Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I believe it (GPR) receives a 3x damage bonus when hitting a target's head.

And it fires very quickly and accurately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
I got map mastery. Probably going to burn out and play a bunch of bronze now to knock out challenges.

Got a good haul today. Black Widow 7, Paladin 5 and 6, Collector SMG 1, and a Javelin X all with just over a million credits. I got a Eagle 9 in my commendation pack so I had to redeem myself with the other stuff. I got dick all for equipment though, just a bunch of Strength enhancers, explosive ammo, and power recharge mods. Not even one shotgun rail amp today :(

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.

zxqv8 posted:

I believe it (GPR) receives a 3x damage bonus when hitting a target's head.

And it fires very quickly and accurately.

Yeah, I get some crazy damage out of it on a Geth Engineer specced for weapon damage with Targeting VIs. It doesn't hurt for applying ammo powers, but placing AP rounds on it has always done me well.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Valiant IV. :toot:

Played GethInf with a Javelin for the Rio extraction. It was actually pretty fuckin' fun when I got used to the Javelin's godawful scope. Watching 3+ bars just vanish from a Brute or a Banshee or an uncloaked body shot being enough to drop a Marauder at full health really never gets old.

Lynx
Nov 4, 2009

VJeff posted:

Played GethInf with a Javelin for the Rio extraction. It was actually pretty fuckin' fun when I got used to the Javelin's godawful scope. Watching 3+ bars just vanish from a Brute or a Banshee or an uncloaked body shot being enough to drop a Marauder at full health really never gets old.

Gethfiltrator Javelin sniping is the most fun on Rio. With the high velocity barrel mod you can shoot through the base of the building in the middle of the map and kill enemies on the other side (have I mentioned how much I love that the Javelin has a built in thermal scope?). When I ran Rio earlier today, I just hunkered down near the ammo boxes by the power station and laid waste to everything on the opposite side of the map. Anything that made it to our half of the map was easy fodder for my teammates.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Eagle II and a Black Widow IX.

I'll take it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Wet Biscuit McGlee posted:

I got map mastery. Probably going to burn out and play a bunch of bronze now to knock out challenges.

Got a good haul today. Black Widow 7, Paladin 5 and 6, Collector SMG 1, and a Javelin X all with just over a million credits. I got a Eagle 9 in my commendation pack so I had to redeem myself with the other stuff. I got dick all for equipment though, just a bunch of Strength enhancers, explosive ammo, and power recharge mods. Not even one shotgun rail amp today :(

Congrats! Hope the pubbies weren't too painful after I left but I figured I should go into work eventually.

(although the way I was scoring at the end there I was actually the painful pubbie, hahah)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I did just nab the Havoc and the N7 Shadow.

I'll take it.

Edit: I don't care if the Ghost Infiltrator is better the Havoc is cool as hell

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 21, 2012

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Finally got the Hurricane X. That must be Bioware's gift to me for the season.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I got Hurricane 8, Typhoon 8, and Particle Rifle 8 today. It's a good day to like guns. :getin:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I did a London extraction, then the game crashed during the extraction wave on Vancouver and I decided to stop playing ME3 for the night before I got mad at video games.

Pumpking
Oct 27, 2007

Who is number 1?

Chasiubao posted:

Got a Raider, don't know if it's good or not? :saddowns:

Its very good at higher levels. Put it on a soldier with adrenaline rush for the instant reload or a vanguard and see what you think. The pellet spread is ridiculous so you need to be pretty much point blank and remember to use a smart choke.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It turns out that "Extract on Firebase London" just means that your team has to extract and not you yourself since I was sync killed but it still counted for me towards the challenge.

I've been using the batarian adept, I haven't seen anybody else using him yet, or the volus vanguard. Plenty of drell infiltrators though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I want to like BAdept but Cluster Grenades are kind of awkward to use when you don't have a multitarget primer. I think I'm going to respec for the shrapnel evolution so that I can actually hit a dude.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

The GPR was pretty bad for a long time. They buffed it and changed the way explosions worked so it's pretty good now especially with the Geth's passive but not outright amazing enough to shake the reputation.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
GPR on a TGI is pretty amazing. I mean, all assault rifles on a TGI are amazing but my 200k challenge blew by with him. It's absolutely the headshot king.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Psyker posted:

GPR on a TGI is pretty amazing. I mean, all assault rifles on a TGI are amazing but my 200k challenge blew by with him. It's absolutely the headshot king.

I know it does 300% damage with headshots instead of 250%, but does it improve on the 140%-damage boss headshots?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Also don't forget that the GPR can utilize the heavy weight mods without taking a cooldown hit.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Also don't forget that the GPR can utilize the heavy weight mods without taking a cooldown hit.

Oh yeah that too, 90% armor reduction really helps the GPR vs bosses since it's got such low damage per shot. GPR + acolyte with inc. is great on a Geth Eng because of the low weight and high application rate fire of burn effects means constant fire explosions.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
The Geth Pulse Rifle was my first ever unlock from my welcome pack, along with a Quarian Engineer from my first Spectre Pack. :allears:

It's also hilarious on the Turian Soldier or Quarian Soldier with Marksman when it get an instant reload and turbo power.

