Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Welp, the new stretch goals have convinced me to up my pledge to 40 bucks.

e: Also, you should really try to license Eternity for a ridiculous stretch goal.

Freak Futanari fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Dauntasa posted:

Have you contacted Charles Barkley to ask for an endorsement, or are you praying that he never finds about the existence of these games because he will probably sue you?
I would enjoy watching Charles Barkley try to make any sense of this game. I've tried explaining the original to people who didn't play 90s rpgs and it's an incredible stream of nonsense.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Technique posted:

Welp, the new stretch goals have convinced me to up my pledge to 40 bucks.

e: Also, you should really try to license Eternity for a ridiculous stretch goal.

I would double my pledge if this was on the table.

Three Pixel
Jun 13, 2003

In space no one can hear your anime stare downs.
I decided to back this when I saw that we'd get a Mac port at 50k. And it was at $49,999 before I pledged.

Now to play the Barkley 1 Mac port to prepare myself.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

It's good to see Truckpump again! Truly he is the most important character in the Hoopz Barkley SaGa canon.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Grifter posted:

I would enjoy watching Charles Barkley try to make any sense of this game. I've tried explaining the original to people who didn't play 90s rpgs and it's an incredible stream of nonsense.

Yeah, I don't think Barkley would understand it.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

DrManiac posted:

So they can't reference real life basket ball players anymore :(?

I'm actually pretty sad that basketball won't play as large of a role :(

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I'm playing BSUaJ:G right now and Vinceborg said he encountered error number X114JAM9. Is there a connection? :tinfoil:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

This is literally the greatest thing I've ever read.

Also, someone needs to grab one of those new $420 rewards and get David Gaider onto DwarfNET.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Those stretch goals are pretty drat sexy. Better think up some new ones because everyone's gonna double their pledges to try and get that sweet sweet 73k goal.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Game of all the years. Donating right now, just for this.

Zackarotto
Dec 25, 2005

Ha! Ha! I'll now calculate your brain age.
stretch goal, $100,000: b-ball court in Nightmare City with fully playable b-ball game in the style of the original Barkley Shut Up and Jam.

new pledge reward: be one of the teammates in Nightmare City b-ball.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Chex Quest is totally a "Role Playing Game." You "play" the "role" of the mighty Chex Warrior as he purges the foreign influence of those baka Flemoids in what has to be one of the best-written and designed games to have ever been featured as a free prize in a cereal box. :colbert:

God I'm so glad the truck pump is returning. I can only hope Tales of Games already has a bunch of actual, non-ironic rants to use again.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I want a stretch goal where the NBA Jam announcer will shout things like HE'S ON FIRE and IS IT THE SHOES? if you kill enemies in quick succession.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Throw up a 2500 pledge reward where they get to write the official ToG letter to Charles Barkley explaining the games.

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
I'm playing through the first one now... this game is amazing.

"what traits are you looking for in a partner?"

"applebottoms."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Sex Vicar posted:

Looking forward to Barkley 2: Special Edition for the SegaCD + 32x.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Best rewards in a kickstarter ever. Game will be pure genius. Let's see what they do when they reach $1m.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Sex Vicar posted:

Is that the same guy who fakeposts all over Games with the that avatar?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Is that the same guy that made fun of the disabled guy on Twitter with that avatar?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
There are at least two people here on SA that have that avatar. The funny one and the not funny one. I don't think that guy is either.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Isn't Docfuture the one who did the "Lets Relax with Sonic 1"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ef8SD9gUg

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Isn't docfuture the guy who did "A semi-alphabetical listing of Black actors with speaking roles on Friends"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUc0vbSlanM

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Isn't docfuture the awesome guy that has like a dozen hilarious youtube videos and it's shameful someone in this thread doesn't know who he is?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Worst comes to worst, he's Charuzu Ueido Bakuri now.

Back for more, Barkuri ... ??

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Sex Vicar posted:

If you guys can't license the Space Jam theme, I propose you do a cover in the style of this masterpiece.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

voltron lion force posted:

There are at least two people here on SA that have that avatar. The funny one and the not funny one. I don't think that guy is either.

I'm pretty sure Docfuture and Blazeing w Hitler are the same person. I remember him posting a video he made about Garfield in the old GBS video thread. That video seems to have disappeared completely though.

Prosthetic_Mind
Mar 1, 2007
Pillbug
Quadrupling my pledge for Docfuture. If you haven't yet you NEED to watch his dual LP of Tryrush Deppy and Super Tempo. Smoothest voice in the LP subforum and insanely funny.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Psalmanazar posted:

I'm pretty sure Docfuture and Blazeing w Hitler are the same person. I remember him posting a video he made about Garfield in the old GBS video thread. That video seems to have disappeared completely though.

Are you talking about Prom Night? That's still up on his channel.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Psalmanazar posted:

if the poster above me (???) is correct , docfuture is Robotnik DDS and not Prospector so who knows (not me)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

McJogurt posted:

I'm playing through the first one now... this game is amazing.

"what traits are you looking for in a partner?"

"applebottoms."

Did you get the secret date with Charles yet?

Robotnik DDS
Oct 31, 2004

notZaar posted:

Is that the same guy who fakeposts all over Games with the that avatar?

epitasis posted:

Is that the same guy that made fun of the disabled guy on Twitter with that avatar?

Psalmanazar posted:

I'm pretty sure Docfuture and Blazeing w Hitler are the same person.

No, but I guess a lot of dudes/another dude have this avatar and post a lot more than me!

I'm super excited to be working with the team and look forward to making some fun audiovisual stuff for the game. Like everyone, I was a huge fan of Barkley 1, so it's an honor to join up and I'll do my best to help bring the world to life!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
drat its the not funny one haha. Nah I kid, I kid. I look forward to great things from you and this project.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Woah that avatar is loving wild, now that I look at it.

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine
Would I be able to pick up a physical copy of the artbook later? I'd even get it now if it was like $100, but $250 is a bit much.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Prosthetic_Mind posted:

Quadrupling my pledge for Docfuture. If you haven't yet you NEED to watch his dual LP of Tryrush Deppy and Super Tempo. Smoothest voice in the LP subforum and insanely funny.

Also known as the A Sega Saturn Retrospective All Platformer Event.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I feel like I've read this one before.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

ChickenHeart posted:

Chex Quest is totally a "Role Playing Game." You "play" the "role" of the mighty Chex Warrior as he purges the foreign influence of those baka Flemoids in what has to be one of the best-written and designed games to have ever been featured as a free prize in a cereal box. :colbert:

God I'm so glad the truck pump is returning. I can only hope Tales of Games already has a bunch of actual, non-ironic rants to use again.
Is there a textdump of the truck pump rants from the first one anywhere? They were all hilarious.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Seconding that, I know I've seen one before but hell if I still have it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Jesus Christ this is beautiful.