Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I thought it was great. I think even if you haven't been to the live show or know much about it, it was still sweet. And cause I was the person who said it,

LesterGroans posted:

Someone mentioned it in the Comedy Bang Bang thread, but I'd kill to see Scott all embarrassed while listening to the sincere clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

ComedyComedyComedyComedyCOMEDYcomedyCOMEDYcomedycomedyComedyComedy

Comedy........ Comedy......

ComedyComedyComedyComedy

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

jeffullrich posted:

Any feedback on the backstage show? I'm fairly insecure and it ended up being a lot of work. We're not getting a ton of feedback on our forums or Twitter. Be honest!

I really hope you do more pieces like this. Whoever compared Scott to Lorne Micheals made me think of the piece being like that book of oral history of SNL, 'Live From New York.' I love anything 'behind the scenes' like that.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Yeah I enjoyed it too.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

jeffullrich posted:

Any feedback on the backstage show? I'm fairly insecure and it ended up being a lot of work. We're not getting a ton of feedback on our forums or Twitter. Be honest!

Felt like an awesome gift from Earwolf to CBB fans, and also a bit of a deserved tribute to the Choctaw - I hope you guys felt it was worth the effort in the end.

I hope to make an LA comedy roadtrip in 2013 (pretty much because of how podcasts like CBB brought me back to standup), and was really sad to hear CBB was coming to an end before I get there - but having this at least made me feel like I got to live it once, vicariously through others.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

SKULE123 posted:

Felt like an awesome gift from Earwolf to CBB fans, and also a bit of a deserved tribute to the Choctaw - I hope you guys felt it was worth the effort in the end.

I hope to make an LA comedy roadtrip in 2013 (pretty much because of how podcasts like CBB brought me back to standup), and was really sad to hear CBB was coming to an end before I get there - but having this at least made me feel like I got to live it once, vicariously through others.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you liked it!

I'm working on a state of the union/2013 predictions article I can't wait to share. I'll keep you posted and would love your thoughts.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Man, Reality Show Show is so good I feel like actually watching the shows would take away some of the magic. Shark Tank is the only one that is kind of tempting me, but I think if I tried watching a whole show instead of listening to 3 minutes of it I'd get bored quick. All the bits were great, their guest was a teenage twitter star yet somehow that wasn't terrible, and Sean did a surprisingly decent Old Dirty Bastard impression, so all in all an amazing episode.

This is the first podcast there's no possible way I would have found on my own that I started listening to based only on the "podcast network" it was part of. Great job Earwolf!

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Greggy posted:

Man, Reality Show Show is so good I feel like actually watching the shows would take away some of the magic. Shark Tank is the only one that is kind of tempting me, but I think if I tried watching a whole show instead of listening to 3 minutes of it I'd get bored quick. All the bits were great, their guest was a teenage twitter star yet somehow that wasn't terrible, and Sean did a surprisingly decent Old Dirty Bastard impression, so all in all an amazing episode.

This is the first podcast there's no possible way I would have found on my own that I started listening to based only on the "podcast network" it was part of. Great job Earwolf!

I love that show too. Thanks for the kind words!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
"It's me and my bear in two bathtubs on top of a hill."

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I look forward to Nerd Poker more than any other podcast now and I'm not entirely sure why.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

It's Blacky Green. You know what I'm talking about? 'Cuse I do!

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah I'm glad to hear more Blaine, he's a funny and (I think) underrated comic from the alt scene. His improv'd commercials/sponsors/whatever are great.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Dec 13, 2012

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"So you took his armor off, are you putting it on?"

"No, right now we're just two naked dudes..."

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Holy poo poo I4H is amazing this week.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

RandolphCarter posted:

Holy poo poo I4H is amazing this week.

Everyone should liste to it just for Ian Roberts' Kat Williams impression. Holy poo poo did I lose it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Greggy posted:

IMHO, Shark Tank is the best non-scripted show on TV for like 3 years in a row. It's a legitimately good show.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

IMHO, Shark Tank is the best non-scripted show on TV for like 3 years in a row. It's a legitimately good show.

Yeah. I'm Canadian, so I've been watching Kevin and Robert on the Canadian version, Dragon's Den, for years. Shark Tank's the only show they talk about that I actually watch and I still loving love Reality Show Show. Hayes and Sean have a great rapport and the last segment of the latest episode is a great example of them being funny and off-the-cuff. That ODB impression alone is worth listening to it.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

LesterGroans posted:

Yeah. I'm Canadian, so I've been watching Kevin and Robert on the Canadian version, Dragon's Den, for years. Shark Tank's the only show they talk about that I actually watch and I still loving love Reality Show Show. Hayes and Sean have a great rapport and the last segment of the latest episode is a great example of them being funny and off-the-cuff. That ODB impression alone is worth listening to it.

Thanks!

Here is our holiday video. Thanks for listening!

http://blog.earwolf.com/post/38313566973#notes

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Hey, Jeff? Thank YOU for the hundreds of hours of quality and free entertainment!

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

jyrka posted:

Hey, Jeff? Thank YOU for the hundreds of hours of quality and free entertainment!

Our pleasure!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Thanks for putting the engineers in there too. Neat seeing them.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Brock Samson posted:

Thanks for putting the engineers in there too. Neat seeing them.

Thanks! The original plan was to only do staff but then we decided to grab hosts as they came in the studio too so SOMEONE would watch it!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Thank you Jeff! This has been a fantastic year for Earwolf and that recent Facebook news about a new big show coming sounds interesting. Got through a tough move and leaving some people behind, and listening to the great shows that came out around Christmas really helped me power through it.

