Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Elotana posted:

SOMEONE ANSWER ME

Drell Assassin Infiltrator Tactical Cloak

Rank 6a: Bonus power
Fire one power while cloaked and remain hidden.

Rank 6b: Bruce Lee sounds
Light melee attacks will now be accompanied by WOOOOOOOOOOOO and HYAAAAA sound effects. No additional effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I want a Drell who is essentially Law from Tekken (who is ersatz Bruce Lee anyway). Complete with grapple where you wall-run up a dude's torso and elbow drop him. Biower pls

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Elotana posted:

SOMEONE ANSWER ME

Just the regular sniper rifle one. It's also interesting to note that, because recon mine doesn't seem to affect your cloak at all, and your other power is a grenade, bonus power is completely useless to the Drell Infiltrator.

I went to the invasive scan build, and it is pretty great. +80% from Damage-spec cloak + 25% from recon mine on all your weapons damage, with cloak-boosted homing grenades, makes for a ton of damage. Getting caught means you die pretty much instantly but in the meantime you can do quite a lot of damage.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009
Just checked, Rank 6 cloak is the usual Bonus Power/Sniper Rifle Damage choice.

EDIT: Aaaaaand beaten.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea the Vol guard looks amazingly fun and ridiculously durable.

AND I FINALLY GOT A KROGUARD. :rock:

I love those character packs already.

Also I decided to try the shadow out on gold since that's the difficulty that matters, I did better than I thought I would, I only went down about 3 times, usually to some bullshit, she's really destructive with all the melee bonuses. Though it seems there's a number of things that give her issues, you need full shields if you're gonna melee a ravager otherwise the acid pools will obliterate you, brutes seem to start turning around as you're about to slash em, also a few times I went for the slash and ended up getting staggered, guess I hit his rear end bone or something.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

BreakAtmo posted:

I imagined that the advantage of the Volus Vanguard would be him being the most mobile medic. Someone's down across the map. Charge the closest enemy (assuming there aren't too many) and revive/shield boost. Have you found this to be true at all?

I would say that this is pretty true. You can charge in cloaked and get them up without being shot at much while they're staggered and looking for someone else to shoot because you're invisible.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
The volus vanguard needs his own spin off game, comic, merchandise and anime. I even put an eviscerator on mine and gave him weapon damage out of charge.

You can also reverse charge by walking backwards and shield boosting. :v:

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Stickman posted:

If it works like arc grenades, then you'll want to be cloaked when you set off the explosion, but not necessarily when you drop the mine.

Yeah, after some light testing, it seems the cloak boost to recon mine only occurs if you detonate while cloaked. Firing the mine while cloaked and detonating while uncloaked gives no extra damage. Because the cooldown on mine is so long, the way to go is to fire and detonate in the one cycle.

I'm finding it hard to build my guy. Here's how I'm thinking:
Cloak: Minmum 4
Grenade: 6
Recon Mine: 6
Drell Assassin: 4, but I wan't that extra power damage of rank 5
Fitness: ??? Rank 6 movement speed not mandatory on this Drell

I guess I could go 4/6/6/5/5 with 2 left over points?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Question: The Arsenal Pack has an increased chance for weapons, but does it also have an increased chance for gear? Or is that the same as a PSP as far as gear goes?

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

I'm gonna go 5/4/6/5/6, homing grenades are just not all that great by themselves

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Elotana posted:

I'm gonna go 5/4/6/5/6, homing grenades are just not all that great by themselves

evo 6 weakens enemy armor, right? That's my main use for them as a Demolisher, is to grenade a target I've gotten down to armor (or that is armor, brutes for example) so my followup barrage of gunfire obliterates them.

I could see cloak -> grenade -> gun (or given the travel time, grenade, wait, cloak->gun as soon as the grenade hits) working pretty well but that's all theorycrafting.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I like to keep both grenades specced to 6 because I like the versatility of being able to reliably take out armor and/or shields but that's just me. Maybe I'm spreading it too thin.

E: nevermind. Thought we were talking about demolishers.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?
I'm thinking maybe skip homing grenade, or take it to 3-4 and mainly concentrate on stacking damage bonuses. 80% from cloak, 25% from recon mine, ~30% from passive weapon damage options and another 50% or so from weapon mods and gear. Could be pretty nice.

