Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

fudsaf posted:

Then I did something I'm not ashamed of at all. I made up a board game that was basically a rip-off of Tiddlywinks, where I drew maps and you had to land the little plastic coins on different areas to win a certain amount of points. I called the game Columbutt, after Columbus, but with a butt. Butts are universally, infinitely funny.
Anytime I'm programming and I need to make some kind of dummy output for debugging it ends up involving the word butt (or something similarly juvenile if I've already used butt). The absolute best is if I just need to check accessing a file, because I get to run the command "touch butts". I program for a living, so far I have managed to avoid accidentally submitting code with these lines left in.

Nerdier things in my life:
I have a tattoo of the rune of torment from Planescape Torment.
My freshman year roommate played Diablo 2 a lot. I used to troll him in real life by running a pindlebot and showing him all the great loot I got by not even playing the game.
I logged an obscene amount of hours in Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot. I profited in the end by selling the accounts but I would've made way more and probably had more fun working a real job.
I used to moderate a videogames forum but had to quit when I went to college because I didn't want to be as big of a nerd.
In highschool I had to give a twenty minute oral presentation in Spanish. Luckily it was only in front of the teacher because I had just read Romance of the Three Kingdoms and did it on that. I can only assume peppering my Spanish with incomprehensible Chinese names disguised any errors because I did pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Das Boo posted:

- Amassed a collection of some 500 volumes of manga.

:psyduck:

Okay, I know that I am on record in this thread of having defended people collecting manga, but that is way too much drat manga. Jesus dude. Were you collecting every single volume of Bleach, Naruto and One Piece? At like $7-10 a volume that's gotta be at least $5000 if you include tax.

Though if you get 'em used or as free donations, it can be pretty super cheap. I once volunteered at a library used book store and lucked into getting 26 volumes of Hunter X Hunter for free. :smug:

EDIT: Contribution -- I used to pretend I was a robot sometimes, even up till the age of like 13-14. Back then I would even dream of digitizing my brain someday and living forever as a perfect, logical machine.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 15, 2012

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Cuckoo posted:

- had a massive collection of pokemon cards. All of the holograms got their own little card plastic seal case thing, a habit which I am so thankful for today. You wouldn't believe the price of a 1st edition Charizard on eBay right now!  I'm going to cash that poo poo in so hard :woop:

When I was a kid Charizard went for like $120. I just checked on eBay and saw a certified mint-condition Charizard that went for $3000. That's not quite Magic: The Gathering levels (a mint Black Lotus once went for $22,000) but it's pretty nuts. I suggest getting your Charizard PSA graded before selling it, seems to add at least $100 to its value.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

electricsugar posted:

I also met my first ever girlfriend off of ICQ :smith:

I used to meet girls all of the time on ICQ. I still know a few that I met. I think I was in grade 8 when I started doing it but grade 9 was where it was one of the only ways to meet people from different high schools.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
A friend and I spent the evening working out with personality types Star Trek crew members are.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I was also into Lord of the Rings big-time between the age of 13 and 16, the problem was the movies hadn't come out and it was just me and a few other super-nerds who were into it. I walked around school and demanded that people refer to me as Lord Sauron and I even wrote "Sauron" next to my name on all of the papers I submitted in class. I dressed horribly and wore this grey coat which I called my "Monochromatic Nightmare Cloak". I hung out by the drinking machines and tried to look either menacing or mysterious, I really spent most of my time gawking at girls and shoving empty drinking bottles back up the drinking machines, which caused the machine to clog up whenever someone purchased a drink afterwards.

Needless to say I had issues and got into a lot of trouble at school, not to mention I was going crazy because the girls ignored me and so I just did even weirder poo poo to get their attention. One day I saw an episode of King of the Hill where Dale Gribble admitted that he had social anxiety disorder as a kid and started eating bugs to get people's attention; hearing him say "Just because you have their attention doesn't mean you have their respect" to Bill touched the right nerve and made me realize how ridiculous of a person I was.

I never received therapy but somehow slowly managed to turn into a responsible adult with the help of books, Internet forums a couple failed relationships and now my wife. Parents were never much help with the social anxiety problems but I owe them a lot too I suppose. I really am a very lucky individual.

I still like Lord of the Rings and I am eagerly anticipating The Hobbit but I don't plan to go to work dressed like a Ringwraith in the near future.

quote:

I preceded to spend the next 20 minutes lecturing these poor (and hot, did I say that already?) girls on intricate details of Elvish culture, language and orthography. I'm pretty sure on some level I was convinced that my fantasy knowledge was arousing the both of them.