Big thanks to Matt Besser for the Gun Control episode of I4H! Really awesome mix of a nice talk about the horrible incident in CT and managing to get some laughs in the darkness of it.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

Thank you Jeff! This has been a fantastic year for Earwolf and that recent Facebook news about a new big show coming sounds interesting. Got through a tough move and leaving some people behind, and listening to the great shows that came out around Christmas really helped me power through it.

Big thanks to Matt Besser for the Gun Control episode of I4H! Really awesome mix of a nice talk about the horrible incident in CT and managing to get some laughs in the darkness of it.

Thanks! I hope things are settling down post-move, that can be tough. Besser...well, he's Besser. Gotta love him.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agreed that that is a great I4H episode on many levels. Love Reality Show Show too so was a treat to hear Sean Clements on it - him coming into the library scene as JK Rowling totally threw me, loved it.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
Ell Ryan and the Spirit Bear are stealing the show on Nerd Poker. Who knew creepy shaman could be so funny

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

reflir posted:

Ell Ryan and the Spirit Bear are stealing the show on Nerd Poker. Who knew creepy shaman could be so funny

Ell Ryan: "... my bear attacks him"
Everyone: "NOOO!"

So great.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I loved the realization that the bear actually attacked and wasn't just a focus for spells.

"Oh wow this is way worse then..."

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Heeeey Jeff Ullrich, I hear Ronna and Beverly is your favorite Earwolf podcast. Well, I love it too. Please encourage it in whatever way your position allows you to. I know I should put my money where my podcast desires are, and I promise I will soon...

Hey everyone, the new Ronna & Beverly podcast is live and really good. It features Paul F Tompkins (of course) and two other people (Paget Brewster and Angela from the Office).

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Heeeey Jeff Ullrich, I hear Ronna and Beverly is your favorite Earwolf podcast. Well, I love it too. Please encourage it in whatever way your position allows you to. I know I should put my money where my podcast desires are, and I promise I will soon...

Hey everyone, the new Ronna & Beverly podcast is live and really good. It features Paul F Tompkins (of course) and two other people (Paget Brewster and Angela from the Office).

Never miss an episode. About to listen to the new one right now!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Huh, I hope Paget Brewster guesting on Earwolf things becomes a trend, she's great with PFT on Beyond Belief.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

$13 well spent on some Kulap knee-highs as a late Xmas present for the gf. They came in my favorite colors, too, too bad my big dumb sasquatch feet would break them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Man I like the new Improv4Humans and all but Besser is insufferable when he goes on his "UGH I HATE SEEING PEOPLE SAY HUG YOUR KIDS THAT'S SO STUPID" rants. Can someone explain to him that other people don't have trouble with empathy like he does or something?

Like, 90% hilarious, but goddamn that's one of the most grating personality flaws to me.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Glitterbomber posted:

Man I like the new Improv4Humans and all but Besser is insufferable when he goes on his "UGH I HATE SEEING PEOPLE SAY HUG YOUR KIDS THAT'S SO STUPID" rants. Can someone explain to him that other people don't have trouble with empathy like he does or something?

Like, 90% hilarious, but goddamn that's one of the most grating personality flaws to me.

I think you misunderstood him a bit; he was mad at people whose response to the massacre ended with hugging their kids, as if gun violence is some unstoppable fact of life that can strike us down if we're in the wrong place at the wrong time. It felt like he wanted people to confront the issue directly, rather than sending thoughts/prayers/hugs that may make us feel better temporarily, but won't do jack about the underlying problem.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
But there's really nobody who was doing that were saying 'only hug your kids do nothing else' and they didn't think it was some magic spell to protect them from a dragon, it was the day of a horrific child slaughtering and parents and people of faith reacted with shock in really normal ways.

At least with his atheism stuff he usually only brings that kinda stuff out when it's some crazy person talking about how they all have no morals at all and are corrupting society or whatever, this just felt really bitter and mean for no reason.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

TFR is a couple of subforums up.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

Glitterbomber posted:

But there's really nobody who was doing that were saying 'only hug your kids do nothing else' and they didn't think it was some magic spell to protect them from a dragon, it was the day of a horrific child slaughtering and parents and people of faith reacted with shock in really normal ways.

At least with his atheism stuff he usually only brings that kinda stuff out when it's some crazy person talking about how they all have no morals at all and are corrupting society or whatever, this just felt really bitter and mean for no reason.

I will say that I definitely saw a lot of "This is not the time for politics, hug your children instead" on twitter which is kinda bullshit imo. Not the sentiment itself of showing your family love but that it implies that the people who want to do something about gun control are the ones being assholes
Edit: On a less serious note: I wish I had more Paul Rust and Dominic Dierkes in my life in general

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Paul Rust's style of humour is so loving silly and I love it a lot.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
If you skip past the extended "Matt grills a random guy from the internet" part, it was one of the best i4h episodes ever, in my opinion. They did a really great job of finding scenes that sort of commented on Sandy Hook without taking it there directly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Greggy posted:

If you skip past the extended "Matt grills a random guy from the internet" part, it was one of the best i4h episodes ever, in my opinion. They did a really great job of finding scenes that sort of commented on Sandy Hook without taking it there directly.

I even liked that part if only because of Matt's utter confusion at the dude's reality where he was rambling about how if he'd have been in Aurora he'd totally have taken out the shooter.