VVV Good point. Though if you did use a sniper, I think the 25% bonus at rank 6 is multiplicative. Even more damage :getin:

Pumpking fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Dec 19, 2012

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Pumpking posted:

I'm thinking maybe skip homing grenade, or take it to 3-4 and mainly concentrate on stacking damage bonuses. 80% from cloak, 25% from recon mine, ~30% from passive weapon damage options and another 50% or so from weapon mods and gear. Could be pretty nice.

Unless you're set on using a sniper rifle you could go 4/6/6/6/4. Should be good with a Piranha.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Okay, There's a ton of poo poo to buy now and I don't have any plat waves/clears on my record. Why not kill two birds with one stone? Who wants to bank some spacebucks and kill some bosses?

Gangringo on Origin.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Gordon Shumway posted:

Question: The Arsenal Pack has an increased chance for weapons, but does it also have an increased chance for gear? Or is that the same as a PSP as far as gear goes?

I bought a few and it seems like it's just a specter pack, but you get 2 rare guns. Not too sure about how it handles ultra rares, but the description doesn't mention any extra chance so I don't think there is one.

I just want a Kishock dammit! :argh:

Moose12
Dec 8, 2007

shit YEAH
Thank the lord for these reserve packs, I want to fill out all my characters. Speaking of, just unlocked the Geth infiltrator, whats the best way to spec him out and use him?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well that's certainly an update. :staredog:

Time to make some drat spacebucks. Anyone wanna goon it up, I'm all available.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Enter Char posted:

I bought a few and it seems like it's just a specter pack, but you get 2 rare guns. Not too sure about how it handles ultra rares, but the description doesn't mention any extra chance so I don't think there is one.

I just want a Kishock dammit! :argh:

Since packs roll for card type first (character, weapon, gear, etc) before rolling rarity, even if the Arsenal Packs have the same UR rate, they should have a higher drop rate if UR weapons (because they drop more weapons in general). Of course I'm assuming Bioware left the UR rate alone, so who knows? With such low drop rates there's no way to be sure until BSN compiles a thousand or so open packs.

I'll probably keep rolling regular spectre packs. At the rate I've been getting Silver gear I'll probably max my URs first!

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Moose12 posted:

Thank the lord for these reserve packs, I want to fill out all my characters. Speaking of, just unlocked the Geth infiltrator, whats the best way to spec him out and use him?

He's a decent sniper but I prefer to use him as a shotgun Infiltrator myself and use the SalInf as my dedicated sniping class instead. Hunter mode is quite handy for shotgun Infiltrator.

I think I'm using a bit of an unorthodox 4/6/6/6/4 build, something like this here for mine. The nice thing about not using him as a sniper Infiltrator is that you can leave Cloak at 4 and distribute the remaining points however you like.

Use Prox. Mine as an opener when emerging from Cloak and then just proceed to fry whatever you just weakened and staggered with the mine with your Reegar.

Level 4 Hunter Mode is up to your preference, but since I mostly use the Reegar, I don't need the accuracy bonus and therefore use Recharge Speed bonus. I would recommend going with Speed & Vision for level 6 because the additional vision range bonus makes a huge difference in my opinion.

How you want to distribute your class passive and fitness skills is up to you I guess. I personally find that I have enough survivability without leveling fitness to 6, what with Hunter Vision and Cloak, so I level fitness to 4 and dump the rest in the passive mostly for extra weapon damage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Volus Vanguard more like LOLus Vanguard right guys?

I mean holy crap, what a fun class. Not OP but definitely P.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

precision posted:

Volus Vanguard more like LOLus Vanguard right guys?

I mean holy crap, what a fun class. Not OP but definitely P.

As opposed to the Rolus that the other 3 are? Seriously, my first Volus game, I just rolled around yelling “THIS ALMOST MAKES UP FOR THE ENDING"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh, one thing about the VolGuard, at least on PS3.

Apparently he is subject to Vanguard Rapture, the likes of which haven't been A Thing since like 6 months ago.

It's a different kind of Vanguard Rapture though. Here's what happened: The guy died, and his body was showing as being underneath the Reactor on Firebase of the same name. Every round after that, he was apparently doing stuff, occasionally showed up on the kill feed and also died sometimes, but none of us could see him.