Hhahahaha what a loser, no seriously I thought I was a total badass when I told a girl to call me Sauron.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Nov 15, 2012

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I used to make my own large math problems in Middle School and solve them for fun.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

DrSunshine posted:

:psyduck:

Okay, I know that I am on record in this thread of having defended people collecting manga, but that is way too much drat manga.

I have pretty much the entire Naoki Urusawa collection, if that helps to explain anything. And I still like his stuff. :v:
No Bleach or One Piece. I'm ashamed to admit I have the first ten volumes of Naruto, though. As for how I got them, some were gifts, most were discount and a lot were my sister's. Nothing as good as your deal, though. (Holy crap.) I was just a spoiled nerd brat.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Das Boo posted:

I have pretty much the entire Naoki Urusawa collection, if that helps to explain anything. And I still like his stuff. :v:

Good taste! 20th Century Boys and Monster were amazing, and Viz did a great job with the translations and the nice paper they printed them on. Consider my aghast :psyduck: officially rescinded.

fail baku
Aug 6, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Nerdiest thing I guess.... I started learning Japanese just so I could play Final Fantasy V on ZSNES (or whatever the emulator was).... this was many many years ago, before translation patches/Neo Demiforce.
Funny enough, since then I've become more or less fluent in the language and I've played many JRPG's... read Japanese manga... and watch anime without subtitles... but I still haven't gotten around to Final Fantasy V.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

DrSunshine posted:

Good taste! 20th Century Boys and Monster were amazing, and Viz did a great job with the translations and the nice paper they printed them on. Consider my aghast :psyduck: officially rescinded.

:woop: He draws beautifully and I love the way he writes his characters. Those are pretty well the only ones I'll open up and actually read anymore.

Another nail in the coffin, though! I purposely seek out the most infamous issues of Marvel titles. The only arc of Spider-Man I've ever read was the one where he turned into a spider and birthed himself because organic web shooters.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

-I own about £2000 worth of 40k models and I'm genuinely considering quitting it.
-I couldn't even guess how much I've spent on video games since my childhood.
-Was crazy introverted all the way through school, and would still consider myself on the introverted end of normal.

asciidic
Aug 19, 2005

lord of the valves

electricsugar posted:

I actually drew a dot on my CRT monitor with a permanent marker so I could noscope without the crosshairs.

:hfive:

Also spent way too much money because I had to try all the mice and mousepads. And I bought an expensive USB headset because some LAN center PCs used onboard sound and I was sure I'd miss footsteps with that poo poo. While at work I would play flash games that helped with reaction time and accuracy. I'd show off my quick reactions every chance I got. Man, those people in traffic were most definitely like drat that guy took off the instant that light turned green he must be cal-i as gently caress.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I told sweet stories about how I killed some guy in starwars galaxies when I was a teenager during a job interview for gamestop.

They didn't hire me :smithicide:

Starbux
Jul 25, 2009

The Three Smugmigos
:smug::hf::mmmsmug::hf::smug:

Chiba City Blues posted:

I skipped out on prom to play Starcraft with my long-distance/internet boyfriend. :negative:

Still better than prom.

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
My mother bought me a fancy digital typewriter for my 6th birthday. (1987)

I would spend hours in my room typing up imaginary playthroughs of Zork (which I was allowed to play at school, amazingly; it was a Montessori school and Zork was considered a reading exercise :woop:.) I had probably the first half of that game memorized.

Doctor Tupac
Oct 9, 2012

by T. Finninho
Before I turned 21, I didn't really know how to approach women. I thought it was much more complicated than it actually is. Even worse, I was utterly clueless as to how to get a woman to have sex with me. Because of this, pretty much every occasion where I could have gotten a date or gotten laid I managed to gently caress up. I lost my virginity because the girl basically jumped on me and told me to stop being a pussy.

But there is one scenario that sticks out in my mind the most, because of how unfathomably clueless I was.

I met an Australian girl my sophomore year of college and was completed infatuated with her. She was tall, blonde, incredibly attractive, had a great, sarcastic sense of humor and was a talented actress. We went on a few dates, but it never really lead anywhere. She would tell me she just didn't want to have a serious thing because she wanted to focus on her career. But I didn't let that stop me because I was stupid like that.

One day she was talking about how much she wanted to get out of the city for a while and relax. I offered to bring her to my house in the suburbs and we could go to the beach and hang out. She took me up on it.

