), and Sprinting when its dive bombing doesn't seem to get me away fast enough to avoid the damage. Phaselocking it only does the spike damage, and I always seem to have no other enemies to kill to get a Second Wind going. My friends have all already moved on to some other game, and I'm stuck doing this solo. Is there a better strategy to doing this fight? Or do i just need to find someone to help me out?

If you get him to dive near the middle of the zone you can run and jump on the supply boxes around a little corner. That will shield you from the blast. Its not full proof and I must have died 30 times getting past him, but that's what eventually worked for me

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

TheTofuShop posted:

I'm a level 44 gunzerker and I have a window of time between 6 and 8 PM US central if you want help. I might be too low but I'm willing to give it a try and I'm brawn spec so I at least don't die easily.

Xbox name x guard86 (there is a space between the x and the g)

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Day 3 of farming a CC. At least I've been burning through a bunch of albums I wanted to listen to.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Just dupe it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

TheTofuShop posted:

I might not be much help either (Siren @ Lv 40 with no legendaries) but I could respec into the healer tree if you think another body will help. GT is same as my screen name here if you're interested.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

You goons are too kind, but unfortunately I'm on PS3.

I'll try out hiding behind the boxes when I get off work later today, though.

WeakLad
Aug 30, 2008

I have a question about the treasure room glitch.

People are saying you can do it even after you turn in the quest, but how the hell are you supposed to get into that room? I thought you had to get swallowed by leviathan to get to that location?

Am I hosed if I did the quest the second time?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

WeakLad posted:

People are saying you can do it even after you turn in the quest, but how the hell are you supposed to get into that room? I thought you had to get swallowed by leviathan to get to that location?

I haven't yet done it myself, but I believe you should be able to get back in there through the path in Oasis, the same way you exited.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

WeakLad posted:

There is a doorway in the city of Oasis to get back in there, where I imagine you go through when exiting the area in the first place.

I still haven't been able to get the jumping thing down doing the glitch, maybe Gildersneeze's video will help if he posts one.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
Anyone experience a glitch after finishing the main quest that causes huge lag at vending machines?

Illumination
Jan 26, 2009

TheTofuShop posted:

I beat this last night as a level 44 siren and I wish I could give some specific tactics but I honestly don't really know how I did it. Sometimes I'd get one-shotted, other times it would just knock out my shields, sometimes I wouldn't get hurt at all. Lots of running around and jumping and not staying out in the open for too long. It took me 4 or 5 tries.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I beat TVHM Bloodwing only because I had a huge gently caress off rocket launcher and got lucky hitting one of the bird-projectile things she spawns, which count for FFYL revives.

Draile posted:

Anyone experience a glitch after finishing the main quest that causes huge lag at vending machines?

I have, but it went away after restarting.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 2, 2012

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Kristy Pitchford posted:

I am going to post 3 Golden Key cards because its Friday and I can. Single use codes, one for each platform. Hope someone gets an orange! :)

This was retweeted by Randy about 7 hours ago. I thought the chest just gave purples?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
What are the codes?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Nothing yet except an announcement about some Claptrap youtubes coming soon.

Aw, she was just posting single use pics of codes. Redeeming one of these would be pretty drat random.

Kristy Pitchford posted:

Gearbox had an 11 yr old from Make a Wish today at the studio and he got to add some stuff to A:CM and be added as a developer. So awesome!

:3:

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 3, 2012

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
Anyone willing to help me boost my siren, add me or message me on xbox. I'm bored as hell.

xbox: bunnysplits

I can share some fun loot from my main 50.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Feb 19, 2014

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
gently caress the TVHM Gluttonous Thresher on solo.

