Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Also, I'm kind of dreading the first case where everyone's going to be full of crazy theories when it'll most likely just be a simple tutorial case (11037!)
I don't think so: most people who would play DR2 have already played DR1, so there's no need to go easy on them. It might have some new mechanics, but that doesn't mean that the case itself should be easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Now that I Know all the Characters names, I am now predicting what we are going to be calling each character.

I agree with all of these except Nanaki and Hiyoko, which are probably much easier to pronounce than their other names.

ApplesandOranges posted:

To be fair, almost all the trials were like this - beyond the 'culprit' and Kirigiri/Togami, Naegi had to pretty much steer everyone down the right track. It's just a lot more noticeable when the cast was whittled down to 6 people.

I think when you have a fairly large cast, there's bound to be some hand-holding along the way, and having one or two characters like that near the end would be pretty useful for the player themself, as a bit of a step-by-step walkthrough to solving the case. I do agree that having half of a survivor group be completely useless was a bust though. They might not be very smart in trials, but as long as they did something during the investigation phases I'd be satisfied.

Also, I'm kind of dreading the first case where everyone's going to be full of crazy theories when it'll most likely just be a simple tutorial case (11037!)

On one hand, it is probably going to be a tutorial case of sorts (to lure in people who didn't play the first, or introduce new mechanics between DR1 and DR2), but on the other hand, I think it'll likely be a lot harder than 11037 was - take the Ace Attorney games, for example. While each first case is definitely a tutorial(and in JFA it was definitely justified, since they had revamped the whole drat system), AA's tutorial is by far the simplest to get through, compared to JFA and T&Ts, which have to juggle the idea of introducing people to the series mechanics while making sure old hats don't get completely bored by not just making them the easiest solution possible.

It definitely won't be on par with an endgame case, but I wouldn't rule out a bit of trickery right off the bat.

I do hope we get a lot more proactive people this time. Fukawa/Syo, Hagakure, and Aoi were all pretty duds in the last third of DR1. Enjoyable characters, but they didn't really contribute at all.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

To be fair, almost all the trials were like this - beyond the 'culprit' and Kirigiri/Togami, Naegi had to pretty much steer everyone down the right track. It's just a lot more noticeable when the cast was whittled down to 6 people.

Hmm. Yeah, you're right...I *think* Ishimaru was gung-ho with a "Anybody but Mondo" stance during trial two... but still, those three were running things. Even if it means killing off Detective-y Character X after a trial or two so that Character Y can take up the mantle, DR2 really ought to deny itself this standard of using the same pair of characters plus the protag to spear-head EVERY investigation.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Oren mentioned, when he showed us Santa's official art, that he is not mentioned anywhere else besides that small mention in DR1(and I guess some official art).

Ledundead
Oct 10, 2012

Patter Song posted:

Mr. Francis York Morgan.
While on the beaches the sun can feel nice,
Beware, for soon comes trouble in Paradise.
So says Mr. Stewart.

Well.
http://tindeck.com/listen/jffi

edit: You have no idea how annoying it was trying to find a tree in the right spot for Togami to lean against.
edit2+3: Forgot to give York his pink blush and hair detail.

Ledundead fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 13, 2012

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm really interested in what Sonia Nevermind's SHSL skill is and how her character arc develops, from her demeanor so far and the Western name connection, I think that she's being set up as DR2's anti-Celes.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im just about done with Dangan Ronpa but I peeped a couple of refs that you never mentioned.

The Bancho character, Mondo, his gang is called Crazy Diamond. This is undeniably a Jojos Bizzare Adventure ref! Part 4's Jojo, Josuke, is a punk with a heart of gold, and his stand is named Crazy Diamond. Hes got a pomp too.

Also the switching between Genocider Sho and the lit girl is probably a Dragonball ref, when Lunch sneezed she swapped between a mild mannered housewife type personality and a guns blazing bank robber sort of personality.

Anyway, Ive got like 3 updates left until Im done with the last LP, thanks for all the hard work.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Jojo is known for using music references. You can't call it "undeniably" a Jojo reference when they're both referencing a well-known song.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

Hokuto posted:

Jojo is known for using music references. You can't call it "undeniably" a Jojo reference when they're both referencing a well-known song.

Right. The hair is also not an indication of reference because it's more of a visual trait of the japanese biker gang/punk archetype.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
However, given Junko's Dio pose, the popularity of JoJo and how aware of pop-culture this game is I'd say it is likely deliberate.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012
Everyone is loving insane.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

Prison Warden posted:

However, given Junko's Dio pose, the popularity of JoJo and how aware of pop-culture this game is I'd say it is likely deliberate.