We get there and my friend tells me he's having a party that night, so we go over there. We have a drink or two, and then she mentions that she'd like to watch a movie. "Well, we can go back to my place if you'd like". Her eyes light up, and she says with a bit of excitement, "oh yes, that sounds great!"

So we get back to my house, and we chat for a bit. And then she lays down on the couch. I say that I'd like to lay down too, I don't remember why. She says, "well, you can lay on top of me if you'd like."

So I do.

And then proceed to do absolutely nothing. I don't try to kiss her, I don't do anything. My heart is beating so fast that even she notices it. I make a joke about it, she gives a half hearted smile.

"I think I'm going to go to bed."

"Ok :smith:"

I still hate myself for that.

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
I drew the mercury symbol on every high school test and assignment because Sailor Mercury is smart and good at tests and I was invoking her smartness.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
I cast Starcraft 2 several days a week for up to 4 hours at a time in mini King of the Hill tournaments.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
This thread keeps on giving; I remember more and more things about myself I wish I had forgotten.

When I was in middle school I internet roleplayed a Sailor Moon spinoff with another dude. In my defense, he introduced me to my first girlfriend.

My Steam friends come to me often with pressing questions about werewolves and vampires because I played Apocalypse and Masquerade obsessively through high school and college.

I open-hand struck another student early on in high school (we would be best friends for the next four years) for implying that EverQuest dark elves were "lame."

You never slap a man.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

ellbent posted:

You never slap a man.

Doesn't sound like you did.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
At age 13 I repeatedly tried to walk up a wall because I saw it in an anime.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I refereed pokemon battles on a forum when I was in high school. I had to apply for the "job" in what I recall was a lengthy process. Two people would pit their pokemon against each other, I would come up with an arena, they'd each give three turns worth of moves, and I would write a few paragraphs describing how things would progress. I think I earned points that went toward buying pokemon of my own or something, I can't remember. I was really into it.

Y'know that thing that happens in cartoony anime where some spoken revelation will cause a bunch of characters to fall over or flinch as though they've been struck? I tried actually doing that in response to a neighbor while we were at a weekend party at her house. She thought I was having a stroke.

I used to get really mad playing video games. On occasion I'd gnaw on my controller for a moment to exorcise the anger.

When I was maybe 10 years old I had gotten to the end of Sonic 2 and accumulated tens and tens of extra lives because the only other time I got to the end I only a few and didn't have enough chances to figure out the last boss. For some reason I invited my dad to play (he never played anything but a little Tetris) so he could see what the end was like. He died immediately to metal Sonic and reflexively turned off the console. I actually didn't get mad, I was just shocked at how he didn't know what he had done.

In my AP chem class we had gotten into groups to quickly discuss some results after a lab and at some point I made the "yeah, whatever" jerk-off hand motion to respond to something a girl (our class president) said. She was both offended by it and embarrassed for me because I didn't think it would offend anybody.

There's plenty more but I'll finish by saying that I cracked my knuckles before typing this post.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
Heh, look at all you guys turning down dates for WoW. I turned down my WoW guild and went out for dates instead. :smug:

...but I still raid 3 nights a week. :negative:

Starbux
Jul 25, 2009

The Three Smugmigos
:smug::hf::mmmsmug::hf::smug:
I was really spergy in middle school through high school. I'm still a sperg but I keep it to a tolerable medium.

I was a fat, ponytail wielding sperglord with zero fashion sense. I wore Horde/Nintendo shirts and talked about video games all day every day. I was also terrible with girls, but managed to have a lot of female friends but never did anything with any of them.

Since then I've lost weight and became much more aware of my self appearance. Still spergy though like I said. I play eve online.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

Retail Slave posted:

I used to make my own large math problems in Middle School and solve them for fun.

gently caress I forgot about this.

We got a math book that there were problems and we picked maybe 30 out of 200 pages to work from over the course of the year. I spent the first 4 weeks of school going through all 200 pages in my math book and solving every problem during homeroom/studyhall. When people asked why, I replied "for fun".

I was also really excited at the start of every school year because I would get a fresh new history book and I couldn't wait to get home and read it cover to cover.

:allears:

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

ellbent posted:

This thread keeps on giving; I remember more and more things about myself I wish I had forgotten.

When I was in middle school I internet roleplayed a Sailor Moon spinoff with another dude. In my defense, he introduced me to my first girlfriend.

