Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Swipe down on the screen, I've heard.

Gee that would have been nice to have as a prompt on screen, or perhaps have a small mention in all 2 pages of the manual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think anyone who got over 1000 votes is in consideration, and the three will be decided from a combination of popularity, negotiability, and franchise representation. That means Vectorman, Bayonetta, Ristar, and Toejam/Earl are also possibilities. It's a good field.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Oh poo poo, Vectorman could himself be the vehicle.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Supercar Gautier posted:

I think anyone who got over 1000 votes is in consideration, and the three will be decided from a combination of popularity/negotiability. That means Vectorman, Bayonetta, Ristar, and Toejam/Earl are also possibilities. It's a good field.

Ah right, I re-read those rules and yeah, it's a pretty good spread. Unfortuantely, Opa Opa, Space Harrier, and Bonanza Bros. didn't make it so screw you Sega fans. :smith:

Hell, Opa Opa would've been the easiest to model and animate. Just reuse the assets from the last game. It ain't like Opa Opa needs a vehicle or to transform into others to glide across the roads and water and fly in the sky.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's worth remembering that they're only promising to present the winners to Sega, not that all or any of them are actually guaranteed to ever appear as DLC.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Ah right, I re-read those rules and yeah, it's a pretty good spread. Unfortuantely, Opa Opa, Space Harrier, and Bonanza Bros. didn't make it so screw you Sega fans. :smith:

Hell, Opa Opa would've been the easiest to model and animate. Just reuse the assets from the last game. It ain't like Opa Opa needs a vehicle or to transform into others to glide across the roads and water and fly in the sky.

Space Harrier Dude can pilot Opa-Opa for double the fanservice!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Space Harrier Dude can pilot Opa-Opa for double the fanservice!

They can be called "Team Fantasy Zone". :allears:

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Speaking of which, if Bayonetta makes it in I hope she's just standing on top of a missile like in that one Space Harrier inspired level.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Gutcruncher posted:

Just got Sonic Racing. The moment I think the game cant top itself in awesomeness, the Skies of Arcadia stage happens. Everyone should buy this game.

I'll probably like it more on the pc version, but the frame rate and places itll randomly consider me out of bounds (i was on the edge of that bridge for half a second and it did the oob / zoom out while I was driving normally right after) have made me dread it somewhat.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

If Toejam and Earl become racers, I'm buying this game immediately.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Robolizard! posted:

I'll probably like it more on the pc version, but the frame rate and places itll randomly consider me out of bounds (i was on the edge of that bridge for half a second and it did the oob / zoom out while I was driving normally right after) have made me dread it somewhat.

It's glitchy even after the patch that finally made some basic functions work correctly but it's also loads of fun. And the Wii U version is the one that has five players in the same room and that was a pretty fun thing to do. If you're not setting up racing teams then you're not doing it right.

Behonkiss
Feb 10, 2005
Question time again. I'm planning on doing the Wii to Wii U data transfer later today, but was wondering one little thing. I've already copied some Miis to my Wii U using the 3DS. These Miis originated from the Wii, and since all of those will apparently be brought over to the Wii U, will anything get messed up by having them already exist on the target console?

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Behonkiss posted:

Question time again. I'm planning on doing the Wii to Wii U data transfer later today, but was wondering one little thing. I've already copied some Miis to my Wii U using the 3DS. These Miis originated from the Wii, and since all of those will apparently be brought over to the Wii U, will anything get messed up by having them already exist on the target console?

No. It will just mean that you have copies of the same Miis on both the Wii U operating system and the Wii Menu on the Wii U (which are separate from each other).

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

Gutcruncher posted:

Gee that would have been nice to have as a prompt on screen, or perhaps have a small mention in all 2 pages of the manual.

I know, right? Two other things I've discovered from other players, rather than actual game documentation:

You can also play with a different controller in Career by pressing + on it instead of the GamePad at the title screen. This still lets you use the GamePad as a map, almost like a really big DS. I personally don't prefer it, but it's nice that it's there.

Also, you can join friends' online custom games by pressing Y and selecting them at the front end. I don't think you can pop yourself in to a matchmaking round like MK7, though.

To Vex a Stranger
Mar 15, 2004
Rawr!
Does ZombiU not come with club Nintendo points? I'm not finding any in my box :(

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Boba1213 posted:

Does ZombiU not come with club Nintendo points? I'm not finding any in my box :(

There was no points for my Sonic Racing either.

