Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

ChakAttack posted:

Punisher's there because he's my boyfriend's favorite. :shrug:

Can't believe this isn't up on Hawkeye Initiative yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The sad thing about the hawkeye initiative is that most of them have way better anatomy than the original. I mean, look at her body there on the right, her torso just goes forever.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I still can't believe that Greg Horn cover was on a real published comic where nobody at any point thought, "Hey, maybe we shouldn't publish this degrading picture of a woman on her knees drinking off the floor like an animal alongside our flagship character"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

MikeJF posted:

The sad thing about the hawkeye initiative is that most of them have way better anatomy than the original. I mean, look at her body there on the right, her torso just goes forever.

The sad thing about the Hawkeye Initiative is that it started as "look how oversexualized female superheroes are and point it out by drawing them as some male hero like, i dunno, hawkeye" and it quickly became a meme of just
"LOL LOOK AT HAWKEYE DOING A SEXY POSE ROFL"

Fuckin' hate the internet.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Dacap posted:

I still can't believe that Greg Horn cover was on a real published comic where nobody at any point thought, "Hey, maybe we shouldn't publish this degrading picture of a woman on her knees drinking off the floor like an animal alongside our flagship character"

Oh dang, I thought it was just something he drew independently. What the hell was it a cover to?

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Sockser posted:

The sad thing about the Hawkeye Initiative is that it started as "look how oversexualized female superheroes are and point it out by drawing them as some male hero like, i dunno, hawkeye" and it quickly became a meme of just
"LOL LOOK AT HAWKEYE DOING A SEXY POSE ROFL"

Fuckin' hate the internet.

♬ That's just the way it is ♬

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Wendell posted:

Oh dang, I thought it was just something he drew independently. What the hell was it a cover to?

I had just assumed it was a cover, It could have been a fan commission I suppose, which would make much more sense.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Wendell posted:

Probably a variant for Batman Inc., since that's the Inc suit Bats is wearing.

Adam Strange
Oct 11, 2012

He laughs. The line goes dead.

TwoPair posted:

Probably a variant for Batman Inc., since that's the Inc suit Bats is wearing.

That's what I thought too, but after doing some internet searches, I think it's just a weird Greg Horn commission. If it was an Inc. variant, it would have been either for issue 1 or 2 of the first series since that's where the Catwoman team-up happened but no dice. Which make sense I suppose, because Batman is clearly black in that picture and Catwoman has never looked like that.

:iiam:

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

No one goes around packing a third shoe in case of ninja attack! :D

Oh yeah, like Batman wouldn't. :colbert:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The last page or so has had zero panels posted but lots of derailing.

POST FUNNY PANELS

(no the Hawkeye stuff does not count)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
ON IT BOSS

Dark Avengers 183: The Thunderbolts finally got back from their time-traveling adventure and Luke Cage is meeting the new and improved Man-Thing.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I love Troll's smug face when she says that. I love Man-Thing's new sentience, this will never get old. I loving love Thunderbolts Dark Avengers.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Iron Man #1

Fantastic Four #1

This issue is full of great stuff

Strontosaurus fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 11, 2012

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code

TwoPair posted:

ON IT BOSS

Dark Avengers 183: The Thunderbolts finally got back from their time-traveling adventure and Luke Cage is meeting the new and improved Man-Thing.

I can't believe there's an image of Man Thing talking in the funny panel thread, and it doesn't mention snitches.

Dark avengers 176

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Here, have some more Dark Avengers!

Dark Avengers #177

Luke Cage indulges himself.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Rocketeer: Cargo of Doom #2 - villainous plans can get kind of weird.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Scarlet Spider #12 - Kaine takes out a group of armed men trying to rob the Four Seasons where he's been staying. Coincidentally he was going to be kicked out because the ambassador of Belgium had his room reserved months ago.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Grifter #15

Pre new 52, Amanda Waller was fat.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Ha.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Wait, so Amanda Waller is no longer an overweight ~40 year old woman? Lame.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ever since Pam Grier played her in Smallville it seems DC/Time Warner had a mandate to make her sexy. Way to go DC. Truly pioneers and flying in the face of what may be even slightly unmarketable to maladjusted boys.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mind the walrus posted:

Ever since Pam Grier played her in Smallville it seems DC/Time Warner had a mandate to make her sexy. Way to go DC. Truly pioneers and flying in the face of what may be even slightly unmarketable to maladjusted boys.

