Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Sal wasn't a good stockbroker, he seems like the type to scramble between jobs, hoping he gets lucky. So his panic is real, he would have a hard time adjusting from his current job of basically playing around with Richard and going back to doing crooked math in a boiler room.

He was probably crying more about losing his cushy playtime job.

If he was actually crying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

adamj1982 posted:

I think Sal and Richard would both be fine. During Howard's last contract renewal, when they pranked Sal by telling him that Howard was leaving, I could not understand Sal's breakdown about not being able to support his boys. I don't imagine Sal's paycheck at Sirius being exponentially larger than that of his stockbroker job.

For supporting 3 kids, yea, he's no doubt stretched financially but I think where he and Christine were before the kids, especially with what she seems to be accustomed to driving and wearing, tells me his boiler room job probably gave him quite a bit of disposable income.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I thought Christine was spending his money left and right so that she can keep livin the Long Island housewife lifestyle.

Zoben
Oct 3, 2001
When Howard leaves the live show, I'd think they'd still have the Howard channels on Sirius, re-running old material like syndication for TV. If they still had new shows I know that I'd listen to a Sal and Richard show about any sort of silly poo poo they'd come up with, if it was on there or if it was their own channel/podcast/etc. Granted, their popularity would still be because of Howard, but those guys are funny in their own right.

In terms of raw skill and talent (not counting Howard's broadcasting skills, which are untouchable obviously) I think Richard has everyone on the staff beat by a mile -- he is a goddamn virtuoso drummer. I remember when he played for them and they were blown away and Ralph called in to say how useless that talent was. Berry-faced douchebag

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Bonzo posted:

I thought Christine was spending his money left and right so that she can keep livin the Long Island housewife lifestyle.

Well, she does deserve time and half for being married to Sal

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Zoben posted:

In terms of raw skill and talent (not counting Howard's broadcasting skills, which are untouchable obviously) I think Richard has everyone on the staff beat by a mile -- he is a goddamn virtuoso drummer. I remember when he played for them and they were blown away and Ralph called in to say how useless that talent was. Berry-faced douchebag

Almost positive Howard was equally unimpressed. Fred was probably the most impressed in the studio, whether he vocalized it or not, coming from his musician background.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I've got that 3 month free trial going in my car and every time I turned on channel 100 this weekend that goddamned Bradley Cooper interview was playing. I haven't really heard anything that would make me want to pay for Sirius. Also, I'm assuming they're taking this entire week off? I had to listen to a Roseanne Barr interview from 1998 on my way to work today.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

picosecond posted:

DirecTV shows N&A on one of their TV channels. I've watched bits & pieces - when they have comedians on and Artie jokes around with them, it's pretty funny. Then Nick starts up with the half-assed sports talk and it loses me completely. After that I mainly watch for the Maxim girls.

What's the deal with the Maxim girls? Did they replace Twinsanity?

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

What's the deal with the Maxim girls? Did they replace Twinsanity?

Maxim just sends them in on Fridays, they talk to them at the end of the show with Twinsanity. I'm a little unhappy with N&A since they moved to TV because there is so little Dan and Twinsanity. Before TV Dan was involved in the conversations like 50% of the time, now it's more like 1%. Also the twins have been relegated to the last minute of the show except for the one night they did stand up. The silver lining is of course Mike Boschetti. "It's so moist."

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

cmhn74 posted:

Maxim just sends them in on Fridays, they talk to them at the end of the show with Twinsanity. I'm a little unhappy with N&A since they moved to TV because there is so little Dan and Twinsanity. Before TV Dan was involved in the conversations like 50% of the time, now it's more like 1%. Also the twins have been relegated to the last minute of the show except for the one night they did stand up. The silver lining is of course Mike Boschetti. "It's so moist."

I'm still enjoying the show, but I'm a pretty big sports fan.
The only things that turn me off are Nick's politics, the live music and Twinsanity. It's better than the 145 things that turned me off the Stern show the past 4 years.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Are they still having Shuli fill the Artie chair? No one's mentioned him in the thread for a long time.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

beep by grandpa posted:

Are they still having Shuli fill the Artie chair? No one's mentioned him in the thread for a long time.

No. Last week they had that Bigfoot impersonator in for a day, and he was actually pretty funny. He got into a fight with ETM and it was just insult after insult that made the whole studio (and myself) crack up.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Artie is getting an epidural because he's so fat that his spine can't support his own weight and he ruptured a disk. Can't wait.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

It's as if they just have him sit in the "Artie Chair" whenever they feel like it. I personally enjoy when they have Shuli in. His impressions are pretty funny and he jumps into conversations at the right time (mostly). Definitely better than an empty chair.

Also, after listening to those shows with the "Computer Girl who sites in the Artie Chair" bits, I have to say that those were passive aggressive as hell. I found the bits somewhat amusing, but after listening to them recently, I found them very weird.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Bigfoot Junior is the funniest thing to happen to the show since Artie left. This is not an exaggeration. Dude says whatever the gently caress he wants and goes out of Howards comfort zone, throwing the human being word around and rape. I teared up laughing at the stupid poo poo he says. I hope he comes in every day, and if not maybe once a month or something like George Tekei.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Howard has been saying stuff like "Just so you know, that wasn't the real person" "I was laughing at something else, not that tragic news story" and "We didn't write that" when somebody adlibs something shocking.