:negative:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Same with Scribblenauts. :smith:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Only first party retail games (and some third party ones, as I've found on the 3DS) come with Club Nintendo codes. You might get lucky and get one of the rare third party games that do it, but its not something you should expect. Alternatively, everything you download from the eShop will give you coins, regardless of who the publisher is.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

So far my only 3DS game without a code was Code of Princess, I was really expecting everything to have them from now on

Spectracide
May 27, 2004
IT'S ARGH, BABY!
Anyone seen Jeopardy in stores, and for how much? Read on Miiverse it's $40 but retailer websites say it's either not released, out of stock, or $50.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Boba1213 posted:

I think only first party titles have Club Nintendo points, they sometimes come with third party titles but it's rare

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
A game comes with points whether or not its first party so long as Nintendo publishes it. Other publishers will not give points.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Other publishers definitely give points, at least on 3DS. I got a bunch from Ubisoft and Sega games, I think even Nano Assault had some.

Obscure Reference
Jun 21, 2006

Astro7x posted:

I think only first party titles have Club Nintendo points, they sometimes come with third party titles but it's rare

I got some with buying ZombiU via the eShop. I'm thinking that I'll just stick with digital purchases in future, long download times be damned.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I was actually considering buying SiNG Party due to the fact it came with a microphone, and then I found out you cannot switch off vocal tracks meaning you're not really karaoking. You're just singing with a song.

This means, of course, the whole thing is loving pointless.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
WiiU game sales, starting Sunday and lasting for a week:

Target: Buy 2 Get 1 Free on all WiiU games.

Toys R Us:
Buy a WiiU game priced at or above $49.99, get $5 off price.
Buy 2 WiiU games priced at or above $49.99 each, get $25 off the total of the 2.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Yechezkel posted:

Toys R Us:
Buy 2 WiiU games priced at or above $49.99 each, get $25 off the total of the 2.

Just to add to this, TRU is selling a bunch of Wii games for cheap, including the first Mario Galaxy for $10. Here's the list I posted yesterday:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507212&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=229#post410583064

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Just to add to this, TRU is selling a bunch of Wii games for cheap, including the first Mario Galaxy for $10. Here's the list I posted yesterday:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3507212&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=229#post410583064

Getting Mario Galaxy for less than an N64 game just seems really wrong.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I see that now that the AU club Nintendo site is back up and running, they still have absolute poo poo when it comes to redeeming your points.

I think the best thing is a book mark or a kick in the gonads. Seriously.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Puddin posted:

I see that now that the AU club Nintendo site is back up and running, they still have absolute poo poo when it comes to redeeming your points.

gently caress me. Well, I won't bother spending half a day doing surveys for the uh...seven or so codes I have floating around.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The AU catalogue randomly had the SNES Classic Controller one day but it disappeared really quickly, so I've been hoarding my stars and waiting patiently for it to come back in stock (this will never happen).

They could at least give us digital games every now and again like NA does.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Yechezkel posted:

Toys R Us:

To add to this a bit more, I picked up NMSBU today from Toys R Us and got a $10 gift card with it. I used a $20 Groupon to pick it up too so booonus.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Has anyone seen any European sale numbers?
There's still, in Denmark at least, very little (or none) buzz around the console. I'm curious if this is the case in the rest of Europe also.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kirbysuperstar posted:

gently caress me. Well, I won't bother spending half a day doing surveys for the uh...seven or so codes I have floating around.

It's worth redeeming them, because once in a blue moon when the stars align and all the cosmos are in balance, we occasionally get something good like the Legend of Zelda posters or the Gold Nunchuk.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Getting Mario Galaxy for less than an N64 game just seems really wrong.

Just shows how outlandish Nintendo's Virtual Console pricing is.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
$10-12 is a completely reasonable price for any of the N64 games up on the VC.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I'm not going to change your opinion and you're not going to change mine so let's not have this discussion again.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Looks like Monolith Soft (devs of Xenoblade, in case you forgot) looks up to Betheseda while working on their new Wii U-title.
I dunno if that's a good thing though.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

So theyre gonna purposely cause the Wii U to lock up when trying to quit the game? I guess that's impressive in its own way.

Rake Arms
Sep 15, 2007

It's just not the same without widescreen.

I dunno, this kinda thing gets me excited. I thought they were just using Bethesda as an example of a powerhouse developer that makes enormous games in the west. They're saying that they want their Wii U project to prove that Japanese game design can match the scope of western-developed games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Rake Arms posted:

I dunno, this kinda thing gets me excited. I thought they were just using Bethesda as an example of a powerhouse developer that makes enormous games in the west. They're saying that they want their Wii U project to prove that Japanese game design can match the scope of western-developed games.

I just hope it means that the next xeno will take place on a mountain full of old men that have the secret of lizard shouting.

• Locked thread