Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

I have the worst luck possible with any game that contains super rare/legendary type loot. So, anyone got a Bee and a purple or better zerker mod they can dupe me?

Xbox GT is kalamaf

I managed to snag a shock CC from someone the other day that I can share.

edit: thanks bunny, that's some crazy gear! (still no zerker mod though, heh, anyone got one?

kalamaf fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Nov 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Danger - Octopus! posted:

If you use Thoughtlock, do you get XP for the enemies your new buddy kills?

I know Goliaths still chew up the XP and add it to their own, but I'm not sure about other enemies.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Riding on this topic, can you only repeat this quest once? I did it twice and now it doesn't show up anywhere.

You can only get into te treasure room by legitimate means twice. The 2nd quest will show up as "treasure of the sands"

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
After some extensive testing with the Skullmasher I can safely say that it sucks compared to the first game. The accuracy is really iffy even with a ton of accuracy boosting skills. For some stupid reason they made the shots spread the farther away you are and even aiming dead center on a crit spot won't activate unless you're practically at shotgun range. I was so disappointed since it was my favorite gun in the first game and you can actually snipe with it. I highly suggest going for the Lyuda since it's by far the best sniper rifle I've found and it doesn't require slogging through an entire loving area for it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The sheer amount of bullshit deaths in this game is starting to wear on my nerves. In TVHM, I just completed the defend the beacon mission. It tells me to quickly run to the travel station and warp to Sanctuary. The game continues spawning bots so I run over there, select Sanctuary as I'm getting blown to bits and...

"Fast travel canceled, Player 1 is saving." And I immediately die. gently caress that poo poo :mad:

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The fact that fast travel points are also save points was a hilariously poor design decision and has hosed me over countless times also.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Anyone on PS3 feeling generous enough to dupe some oranges for me? I've been trying to farm but all I've managed to accomplish is lose my bad as ranks and custom skins/heads somehow :-(

I spent two hours farming the treasure room and only got like 3 lame legendarys

Psn is Starret.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

The Rokstar posted:

The fact that fast travel points are also save points was a hilariously poor design decision and has hosed me over countless times also.

Yeah that's my only real gripe about this game. It make multi player travelling a bitch too as people just tend to follow the leader so when one save is done another player triggers it off.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's also real loving dumb that they took out respeccing from fast travel points but they at least addressed it somewhat in the dlc.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Starrett posted:

You're way ahead of me on that count. I put in about five hours without a single legendary and only one thing worth picking up the entire time. I'd rather just farm the items I want straight up, finding the spot to do the jump is incredibly tedious compared to bursting down The Warrior/whatever in one clip.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

BGrifter posted:

You're way ahead of me on that count. I put in about five hours without a single legendary and only one thing worth picking up the entire time. I'd rather just farm the items I want straight up, finding the spot to do the jump is incredibly tedious compared to bursting down The Warrior/whatever in one clip.

I did it the other way. After killing him I didn't enter the room. I killed myself and then brought an alt with me and let them enter it. You can do that easier and as much as you want

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to be very sad when they fix the Evil Smasher glitch. It's hilarious how quickly things fall with that.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Quick question about Borderlands 1, since that thread has been archived:

If I want to skip side-quests until I'm done PT2 and DLC2 in order to get the best possible loot from them, do I need to avoid initiating the quest entirely, or can I talk to the quest-giver and just leave it in my mission log?

I tried googling and checking some message boards (while avoiding BL2 info) and I can't quite find a definitive answer. I just want Claptrap to stop hounding me about bounty board updates. =/

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Edit: Disregard, BL1 is not BL2.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

kalensc posted:

Quick question about Borderlands 1, since that thread has been archived:

If I want to skip side-quests until I'm done PT2 and DLC2 in order to get the best possible loot from them, do I need to avoid initiating the quest entirely, or can I talk to the quest-giver and just leave it in my mission log?

I tried googling and checking some message boards (while avoiding BL2 info) and I can't quite find a definitive answer. I just want Claptrap to stop hounding me about bounty board updates. =/
Pretty sure the level is pegged when you get the quest, so don't talk to quest-givers or quest boards at all.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Cocoa Crispies is correct. When you talk to a quest-giver, you'll see that the quests they're offering have a level listed in the bottom left of the screen. If you accept the quest, the quest stays at that level, even if you don't. You need to avoid accepting the sidequests until after you have beaten the main story on PT2.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Okay, I've killed The Warrior probably 40+ times on TVHM and haven't seen a single Legendary drop. The run only takes a couple of minutes (The Bee plus a high ROF pistol or AR makes the fight trivial), but I'm ready to stop.

Does anyone have a decent level 50 Conference Call they can dupe for me? I would really appreciate it. I'm on Xbox.

My gamertag is WhiteH0wler (with a zero), and I should be around most of today.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

Okay, I've killed The Warrior probably 40+ times on TVHM and haven't seen a single Legendary drop. The run only takes a couple of minutes (The Bee plus a high ROF pistol or AR makes the fight trivial), but I'm ready to stop.

Does anyone have a decent level 50 Conference Call they can dupe for me? I would really appreciate it. I'm on Xbox.

My gamertag is WhiteH0wler (with a zero), and I should be around most of today.

Sent you a friend request. Wouldn't mind to get some more goons together to trade or farm some lvl 50 stuff. GT is lblitzer

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

The Berzerker posted:

Cocoa Crispies is correct. When you talk to a quest-giver, you'll see that the quests they're offering have a level listed in the bottom left of the screen. If you accept the quest, the quest stays at that level, even if you don't. You need to avoid accepting the sidequests until after you have beaten the main story on PT2.

