Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Oooh, I see it now, how the style of his word bubbles change :downs: Nevermind me, move along. Still must be some good poo poo to get past his healing factor even for a few minutes, I say.

One of my first issues that I bought with my own allowance money was Uncanny X-Men #245, which is basically a single-issue send-up of DC's Invasion! event. In it, Havok challenges Wolverine to a drinking contest.

To his credit, Logan tries to warn him off - but if memory serves, he never says "I don't get drunk." He says "I don't get that drunk."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Logan and Steve Rogers: Longest Drinking Contest in History?

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I'm pretty sure Cap could get reasonably drunk. I don't think his metabolism works quite fast enough to purge toxins from him as fast as Logan's does. The movie exaggerated it a bit, I believe, though I can't check the OHOTMU (Marvel wiki be damned) at work.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ManiacClown posted:

I'm pretty sure Cap could get reasonably drunk. I don't think his metabolism works quite fast enough to purge toxins from him as fast as Logan's does. The movie exaggerated it a bit, I believe, though I can't check the OHOTMU (Marvel wiki be damned) at work.

Ultimate Cap's probably got something to do with whatever is in the movie. His immune system is strong enough to beat HIV and vampirism.

VVVV The HIV test never occurred in-comic -- it was part of the "look how badass he is" build-up at the beginning of Ultimates 1.

prefect fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 27, 2012

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

prefect posted:

Ultimate Cap's probably got something to do with whatever is in the movie. His immune system is strong enough to beat HIV and vampirism.

Vampirism I can see, but who the hell attacked Steve Rogers with HIV? Or was this a poorly thought out "darker and edgier" storyline I've never heard of?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Zelder posted:

Vampirism I can see, but who the hell attacked Steve Rogers with HIV? Or was this a poorly thought out "darker and edgier" storyline I've never heard of?

Maybe they used a dirty needle to administer the super serum.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

People are constantly taking Cap's blood and trying to make new serums out of it. Sooner or later, someone's gonna get sloppy.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Veib posted:

She was in the X-Men anime last year as the token Japanese X-Man in a show that's about the problems of Japanese mutants.

Seriously, the cast is Cyclops, Professor X, Wolverine, Storm, Beast and... Armor.

She's in Ultimate now too.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

ManiacClown posted:

They actually tried in the Wolverine Aaron series that ran for 20 issues. Cap came back from the dead and Wolverine persuades him to see if they can beat their own healing factors/super soldier thingie and try to get really drunk.

One of the X-men was the designated driver, flying them around in the Blackbird so they could have endless happy hours by flying from timezone to timezone.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BioTech posted:

They actually tried in the Wolverine Aaron series that ran for 20 issues. Cap came back from the dead and Wolverine persuades him to see if they can beat their own healing factors/super soldier thingie and try to get really drunk.

One of the X-men was the designated driver, flying them around in the Blackbird so they could have endless happy hours by flying from timezone to timezone.

A. This sounds awesome.
B. They flew a jet around to save money at happy hour? That saved them money? (I know, it's just awesome to do in reality).

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I imagine they can comp the fuel costs to SHIELD or the Xavier institute. Either way who is going to tell those two they have to pay for their own gas?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I tell you what, if a drunken Wolverine tells me to fly around the world so it's happy hour all the time, I'm not going to argue economics.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BioTech posted:

Do you know what issue this is?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
BSS.jpg.
Source unknown.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Do you know what issue this is?

Wolverine: Weapon X #11. Nightcrawler was the designated flyer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Super Dan posted:

Wolverine: Weapon X #11. Nightcrawler was the designated flyer.

That is just cruel, since I know how much Nightcrawler likes beer.

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

From what I remember they didn't do it to save costs, but Wolverine knew what time each bar opened or said happy hour had the best people around or something like that. They were even going to drink troll blood in Iceland on Thor's advice or something.

I'll see if I can find that comic today, it was the first one in the Deathlock story, issue 11 as someone already mentioned.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Lois Lane #56.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I've been there, girl. I walked in on a catoblepas at my last job. So embarrassing!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I'm really feeling her sheer and utter terror here.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

It looks like a lion with snake heads IMO. The body is even colored differently!

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
The context of that panel, by the way, is that Lois accidentally travelled back in time (by being too nosy about some scientist's time travel experiment) to Ancient Greece's golden age, and is exploring the laboratory of these two scientist brothers she met. At the end of the story, her curiosity drives her to open a chest in which it turns out they were keeping millions of disease-bearing flies (you know, for science), ending the golden age.

Yeah.

A typical Lois Lane story, in many respects.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So she literally opened Pandora's Box?

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!

Why is that Hydra Marmaduke?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
From Pride of Baghdad graphic novel by Brian K. Vaughan

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
She-Hulk 16

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
The looks on She-Hulk's and Wolverine's faces in those two middle panels could be straight out of a Kate Beaton comic.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
A couple of totally unrelated panels from Archie comics. Issue numbers unknown.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Hawkeye #5

Hawkeye has just been thrown out of a window by ninjas, this does not make him happy.

That face has been cracking me up all day.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Secret Avengers #34: Captain Britain figured that a universe consisting entirely of the undead would be a safe place to store an Orb of Necromancy since he reasoned no one there would really give a poo poo. But when he and Hawkeye go to pick up the orb for Avenger stuff, things go south.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Looking for a funny panel- everyone's favorite junior x-man Rockslide giving a good weirdo stare, with olde-tyme stare-lines and all, at one of the x-girls (I think) for some reason. Can't even remember who he was staring at, so I'm having a hell of a time finding it, but I remember the look on his face was great. Someone's gotta know what I'm talking about.

edit: thank you. I totally forgot Transonic even existed.

Diet Poison fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 30, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think he was arguing wether his friend (the blue mutant who's name escapes me) was naked? Possibly exploring his secondary mutation?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Diet Poison posted:

Looking for a funny panel- everyone's favorite junior x-man Rockslide giving a good weirdo stare, with olde-tyme stare-lines and all, at one of the x-girls (I think) for some reason. Can't even remember who he was staring at, so I'm having a hell of a time finding it, but I remember the look on his face was great. Someone's gotta know what I'm talking about.

It was in the last thread, from Generation Hope #12:

Same issue had this, for pun lovers:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
The little rocky cracks in the exclamation mark slay me every time.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Some has got to team Rockslide up with Hawkeye at some point.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Crowetron posted:

Some has got to team Rockslide up with Hawkeye at some point.

Hawkeye's second book can be like Avenging Spider-Man, where he just teams up with a new character every issue. We can call it "Hawk and Guys." We'll make Hawk and Guys really huge and the word and really tiny.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Defiance Industries posted:

Hawkeye's second book can be like Avenging Spider-Man, where he just teams up with a new character every issue. We can call it "Hawk and Guys." We'll make Hawk and Guys really huge and the word and really tiny.

I want to believe.

Content: Hawkeye #4.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Defiance Industries posted:

Before the bandwagon gets to heavy, ask yourself "Do I really want Hawkeye ending up as the next Deadpool?"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Sizone posted:

Before the bandwagon gets to heavy, ask yourself "Do I really want Hawkeye ending up as the next Deadpool?"

I want a Spiderman-Deadpool-Hawkeye...and Rockslide team-up book. Call it The Sum Total of Fan Tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Marvel Super-Heroes #16 :stare:

• Locked thread