Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Hey, so you know those guys and gals at 2K? They loving ROCK!

They've sent us a bunch of swag to give away for our 48 Borderlands 2 marathon.

Check this poo poo out!

:siren::siren::siren:DONATE NOW TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING STUFF!:siren::siren::siren:

Donations of £5 or more will be entered into a raffle for a set of Borderlands 2 Top Trumps.

Donations of £10 or more will be entered into a raffle for 1 of 4 EXCLUSIVE Borderlands 2 T Shirts.

Donations of £20 or more will be entered into a raffle for an XBOX PAL copy of the Limited Edition Ultimate Loot Chest.

:siren::siren::siren:DONATE NOW TO BE IN WITH A CHANCE OF WINNING STUFF!:siren::siren::siren:

http://gamepocalypse.com/horde4charity/

You guys are awesome for doing this. I can't donate anything right now, but rock on!

In other charity marathon gaming news, Desert Bus for Hope 6 is going on right now. Canadian sketch comedy troupe LoadingReadyRun plays the worst game ever made, Desert Bus, 24/7 to raise money for Child's Play for as long as the donations keep coming in. Of relevance to this thread, Mikey Neumann will be calling in tomorrow at 7 PM PST to talk, and he'll also be auctioning off this prize pack that includes his personal Ultimate Loot Chest signed by the whole development team. Plus other stuff to sweeten the pot as the auction goes on--last year he was just pulling awesome stuff of his shelves because the bids went crazy high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ugh for fucks sake these DLC raid bosses. My friend and I finally take down Hyperius and decide to try Gee- after like an hour of that we quit- I come back later and say "gently caress it" and just cheese the bastard on my own. Hey guess what I got? Truckload 'o Eridium and a mess of green and white weapons and a blue shotgun. Useless. Screw farming this nonsense.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Gee is bugged to not drop Seraph Crystals. He can drop a similar amount of items compared to Terramorphous, but that's not guaranteed either.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Gee is bugged to not drop Seraph Crystals. He can drop a similar amount of items compared to Terramorphous, but that's not guaranteed either.
Supposedly the patch coming out fixes it but I haven't been following the patch news that closely.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ugh for fucks sake these DLC raid bosses. My friend and I finally take down Hyperius and decide to try Gee- after like an hour of that we quit- I come back later and say "gently caress it" and just cheese the bastard on my own. Hey guess what I got? Truckload 'o Eridium and a mess of green and white weapons and a blue shotgun. Useless. Screw farming this nonsense.

no poo poo. I thought I might be able to solo Hyperius since I can solo Terra pretty easily. I can get him down to 1/3 to 1/2 before his cheese move gets me

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I just hopped on to find out that the game did not fully recognize my beating of Control Core Angel in TVHM - I respawned in the room before hers. Anyone want to jump on and take a crack at it, add strangemobius on 360.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

abaddonis posted:

no poo poo. I thought I might be able to solo Hyperius since I can solo Terra pretty easily. I can get him down to 1/3 to 1/2 before his cheese move gets me

I wouldn't mind so much if the rewards were actually worth anything- the Seraph weapons are fun, but nothing special really. Plus you need 120 to actually buy one. I got 7 crystals when my friend and I killed Hyperius.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Monkey Fracas posted:

Why does Terra and apparently this guy drop loads of Eridium when you'll have bought all the upgrades by the time you're able to kill them?

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Draile posted:

Why does Terra and apparently this guy drop loads of Eridium when you'll have bought all the upgrades by the time you're able to kill them?

I'm guessing Eridium drops are just based on the monster's level and maybe some kind of 'boss' flag, rather than someone setting it to drop a bunch of useless bars.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

spamhead80 posted:

If I happen to pick up the siren legendary mod I'll pass it along to you, though I don't really have anyone to spawn Vermivorous with at the moment so it's probably not going to happen anytime soon. I don't have the heads either at the moment, but if I come across them I'll certainly be willing to give those to you too.

If anyone is in the mood for killing anything, like Verm for example, I'm usually on during the day all week and during the evening for at least a few hours, EST.

I'm willing to do some stuff, I usually play on Wednesdays during the day and likely will be on Monday as well.

I should also be clear that I'm willing to dupe my stuff for goons if they want em, even if you don't have heads that I'm looking for. Just want to help out.

If I'm playing COD or watching a video I won't switch over, but if you see me playing BL2 send me a message!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Draile posted:

Pitchford said that they're going to add more stuff for you to use eridium on in the future.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Pitchford said that they're going to add more stuff for you to use eridium on in the future.

It better be item slots, because gently caress only being able to carry 27 things + current equipment

Jervas Dudley
Feb 18, 2007

Bro and Maplehoof: Go beyond the impossible!
:kamina:

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Use eridium to increase the amount of eridium you can carry!

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"
:siren::siren: ONE HOUR REMAINS! DONATIONS = RAFFLE ENTRIES FOR SWAG :siren::siren:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
How the gently caress are you supposed to kill the Warrior solo in TVHM? I'm a level 49 commando and all my weapons do absolutely poo poo damage to him. This is loving infuriating.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

...! posted:

How the gently caress are you supposed to kill the Warrior solo in TVHM? I'm a level 49 commando and all my weapons do absolutely poo poo damage to him. This is loving infuriating.

The level 50 Lady Fist will do enough damage to the Warrior once you pop his chest plate weak spot that you'll stop him from using his attacks. Use an AR or SMG to pop the chest, then switch to the Lady Fist.

Otherwise, grab the biggest Hyperion shotgun you can find and drill the core.

Ornedan
Nov 4, 2009

Cybernetic Crumb
The Bee still works, for that matter. I'd recommend something like a Dahl SMG (Lascaux is good) or rifle.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Finally managed to beat hyperius and with a melee attack no less. I was chucking baby makers with another dude to great effect. Now on to Master Gee :suicide:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Anybody set up for TVHM Flesh-Stick boosting on 360 wanna help me max out my Salvador? I'm at level 41, so it shouldn't take too long.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Oh wow the Torgue DLC is looking fantastic and the vending machine sells legendaries as an item of the day every time.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

smashpro1 posted:

Anybody set up for TVHM Flesh-Stick boosting on 360 wanna help me max out my Salvador? I'm at level 41, so it shouldn't take too long.

Give me about 5 minutes to get my 360 fired up and my Siren loaded, if you haven't gotten help already. GT is same as my username here.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.
Anyone have any good advice/techniques for getting Verm to spawn? We've tried a few times and gotten up to one Ultimate Badass spawned, but we can't seem to get that jerk to evolve after that point. I know his drop rate is crappy, but I'm never going to get the legendary siren mod if I can't even get him to spawn :(.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
If you have the pirate dlc don't even bother with verm and just glitch the treasure room for it. I got the Siren, Mechromancer and Assassin legendary mod in there with little to no effort.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

I do have the pirate dlc, but I can't get the treasure room glitch to work for me (I always fall to my death during the jumping part at the very end). I'm pretty much stuck with farming Verm, I think.

Edit: Hahahhahaha, got it to work, but I finished the dlc at around 39 so everything is spawning at around that level. Yay!

spamhead80 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Nov 18, 2012

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

ShadowedFlames posted:

Give me about 5 minutes to get my 360 fired up and my Siren loaded, if you haven't gotten help already. GT is same as my username here.

Thank you, sir.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Well the one place I could think of trying to make him spawn is in caustic caverns since there's that one adult varkid flying to you at all times. I had it go up to the penultimate transformation but it stopped there so I just said gently caress it and moved on. The farmhouse in tundra express is also a good place but I've had no luck getting any past super badass let alone get there.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Marogareh posted:

The farmhouse in tundra express is also a good place but I've had no luck getting any past super badass let alone get there.

The first time I tried spawning him solo, I got to Ultimate Badass at the farmhouse, but no further.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Anyone want to help a slightly undergeared goon take on terramorphous for the first time/maybe dupe me a few legendaries on the 360? I've got the bee, but thats it. Name is Crunkjuice108 and i'm on now.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

Finally managed to beat hyperius and with a melee attack no less. I was chucking baby makers with another dude to great effect. Now on to Master Gee :suicide:

Just wait until the game freezes up when you kill him! His fight is so incredibly stupid. Kill worms, guide him through center of worm acid blood three or four times so his shields start dropping, hide behind rock by entrance, go make sandwich or post on the internet, swear at console when he dies and game locks up.

:suicide:

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

Marogareh posted:

Oh wow the Torgue DLC is looking fantastic and the vending machine sells legendaries as an item of the day every time.

How do you know this, is there a video preview out yet?

The drop rate on legendaries is the only thing that properly pisses me off about this game. The combined legendary rate between all my characters (Salvador PT1 & PT2, Axton PT1, Maya PT1 & PT2) is 6. That's pathetic. My friends play on 360 whereas I play on PS3 so I can't use co-op to boost it. I don't like playing with non-friends as I don't use a mic so it's not as fun.

