Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Wait for the guitar solo to enter the arena though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

What level does it start at? Downloading now but I don't know which of my characters I'm going to play it with.

AdolChristin
Jul 10, 2006
The Grand Poobah

Mokinokaro posted:

No. That patch is still being certified.

Thanks much; me and the missus going to boost everything to 50 while the boosting is good.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

The Duke posted:

What level does it start at? Downloading now but I don't know which of my characters I'm going to play it with.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Been playing this with my lvl 50 commando, at TVHM plenty of enemies can pratically one shot you even with over 100k combined health and shields. If any goons want to do a 4-man run through of this on the 360, I'm on the metatag.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

AdolChristin posted:

So just to confirm; Flesh Stick glitching is out on the 360 on the Torgue patch? I've been away from the thread a couple of days but that's what I've gathered.

My brother and I tried to do it last night after downloading the compatibility pack.

We got him to spawn 3 times, he would no longer spawn after that. When we shut down and came back in the quest had been completed and we were on another tiny Tina quest instead. The money train one.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
Have any ps3 goons seen it yet?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
They're always slow as gently caress for releasing DLC for some reason.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Rabidredneck posted:

Been playing this with my lvl 50 commando, at TVHM plenty of enemies can pratically one shot you even with over 100k combined health and shields. If any goons want to do a 4-man run through of this on the 360, I'm on the metatag.

Sent a request to you; I'll be on most of this evening either running solo or with other goons through this. Got a 50 Siren so it may help some.

E: Also found some free spots on the metatag, request sent for that as well.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 20, 2012

spamhead80
Apr 15, 2003

It's a Zen thing, like how many babies fit in a tire.

Morand posted:

My brother and I tried to do it last night after downloading the compatibility pack.

We got him to spawn 3 times, he would no longer spawn after that. When we shut down and came back in the quest had been completed and we were on another tiny Tina quest instead. The money train one.

I Flesh-Stick boosted several people last night for hours after downloading the compatibility pack, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't your issue. The quest does tend to glitch pretty frequently though.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Does the dlc lift the level cap? Me and my partner have been less and less motivated to play since hitting the cap, loads of quests that I can't be bothered doing if the most efficient thing to do is run past everyone.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

field balm posted:

Does the dlc lift the level cap? Me and my partner have been less and less motivated to play since hitting the cap, loads of quests that I can't be bothered doing if the most efficient thing to do is run past everyone.

Nope, cap is still 50.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

smashpro1 posted:

Nope, cap is still 50.

Aw. There are plans to raise it though, right?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

field balm posted:

Aw. There are plans to raise it though, right?

Given that an achievement is named "Capped Out...For Now," I think it's safe to assume it'll be increased.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The DLC for the PS3 is finally up.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Marogareh posted:

Downloading it now.

I couldn't get it from the game menu though, I had to go into the PSN store (which apparently was also updated just now to be more confusing and "user friendly") and get it through the Games->PS3 Add-Ons section. It says $9.99 on the menu but if you have the season pass it will come up as free once you select it.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Marogareh posted:

Mine said that but it didn't show up in the dlc list. I have a season pass. Is there some special trick?

^ ah

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Marogareh posted:

I just looked for it and it's not there. Maybe I'll just reboot. I need explosions.

edit: NM. Explosions are downloading. Goddamn this is gonna be good.

Dr.Smasher fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 21, 2012

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm guessing they didn't fix the love thumper glitch since it would've been perfect for this dlc.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Anyone on xbox want to explooode?
Gt: x guard86

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
This DLC is already leagues better then Moxxi's Underdome

It has a actual narrative, for one. For another, unique explosion themed enemies and unique weapons and environments.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

You forgot EXPLOSIONS!!!!!

AND FOR FUCKS SAKE, EXPLOSIONS!!!!!!!

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
I finally got the DLC pack and would like to swap boosting a few characters. If anyone on xbox wants to swap boosts, let me know. I've got a level 52 flesh stick all ready.

xbox: bunnysplits

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

ShadowedFlames posted:

Given that an achievement is named "Capped Out...For Now," I think it's safe to assume it'll be increased.