That is all.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 19, 2014

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

Smokey posted:

Thanks dude. sorry no mic

No worries, I'll follow you around with my level 4 siren now. Thanks!

dpush
Nov 10, 2009
I got to hear a psycho reciting Hamlet last night. All of shakespear should be experienced this way. I added some GTs from the thread and if anybody wants to add me I'm DPush on xbox.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

dpush posted:

I got to hear a psycho reciting Hamlet last night. All of shakespear should be experienced this way. I added some GTs from the thread and if anybody wants to add me I'm DPush on xbox.

Added, accept and lets do dumb poo poo, gear you out, and have some fun.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Is it possible to split screen with your own account so you can boost your own characters or let someone play one of your guys? I remember once joining a friend's game and they had their tag and then "tag name[1]" for the other guy. How does that work?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Going to start adding names myself. Looking to get into a 4-player game at some point. Currently have a 42 Siren (TVHM), 16 Mechromancer, 9 Commando, and 7 Gunzerker (who isn't even off the Southern Shelf yet). I don't have an assassin because I haven't gotten the knack of his Deception ability yet. Have no problem starting a new character either.

GT is ShadowedFlames

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Sleekly posted:

Nothing yet except an announcement about some Claptrap youtubes coming soon.

Aw, she was just posting single use pics of codes. Redeeming one of these would be pretty drat random.

:3:

What gets me is that this was probably redeemed before Randy Pitchford retweeted it on his account

dpush
Nov 10, 2009

Splits posted:

Added, accept and lets do dumb poo poo, gear you out, and have some fun.

Sounds good but it's going to have to be tomorrow. I got called into work.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Good Dog posted:

There is a doorway in the city of Oasis to get back in there, where I imagine you go through when exiting the area in the first place.

I still haven't been able to get the jumping thing down doing the glitch, maybe Gildersneeze's video will help if he posts one.
Just got in from work and got all my gear together only to find out one of my audio cables is too drat short so I'm having to re-arrange my setup. Once I've got that all set it shouldn't take too long to get a capture. The long part is the edit/adding text/masks to show you what's going on, then uploading it to my webhosting.

Wouldn't count on tonight, but hopefully by tomorrow night we'll be in business.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

abaddonis posted:

What gets me is that this was probably redeemed before Randy Pitchford retweeted it on his account

Yeah it does seem pointless. Got her a lot of followers though, maybe that was the point?

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Lotish posted:

Is it possible to split screen with your own account so you can boost your own characters or let someone play one of your guys? I remember once joining a friend's game and they had their tag and then "tag name[1]" for the other guy. How does that work?

To expand on this question, is it possible to have someone use an extra profile on my xbox and play split screen that way and have the character saved? My girlfriend and I tried to do this on her ps3 copy of Borderlands and it just erased my new guy after we finished playing.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

To expand on this question, is it possible to have someone use an extra profile on my xbox and play split screen that way and have the character saved? My girlfriend and I tried to do this on her ps3 copy of Borderlands and it just erased my new guy after we finished playing.
I did this last night on PS3 and it worked just fine for me. I created a level 1 assassin then started a new game with a level 50 mechromancer and joined the game with the assassin on a second controller and boosted him from there and it worked fine.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Splits, if I'd have known you were going to hop in earlier, I'd have swapped back to my Siren. I was just getting my Zerker to Sanctuary when you joined in; didn't realize you were going to come in with a maxed Paige that would have fit better in TVHM.

My bad, sir.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.
Sorry if I drove you away from my game earlier Bunnysplits (I'm Ethel Merman on Xbox). We are having a hard time with the end game at the moment, mostly because my friends and I were underleveled for the quests we were doing. I didn't want you having to go through dying repeatedly with your low lvl siren. We were doing plenty of dying before you joined with our lovely weapons :). If you still want your siren leveled up, I might be able to Fleshstick boost her after I finish TVHM, which should be sometime this weekend. I'll need some better weapons first too, but hopefully I can manage that as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Update on video: Capture done, now currently overproducing the gently caress out of it for practice with After Effects. I'm also having fun with Salvador audio clips, some of which I've never heard before. Maybe the 360 version had to cut a few?

• Locked thread