Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
A stretch goal should be the creation of a making of video, however everything in the video is completely fake. Have a white board covered in crazy ideas, talking about game areas that you had to "cut", and you guys wearing pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
They aren't contractually obligated to wear pants until the Kickstarter ends and they have met their funding goal, and everyone's money is taken.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
When you can work from home pants become .-*~,.~`-.irreverent.-`~.,~*-.420

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Yaos posted:

A stretch goal should be the creation of a making of video, however everything in the video is completely fake. Have a white board covered in crazy ideas, talking about game areas that you had to "cut", and you guys wearing pants.

If you'd have donated $1,000 this could have come true

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

nippon nifties posted:

If you'd have donated $1,000 this could have come true

If the fake interview is not one that ends up on the front page of every gaming website I will be very angry. Of course we don't know when, who, or where they get to make poo poo up so we will never really know.

I also hope they get a quick look ex with giant bomb and use their pants money to send the person over to show them the game.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Dec 12, 2012

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Baloogan posted:

When you can work from home pants become .-*~,.~`-.irreverent.-`~.,~*-.420

I think you meant, "irrelevant."

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

Node posted:

They aren't contractually obligated to wear pants until the Kickstarter ends and they have met their funding goal, and everyone's money is taken.

I'm sure having to wear pants in the Bahamas must suck.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Chef Boyardee!

Did you see my previous question about whether people might be able to buy the vidcon pack seperately outside of donating?

Reposted because it was at the end of the last page. I'd like to know this too, even though I gave enough for it.

jawbroken
Aug 13, 2007

messmate king
Doesn't seem worthwhile to sell it separately at the moment while the Kickstarter is running. The vidcon pack has been valued at $20 on Kickstarter and would have to be priced at least that much on its own to make sense. The point of those additional rewards is to get people to stretch how much they are willing to pay and unbundling things is likely to result in earning less money.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Y'all should do some T-shirts or something I guess, though I suppose that might be... too inexpensive.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Nessus posted:

Y'all should do some T-shirts or something I guess, though I suppose that might be... too inexpensive.

Pfff. T-shirts are for TREND. :colbert:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

I think you meant, "irrelevant."

Please, you discard his truthful translation for your eurocentric bastardization that couldn't possibly come close to truly conveying the emotions he meant to express.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

YourAverageJoe posted:

Please, you discard his truthful translation for your eurocentric bastardization that couldn't possibly come close to truly conveying the emotions he meant to express.

I don't know. I think it was just a typo.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Got to the party a bit late. In for :10bux:. I've been looking forward to this vidcon more than any in recent memory. No joke.

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly

BiggerJ posted:

Reposted because it was at the end of the last page. I'd like to know this too, even though I gave enough for it.

Hey, this is probably not going to be the case. I think everything available during this Kickstarter (other than the game) is only going to be available for now.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Make t-shirts, but just have them be white Hanes t-shirts with permanent marker B A RK LE Y 2 logos sketched on the upper right breast.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Lamhirh posted:

DWARFnet reminds me of the message boards in the .hack// games, which is probably where the inspiration came from.

In .hack//GU there was also Apkalu, a fanart board. It was supposed to be people of varying skill drawing things related to the game. Themselves, their friends, random NPCs/enemies, current events related to the plot, etc. And there would be comments, drawing tips, follow-up images, and friendly banter.

It seems like that kind of thing could be hilarious in a parody game like this.

That sounds like a really good idea. Maybe pair it with a "Get your art into Barkley 2" contest.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Schwarzwald posted:

I don't know. I think it was just a typo.

In a thread like this, it is impossible to tell whether it was intentional, ironic or canon.

Logiwonk
May 5, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Mordaedil posted:

In a thread like this, it is impossible to tell whether it was intentional, ironic or canon.

Warning: This thread is canon?

Logiwonk fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 12, 2012

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
All posts in this thread are cannon.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Spikey posted:

That sounds like a really good idea. Maybe pair it with a "Get your art into Barkley 2" contest.

Finally, a venue for my Shrekmono oekaki (that's "drawing" for you gaijin on board).

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Little late, but thanks for patching the Mac port of Barkley 1. I'm slammin and jammin and not studying for my finals

Any plans for more stretch goals?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Chef Boyardee posted:

Hey, this is probably not going to be the case. I think everything available during this Kickstarter (other than the game) is only going to be available for now.

So you mean we *won't* be able to buy the vidcon games later seperately? :(

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Zaa Boogie posted:

So you mean we *won't* be able to buy the vidcon games later seperately? :(
Well logically speaking, what are they going to say, 'sure, we'll be selling this thing later so you should not feel in any way obligated to contribute to the kickstarter in order to obtain it'? I realize this is probably a "holiday money is short but I'd like to play them later" deal but really! Vidcon's require a budget, if nowhere near the bloated AAA extravagance of Madden or CODBLOPS or similar 'jock jams.'