To be fair, Jojo's is like one of the most well known series' in Japan.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

CommissarMega posted:

Would it be too much to speculate that the Board's lack of ability to cover the above incident up is what led to Monoworld? It certainly ties in somewhat tenuously to the first DR0 entry- if Junko (not repeating the meme here, just so's we're clear) wanted news about said incident to get out, there were no lack of fellow students who had the ability, especially if the adults in charge weren't SHSL-anybodies (which is kind of odd, considering that Hope's Peak was in operation for hundreds of years).

To get back on track, I wonder which way the plot of Zero is going. If it's going to be a murder mystery like the games, perhaps it will deal with the students (particularly a certain SHSL Detective) deciding to investigate the incident mentioned in the last update, since the staff has decided to hush it up.

This also leads to another question; is this incident the Despairing Incident mentioned in the first game, or is it simply the prelude to something bigger, which results in the Monoworld shown at the end of the first game? It'd be ironic if the people investigating this incident ended up unwittingly causing the disaster which led to the events of the first game.

Louispul5
Oct 10, 2012
How exactly were they in the classroom on the island already, if Hinata walked into the classroom from outside in a hallway?

Or is it another, "Don't think about it too hard, a talking stuffed animal did it." like Monobear somehow conquering the world from the first game?

Conro101
Jan 6, 2012

Dr. Conro James Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master

Louispul5 posted:

How exactly were they in the classroom on the island already, if Hinata walked into the classroom from outside in a hallway?

Or is it another, "Don't think about it too hard, a talking stuffed animal did it." like Monobear somehow conquering the world from the first game?
It was more of a black void then a hallway, but if there was a hall before the classroom, it probably wouldn't be much trouble to simply make the classroom and the hall two different pieces and just remove the hall once everyone's inside.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I love how they managed to invoke the same sense of isolation and confinement as in the first game.

The first game has this wonderfully oppressive atmosphere; oddly lit corridors and the omnipresent steel plates bolted over the windows cultivated a sense of claustrophobic dread. Even as the new floors opened up and more and more rooms became available, you can't ever forget that they're all stuck in there together, possibly forever, with potentially volatile strangers who could snap at any moment.

And now we're on an island... there's bright sunlight, blue skies, possibly a cool breeze and the gentle sound of the waves crashing against the shore... but even as idyllic as it seems, it still doesn't change the fact that they're still cut off from the rest of the world. Isolated. Confined. Trapped with a bunch of strangers and a bizarre talking stuffed animal who wants God only knows what from them.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

orenronen posted:

"Make no mistake. We are not covering this incident up to escape responsibility. If I could end it all here and now by simply taking responsibility, I would do so in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, this particular incident cannot be dealt with that easily. It doesn’t even matter if each and every one of us ‘takes responsibility’. We’re dealing with a problem that exists in an entirely different dimension."

I'm really wondering how much to read in to the whole "different Dimension" thing.

I mean, the circumstances about this whole island adventure thing is reallly bizarre as it is, and if this really is the future from DR1, why would Togami re-attend the high school? I mean, I know it is certainly possible to ..... let yourself go within a few months to a year, but ....

I don't know, something's not right about Togami being here. Well, I guess its pointless to speculate on why at this point, but still, alternate dimensions wouldn't be the weirdest thing DR has done.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

I love how they managed to invoke the same sense of isolation and confinement as in the first game.

The first game has this wonderfully oppressive atmosphere; oddly lit corridors and the omnipresent steel plates bolted over the windows cultivated a sense of claustrophobic dread. Even as the new floors opened up and more and more rooms became available, you can't ever forget that they're all stuck in there together, possibly forever, with potentially volatile strangers who could snap at any moment.

And now we're on an island... there's bright sunlight, blue skies, possibly a cool breeze and the gentle sound of the waves crashing against the shore... but even as idyllic as it seems, it still doesn't change the fact that they're still cut off from the rest of the world. Isolated. Confined. Trapped with a bunch of strangers and a bizarre talking stuffed animal who wants God only knows what from them.

What's really interesting though is the stark contrast between them though.

Sure they both share an isolated environment, but one is, arguably, considerably
more....pleasant.

The school was set up to feel like a prison, the main theme of course, being despair, with Hope triumphing in the end.

This time though....the environment is a calm, sunny beach / island that for the most part we can assume to be "safe." for the time being. It feels like a total flip-flop.