Even if you refuse the quest, once it's been "seen" the level is locked.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Can we stop spoiling the name of the final boss, yet?

I mean Borderlands storytelling isn't exactly known for its subtlety.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I'm boosting someone with a level 52 flesh stick, if anyone wants to get a quick 50. Just add me, I have one more slot.

xbox: bunnysplits

Ragnarak
Jun 17, 2003
A few questions about end of DLC loot

Should I expect some decent loot from killing the leviathan or the treasure room? From what I could tell the leviathan didn't drop anything and the treasure room chests mainly contained crappy blue items with 1 purple that wasn't great. Is that bad luck or normal?

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Splits posted:

I'm boosting someone with a level 52 flesh stick, if anyone wants to get a quick 50. Just add me, I have one more slot.

adding you, Clemen69

connection keeps failing :(

Wish i could boost my own characters, I have a lvl 50 zero.

ClemenSalad fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 12, 2012

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Splits posted:

Adding you, lol speedboat.

Twiin
Nov 11, 2003

King of Suck!

The Berzerker posted:

Does this mean that if I have joined a bunch of public servers and played whatever side missions they happened to be playing on PT2 that I have hosed myself over and need to start over with a new character if I want to play those at level 50 later?

Sr. Wiggles
May 5, 2008

Ragnarak posted:

A few questions about end of DLC loot

Should I expect some decent loot from killing the leviathan or the treasure room? From what I could tell the leviathan didn't drop anything and the treasure room chests mainly contained crappy blue items with 1 purple that wasn't great. Is that bad luck or normal?

bad luck... i've used that glitch to re-enter the treasure room a few times and have acquired like 5 or 6 orange items and a shitload of purple.

Orange stuff is of course mega rare still, but i constantly came across decent purple items while farming it.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax
Can anyone else lvl 50 boost with me?

Feel free to add me Clemen69

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.
Does anyone have a fire/corrosive CC and/or an Impaler that they wouldn't mind duping for me? I have shock & slag CC's, all of the Terra class mods, a Slagga, a Babymaker, a few Infinity's and some other legendary shields/weapons if you'd like something duped in return. My gamertag is Ethel Merman and I'll be on this evening.

Poala Bear
Jan 25, 2007

spamhead80 posted:

Does anyone have a fire/corrosive CC and/or an Impaler that they wouldn't mind duping for me? I have shock & slag CC's, all of the Terra class mods, a Slagga, a Babymaker, a few Infinity's and some other legendary shields/weapons if you'd like something duped in return. My gamertag is Ethel Merman and I'll be on this evening.

I have both fire and corrosive! I'd love a slag CC, baby maker, and infinity pistols. GT is hushi907. I should be on, just shoot me a message.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Oops, so I should avoid doing any side-quests at all until much later?

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Poala Bear posted:

I have both fire and corrosive! I'd love a slag CC, baby maker, and infinity pistols. GT is hushi907. I should be on, just shoot me a message.

I sent you a friend request. If for some reason I'm playing Halo 4, just send me a message when you are online and I'll hop over to Borderlands.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Pretty sure the level is pegged when you get the quest, so don't talk to quest-givers or quest boards at all.

The Berzerker posted:

Mokinokaro posted:

Even if you refuse the quest, once it's been "seen" the level is locked.

Thanks for all the help!

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".

Starrett posted:

Anyone on PS3 feeling generous enough to dupe some oranges for me? I've been trying to farm but all I've managed to accomplish is lose my bad as ranks and custom skins/heads somehow :-(

Psn is Starret.

Which legendaries are you looking for? I haven't had much luck getting them but I do have a lvl 50 Bee and lvl 50 CC.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I feel like I'm starting to burn out on this game a bit. :(

I'm level 50, almost done with TVHM, almost done with all the DLC content. Friends and I have beaten Terramorphous (although not Master Gee), and duped legendaries have basically trivialized any content. I'm not sure what else there is really to do other than keep looking for rare/silly stuff and I have better things to be doing. I suppose I could start a new run but its sorta lost its appeal.

All in all, amazing game, totally worth it, and will be worth revisiting I think when all the DLC is out.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

a shameful boehner posted:

I feel like I'm starting to burn out on this game a bit. :(

I'm level 50, almost done with TVHM, almost done with all the DLC content. Friends and I have beaten Terramorphous (although not Master Gee), and duped legendaries have basically trivialized any content. I'm not sure what else there is really to do other than keep looking for rare/silly stuff and I have better things to be doing. I suppose I could start a new run but its sorta lost its appeal.

All in all, amazing game, totally worth it, and will be worth revisiting I think when all the DLC is out.

Yea I just can't do duping because I know I'll never pick up the game again.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Ditto. Nothing against people who dupe but having cravings for loot and earning/finding/buying it myself is one of the main motivations for me to get out there and shoot poo poo.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity

absolomb posted:

Which legendaries are you looking for? I haven't had much luck getting them but I do have a lvl 50 Bee and lvl 50 CC.

Some nice dude gave me pretty much all i need to get going. some cc's a bee and a terramorph relic. i am still wanting an infinity pistol but i am gonna try to farm that out.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Good loving luck. I've been at it for about 300 kills now and nothing but at least I've gotten to the point where I can just use the geyser to launch my rear end right next to where Doc Mercy spawns and not have to deal with all the skags, rakks and bandits on the way. I'll add you so I can toss all the legendaries I've gotten from the treasure room to save you some grief.

Smokey
Feb 8, 2008
empty

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
Stuck on the warrior in TVHM. Anyone mind dropping off a Conf Call or whatever else I'd need to beat him? Getting sick of 15 minute fights and dying when out of ammo.

GT: jbusby27

• Locked thread