E: It's also probably the best assault rifle to take with a soldier in single player when you have maxed out inferno ammo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Valkyrie II. :negative:

The Slithery D
Jul 19, 2012

Dr. Abysmal posted:

It turns out that "Extract on Firebase London" just means that your team has to extract and not you yourself since I was sync killed but it still counted for me towards the challenge.
This is how extraction challenges always work. If you're grinding a banner requiring this and go down on wave 11 don't panic and blow a medigel as long as your team is going to make it out.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Houdini posted:

E: It's also probably the best assault rifle to take with a soldier in single player when you have maxed out inferno ammo.

I think that would be the Particle Rifle actually :supaburn:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
People talking about getting an Ultra Rare in 5 of 10 PSPs, or even 1 out of 7, I hate you. I haven't kept track but I'm sure I've opened hundreds of PSPs and as of now I've gotten... let's see... 25 UR cards. And 12 of those are the Scorpion, Talon and Paladin that I've had since 6 months ago.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
What bug is giving certain classes of mine more skill points than they can ever use?

For example, my Asari Infltrator and my Turian Saboteur Engineer have all trees completely maxed. My Sabo is also level 12, to boot. What's causing this? Also, is it reproduceable at will? The premise of a Geth soldier or any adept class with max trees is intriguing.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

http://narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Engineer/Volus/PPPRA////CyclonicModulator4/StrongholdPackage5/

How's this for a Volus Engineer build?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Psyker posted:

What bug is giving certain classes of mine more skill points than they can ever use?

For example, my Asari Infltrator and my Turian Saboteur Engineer have all trees completely maxed. My Sabo is also level 12, to boot. What's causing this? Also, is it reproduceable at will? The premise of a Geth soldier or any adept class with max trees is intriguing.

I don't know about reproducible at will, but it is bannable to use a maxed out character (if they find out). :v: When you get too many points, just don't use them (or if you already have, you could respec via card or promote). I had the same thing happen to my Huntress recently and only realized it when I was closing in on a level 20 spec at around 12. I stopped applying the points and it went away after a game. I had negative points until level 19, but I've got a standard level 20 spec on her now.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

That's pretty much what I use, it seems pretty good as a debuffer, but I haven't ran it at anything above silver. I put my eagle on it so I can keep my cooldowns low, and just shoot proxy mines at anything as long as teammates aren't in a big fight.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

You need to decide on a weapon to roll him with, the game won't allow characters to have no weapons.

Also, I don't really see the point in maxing out the passive, unless you plan on making most of your DPS come from a weapon its basically a waste. Go to rank 5 and put those extra 6 points into Fitness instead.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Psyker posted:

On PS3, this bug happens every time you get a new character now.

The easiest way to fix it (again, on PS3, don't know if this works for all) is to not spend any points, switch to another character of the same class, then switch back. This will also fix characters that have negative skill points.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Three ultra-rares at level X now, and my Harrier is still at II, lower than my collector SMG.

Got a hurricane IV in my commendation pack though, so that's nice

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Vietnamwees posted:

You need to decide on a weapon to roll him with, the game won't allow characters to have no weapons.

Also, I don't really see the point in maxing out the passive, unless you plan on making most of your DPS come from a weapon its basically a waste. Go to rank 5 and put those extra 6 points into Fitness instead.

My reasoning is that those extra 10 points in health and shields aren't going to do squat on him. Might as well boost my gun damage.

I haven't decided what gun to use.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

Gangringo posted:

Three ultra-rares at level X now, and my Harrier is still at II, lower than my collector SMG.

I still don't have any of mine maxed. Typhoon is at 9 now though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

UnknownMercenary posted:

My reasoning is that those extra 10 points in health and shields aren't going to do squat on him. Might as well boost my gun damage.

This is a good point actually. Since Fitness is a percentage bonus and Volus have diddly poo poo for health, why even bother taking more than rank 2?

Does the Fitness tree interact with the Volus' heavy melee at all or is that just another :bioware: situation?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

precision posted:

This is a good point actually. Since Fitness is a percentage bonus and Volus have diddly poo poo for health, why even bother taking more than rank 2?

Well you always take rank 3 otherwise you have 3 points lying around doing nothing. Unless you skip it entirely of course.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

precision posted:

Does the Fitness tree interact with the Volus' heavy melee at all or is that just another :bioware: situation?

If the class builder is correct, then it should boost his heavy melee, but the damage is going to be pathetic either way.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lagomorphic posted:

Well you always take rank 3 otherwise you have 3 points lying around doing nothing. Unless you skip it entirely of course.

Yeah, my point was more that the functional usefulness of Fitness for Volus probably ends at 1 or 2 points.

It's a shame there isn't anything you can do with extra points you have left over if you go 4/4 or don't care about Melee Damage. Someone once suggested being able to spend points to take both evolutions of a single power. Might be OP on some powers, but I'm not sure. Having to spend 8 points to get both damage and duration on Cloak (probably the most egregious example) doesn't seem OP to me.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

precision posted:

Yeah, my point was more that the functional usefulness of Fitness for Volus probably ends at 1 or 2 points.

It's a shame there isn't anything you can do with extra points you have left over if you go 4/4 or don't care about Melee Damage. Someone once suggested being able to spend points to take both evolutions of a single power. Might be OP on some powers, but I'm not sure. Having to spend 8 points to get both damage and duration on Cloak (probably the most egregious example) doesn't seem OP to me.

:laugh:

Kroguard with 6/0/0/6/9

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

:laugh:

Kroguard with 6/0/0/6/9

I want this now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision