Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Whatever the exact relationship between Caliborn and Lord English is, it's very fitting that the big villain of the comic turns out to be a child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Gnome de plume posted:

He's not God-Tier, he's God-Awful Tier. God-Awfully-Supernaturally-Hard-To-Kill-Creepy-Clown-Tier.

If Mike Myers or Jason Vorhees were a Juggalo he's what you'd end up with.

He must have superhuman pain resistance given that he's not currently shedding God-Awfully-Supernaturally-Hard-To-Kill-Creepy-Clown-Tears.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Spellman posted:

FYI, Andrew Hussie hates wireless mice.

gently caress you Hussie, Wireless Trackball mice are the best :colbert:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ariong posted:

He must have superhuman pain resistance given that he's not currently shedding God-Awfully-Supernaturally-Hard-To-Kill-Creepy-Clown-Tears.

His little tete-a-tete with Nepeta suggests that he's probably a masochist on top of everything else, so I bet he's just delighted with his new colander of a torso.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

His little tete-a-tete with Nepeta suggests that he's probably a masochist on top of everything else, so I bet he's just delighted with his new colander of a torso.

I thought that thing mostly suggested that he is batshit bananas bonkers.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Technique posted:

I thought that thing mostly suggested that he is batshit bananas bonkers.

The two traits aren't mutually exclusive!

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2E_RSJAhYU

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
I'm wondering now though, if it's even possible for Gamzee (or clowns in general) to achieve God Tier if they have such problems dying.

Culinary Bears
Feb 1, 2007

Makes me wonder if not going God Tier is intentional. Sort of how Rose/Dave would have been screwed if they were already God Tiers before getting blown up by the Green Sun (Heroic death), maybe he's avoiding being killed in a Just way. But that still leaves the question of where his apparent immortality comes from.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Goddamn posted:

But that still leaves the question of where his apparent immortality comes from.

Uh, pretty sure it's because he is a rascally clown.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Cavatica posted:

Whoever keeps saying that Gamzee can only die in the most hilarious way possible is dead wrong. I cracked up every single time Caliborn gunned him down. :colbert:

Exactly. His being gunned down is hysterical, and it happening again is even funnier. Gamzee can't die while his continued survival is amusing.

That is just how Juggalo Godtier works.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Yeah, i mean, have you ever seen a clown die? Me neither.

pepperoni and keys
Sep 7, 2011

I think about food literally all day every day. It's a thing.
Clowns are funny and death isn't funny. They just cancel each other out.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Hopefully, the Whistles homages won't go far enough to where Caliborn gets famished and Gamzee gives up an arm for him to eat. :gonk:

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Midnight Raider posted:

Hopefully, the Whistles homages won't go far enough to where Caliborn gets famished and Gamzee gives up an arm for him to eat. :gonk:

undyingUmbrage [uu] began jeering uranianUmbra [UU]
uu: THE BISHOP IS DEAD.
uu: HIS FLESH CONSuMED.
undyingUmbrage [uu] ceased jeering uranianUmbra [UU]

Iny fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Nov 22, 2012

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Holy poo poo. That's totally going to happen, isn't it?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Aren't trolls generally tougher, stronger, and all around more durable the higher they are on the hemospectrum (the tradeoff for the lower spectrum's psychic abilities), including an increased life span? This much damage might just not be fatal to Gamzee due to him being a highblood. Unlikely, but not impossible.

edit: As someone mentioned earlier, according to ICP, "Wicked clowns never die." It's from this song, Tilt-A-Whirl. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEIxvawYg5s

uranium grass fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Nov 22, 2012

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

There's definitely something weird about that supposed dead sister there. Not just the different blood colour than the shared waking body, the feet are also a completely different shape that what we see at the start of [S] Caliborn: Enter. That, plus the face being conspicuously off-screen, makes me think there's shenanigans going on here.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

This isn't the first time we've seen that panel. Her face was originally offscreen to hide the fact that she's not a troll. The blood being a little off is likely just a fuckup.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

That codpiece makes it look like he's sporting a huge erection over the monitor stuff.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Calliope's legs look pretty weird in that shot, too, they're all thin and orange an-OH MY GOD :stonk:

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 22, 2012

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Line Feed posted:

This isn't the first time we've seen that panel. Her face was originally offscreen to hide the fact that she's not a troll. The blood being a little off is likely just a fuckup.