Chef Boyardee
Oct 25, 2007

freindly
The problem is that a lot of them are games that we contributed to but aren't officially ToG, like a lot of the GZStorm games. First, they don't belong to us. We have permission to include them in the ToG pack (and we keep getting permission to include more games we worked on, so we're constantly adding to it) but they aren't our property. The second is that some of these games (like Sewer Goblet) break copyrights and we can't sell them.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'd hate to see you guys get sued over your unauthorized use of the registered trademark JenkemŽ

Kersch
Aug 22, 2004
I like this internet
This may be too much to hope for, but will you be making full use of Blast Processing?

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
Barkley 2 artist here! Speaking of the games pack, im going to be streaming as I polish up one of those games tonight. Starting in a couple minutes, probably going to be streaming for at least a couple hours.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/frankiesmile

Drop by and have a look! Theres gonna be some level design, pixel art, im gonna work on putting in sound effects and music Chef finishes up too, and ill show what the game looks like so far.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
^^ oh snap

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Wow, the sprite making process for Barkley 2 is pretty impressive, here's a speed up version of 6-8 hours of work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcyip_Yegw

This is real rad.

Lurdiak posted:

You should pop into FrankieSmileShow's stream sometime, he advertises it on his twitter whenever he goes live. It's even more fun to see him work live while singing along to Supertramp and making goofy jokes.

Take a look at my girlfriend.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ah Pook posted:

If you guys break 100k, I expect cooperative multiplayer. And for any hats you might sell, flexfit is a must.

Perhaps you missed something?

This game is not for TREND.

Not for CORPORATE ATTITUDE.

Not for "STONER".

Only true DOOM-MURDER HEADS.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
As a proud member of S.T.O.N.E.R (a paramilitary group) I gotta say this game series is for S.T.O.N.E.R.. .. Allah Ackbar.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Chef Spagettio said they are not wearing pants until the kickstarter is over, but in the comments on the kickstarter they said they are already wearing pants. What kind of scam are you trying to pull? You can not wear pants and not wear pants at that same time, this is ridiculous and I am going to inform the SEC about this.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Wasn't there a puzzle in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy that revolved around this exact issue?

You've got to find the "particle" in the "maze" that allows you to wear "pants" and "no pants" simultaneously.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
taking into account game canon i think you should have a parallel ice dimension in which hockey was banned after mario lemieux's slapshott and chaos deke destroyed proto-Detroit and gretzky rises as bladesport inquisitor

he learns to harness the power of zauberstick's, an ancient art of stick construction, that allows the wielder to control ultimate slapshott's techniques

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 13, 2012

Antinumeric
Nov 27, 2010

BoxGiraffe

wheez the roux posted:

taking into account game canon i think you should have a parallel ice dimension in which hockey was banned after mario lemieux's slapshott and chaos deke destroyed proto-Detroit and gretzky rises as bladesport inquisitor

he learns to harness the power of zauberstick's, an ancient art of stick construction, that allows the wielder to control ultimate slapshott's techniques

Stop spoiling the ending!

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Great to hear you got over any copyright issues Chef, thought that'd be an absolute nightmare.

Please include some stuff from the old GW G&D like a couple of the quotes you posted before, some of those RPG Maker blokes' wisdom deserve to be shared with the world.

Backed and dead keen.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

wheez the roux posted:

Ahaha, excuse me? You think hockey is worthy of even being mentioned in the same sentence as b-ball? That half-hearted American bastardization of the very CONCEPT of SPORT, which is nowhere NEAR achieving even HALF the grace and beauty of the ancient, yet honorable sport known as バスケットボール (basuke-tu-baru), hailing from the frozen mountains of the heart of Nippon? (that's Japan to you, i'm assuming that you are too much of an imbecile to know to know how to call things by their true names)

I bet you're even so retardedly moronic that you think the trite American "Power Rangers" is anything less than total garbage compared to the original Super Sentai shows. Hell, i bet you don't even KNOW that they exist, in your near-comatose stupor of beer pong and stupid hockey jocks. If you're not even going to bother being serious here, and keep insisting on dragging this discussion to the base level of your dumb caveman sport, i WILL have to PM a moderator and have them forcibly evict you from this thread. Good loving day, sir.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Wayne Gretzky and the NHLPA All-Stars-2 is being made by Tale's of Games/Conte's de Jeux.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Well, Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan are known collaborators. As a matter of fact they've been known to slam and jam together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px5njG8ikvo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Jibo posted:

Well, Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan are known collaborators. As a matter of fact they've been known to slam and jam together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px5njG8ikvo

I like how Jordan saves someone and Gretzky breaks a robot, but Bo just loving wrecks that machine and it explodes violently, presumably killing everyone operating it.