My Steam friends come to me often with pressing questions about werewolves and vampires because I played Apocalypse and Masquerade obsessively through high school and college.

I open-hand struck another student early on in high school (we would be best friends for the next four years) for implying that EverQuest dark elves were "lame."

You never slap a man.

When you talk poo poo about dark elves, all the man rules are rescinded until the conflict is concluded.

It is known.

Hex Vision
Jun 6, 2010

Game over, boys.
As a teenager, I wore a fedora, a trench coat and a cane. Sometimes even a top hat and/or a Star Trek shirt.

I'm a girl. I'm still a transvestite, but fortunately not like THAT anymore.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Dunno if this counts but when I was 15 we had AOL.
For fun I used to troll the chatrooms. Unknown to me if you got banned from the chatrooms your whole account was suspend. So one day after having already recieved two warnings I really went for winding up some guys( who in hindsight were most likely trying to"cyber" with underage girls) this then resulted in me for two odd hours abusing them and a few mods until I had turned the whole room against them, the room was then shut down and I revived a ban.
A day later my dad tried to use the computer found out the Internet wasn't working and called them up to find out why.
Cue him getting a choice transcript of all the vulgar and hateful things I'd said online that night and me having to try to explain my way out of it.

I also co-founded my schools Warhammer club which I think still exists.

There's a million more things but some are too awful to share...like the fact that teenage me had three webcam girls to jerk off with and instead of being ashamed I felt like a player.

EDIT: Oh Christ my giant collection of UFOlogy/ghost/conspiracy theory books/magazines etc that continued way too long.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 16, 2012

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
The math for fun reminded me: Whever I'm waiting, I'll pick a word from a sign or something and make anagrams out of it. This has kept me entertained for thirty minutes at a time on a single word.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
I broke up with a girl because she thought RoboCop was a lovely movie.

I've considered getting a John Cleese tattoo.

To this day, I still hum the Imperial March and pretend to use the force to open automatic doors.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hex Vision posted:

As a teenager, I wore a fedora, a trench coat and a cane. Sometimes even a top hat and/or a Star Trek shirt.

I'm a girl. I'm still a transvestite, but fortunately not like THAT anymore.

You dressed as the worst men possible. I'm almost proud of you :allears:

Oh god stop making me identify with this.

Younger me, you were so terrible at picking up such obvious signals :negative:

Radio Talmudist
Sep 29, 2008

Elephantgun posted:

gently caress I forgot about this.

We got a math book that there were problems and we picked maybe 30 out of 200 pages to work from over the course of the year. I spent the first 4 weeks of school going through all 200 pages in my math book and solving every problem during homeroom/studyhall. When people asked why, I replied "for fun".

I was also really excited at the start of every school year because I would get a fresh new history book and I couldn't wait to get home and read it cover to cover.

:allears:

To be fair, despite the cost to your social life and teenage cool factor, this is probably the best nerdy tendency to have.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Okay, who got me the milkshake and Mario Baseball avatar?

Because I love it! I don't even care if you're making fun of me for being such a huge nerd, it makes me smile every time I see it.

Hey, those were good times with good friends. :3:

Oh, yeah, and to the guy on like, page 2 or something that asked if I would post my super-rad high school self online- no. No,no,no, a million times no. I dodged that bullet while I was still in high school, and I'm not turning back now.

And, yes, I know now that Birdo is a guy, but at the time not too many people did.

For more content, I must also admit to drawing "furry" art as a kid, but it was wayyyy before I knew what furries were. I just kind of liked the idea of anthropomorphic animals. I think it's a thing that just happens if you watched cartoons in the 90s.
When I was like 9 or 10, I secretly thought that my pets might be animorphs caught in morph, so I was weird about changing clothes if they were in the room.

To dig more into the nerdiness that is 3rd wave ska, I loved Five Iron Frenzy something fierce. I know. Christian ska. I still maintain they're good musicians.
The first song our band learned to play was "Sellout" by ReelBigFish.

I still love the Protomen and the Megas. I don't care what the SA frontpage guys think, I like 'em. :colbert: (Protomen more than the Megas, though.)
I also have every Mega Man comic since it's inception, and collect NES games as a hobby. I have, however, played all the NES games I own, save for this one RPG I got for my boyfriend, and I continue to play them because they're fun.

I've called myself a "gamer" unironically more than once, both meanings of the word (tabletop games and those of the electronic variety). Oh the shame! :negative:

FakeEdit: Wait, there are people who liked math enough to make up problems to solve of their own volition?! Are you wizards?!