The room is shadowed, that's why the blood is darker. Also why her dress is darker than the regular Prospit gold.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Color Printer posted:

Calliope's legs look pretty weird in that shot, too, they're all thin and orange an-OH MY GOD :stonk:

Awww hell. If this actually happens that will be nuts.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

havenwaters posted:

Awww hell. If this actually happens that will be nuts.

Gamzee isn't there to help Caliborn. He's there to help Caliope make Caliborn continue to believe he's won. A double agent unkillable clown.

Of course, if the dream death was faked, what is Jack's angle?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Could be Cal's legs, could just be one of the other art styles. The kids and trolls all have them, why shouldn't the cherubs be portrayed more realistically?

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Could be Cal's legs, could just be one of the other art styles. The kids and trolls all have them, why shouldn't the cherubs be portrayed more realistically?

A different art style wouldn't explain a change in skin-color. What the hell is up with that? Either its not her real dream-self or.... idk maybe her dream-self is Callie Ohppee?

Though even she has grey skin.......

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Maybe it's just Prospitian stockings.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Nephthys posted:

A different art style wouldn't explain a change in skin-color. What the hell is up with that? Either its not her real dream-self or.... idk maybe her dream-self is Callie Ohppee?

Though even she has grey skin.......

Where do you see her skin? She's wearing a dress, leggings and shoes.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Suaimhneas posted:

There's definitely something weird about that supposed dead sister there. Not just the different blood colour than the shared waking body, the feet are also a completely different shape that what we see at the start of [S] Caliborn: Enter. That, plus the face being conspicuously off-screen, makes me think there's shenanigans going on here.
Since dreamselves are representations of people as they want to be (Vriska- not missing an arm, Tavros- able to walk, Terezi- remaining blind), I wager Calliope's dreamself is actually a limeblooded troll.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Roger Explosion posted:

Since dreamselves are representations of people as they want to be (Vriska- not missing an arm, Tavros- able to walk, Terezi- remaining blind), I wager Calliope's dreamself is actually a limeblooded troll.

It's representations of them as they see themselves; for those other cases it depends on how much they've internalized their injuries. Calliope doesn't think she is a troll, just pretends to be one.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Technique posted:

Yeah, i mean, have you ever seen a clown die? Me neither.

Clowns don't die. They just get better at hiding. :cb:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If clowns dont die, where do scary ghost clowns come from then?

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

SynthOrange posted:

Ghosts who decided to become clowns in the afterlife, duh.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

The psychic projections of gigantic primordial spider-beasts.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Mazerunner posted:

Where do you see her skin? She's wearing a dress, leggings and shoes.

Oh, those are just leggings? Nvm.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Jon Joe posted:

I don't know if I want the story to parallel the plot developments of IT. Though the shippers would probably be happy with the giant orgy.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

My first reaction: "What the gently caress does Vriska's lusus have to do with this"

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The weird thing about Gamzee's slasher-flick clown immortality is that its nature as a plot point is confirmed by the literal voice of the author within the story. Caliborn is talking to Hussie himself right now, and Hussie is telling him and the audience that the reason Gamzee isn't dead is because the author perceives him to be one of those unkillable clowns.

It kind of works with Gamzee who's got an aura of bullshit mysticism, and it's a suitable thing for Caliborn to be involved in and talk about since he's the guy who's trying to steal control of the story and whose self-insert (or himself) will later kill Hussie. What worries me a little is this sort of stuff seeping into the rest of the story. Hussie telling John only he can beat the bad guy because he's the designated protagonist and John proceeding to make plans based on the author telling him as much would be kind of terrible.

Then again, as I said before Hussie's one of the only authors to ever have himself in the story and not have that ruin it, so he probably has an even finer grasp than any of us of when and where he can poke holes in the fourth wall.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dolash posted:

The weird thing about Gamzee's slasher-flick clown immortality is that its nature as a plot point is confirmed by the literal voice of the author within the story. Caliborn is talking to Hussie himself right now, and Hussie is telling him and the audience that the reason Gamzee isn't dead is because the author perceives him to be one of those unkillable clowns.

Why on earth would you assume that in-comic Hussie is a reliable narrator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Also, it's not been confirmed that Caliborn is talking to Hussie. I know there's a good chance it is him but still. There's a lot in common with this mysterious narrator and Doc Scratch's dialogue, I'm wondering if there is some kind of link there. I assume Caliborn has some kind of contact with him at some point, seeing as he is responsible for ushering in Lord English's arrival.