TKMobile
Apr 30, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Well, I mentioned this earlier as speculation but I think it's a double edge sword here. An island has got to be bigger than the original School from DR1 and that *will* play a factor into whatever's coming, so the stage itself is more open and varied than the original school, but it's far, far more isolated.

I guess that just makes this a bigger fishbowl than before... Though speaking of omnipresent, if it really is a whole island, how's surveillance gonna work?

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Now I wonder if they are going to have sections of the island fenced off to be revealed later, or if not what they are going to do to help each chapter have a sense of discovery that in the same way that DR1 did.

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.

Joenen posted:

What's really interesting though is the stark contrast between them though.

Sure they both share an isolated environment, but one is, arguably, considerably
more....pleasant.

The school was set up to feel like a prison, the main theme of course, being despair, with Hope triumphing in the end.

This time though....the environment is a calm, sunny beach / island that for the most part we can assume to be "safe." for the time being. It feels like a total flip-flop.

You know, going off of that, the Hope's Peak being a dungeon was unintentional. Originally it was supposed to be a safe haven for the people, meant to keep them in there willingly. A Place of Hope that became a place of Despair.

This seems very much the same, a place of Hope- beauty joy and such- that might end up becoming a place of Despair for some reason or another. For some reason, I want it to stay a place of hope for at least an update more, if only to delay the inevitable.

Edit: To add a bit more substance, I have to say I'm enjoying the simultaneous Zero and Two readings. It's interesting to see a novel that probably won't be brought into America, especially with how well Orenronen translated the original work.

Also, Orenronen, if it isn't too much work, could you tell us the Kanji used for the characters? I like knowing them since writers pick Kanji for specific reasons.

HangedManArcana fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 14, 2012

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Okay I really enjoyed how this started out the same as DR1, to the point I was :rolleyes:.. and then bam we're on a desert island you didn't really think things were gonna be the same this time did you upupupupu~

I really hope that's a sign of things to come, subverting what we've gotten accustomed to in the first game. The similar-but-new set of characters is encouraging.
Also looking forward to OP-approved fanart of Ibuki because she is ballin.

TehDuke
Oct 17, 2012

Who am I?
What is happening?
Why is butterscotch?
With this discussion of Fatogami, I started wondering about where the other survivors of DR1 ended up. The only one whose whereabouts we know is Togami here, and the jury's still out on Naegi Nagito. There's really no clue where Kirigiri, Asahina, or Hagakure could be, but it's safe to assume that Syo/Fukawa would want to be close to Togami. Somehow that got me thinking that Togami's weight is somehow tied to Syo/Fukawa. Level with me here a second, I'll explain.

Now, Syo's a serial killer, and she obsesses over and kills guys who turn her on. Togami falls squarely in that group, and if the world's in as bad a shape as Junko wanted us to believe, it's unlikely that Syo would easily find anyone else to obsess over. In that case, Togami's at a much higher risk of being killed by Syo.

So what's a guy to do to avoid a fatal case of Bloodstain Fever? I mean, he could just outright kill Syo/Fukawa, but I don't think Togami would be so keen on that given the events of DR1. It seems odd, but a more humane way to prevent that would be to make it so he doesn't turn on Syo anymore.

Now, we only ever see two of Syo's other victims, other guys who turned her on:
They're both pretty skinny guys, pretty much the only discernable trait I can see that they share(d) with Togami.

Not to mention, there's this quote from the first update:

orenronen posted:

I don't feel like arguing about my body weight right now, but that voice wasn't coming from me.
I could be wrong here, but it seems like Togami's none too happy about his weight; being forced to gain it to avoid being brutally murdered could help explain this.

Of course, this theory assumes a lot, and would really be a kind of silly way to deal with the problem (not that these games don't have their silly moments). It also sounds pretty drat shallow, but I wouldn't put it above Syo to think that way. And in the end we basically know nil about what happened in between games, so there's that. Regardless, given how drastic the change in Togami is from DR1 to DR2, there is almost certainly is a reason for it. I mean, the game wouldn't change his weight so much just to gently caress with us...
... would it? :ohdear:

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
If Togami really did infiltrate this version of Hope Academy, how did he deal with the memory loss experienced by everyone. It seems plausible that this is Togami, but the change in time is difficult to explain. Also the room probably didn't start out at the island given that Hinata had to make an entrance.

I also don't think that Nagito is Naegi, he doesn't strike as me willing to use subterfuge like that.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Conro101 posted:

It was more of a black void then a hallway, but if there was a hall before the classroom, it probably wouldn't be much trouble to simply make the classroom and the hall two different pieces and just remove the hall once everyone's inside.

