Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Speaking of Fleshstick, would anyone be up for fleshsticking after Monday Night Football? I'm not going to get home till later and I'd like to watch the bears game before hand.

360, GT wherewasbugsy

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Kifisonfire posted:

You do realize that not downloading the compatibility pack means you won't be able to play with people, right?

Yes, I do realize that. I am capable of some cognitive thought now and again. I was just offering help in the event that the exploit had not been fixed yet, and was simply asking for information on what said pack contained.

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

Bugsy posted:

Speaking of Fleshstick, would anyone be up for fleshsticking after Monday Night Football? I'm not going to get home till later and I'd like to watch the bears game before hand.

If you're on PS3 I can do it around 10 PST. PSN: allhaildre

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

ReverendDre posted:

If you're on PS3 I can do it around 10 PST. PSN: allhaildre

Should have specified, I'm on the 360 :(. Going to edit now.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Bugsy posted:

Should have specified, I'm on the 360 :(. Going to edit now.

I might be doing some Flesh-Stick leveling tonight with a friend, probably not until 8 or 9 EST though. GT is Ethel Merman if you want to check in when you get online to see what we're doing.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

MoreMetalBrian posted:

I believe the Master Gee console freeze occurs when playing with someone else. I've seen other people beat him and no freeze when soloing him.

Not necessarily, I've had it freeze on me when trying to solo him, and a friend had the same thing. Both on the 360.

Xguard86 posted:

Like if there was a safe place or counter to the nova it wouldn't be so bad.

If you hide behind the pipe that's to the left when you enter the arena where Hyperius is, you're safe from the nova blasts. (As long as he stays to the left side of the arena. If he walks around to the right side where you can see him, the blasts will hit you.) If you have a group trying to take him down, have a healer Siren hide there and have everybody else try to keep him to the left of the arena.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Minorities posted:

I'm on PS3 and I killed him yesterday (solo). It took me 2 tries. The first time he died my console locked up. I killed him again immediately after and it didn't lock up. It's inconsistent.

Someone just duped me a Shredifier and some other oranges yesterday. What's your PSNID?

PSNID is Monkey_Fracas and I'll take you up on that offer! I'll be on around 8-11 PM CST.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.
360 goons doing Fleshstick tonight, I'd love to get in on it to prep my Mechromancer before Torgue drops! Send me a message my GT is BrokenKnees

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
It doesn't appear that the compatibility pack patches any of the existing gameplay. The treasure room glitch still works, as does the Evil Smashed weapon boosting. The Bee still has its original stats.

I assume they will probably fix some or all of this in the patch accompanying the Torgue DLC, so there's one last evening to get in your glitchy fun.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

MoreMetalBrian posted:

I believe the Master Gee console freeze occurs when playing with someone else. I've seen other people beat him and no freeze when soloing him.

Nope. I've solo'd him twice, game locks up as he dies. Maybe it's because I plug the controller in and go do other stuff while I hide behind a rock and wait for him to die.

edit: If someone wants some dupes, let me know. I got a Shredifier, Legendary Mechro mod, a bunch of Maggies, a CC, Bee, some rocket launchers and stuff, a Baby Maker, and a bunch of other level 50 stuff. PSN: DrSmasher

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

spamhead80 posted:

I might be doing some Flesh-Stick leveling tonight with a friend, probably not until 8 or 9 EST though. GT is Ethel Merman if you want to check in when you get online to see what we're doing.

I will look for you as we'll.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
MR TORGUE IS DOING AN EXPLOSIVE AMA ON REDDIT RIGHT NOW. HIS CAT IS NAMED EXPLOSIONS

Crunkjuice fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Nov 20, 2012

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

We are Flesh-Sticking right now, GT Ethel Merman. I have one spot open.

Edit: We are full up now, but we might do another round in a bit.

spamhead80 fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Nov 20, 2012

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

WhiteHowler posted:

I assume they will probably fix some or all of this in the patch accompanying the Torgue DLC, so there's one last evening to get in your glitchy fun.

The PC patch doesn't fix the treasure room glitch as far as I know. Gearbox isn't as concerned with such things.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

fallin1 posted:

Yes, I think it might have stealth nerfed the treasure room glitch too. My gun target is huge in there now and I can't line up my movements correctly.
It should still work unless they completely changed the map for that level. It's a glitch with the map itself, not with anything that the game engine would fix.

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

Sorry to the people I missed while doing the Flesh-Stick thing this evening. If the patch isn't slipped into the DLC tomorrow I'm sure that I'll be doing it again in the next week or two.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I've looted the treasure room via the glitch a couple of times now and haven't gotten any legendaries. Everything's level 50 but it's all green and blue and occasionally purple. Does the fact that I'm on playthrough 2.0 instead of 2.5 change anything?

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
Looks like the Torgue expansion dropped last night. Downloading it now for many much awesome EXPLOSIONS!

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

brickswereshat posted:

Looks like the Torgue expansion dropped last night. Downloading it now for many much awesome EXPLOSIONS!

