Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zetta_Slow
Oct 20, 2012

Shut up! If you try to stop me, my fists will visit you on four different points on your median plane!

fount of knowledge posted:

Thought I could beat Shadow Yukiko once I dinged to 9 with Senri on Hard. First attempt went fine until the mid-point summon.

Did...did they take away Charming Prince's weakness to ice? I could've sworn I used it, but he just shrugged it off, and then the next two attacks one-shot two of my guys. Maybe I just missed, though.

I believe his weakness is lightning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

fount of knowledge posted:

Thought I could beat Shadow Yukiko once I dinged to 9 with Senri on Hard. First attempt went fine until the mid-point summon.

Did...did they take away Charming Prince's weakness to ice? I could've sworn I used it, but he just shrugged it off, and then the next two attacks one-shot two of my guys. Maybe I just missed, though.

Guess who has a weakness to ice in that fight. :v:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Do lightning/stormy days still count as rainy days for dungeoneering?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Capsaicin posted:

Do lightning/stormy days still count as rainy days for dungeoneering?

Yes.

Also I'm not sure if this is new but in NG+ now the stuff you had Daidara make last playthrough is still in his shop,

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

OmegaZultan posted:

Yes.

Also I'm not sure if this is new but in NG+ now the stuff you had Daidara make last playthrough is still in his shop,

This is new to this game. I'm pretty sure this wasn't in Vanilla P4.

Gat drat, they really beefed the hell out of this game, didn't they?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RadicalR posted:

This is new to this game. I'm pretty sure this wasn't in Vanilla P4.

Gat drat, they really beefed the hell out of this game, didn't they?

Beefsteaked.

Beefstuck?

...Beefstook?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Aphrodite posted:

Beefsteaked.

Beefstuck?

...Beefstook?

Fstoked :colbert:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Aphrodite posted:

Beefsteaked.

Beefstuck?

...Beefstook?

:negative: I could've... I could've had that! How did I miss such a "golden" chance for a pun!?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

RadicalR posted:

:negative: I could've... I could've had that! How did I miss such a "golden" chance for a pun!?

You bearly missed it.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Dr Pepper posted:

To advance Nanako's Social Link past level 4 you need to have max Expression.

Does anyone have a list of what stats you have to have at what level to pass certain social links? (ie. Nanako, Social Link 4, max expression. Ai, Courage level 3, etc...)

I checked out the Max Social Link faq but didn't see one that specifically outlined that.

Also, are there any stats that affect Dojima's social link?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Sex_Ferguson posted:

(Late-Game Spoiler)If you maxed Marie's S. Link then there's more story content in the form of a new dungeon in February, otherwise you're basically just getting some extra days for S. Links.

Booooo. I was hoping to skip the tsundere nonsense. :(

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

If you really hate Marie that much, why not just skip through all her s link text? Never had to read it.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

theblackw0lf posted:

Also, are there any stats that affect Dojima's social link?
I think you need max Expression for Dojima and max Understanding for Nanako.

As long as you are spreading the points out it should be extremely easy to max everything except for Diligence well before November. Unless you completely ignore Sun, Temperance, Beef Bowl Specials, and reading for some reason.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nanako and Dojima both need expression. Nanako needs max expression at one point, while Dojima needs rank 4 expression.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

Nate RFB posted:

I think you need max Expression for Dojima and max Understanding for Nanako.

As long as you are spreading the points out it should be extremely easy to max everything except for Diligence well before November. Unless you completely ignore Sun, Temperance, Beef Bowl Specials, and reading for some reason.

Yea, I'm already at level 5 in three of my stats, and 4 in the other two. And it's the beginning of July.

Working at the pub which raises two stats at once does wonders.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress, I know I should be used to it from P3P, but I am so loving mad that I automatically game over when the protagonist dies. loving hell, that is infuriating. You take care, play defensive, and then one crit takes you out at near full-health. Otherwise loving this game. Can't believe that the P3P interface didn't bother me, that is, playing as a cursor. I haven't completed it and after experiencing this it will be tough to go back.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Bolverkur posted:

gently caress, I know I should be used to it from P3P, but I am so loving mad that I automatically game over when the protagonist dies. loving hell, that is infuriating. You take care, play defensive, and then one crit takes you out at near full-health. Otherwise loving this game. Can't believe that the P3P interface didn't bother me, that is, playing as a cursor. I haven't completed it and after experiencing this it will be tough to go back.

Get to slink 9 with your party, and they'll take a mortal blow for you

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

b0lt posted:

Get to slink 9 with your party, and they'll take a mortal blow for you

Didn't it use to be get to slink 1 with a party member? Wait, do you still get anything for getting to slink 1 with a party member then?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ChaosArgate posted:

Didn't it use to be get to slink 1 with a party member? Wait, do you still get anything for getting to slink 1 with a party member then?