I guess he is trying to shuffle off that shock jock label, but also a lot of that is just with age and fame, you tend to lose your edge like that. It's hard for a nearly 60 year old man to talk out of his butt and wish cancer on people.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
This is part of Howard's retirement plan. He's getting out of radio, but he'll end up doing something like America's Got Talent until he dies because he can't actually give up work. He's working on his new image, "America's Judge."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
That logo is horrible because all I see is a very angry toad. What is the rhyme or reason for this weeks shows? It seems like it's just shuffle like on Howard 101.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Everything about that is obnoxious.
Though I was happy to hear Howard talk about how terrible dog breeding is the other day.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Sean_Miller posted:

That logo is horrible because all I see is a very angry toad. What is the rhyme or reason for this weeks shows? It seems like it's just shuffle like on Howard 101.

Best of Mastertape Theater, or to be more accurately, best of the few dozen old shows clips they made before losing interest.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Manifest posted:

Everything about that is obnoxious.
Though I was happy to hear Howard talk about how terrible dog breeding is the other day.

Yet Java and Bianca both came from breeders.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I love this thread :allears:

edit: jesus christ i thought the guy above me said Beth. my brain is just auto-completing the show insults now?? :wth:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

prefect posted:

Yet Java and Bianca both came from breeders.

I hate to defend Stern here, but they came from (purportedly) reputable breeders. Breeding itself isn't inherently evil, but suffers from two problems. First, backyard breeding: every dipshit thinks that he can do it, and that it's a great way to make some easy money on the side. Second, it's a perfect half-hearted excuse for a lot of pet owner's to not fix their pets: "Oh, I'm going to breed him some day."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squashy Nipples posted:

I hate to defend Stern here, but they came from (purportedly) reputable breeders. Breeding itself isn't inherently evil, but suffers from two problems. First, backyard breeding: every dipshit thinks that he can do it, and that it's a great way to make some easy money on the side. Second, it's a perfect half-hearted excuse for a lot of pet owner's to not fix their pets: "Oh, I'm going to breed him some day."

I am uneasy with a lot of dog breeding, because in some situations they're breeding dogs for certain appearances or physical traits. And that can go to extremes (I read somewhere that many bulldogs have to be delivered by Caesarian section, which is hosed up if true). Breeding dogs to make the best herders/retrievers/hunters you can get is one thing, but when you obsess over appearance, it can get creepy.

But I'm not going to fight a holy war or anything over it. :)

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Sean_Miller posted:

The first thing I see when I see that logo is Dr. Robotnik, from the Sonic the Hedgehog games.

Edit: Also, that's a gigantic cat.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
"north shore animalleague", now up to two whole stars! :v:

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4239

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's funny, cause isn't Beth 40 by now? If I had a house in the Hamptons with 780 chimneys I'd probably trade out my first trophy wife for something younger. Wonder if Beth ever gets nervous about that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

kylej posted:

It's funny, cause isn't Beth 40 by now? If I had a house in the Hamptons with 780 chimneys I'd probably trade out my first trophy wife for something younger. Wonder if Beth ever gets nervous about that.

Howard dumped his first wife pretty late, in terms of married guys who got rich and famous and divorced. Maybe Beth is thinking he'll be similarly slow to get around to ditching her.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

prefect posted:

Howard dumped his first wife pretty late, in terms of married guys who got rich and famous and divorced. Maybe Beth is thinking he'll be similarly slow to get around to ditching her.

I think Howard will stick around. I don't think he's bullshitting about his decreasing libido. So now he just needs someone to take care of him in all other aspects and be on his arm at functions, and I'm sure she'll keep herself presentable-looking well into her 60s.

Ah, romance ...

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Heather had a bigger sex drive than Bubba and they are......oh wait.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Bonzo posted:

Heather had a bigger sex drive than Bubba and they are......oh wait.
Heather had a bigger sex drive than entire college sororities.

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
drat, and just like that Ferrall is gone. I know he's pretty polarizing but I always really enjoyed his show, being a sports fan and all.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mochiloc posted:

drat, and just like that Ferrall is gone. I know he's pretty polarizing but I always really enjoyed his show, being a sports fan and all.

Really? That's a shame; I used to listen to his show sometimes and really enjoyed it, even though I wasn't a sports fan any more. His ranting-over-music thing can be a lot of fun.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Howard employs someone full-time to tape shows for him to watch at home.

Man of the people...

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Brocktoon posted:

Howard employs someone full-time to tape shows for him to watch at home.

Man of the people...

So he pays someone to press 3 buttons on a remote control? Goddamn how do I get that job.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Not to mention he obsesses over and orders 8+ iPad mini cases over his Thanksgiving break.

I just got to the part in the show where they play clips of Riley Martin, holy poo poo he sounds worse than ever which is saying a lot. Dude can't even spit out his own name.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I just got to the part in the show where they play clips of Riley Martin, holy poo poo he sounds worse than ever which is saying a lot. Dude can't even spit out his own name.

Oh, he had food poisoning again? Poor guy.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

Oh, he had food poisoning again? Poor guy.

I can imagine which kind of turkey he got sick off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

haljordan posted:

So he pays someone to press 3 buttons on a remote control? Goddamn how do I get that job.

And apparently they can't even do it right, because he was missing an episode of Homeland. He yelled at Booey to get him "HBO To Go".

Riley describing his thanksgiving dinner was the funniest thing they've had on in months.