On another hand, I would not be surprised if the mastermind has the same memory wipe trick as Junko and the corrupted part of Hinata's narrative is actually an effect from that.

I am not comfortable of Togami's reappearance, by the way, for several reasons:

1. It appears thus far that Junko has lied and Monocalypse never happened. In that case, Togami would get a better result by using his considerable influence to eliminate the remainder of the SHSL Despair group rather than enter the game.

2. Togami has sworn in DR1 that he would eliminate Monobear. If you are the mastermind of DR2 and heard about his escape (which is very well-known thanks to Junko broadcasting everything), would you eliminate/avoid him or let him into your game and unravel everything?

3. Junko has said the only students in her year were the DR1 cast, which means everyone except Togami in the DR2 is from another year. Should anyone of them had done their homework pre-entry like Naegi did, they will know that something is not right. (Even if the DR2 mastermind has access to Junko-style memory wipe, I doubt he/she would use it to remove stuff before they enter Hope's Peak).

At this point, I would like to propose a theory:

Togami and co. discover a group of SHSL student somewhere, but they suspect that one or more of them is part of SHSL Despair, so they organized a "field-trip" to rat that person out. Fatogami is some sort of SHSL Body Double who is ordered to take Togami's place and observe everybody.

Unfortunately, there is indeed an SHSL Despair (the mastermind of DR2) who turned the table around and started his/her little murder game on the island.

Of course, if it turns out to be a computer simulation after all :downs:, none of that would matter.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

December Octopodes posted:

If Togami really did infiltrate this version of Hope Academy, how did he deal with the memory loss experienced by everyone. It seems plausible that this is Togami, but the change in time is difficult to explain. Also the room probably didn't start out at the island given that Hinata had to make an entrance.

I also don't think that Nagito is Naegi, he doesn't strike as me willing to use subterfuge like that.
What do you mean "this version of Hope Academy"? Are you talking about the one we saw at the beginning with Hinata? I'm pretty sure that is the same one Naegi and co. entered. While yes there may be "xx years later" stuff involved, but there is no heavy proof of that yet.

The way I see it, the same thing that happened to Naegi and co., with their memories, happened with Hinata and co. but they just lost it way later, besides Togami I guess.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Speculation time: if this Byakuya Togami is the same one from the previous game (and all evidence points that way, sudden weight-tripling aside), who's to say he "infiltrated" this group willingly? If we assume this is also some kind of SHSL Despair exercise potentially being televised, capturing one of the survivors of the previous round to memory-wipe and stick back into the death games is potentially a masterstroke of despair, and Togami strikes me as probably the easiest to recapture of the DR1 survivors, since he's willful and probably acting openly in his attempts to fight against Despair and regain his family's fortune. The rest are presumably either sensible enough to go underground or not interesting enough to want to capture again for another despair game.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Do we have any hard evidence to indicate that the events of this game occur after the events of the first? It's possible that Monoworld doesn't exist yet, and Togami was mind-wiped after the events of this game, to compete again. Alternatively, he may of joined the first game of his own free will, to stop the conspiracy.

Nothing like a desert island to make you shed weight after all.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 14, 2012

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Quote is not edit. Sorry.

persistentminiboss
Feb 16, 2012
I just want to take a moment to appreciate how dedicated this game series is to throwing people for a loop. After all the murder and despair of the first game, I don't think anyone expected the game to open with a magic wabbit announcing that there's to be no murder on her friendship island followed by an opening straight out of a creepy dating sim, unnecessarily long lingering shots on the female casts' legs and all.

So how long do you guys think Togami's going to last, being a returning champion of sorts this time around? Think he can pull his weight enough to make it through two rounds of this?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

fool_of_sound posted:

Do we have any hard evidence to indicate that the events of this game occur after the events of the first? It's possible that Monoworld doesn't exist yet, and Togami was mind-wiped after the events of this game, to compete again. Alternatively, he may of joined the first game of his own free will, to stop the conspiracy.

Nothing like a desert island to make you shed weight after all.

It's not impossible, but the pre-DR1 timeline was pretty much established in that game: the characters entered Hope's Peak together as a class and spent a year in school, Monoworld erupted, their memories were erased to continue life in Hope's Peak, and at some point the events of DR1 began. It's possible that somewhere in there Togami was abducted to the events of this game, but it seems unlikely.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

persistentminiboss posted:

So how long do you guys think Togami's going to last, being a returning champion of sorts this time around? Think he can pull his weight enough to make it through two rounds of this?

Have you ever tried to kill someone that fat? The attacks would just bounce off him

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Huh, so that is why he became fat. According to Junko Monoworld was a pretty dangerous place...

