Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

Holy poo poo that made my brain start playing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaJDwv56ii0

Oh thaaaaat's what it's a reference to :doh:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Sanschel posted:

David Aja posted a page from Hawkeye #6 on his Twitter, it's not terribly spoilery but linked here to err on the side of caution.

This is very possibly my favorite page of anything ever.

OK GO!

I love how casually wolverine stabs people in the penis.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Superman/Batman #75

FutureBoy
Jan 18, 2003

"Listen, no offense, but if I'm getting taken down, man, it ain't gonna be from fuckin' Speedball!"

smashpro1 posted:

Superman/Batman #75

Still the best explanation of each character's motivations. This thing does in thirteen panels what the comics couldn't do in 50 years

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

FutureBoy posted:

Still the best explanation of each character's motivations. This thing does in thirteen panels what the comics couldn't do in 50 years

I can't find the page any more, unfortunately, but there was a comic at one point where Lex Luthor visits Joker in prison to discuss his psychosis, and Joker tearfully admits that he's trying to kill Batman because it will make the world a safer place. Lex muses for a second and says,"That's curious, that's how I feel about Supe-:aaa:" just as Joker starts laughing his rear end off at Luthor.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Action Comics #897.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Haha that's the one, thank you :)

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The Joker only laughs in Mark Hamil`s voice.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm reading the King City trade and it is amusing me greatly:

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Alhazred posted:

Remember how he sucked at shopping?

(From Seven Soldiers of Victory)

Classic Phantom Stranger is the best Phantom Stranger.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Sanschel posted:

I'm reading the King City trade and it is amusing me greatly:

The great thing about King City is that virtually every page of it could be posted in here, it's so good.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Mister Mind posted:

This seems like it should go in the touching/inspiring panels thread, not the funny panels thread, unless there's something I'm missing.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mister Mind posted:

How come sometimes there's only one set of tracks Phantom Stranger?

That's when I was carrying you!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Found this amusing, maybe you will too!

Source: Bad Machinery, specifically.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's comforting to know the years haven't dulled my contempt for John Allison's attempts at humor.

The Goon v3 #41

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Stheno, probably the least threatening of the gorgons:

(from Wonder Woman: Eyes of the Gorgon)

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

The oddest thing about the 94 series was how every villain happened to have a trenchcoat which fit perfectly over their costumes.

This exchange about the Spider-Man cartoon reminded me of the Fantastic Four tie-in to Acts of Vengeance. The conceit behind the Acts of Vengeance event was that a bunch of top tier Marvel villains teamed up to try to destroy their arch-foes by switching up sparring partners, so every comic in the event featured heroes fighting villains that they'd never tangled with before. For whatever reason, instead of taking the idea seriously, Doctor Doom basically pranks the FF by mind-controlling a horde of random D-list villains into attacking them a few at a time. At first the villains invade the Baxter Building, but then the FF goes to Washington DC to protest against a proposed super-hero registration act (oh the irony) and this happens:

A little while later:

And finally:

Fantastic Four #335

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That's awesome.

And I love the panel of Ben. The inking on his eyes and colouring of his mouth make him look like he's got his tongue sticking out like a slob but with oh so pretty eye lashes. Like a combination of

:wink:

&

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
That was actually during a point in Simonson's run when Ben was depowered. You're looking at Sharon Ventura, or "She-Thing."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Goon #43. Franky is a master strategist.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Oh my god I just remembered that I loving love the Goon

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

One more from the FF Acts of Vengeance story:

Fantastic Four #336

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Unfit For Space posted:

Fantastic Four #336

Stilt-Man's lucky Axe Cop didn't rough him up more.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Unfit For Space posted:

Fantastic Four #336

Well it's just straight up bad form to hit on a guy you've just arrested and handcuffed, Crawford legs or no.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Is Stilt Man having a 'gay panic'?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

With that mustache and those glasses, I doubt he's kidding.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Man-Ape seems to have been roofied, so Stilt Man might have the right idea. :ohdear:

(Or maybe he's just hung over. These were the years before Christopher Priest made him a badass, after all.)

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo
Axe Cop can hit on whoever he wants, whenever he wants.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Spider-man 31
Good old Gwen Stacy

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

bobkatt013 posted:

Spider-man 31
Good old Gwen Stacy

Turns out the whole goblin kids thing wasn't that far fetched.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Judging by those pants, Stonethrower from The Light Brigade was right. He DOES have a big butt!

Church
Jul 1, 2005

Does any one know what comic and issue this is from ?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
No idea of the source.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Church posted:

I think it's from the Logan anthology Wolverine #900

But I like this picture of him better. Unfortunately, google isn't telling me where the image is from other than "Astonishing X-Men". That woman is Armor, whoever that is.

:master:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Nov 27, 2012

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Armor is like the 60th one of those Kitty Pride characters. I think she was relevant for all of three weeks or something.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I thought his healing factor kept Logan from getting drunk :raise: or does it not cover that far? If it does, I want some of what he's drinking, cause drat.

Edit:

SynthOrange posted:

You can see him getting drunk then sobering up in 4 panels up there. It works fast.

Saoshyant posted:

^ drat you and your swiftness!

It does, which is why he's starting to get sober so fast near the bottom of those panels in the Spider-Man bit.

Oooh, I see it now, how the style of his word bubbles change :downs: Nevermind me, move along. Still must be some good poo poo to get past his healing factor even for a few minutes, I say.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 27, 2012

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You can see him getting drunk then sobering up in 4 panels up there. It works fast.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

^ drat you and your swiftness!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I thought his healing factor kept Logan from getting drunk :raise: or does it not cover that far? If it does, I want some of what he's drinking, cause drat.

It does, which is why he's starting to get sober so fast near the bottom of those panels in the Spider-Man bit.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Armor is like the 60th one of those Kitty Pride characters. I think she was relevant for all of three weeks or something.

She was in the X-Men anime last year as the token Japanese X-Man in a show that's about the problems of Japanese mutants.

Seriously, the cast is Cyclops, Professor X, Wolverine, Storm, Beast and... Armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Church posted:

It's in Wolverine 900 and also in Amazing Spider-Man Extra 2

Malachite_Dragon posted:

It's whiskey. Canadian whiskey.

• Locked thread