They have stated they are definitely raising but they are doing so in a unique different way, which is a little disconcerting. I'm excited though.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Splits posted:

I finally got the DLC pack and would like to swap boosting a few characters. If anyone on xbox wants to swap boosts, let me know. I've got a level 52 flesh stick all ready.

I can go for that. I've got a Gaige at 24 that I'd like to get to at least 40, and can boost one+ in return.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Myself, Shadowedflames, and two pubbies just finished the DLC, pretty enjoyable. We then had a go at pyrocaustic pete the invincible. Impressions so far...

1. He is beatable, tho we never actually did it at our best run we got him down to maybe 40-50% health.

2. His Wide Aoe attacks are caustic and pyro, and stick around for a longs time. My commando had his skill that reduces time you're affected by a status by 40%, it still killed me every time.

3. There are two switches that will activate water that will clear the effects, but one also releases spiderants, the other releases rats. It seemed the levers stayed the same all the times we tried so stick with the switch that releases spiderants, they're easier to deal with than rats.

Figuring out the right builds and tactics will probably take a while, but this guy definitely isn't the 'gently caress you' bosses of the Scarlett DLC.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
Also, it should be noted that we believe the level of the ants/rats increases with each turn of the lever. I saw a 57 Rat at one point during the fight, and you need to turn on the water to get rid of the fire/corrosive DoT he causes, hence the hypothesis.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

ShadowedFlames posted:

I can go for that. I've got a Gaige at 24 that I'd like to get to at least 40, and can boost one+ in return.

Xbox gamer tag thing?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Splits posted:

Xbox gamer tag thing?

Check your messages; I already have you on my list and sent a message to you about 5 mins ago. Look for one from ShadowedFlames

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Anybody mind spoiling what the good unique guns in the DLC are? Kind of like Jakobs elemental weapons in Scarlett.

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Splits posted:

Sent you a message.

How hard are the bosses compared to the base game and Captain Scarlett? I'd hate to be locked out of awesome guns just by not being able to min/max some insane set of guns skills and strategy that takes a phd to figure out.

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

BrokenKnees posted:

Sent you a message.

How hard are the bosses compared to the base game and Captain Scarlett? I'd hate to be locked out of awesome guns just by not being able to min/max some insane set of guns skills and strategy that takes a phd to figure out.

I'll invite once I'm done downloading the DLC.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
The "standard" bosses are defeatable, no real special tactics needed. Of course, this was in 4-player mode; I've yet to try solo so take the answer with grains of salt. I don't see them being a problem for a solo player though (except maybe the next-to-last one).

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Splits posted:

I'll invite once I'm done downloading the DLC.

Cool, I'm at the dashboard grabbing it too.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

BrokenKnees posted:

Cool, I'm at the dashboard grabbing it too.

If you want to send me a message, I'm waiting on Splits to show up and I could easily do two of you at once for the hour or so I have free. (GT ShadowedFlames)

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

BrokenKnees posted:

Sent you a message.

They have been pretty easy so far. The timed challenges have been harder

And lol at "matter of taste." Gearbox was really trolling with that one

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
How. In the gently caress. Are you supposed to kill the final boss.

Edit for more specific griping: Am I missing something or does he reflect all bullets? That... seems like it's going to be a problem.

Another update: Just ended up cheesing him by reloading the Evil Smasher until I had a level 4/5 charge and then running him through with it. The reflected bullets downed me but I was able to kill him while down. No Bee, because I'm merciful. That's what heroes do, they show mercy.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 21, 2012

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
After playing up to killing Motor Momma, I can conclude that Mr. Torgue is one of the nicest characters in both games, especially so given how he's a CEO and doesn't hewn to the evil executive trope

He just wants to help you go the distance :3:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Are we going to have to farm to have enough tokens for a vending machine orange? I just beat Pyro Pete and have a grand total of 30 so far. Seems like a lonnnng way to go for the 600-something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Holy hell I am absolutely loving how many enemies the DLC spawns in TVHM. My Gunzerker's kill skills are pretty much never off during a fight, this is great. I just really like mowing down mobs of enemies with a solid wall of bullets/fire/EXPLOSIONS.

• Locked thread