Then one wave I died and went to his perspective. He was alive but there was nothing on the screen but a white-hot ball of glowing... glow. I took a picture of it, let me get my phone:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Does the biotic explosion bonus from lash and warp stack with the Batarian adept?

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
Clearly he charged into the galactic core where he kept killing stuff :black101:

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Burning Mustache posted:

I think I'm using a bit of an unorthodox 4/6/6/6/4 build, something like this here for mine. The nice thing about not using him as a sniper Infiltrator is that you can leave Cloak at 4 and distribute the remaining points however you like.

That's actually a pretty standard build for shotguns. Except I'd recommend accuracy and firing rate for anyone using a Piranha. Geth Inf. is actually the only class where I don't take fitness past 3 and it's pretty easy to keep alive with the extra range on hunter mode and cloak keeping you out of the line of fire.

Here's my build. I trade some DPS for extra utility; I take duration for capping objectives and tactical positioning and being able to fire a proxy mine without decloaking is really useful for doing revives/retreats since it'll stagger the enemies to cover your escape.

Rick posted:

Does the biotic explosion bonus from lash and warp stack with the Batarian adept?

Yeah they stack, unless there's a weird bug I don't know about.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So, that Acolyte/vanguard charge combo zxqv8 really likes? I discovered that it kinda sorta works with a Graal as well.
Charge up the gun, point it at an enemy and charge. The gun goes off while you take off, and the enemy will first get a faceful of spikes and then a faceful of Vanguard.
Of course, the Graal is a bit heavy, but a Graal X on a Kroguard still gives a +170% cooldown rate. Not so sure if it's really viable with other vans with less weight capacity.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Nordick posted:

So, that Acolyte/vanguard charge combo zxqv8 really likes? I discovered that it kinda sorta works with a Graal as well.
Charge up the gun, point it at an enemy and charge. The gun goes off while you take off, and the enemy will first get a faceful of spikes and then a faceful of Vanguard.
Of course, the Graal is a bit heavy, but a Graal X on a Kroguard still gives a +170% cooldown rate. Not so sure if it's really viable with other vans with less weight capacity.

I do exactly that with the Batarian. It works like a charm.

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
Just bought an Arsenal Pack and it gave me a Black Widow IV and an operative's kit V. So far I approve of these packs and will be buying more of them.

I don't need more classes right now, I just got a lot of weapons (Talon, Harrier, Indra, etc;) that I just want to upgrade.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Moose12 posted:

This is mine: http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/Geth/PAMNR/Mantis10AQ5AR5////VulnerabilityVI5/

Learn how to reload cancel and always aim for the head. Mantis keeps the cooldown low and it's a pretty solid rifle.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
My first Arsenal pack gave me...upgrades for the Kishock and Revenant. Both weapons I pretty much never use.

gently caress this game.

VVV I've only played for a few days since like September. Did they actually make the Kishock good?

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Dec 19, 2012

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

Kishock is great, shut your face hole

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Kroguard is everything I dreamed off, he's so mindless but amazingly fun, I kept jumping into groups of 5 or more things and coming out unscathed.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

My first Arsenal pack gave me...upgrades for the Kishock and Revenant. Both weapons I pretty much never use.

gently caress this game.

VVV I've only played for a few days since like September. Did they actually make the Kishock good?

It does good damage, ignores the shield gate I think, and has no hipfire penalty.

I just want one so I can put it on my batarian soldier. Commander FaceStab needs to be all knives all the time.

ambient oatmeal fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 19, 2012

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Origin now will not let me log into friends.

PsychoHawk
Aug 7, 2004
We can't stop here ... this is BAT country!

zxqv8 posted:

I love how Origin is a work in progress that will probably never be stable until sometime into 2015.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

zxqv8 posted:

I had this happen today, got booted from a game and tried to re-enter 5 times after restarting ME3 with no luck. I hosted and then I had no issues. Still have no clue why.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010
wait wait wait. Cluster Grenade, Lash and Warp?

I thought it was Cluster Grenade, Lash and Blade Armour. Throw warp into that equation and it's actually an interesting class.

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Throw warp into that equation and it's actually an interesting class.
Things no one has ever said, ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Should've been Reave, Clusters and Blade Armor.

All that DR. :getin:

• Locked thread