Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Boogaleeboo posted:

Of course the statement is made as a sort of backhanded complement which leads to a great comment from Tony.

Which of course follows from the beginning of the issue where Bruce Banner hasn't *actually* cured cancer, he's just removed the ability of vast swaths of products to generate carcinogens. Ever. So he's only practically removed large quantities of cancer from being a problem.

What's this from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sturm
Oct 19, 2003

It's Xander or Sgt. Fury
Indestructible Hulk #2.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Indestructible Hulk #2

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

(you'd really think Stark would be the first one out of his suit)

But he's got those sweet shorts over it, he's perfectly dressed for the weather.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I like that Tigra's swimsuit is actually more modest than her costume is. What a classy character design.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Maybe this was during the whole Stark in a wheelchair thing and he's just sittinng in his office while the A.I. is frolicking around the savage land.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
High fives for everyone,

Vernon #8 from the Spider-Island tie in.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Merry Christmas, BSS:

And here's the recipe for Larfleeze's cookies, courtesy of Geoff Johns. Never tried 'em myself ('cause anything mixing oranges and chocolate sounds like a horrible idea), but hey, that's your prerogative. Oh, and the source is pretty obviously Green Lantern: Larfleeze Christmas Special

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

TwoPair posted:

('cause anything mixing oranges and chocolate sounds like a horrible idea)

This is the most wrong thing anyone has ever said ever.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

TwoPair posted:

Never tried 'em myself ('cause anything mixing oranges and chocolate sounds like a horrible idea),

Orange and chocolate go so well together you don't even know.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
So, hold on, I don't keep up with GL. The orange ring is powered by yuletide spirit, or Jaffa cakes?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Sizone posted:

So, hold on, I don't keep up with GL. The orange ring is powered by yuletide spirit, or Jaffa cakes?

It's powered by Greed. Which, it could be argued, is a pretty close approximation of yuletide spirit.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Sizone posted:

Nah it's greed/avarice.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

TwoPair posted:

('cause anything mixing oranges and chocolate sounds like a horrible idea)

What is it like, living in bizarro world?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Orange and chocolate go so well together you don't even know.

No, I don't. But I guess trying it is on my to-do list now.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

TwoPair posted:

Jaffa cakes. If your local grocery store has an English import section then get Jaffa cakes. I will live vicariously through you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How have you never had a chocolate orange? It's a Christmas tradition!

Mister Chompers
Sep 11, 2011

TwoPair posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry%27s_Chocolate_Orange

So delicious.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TwoPair posted:

It's not bad, but yeah you're going to want to make it well/have decent ingredients. I personally find it's best when you use the orange as an accent and not equal or overpowering the chocolate.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

TwoPair posted:

When combined properly, you get this really lovely chocolate-orange-y taste that removes the worst parts of both foods (the acid of the orange and the overpowering richness of the chocolate - the acidity cuts through that richness and they almost cancel each other out). It's really, really fantastic. Mind the walrus is right - the orange should accentuate the chocolate, not the other way around.

.....oh God I have to stop watching the Food Network.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT
This is leading up to SAIC: BSS Edition. Recipes must come from comics or be inspired by them. For full plating points, dishes must be served on holographic, chromium, or limited edition plates.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

And I'll win the whole thing by throwing Hostess Fruit Pies at the judges. How can they resist the flakey crust, and delicious fruit filling!?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

AAIIEEEEEEE, not Hostess Fruit Pies, the delicious treat you'd be crazy to turn down! You've foiled my diabolical schemes yet again!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

With Hostess shuttered, delicious Hostess® Fruit Pies™ are now considered a delicacy.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Don't listen to these guys. Orange and chocolate are nasty together and there's a mass delusion that they're good.

I hate extending a derail in this thread so here's something from Super Antics #2:

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Dec 27, 2012

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Are those Clark's glasses?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Amazing Spider-Man 700 with Ock's face pasted over Peter Parker's face.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

notthegoatseguy posted:

Amazing Spider-Man 700 with Ock's face pasted over Peter Parker's face.

That they have George Stacy there is hilarious since Doc Ock is responsible for his death.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT
From Journey Into Mystery #647. Sif was tired of Asgard always being beaten so she sought out some teacher to learn the Berserker Incantation to make her crazy angry and strong. She's been acting crazy and angry since learning it. While discussing things, they beat each other up. Heimdall wants to know why his little sister won't just settle down...

He had it coming.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

So, the new Journey Into Mystery worth paying attention to? I haven't picked it up since Gillen left.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Devi posted:

From Journey Into Mystery #647. Sif was tired of Asgard always being beaten so she sought out some teacher to learn the Berserker Incantation to make her crazy angry and strong. She's been acting crazy and angry since learning it. While discussing things, they beat each other up. Heimdall wants to know why his little sister won't just settle down...

He had it coming.

See I took that exchange differently, it's not "Stop playing with swords little girl" but a snarky dismissal of the idea a warrior's life will ever be secure.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I took him to be referring to financial security, since a blacksmith is a very stable and desirable medieval profession.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ghostlight posted:

I took him to be referring to financial security, since a blacksmith is a very stable and desirable medieval profession.

I figured it was "we are warriors who fight all the time -- you'd have to get out of the warrioring business if you want peace".

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Is there any comic book character more hilarious then Spider-Man? Seriously, I can't think of anyone who comes even close.

Daredevil 21

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

DarkCrawler posted:

Is there any comic book character more hilarious then Spider-Man? Seriously, I can't think of anyone who comes even close.

Daredevil 21

I can't tell if Spider-Man is joking or if this is uhh, the "Superior" Spider-Man if you get my spoilery drift.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lobok posted:

I can't tell if Spider-Man is joking or if this is uhh, the "Superior" Spider-Man if you get my spoilery drift.
Considering it was spoiled like three posts up, I don't think you need to be subtle. But yes, that is Superior Spider-Man.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Endless Mike posted:

Or Geoff Johns's Avengers run.

Avengers (some volume) #71

As if that relationship needed to be anymore hosed up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

As if that relationship needed to be anymore hosed up.

You want hosed up? The first time that page was posted in BSS it resulted in at least 10 probations. The conversation was just a wee bit disturbing.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Lobok posted:

Wait, that's a permanent thing now? Whose stupid idea was that?

Anyway, it works better when you take it as Spider-Man joking. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT

SirDan3k posted:

See I took that exchange differently, it's not "Stop playing with swords little girl" but a snarky dismissal of the idea a warrior's life will ever be secure.

Sif was getting pissed about being dismissed as a woman or treated differently because of her gender in a few other places. If Heimdall was trying to suggest that she change her life to something more secure, he'd have suggested that she take up smithing or any trade. But he tells her to get married. That's worth a punch in the face.

• Locked thread