If they only do one more thing to this game, I hope they significantly increase the drop rate for legendaries.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It was on a related vid that I stumbled upon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJiQuQjfH8w

Mr. Torge is loving great.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

If you have the pirate dlc don't even bother with verm and just glitch the treasure room for it. I got the Siren, Mechromancer and Assassin legendary mod in there with little to no effort.

I've been trying to spawn Verm for the past few days. It's good to know there is an easier way to get them. I was curious if they would drop there too. Since the bee is getting nerfed, what other shields are worth a drat? Also, do you think it is possible to get the Blood of Terra relic from the treasure room as well?

kim jong-illin posted:

How do you know this, is there a video preview out yet?

The drop rate on legendaries is the only thing that properly pisses me off about this game. The combined legendary rate between all my characters (Salvador PT1 & PT2, Axton PT1, Maya PT1 & PT2) is 6. That's pathetic. My friends play on 360 whereas I play on PS3 so I can't use co-op to boost it. I don't like playing with non-friends as I don't use a mic so it's not as fun.

If they only do one more thing to this game, I hope they significantly increase the drop rate for legendaries.

No poo poo. I've gotten more Orange drops from the treasure room then from bosses.

From the treasure room, I've gotten a:
Skullmasher
2 Conference Calls
2 Deliverances
Babymaker
Stormfront (seriously, who thought this was a good name?)

I've gotten the following to drop from bosses
Lyuda
Conference Call
Some pink unicorn skin for Zero
Bee Shield
A bunch of Terra class mods, but those are a guaranteed orange drop.

I'm sure I could get a Slagga at some point, as you spawn close to a catch a ride in the Dust and its a 10-15 second drive to kill the Hodunks. The Infinity pistol eludes me because it's such a pain in the rear end to keep reloading, and the same thing applies to try and get the Bonus package from Boom and Bewm. I can't get a Maggie (Legitly) because I chose to side with the Zafords. More often than not, it's a pain in the rear end to try and farm some of these bosses because of the trek to get to them, and it's going to be an even larger PITA with the bee shield nerf. However, I wonder if the Sandhawk is going to be captured in the nerf. It shoots 7 or 8 rounds at a time, but doesn't officially show that on the stat card. Farming Terra is much easier than with a CC.

If anyone wants to help out, I'll be on at 8pm EST. PSN is abaddonis. I'm really interested in a Hide of Terra, Maggie, Bonus Package, Infinity, Norfleet, Hellfire, and Blood of Terra.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
What I really want to know is of they're ever going to nerf the Evil Smasher/fix its crazy glitch. I did it yesterday by accident and obliterated the Warrior in approximately 3 seconds with a Lady Fist, it's loving crazy.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

abaddonis posted:

Stormfront (seriously, who thought this was a good name?)
They probably should have put a space in, but I'm reasonably sure they're referring to "the leading edge of a dangerous weather pattern," not "a bunch of shithead Neo-Nazis".

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I'm nearly level 50 and I've never seen a single purple or orange relic. Where dey be at?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp
Never seen an orange relic. I've found a bunch of purples in chests, mostly in the chests in the Treasure Room, but I've run across a few in chests out in the wild.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Only orange relic I've seen is Breath or Terra (0.5% health regen/sec). Seen a couple purples (Moxxi's Endowment comes to mind), but that's about the extent of it.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

They probably should have put a space in, but I'm reasonably sure they're referring to "the leading edge of a dangerous weather pattern," not "a bunch of shithead Neo-Nazis".
There is a space, actually. http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Storm_Front

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

So, in my quest for the legendary siren mod, I managed to do the treasure room glitch properly (thanks very much Gildersneeze for your lovely tutorial on that). However, since I went through the dlc for the first time early on in playthrough 2, everything spawns at level 39. Should I just go ahead and assume that I'm stuck with this and go back to banging my head against the Tundra Express Farmhouse until I can get stupid Vermivorous to spawn?

Thanks for all of the answers/suggestions so far, by the way. I knew I should have waited until 50 to play the dlc though :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

abaddonis posted:

I've been trying to spawn Verm for the past few days. It's good to know there is an easier way to get them. I was curious if they would drop there too. Since the bee is getting nerfed, what other shields are worth a drat? Also, do you think it is possible to get the Blood of Terra relic from the treasure room as well?

The Sham is a pretty drat good shield for it's ridiculous absorb rate and the Hide of Terra is a drat good all rounder shield. You can use the Love Thumper to force shieldless skills to always be active or have a melee Zer0 murder everything with it. I highly doubt the Terra relic is in the treasure room since it seems like a very specific drop but I could be wrong.

• Locked thread