On a more serious note, unless we have another characer who starts to play a similar role to Maizono(but I don't think they will use that same plot device again), Togami is doomed.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I know theorizing about Togami using wild speculation is verboten, so I'm only going to go by what we've seen so far of him, and in contrast with the Togami of DR1. Just based on what he's said so far, Fat Togami is far more proactive than DR1 Togami, which I find kind of interesting. If this is the same Togami, could his experience in DR1 have influenced him to become more proactive and more of a leader, even if he doesn't seem to remember those events (although on that front, it's too early to tell)?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

They're going to make this a running gag in the Dangan Ronpa series. Byakuya Togami is going to show up in every game and never die, ever.

On that note, I bet he's going to show up in Zero, too. Just a hunch.

Lamhirh
Sep 8, 2012

Spatula City posted:

I know theorizing about Togami using wild speculation is verboten, so I'm only going to go by what we've seen so far of him, and in contrast with the Togami of DR1. Just based on what he's said so far, Fat Togami is far more proactive than DR1 Togami, which I find kind of interesting. If this is the same Togami, could his experience in DR1 have influenced him to become more proactive and more of a leader, even if he doesn't seem to remember those events (although on that front, it's too early to tell)?

We've barely seen any interactions so I'm basing this off of very little, but I don't think that Togami and Naegi[to] are completely mind-wiped the same way they were before the first game. Their memory is clearly foggy, but they're showing the character growth from the first game. Togami is like you said, he would never have asked about everyone's memories at the start of the first game. Naegi is acting like Kirigiri. They seem much more composed overall, neither was shocked by Usami's appearance, and Naegi jumped to conclusions with the "you're going to force us to kill each other!?" line.

They might just be trying to avoid drawing suspicion and are saving the "Hey buddy, doesn't this remind you of that time last year?" until they're alone.

I'm really interested in how "Nagito" will be introduced, once it gets to the introductions. He can't exactly call himself Super High-school Level Hope right off the bat, especially since that's Usami's spiel. But he doesn't seem like a completely average guy selected by lottery anymore. Will be interesting if he claims to have a specialty now, especially if it's as a detective.

followed by an opening straight out of a creepy dating sim, unnecessarily long lingering shots on the female casts' legs and all.

I liked it. :v:

Lamhirh fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 14, 2012

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wyvernil posted:

This also leads to another question; is this incident the Despairing Incident mentioned in the first game, or is it simply the prelude to something bigger, which results in the Monoworld shown at the end of the first game?

Why not both? Let's assume that one of the students, being SHSL-Talented in something that could be downright nasty (Biologist makes super virus, Physicist makes world-cracking bomb etc.), the Board tries to cover it up, and botches it. Then the peoples of the world find out that the school which was a beacon of hope for hundreds of years might actually end up causing the Apocalypse- bam! Instant Monoworld as people give in to despair and lose all will to live. After that, DR1 happens as Junko takes her frustrations out on her classmates who, perhaps because of Naegi and/or their existing ties of friendship, might not have given into despair like the rest.

I also have ideas about how this could tie into DR2, but since they're purely my gut feelings rather than based on any real evidence, I'll withhold them for now.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Dec 14, 2012

Lady Rapunzel
Nov 2, 2012
Go Oren! Translate like a boss! Translate the way to the future! Or to the end of this insane video game.

Thank you Oren for translating the light novel. I think I am beginning to become so much of a fan of this series that I will buy the two soundtrack discs from Amazon JP. Also thank you for inspiring me to figure out how to use amazon JP for my fan sillyness. You are pretty awesome!

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I like the idea of Togami and Naegi deciding to devote themselves to fighting SHSL Despair for the rest of their lives. They're a great odd couple, but they both have the motivation: Naegi is the living embodiment of hope and Togami is spiteful enough that he will put his plans for global domination on hold until the people that destroyed his family power base and source of capital suffer for what they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay, do we even know for sure based on what little we know that Nagito is Naegi? It seems a bit crazy to be making wild speculations like this just because of Nagito's name being an anagram. I mean, yes, it can very much an implication of him being Naegi, but the thing is his appearance is drastically different from Naegi's while remaining very similar, which leads me to believe his name and appearance are meant to invoke the thought of Naegi more than they're meant to actually say "HEY IT'S NAEGI." I could end up being drastically wrong about it, but I do think everybody's kinda jumping to conclusions with what little we actually have to go on here.

I wouldn't bring this up if it weren't for people acting like it's a foregone conclusion and treating the character as if he is Naegi from the START OF THE GAME.

• Locked thread