Downtown Abey
Feb 14, 2002

Castor Poe posted:

I broke up with a girl because she thought RoboCop was a lovely movie.

I've considered getting a John Cleese tattoo.

These two are totally legit.

I once didn't hire a dude on the basis of him bringing up in the interview that Die Hard wasn't that good of a movie, when in fact it's the greatest Christmas movie of all time.

Doctor Tupac
Oct 9, 2012

by T. Finninho

Call Me Abey posted:

I had no idea so many goons wrote fanfiction :tinfoil:

I used to write fanfiction as a preteen

Sonic The Hedgehog fanfiction :smithicide:

I Demand Food
Nov 18, 2002

Doctor Tupac posted:

Before I turned 21, I didn't really know how to approach women. I thought it was much more complicated than it actually is. Even worse, I was utterly clueless as to how to get a woman to have sex with me. Because of this, pretty much every occasion where I could have gotten a date or gotten laid I managed to gently caress up. I lost my virginity because the girl basically jumped on me and told me to stop being a pussy.

But there is one scenario that sticks out in my mind the most, because of how unfathomably clueless I was.

I met an Australian girl my sophomore year of college and was completed infatuated with her. She was tall, blonde, incredibly attractive, had a great, sarcastic sense of humor and was a talented actress. We went on a few dates, but it never really lead anywhere. She would tell me she just didn't want to have a serious thing because she wanted to focus on her career. But I didn't let that stop me because I was stupid like that.

One day she was talking about how much she wanted to get out of the city for a while and relax. I offered to bring her to my house in the suburbs and we could go to the beach and hang out. She took me up on it.

We get there and my friend tells me he's having a party that night, so we go over there. We have a drink or two, and then she mentions that she'd like to watch a movie. "Well, we can go back to my place if you'd like". Her eyes light up, and she says with a bit of excitement, "oh yes, that sounds great!"

So we get back to my house, and we chat for a bit. And then she lays down on the couch. I say that I'd like to lay down too, I don't remember why. She says, "well, you can lay on top of me if you'd like."

So I do.

And then proceed to do absolutely nothing. I don't try to kiss her, I don't do anything. My heart is beating so fast that even she notices it. I make a joke about it, she gives a half hearted smile.

"I think I'm going to go to bed."

"Ok :smith:"

I still hate myself for that.

Sup did-not-get-any-due-to-extreme-awkwardness buddy?

Oh, I have a few.

In high school:

I had a speech class and had to do a project on people's perception of art. I was pretty into Counter-Strike at the time and fairly active on the cesspool that was the Counter-Strike Official Forum's Off Topic Forum (OTF), so I turned to them for help. A moderator friend of mine kept things pretty civil and free of obscene images, but I did end up with a long essay from one fellow OTFer about how that painting was greatly inferior to goatse in composition. That was not fun to try to explain to my class. On the plus side, there was a poster named "Captain_Pissflaps" who contributed quite a bit to the thread and so I got to use his name liberally during my presentation.

I also had a trenchcoat.

In college:

I worked at Best Buy and there were these two girls who were roommates, worked at my store, and went to my school. Both of them kind of liked me and I kind of liked both of them. My present self tells me that, had I not been completely clueless, I could have easily gotten with either of them and probably would have had a threesome with them at some point.

One night, I was playing a custom game of Starcraft with friends. My supervisor at work was having a party at his place and had invited me, but I was in a clan and I had responsibilities dammit so I politely declined. Around 9 or so, my supervisor called me and told me that both of the girls were there and asking if I was going to be there. I told him I was busy and promptly went back to our game. A couple hours later, he called me back and told me that both of them "really, really wanted" me to come to the party. Again, I declined. Because, you know, there were Zerg to kill and stuff. Even my friends mocked me for that one when they found out.

A little while after that, I was hanging out with one of them around campus and she invited me back to their dorm. Her roommate was in class and wouldn't be back until a little later and so we just sat awkwardly on the beds opposite each other, but we loosened up once we started talking about what a dick our sales manager at work was. Having both agreed that he was the King of All Dicks, we lapsed into an awkward silence again. She leaned back on her bed and just kind of looked at me for a little bit. I was clueless and, feeling suffocated by my awkwardness, I said goodbye and left. On the drive home, I realized that she probably didn't invite me up to her dorm room to just talk about the failures of our leadership team at work and that, maybe, just maybe, she was dropping some hints.