I would say her in Smallville was pretty faithful

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

mind the walrus posted:

I always thought that CCH Pounder, who did her voice on the animated shows, would actually be a fine choice to play her in live action. She would probably need to gain some weight to be :airquote: comic accurate :airquote: but she can definitely pull off the intensity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOOzE_DFTyk

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

I would say her in Smallville was pretty faithful

I said "ever since." Up to that point there was never even an attempt to make Amanda Waller conventionally attractive, and the casting one of the definitive sexy ladies of the 70s as her was the pivot when the push to make Amanda Waller "normal" began. Not the reason, but definitely when it seems someone higher up was noticing Waller's likely role in any expanded DCU stories and was like "she has to be someone every boy in the audience wants to gently caress."

And I do maintain that CCH Pounder would be the perfect Amanda Waller. She did a phenomenal job voicing her in the animated series; going up against Kevin Conroy's Batman after he's had 12 years to make the role perfect and sounding like a genuine threat as a short and slightly overweight black woman is no easy task.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I guess even in 1973 Marvel was hearing it from the fans about the universe being too NY-centric.

Iron Man #62

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

Grifter #15

Pre new 52, Amanda Waller was fat.

What the gently caress is this poo poo.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

DarkCrawler posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo.

Apparently, they had to sexy-fy Amanda Waller so people wouldn't be turned off by having a fat black woman in their comic books. It's pretty awful.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

(not sure what it's from, probably hawkeye?)

Social Media everyone.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

(not sure what it's from, probably hawkeye?)

Social Media everyone.

This is amazing. Hawkguy is amazing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Man, how does Hawkeye not have time to catch up on TV? I know he's out Avenger-ing, but Spidey and Wolverine are the ones on 50 different teams. If they can find time, he certainly can.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

TwoPair posted:

Man, how does Hawkeye not have time to catch up on TV? I know he's out Avenger-ing, but Spidey and Wolverine are the ones on 50 different teams. If they can find time, he certainly can.

He gets distracted by all his hospital stays.

Dog Cops is probably on Showtime or something and the hospital doesn't get premium channels.

Yeah, that's it.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

Yes, that is Rorschach getting into Travis Bickle's Taxi. This is a real thing that actually happened

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Yes, that is Rorschach getting into Travis Bickle's Taxi. This is a real thing that actually happened

Well, poo poo. It does make sense, since they have the same attitudes towards crime, filth, et cetera.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
I didn't even bother with Before Watchmen, is it readable at all or just laughable?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Mister Roboto posted:

I didn't even bother with Before Watchmen, is it readable at all or just laughable?

Darwyn Cooke / Amanda Conner stuff is amazing. Straczynski's Dr Manhattan is sort of remarkable, but the Adam Hughes art (!!!) brings a lot to it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Mister Roboto posted:

Minutemen and Silk Spectre are alright, which is an opinion expressed by others and myself.

My own opinions on some others:
Don't bother with Rorschach and Comedian. Both have just felt like rough messes to me.
Ozymandias can be okay, if a bit eager to show a lot of little originating details for Veidt.
Nite Owl I haven't had complaints about.
Dr. Manhattan feels a little scattered, but could be worth a read if you like exploring how events could diverge.
Of all other characters, Moloch gets a 2-parter, and the first part wasn't a total disappointment.

I forget if there are any that I haven't covered. I think there's a Dollar Bill one-shot planned, which really perplexes me since I wouldn't think he merits too much examination.

Content: Dial H #7.
Nelson likes to be in character. Roxie is unamused.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
That Hawkeye #6 page gets lettered. Plus the page after. Linked because the book doesn't come out until next week.

http://i.imgur.com/JugIQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xT84l.jpg

(Images taken from CBR.)

Apparently Fraction said this, but I don't know how to use Twitter and can't find the original Tweet.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 14, 2012

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

He's gotten so many questions about DOG COPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Are they cops that are dogs, or are they cops that work with dogs, or are they cops that only work on dog related crime, or is it some sort of mix of the three? THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW!

• Locked thread