I can't find it on the PS3 yet. Am I doing something wrong? I have the season pass.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Tried to download it this morning before work and just didn't have the time. Guess I'm doing that tonight and hopefully can meet up with some goons to start working through it.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SpannerX posted:

I can't find it on the PS3 yet. Am I doing something wrong? I have the season pass.

It is always late (like middle of the afternoon CST) on PS3. X360 gets it earliest, then Steam/PC (around noon), then PS3.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Kyrosiris posted:

It is always late (like middle of the afternoon CST) on PS3. X360 gets it earliest, then Steam/PC (around noon), then PS3.

Good to know. I wish it was ready to go now. I haven't been playing much lately and need a reason to get back in to level up my Gaige.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Things to note:
1) So far the only legendaries I've seen in the Torgue machine are Torgue legendaries.
2) The slot machines in the bar take Torgue tokens, but watch out for the "boom time!" award. The grenades spawn child grenades.
3) "EXPLOOOOOOOOSIONS!!!!!" NEVER GETS OLD.
4) Mr. Torgue is the best best BEST voice actor ever.

Individually spoilered to not create any butthurts.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

brickswereshat posted:

Things to note:
1) So far the only legendaries I've seen in the Torgue machine are Torgue legendaries.
2) The slot machines in the bar take Torgue tokens, but watch out for the "boom time!" award. The grenades spawn child grenades.
3) "EXPLOOOOOOOOSIONS!!!!!" NEVER GETS OLD.
4) Mr. Torgue is the best best BEST voice actor ever.

Individually spoilered to not create any butthurts.

In regards to 2) There's a second set of regular slot machines to the right of the Torgue Slots

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

ShadowedFlames posted:

Tried to download it this morning before work and just didn't have the time. Guess I'm doing that tonight and hopefully can meet up with some goons to start working through it.

I did this too and it took about 45mins to fully download. I will look for ya though.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
drat didn't have time to download the thing before leaving for work- gonna have to start it up when I get home. I can't wait to bomb dodongos skags.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
i just left my xbox on downloading when I left. I have the 6 hour timer enabled so it'll shut down anyway, hopefully long after downloading is complete.

I haven't heard great buzz about this DLC but I find Mr Torque hilarious and I don't expect much beyond some fun explosions and killing a lot of dudes for hopefully a reliable orange supply. Maybe its just the BL1 crowd's residual anger.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

I've played about 3-4 hours of the Torgue DLC, and I would like to offer a positive review. I love it, but then again, I love anything that makes me laugh... which this does.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

brickswereshat posted:

I've played about 3-4 hours of the Torgue DLC, and I would like to offer a positive review. I love it, but then again, I love anything that makes me laugh... which this does.
shmorky and I have both downloaded it, but it's not letting us access it or play it. Is some video or quest supposed to pop up when you first load a game after installing it? Nothing is happening.

Blotto Battalion
Mar 30, 2010
There should be a new location called The Badass Crater of Badassitude on your fast travel network, simply going there should start it up.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Blotto Battalion posted:

There should be a new location called The Badass Crater of Badassitude on your fast travel network, simply going there should start it up.
nope, nothing. I'll try deleting it and redownloading it again I guess.

Blotto Battalion
Mar 30, 2010
If that's no good try redownloading the compatibility pack, iirc there was an issue with it locking people out of the first DLC.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Lowtax posted:

shmorky and I have both downloaded it, but it's not letting us access it or play it. Is some video or quest supposed to pop up when you first load a game after installing it? Nothing is happening.

It will pop up when you fast travel to the new location (Badass Crater of Badassitude).

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Lowtax posted:

nope, nothing. I'll try deleting it and redownloading it again I guess.

I had this happen on DLC1. You have to let the Xbox sit on the download screen. It won't download in the background, at least in my experience. It would show it on my hard drive, but Oasis never showed up in my fast travel network.

As for the Torgue DLC, I played about 45 minutes of it this morning. If you think Mr. Torgue constantly yelling about explosions and his pecs is hilarious, then you will love it. It's hilarious. I can't wait to play more tonight.

AdolChristin
Jul 10, 2006
The Grand Poobah
So just to confirm; Flesh Stick glitching is out on the 360 on the Torgue patch? I've been away from the thread a couple of days but that's what I've gathered.

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
okay, it apparently works the fifth time you redownload and install it (???)

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Does anybody on 360 have a level 50 Afterburner they'd be willing to dupe me?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Downloading the new DLC right now. Let me be the first to say... EXPLOOOOOOOSIOONS! :supaburn:

Also: do we have any information as to how it will scale relative to the player?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

AdolChristin posted:

So just to confirm; Flesh Stick glitching is out on the 360 on the Torgue patch? I've been away from the thread a couple of days but that's what I've gathered.

No. That patch is still being certified.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
So, the half hour I spent this morning getting to 49% of the DLC downloaded was not wasted. Done this afternoon in half the time.

Bring on the explosions!

E: Oh holy god, I'm already laughing and that's from the opening storyboard sequence. This is gonna be good.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Nov 20, 2012

• Locked thread