I think they finally gave up on me a couple of months after that when one of them called and asked me if I would take her to a party later that day. I was scheduled to work that night, but already had a few hours of OT that my GM was bitching at me about so I figured I'd call him and see if they really needed me. He told me that it was fine and they would try to get someone else if they needed it. I called her back and told her I had the night off and she sounded pretty excited. I met up with her and she was dressed extremely sexy. We grabbed a bite to eat together and then I got a call from the sales manager asking me where the gently caress I was. I told him the GM had given me the night off because I already had a lot of OT and he told me that the GM wasn't there and neither was half my department and to get my rear end over there. I proceeded to deftly demonstrate to her that I lacked a spinal column by meekly telling the King of All Dicks that I would be there. When I got to work, we actually ended up being overstaffed because our sales manager had, in a panic, called just about everyone in so they ended up telling me to go home because I already had too much OT. I quickly called her back, but by that time, she was already on her way to the party and not interested in talking with me that night. I felt like killing someone that day.

I Demand Food fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 16, 2012

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I'll try to keep this short, and not embarrass myself too much.

Used to be really into Star Wars, to the point where I spent all my paychecks from my part-time job immediately on Star Wars books and comics. I also own two Force FX lightsabers (one of them Darth Maul's double).

At 15, was chosen as new guild leader for a relatively large guild in Star Wars Galaxies, probably because I was by far the most active player.

Me and a friend took over the Hurt & Heal forum game on a Star Wars forum we posted on, making up ridiculously complicated rules and then spending countless hours scheming to make our favorite characters win. This eventually drove away all the other people playing.

I have a manga collection of over 600 volumes.

I once spent more than $1000 on anime DVDs in a single day. That's still less than half of my anime collection.

Had a period of around two years where I would not allow myself to watch less than 50 anime episodes a week. Frequently ditched friends to watch anime. As a result, I've seen almost all anime series released in 2008.

In total, have watched a little over 4 months of anime. Started in 2006, have barely watched anything the last year and a half.

I once went to a 3-day trip to Japan to watch an anime movie on the release date.

I have over 600 hours played on Guild Wars 2, which has been out for around two and a half months now. The last few months I almost haven't been going to classes or outside the house at all. Currently on my third quitting attempt.

Shockingly, I've never had a girlfriend.

felch me daddy jr. fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 16, 2012

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
Hoo boy, okay, gently caress it.

I've always been a spergy computer nerd, and as a kid, I was insanely easy to rile up. So at one point some kids decided to piss me off by constantly saying the pentium 5 was about to come out (This was in 2000 prior to the pentium 4), which for some reason sent me into a mega-spergy nerd rage that even to this day makes me cringe.

I once chose to forgo sex so I could fix a netbook.

The worst, if it can be classed as spergy weird poo poo is the following: At a rave where I took some hallucinogens and ended up hallucinating a meme. Specifically I was being confronted by the face of that "Are you a wizard" meme. I shan't post it due to rules, but you should know it/be able to google. Drugs which help untap the deep seated potential of the human psyche and all it comes up with is internet memes :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

^^^^^ I'd pay to see someone hallucinate a meme. If it makes you feel any better, an old friend of mine hallucinated my friends were members of the cast of the original Pokemon series.

Let's see if I can narrow this down.

• When I was in elementary school, the boys would only talk to me so they could make requests for me to draw (read: trace) Pokemon out of books. Once Pokemon was uncool, I was, too.
  • I did commission work on Gaia.
  • My middle school best friend and I obsessed over Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon, frequently inventing roleplay scenarios combining the two.
  • I won a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament when I was 14. I still feel a twinge of pride when I think about it.
  • Anime. Just look at my avatar. I don't think I need to say much more.
  • Cons. Cosplay.
  • I played WoW on and off for 6 years.
  • In general, my nerdy hobbies have probably cost me (and my parents) well over $6000 over the course of my lifetime, if not more.
  • I spent most of my childhood outcasted for being a nerd. When people suddenly starting asking me on dates in my high school years, I was overwhelmed by the idea that anyone could be attracted to me. I wouldn't have let anyone date me if I had known how spergy I'd get around guys. I've learned a lot about social interaction and cues since.
  • Nowadays, my greatest offense in League of Legends. My boyfriend and I frequently sperg out and have lengthy discussions about the metagame. It's really quite tame compared to my past hobbies.

I trimmed out a lot of the worst stuff from recent years. I think I need some time to cope before I can tell my whole story. :spergin:

broken pixel fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Nov 16, 2012

• Locked thread