Yeah, at Rank 1 they'll help a Down'd ally out.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Anyone playing a fresh new game on very hard? I saw that it's just except with .4 coefficients on XP/Gold gain, and it didn't look like the mode for me. Then I started running into rescuing people and the experience you get from that to compensate, so now I am not so sure. I almost always play Persona games on Hard modes these days, except when they multiply the fusion book costs exponentially (because I really do like fusing).

I tried Very Hard and eventually gave up on it. I'm sure it gets more manageable if you tough it out until your options start opening up, but the first few hours are just torture. You're not going to make it through Yukiko's dungeon without a good amount of grinding and a lot of game overs.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Any advice for the bonus boss In the Bath House?

I'm around the early 20's in terms of level. I lack Tarunda, which I feel may be key, but this guy just seems to be able to wreck my guys with their elemental weaknesses. It's kind of frustrating!

Zetta_Slow
Oct 20, 2012

Shut up! If you try to stop me, my fists will visit you on four different points on your median plane!
Anyone know about a list of social link deadlines? I really want to get some people finished, but I'm worried I might end up not getting to finish their links.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

RentCavalier posted:

Any advice for the bonus boss In the Bath House?

I'm around the early 20's in terms of level. I lack Tarunda, which I feel may be key, but this guy just seems to be able to wreck my guys with their elemental weaknesses. It's kind of frustrating!

He's weak to lightning, also early 20's is pretty low for that fight.

Edit: definitely going to hard in a new game +, the abundance of golden hands in this game just let me power through the castle optional boss, the bath house optional boss, and Shadow Rise/Teddie in one day since the 14k or so fox wanted to leaf me up was chump change.

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 29, 2012

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are there more locations beyond the beach for scootering?

vvv That's before the beach. vvv

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 29, 2012

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Aphrodite posted:

Are there more locations beyond the beach for scootering?

Okina city as well.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That's it outside of going on dates to the hot springs.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Staring at the ocean gets your equipped persona a hidden extra skill, and fishing is...fishing. What does swimming get you?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Speedball posted:

Staring at the ocean gets your equipped persona a hidden extra skill, and fishing is...fishing. What does swimming get you?

Courage up. The third long trip you can actually get double courage from both the ride and swimming, but that only happens once.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho
Playing this game now reminds me just why I like Dojima's character so much. In a plot where only a fairly select scope of characters actually know what is going on, I like that while he is perpetually out of the loop, him being a detective actually becomes relevant to the state of the plot.

In a way, he's kind of an interesting foil to the main character, since he's both a father figure whom you bond with and an authority figure you must avoid.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Naoto's Halloween costume :catstare:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Slogged my way through the third dungeon, then got one shot by the mini-boss at like 4/5 health.

...Yes I think this is a good stopping point for tonight.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

RentCavalier posted:

Playing this game now reminds me just why I like Dojima's character so much. In a plot where only a fairly select scope of characters actually know what is going on, I like that while he is perpetually out of the loop, him being a detective actually becomes relevant to the state of the plot.

I like how Dojima almost instantly figures out that you're up to SOMETHING, the only thing stoping him from grilling you about it being Nanako. It's really easy for a silly anime game like this to make everyone over 30 incompetent.

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 30, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Schubalts posted:

Naoto's Halloween costume :catstare:

Just wait until you get a certain costume for Naoto through a quest a little later on. I don't even know what the gently caress.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

darealkooky posted:

I like how Dojima almost instantly figures out that you're up to SOMETHING, the only thing stoping him from grilling you about it being Nanako. It's really easy for a silly anime game like this to make everyone over 30 incompetent.

My first time through I was [general game spoilers]convinced he was going to end up in the TV at some point, just because I was used to stories where the only time authority figures know anything is if they end up in on the secret.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

OH, man, can you imagine the kind of stuff Dojima's shadow would say or do?

I'm picturing it looking like a wild and carefree surfer dude.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

Speedball posted:

His shadow would probably end up resenting having to take Nanako or some such. It would probably be the single most :smith: dungeon/boss ever.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Speedball posted:

A white sedan.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Speedball posted:

Dojima's shadow would be more Dirty Harry mixed with a case of crippling self-loathing because for one, he is a somewhat incompetent father,and he could not find the person who ran over his wife and he is constantly reminded of this because of Nanako. Through his social links you find out he is vigilant of finding the person who killed his wife even though he is ignoring his family and current cases like finding the guy who was putting corpses on telephone poles. .

LateToTheParty fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 30, 2012

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ahaha, just got Kanji, and I was kind of sad that Jack Frost was getting outclassed so quickly. Looks like the game was too, because shuffle time loves him.

He's the same level as High Pixie, but better now. 24 Ma, 20 En, 21 Ag. Skills are Mabufu, Mazio, Magaru, Agi, Mudo, Mahama, Bufula, and Ice Boost. He's a loving monster. Thought trying to get him to 25 for Mind Charge would be tedious, but not any more. This level 23 snowman is going places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Just wait until you get Black Frost.

Mine is currently rocking Fire Amp, Fire Boost, and Agidyne.

Things melt.

• Locked thread