Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone have a download link for the Safari one? It seems as if all the current links are dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone have a download link for the Safari one? It seems as if all the current links are dead.

This post seems to indicate it hasn't been maintained and you'd have to do some merging with Chrome's SALR to get it working.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren:Update! v1.99.121008:siren:

• The live preview feature of the quick post window now correctly displays quote tags with postids attached
  • Links in the live preview pane now open in a new tab in your main browser window (the one from which you clicked the quick button) instead of in a brand new window
  • Added a ctrl+q shortcut for the quote tag in quick post window

astral posted:

v1.99.121006:

• SALR's YouTube embedder now has more quality settings including 'lowest quality available' and the ability to force 480p/720p/1080p (if available)
  • YouTube videos will show up as HTML5 if you are opted into YouTube's HTML5 trial and the video supports it

hurrrr²
Oct 8, 2004
the happiest purple head of them all

Sorry if this is unrelated due to being about Chrome, but I just switched from FF to Chrome for various reasons.

Is there a way to get the drop down forums menu in the Chrome version of SALR just like in FF?

Burger King Bathroom
Jan 11, 2005

Arbeit macht LOL

hurrrr² posted:

Sorry if this is unrelated due to being about Chrome, but I just switched from FF to Chrome for various reasons.

Is there a way to get the drop down forums menu in the Chrome version of SALR just like in FF?

Try this. It's not exactly similar but quite useful nevertheless.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
For some reason when I view a thread, the number of replies left unread overlaps the "go to first unread post" button, and it also doesn't have a background. Any idea what causes the problem?

e: Nevermind, I fixed it

Dickweasel Alpha fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Oct 16, 2012

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
SALR's live preview (in the Quick Reply) chokes on HTML entities. SA converts Unicode to them, so if you're quoting a post with any in it (like Иван Иванович Иванов; try quoting my post) then the preview looks awful. SA's built-in post preview converts them fine, of course.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
I noticed something- the forum's [video] tag works with https youtube links links, but the live preview still thinks they won't work.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Quote highlighting doesn't work when the person who quotes you has forums cancer.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002
Hmmm, new page template broke lots of stuff.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

kid sinister posted:

Hmmm, new page template broke lots of stuff.

Yep, SALR and Awful Betamax are completely broken. :\

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Awful Betamax still works for me just fine, but SALR is completely broken. I didn't realize how much I used gestures to navigate the forums until now.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

No. 9 posted:

Awful Betamax still works for me just fine, but SALR is completely broken. I didn't realize how much I used gestures to navigate the forums until now.

I keep right clicking every page like a spazz. Oh well. The update looks clean so far and I'm sure SALR will catch up.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren:Update! v1.99.121231:siren:

Restored basic SALR functionality. I'm sure plenty of other stuff is still broken (including proper thread coloring), but I wanted to get this much working and out the door ASAP. :)

astral fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 1, 2013

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Thanks for the quick response. :)

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

For some reason I get the first post on every page inlined which breaks the table with the newest version of SALR activated.
Does anyone know which setting makes that happen or is it a bug based on the new layout?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Fixed threadlist coloring; redownload SALR if you already updated and the colors are all screwy. :)

Cooked Auto posted:

For some reason I get the first post on every page inlined which breaks the table with the newest version of SALR activated.
Does anyone know which setting makes that happen or is it a bug based on the new layout?

Can you post a screenshot?

astral fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 1, 2013

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

astral posted:

Fixed threadlist coloring; redownload SALR if you already updated and the colors are all screwy. :)

Can you post a screenshot?

Sure.

PDP-1
Oct 12, 2004

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Holy moly astral, that was an impressive turn-around time. Nice job.

It's only on days like this, when SALR goes down for a bit, that I realize how much it improves the reading experience on SA. Thanks to all the devs past and present for making such a slick addon!

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Thanks for the super quick update.

I really appreciate it.

I was lost without my quick reply! :)

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

astral posted:

Restored basic SALR functionality.
It's a New Year's Day miracle!

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Oh sweet merciful joy. I panicked for a bit there. What would we do without SALR!?

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
Could someone also fix the "open new posts in new tabs" userscript, please?

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice

astral posted:

Restored basic SALR functionality. I'm sure plenty of other stuff is still broken (including proper thread coloring), but I wanted to get this much working and out the door ASAP. :)

I love you for this. Thanks for the very fast turn around!

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Cooked Auto posted:

Having the same issue as well.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
The extension isn't kicking in sometimes. Certain filtered forums aren't swapping the last read buttons and have no context menu (Games's Tech is "broken" vs. PC which is fine), some threads don't have the search bar added and also lack the context menu (GBS thread and E/N thread). It seems to be repeatable which ones do it despite refreshing but I haven't noticed any pattern as to why.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

m2pt5 posted:

Could someone also fix the "open new posts in new tabs" userscript, please?

code:
// ==UserScript==
// @name           Alice's Open New Posts In New Tabs
// @namespace      testing
// @include        http://forums.somethingawful.com/*
// ==/UserScript==

var forum = document.getElementById("forum");
if (forum)
{	
	var button = document.createElement("a");
	button.href = "#";
	button.innerHTML = "Open New Posts in New Tabs";
	button.style.cssFloat = "right";
	button.style.marginRight = "8px";
	button.addEventListener("click", NewPostsInNewTabs, false);

var where = document.evaluate("THEAD/TR/TH[contains(@class,'title')]",
			forum, null, 7, null);
	where = where.snapshotItem(0);
	if (where)
	{
		where.insertBefore(button,where.firstChild);
	}
}

function NewPostsInNewTabs(event)
{
	var eval, node, name;
	event.preventDefault();
	eval = document.evaluate("TBODY/TR/TD/DIV/DIV/A[contains(@class,'count')]",
			document.getElementById("forum"), null, 7, null);
	OpenTabLoop(eval);

return;
}

var i =0;
function OpenTabLoop(eval){
	if (i < eval.snapshotLength){
		setTimeout(function(){		
			node = eval.snapshotItem(i);
			name = node.parentNode.nextSibling.nextSibling.childNodes[1].innerHTML;
			i++;
			OpenTabLoop(eval);
			GM_openInTab(node,name);

},(i*3)+250);
	}

}

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Thanks for the script update. Looks like they are still making some changes, I swear the text was smaller last time I loaded the forums.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Swilo posted:

The extension isn't kicking in sometimes. Certain filtered forums aren't swapping the last read buttons and have no context menu (Games's Tech is "broken" vs. PC which is fine), some threads don't have the search bar added and also lack the context menu (GBS thread and E/N thread). It seems to be repeatable which ones do it despite refreshing but I haven't noticed any pattern as to why.

I've noticed this too. Really glad for the fix! The SA menu worked even beforehand and that's the most important feature to me, but being able to hide avatars is my second-favorite part of SALR. Unfortunately, that's one of the features that randomly decides to not work in certain threads.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

calandryll posted:

Thanks for the script update. Looks like they are still making some changes, I swear the text was smaller last time I loaded the forums.

No problem. It's lucky that all that needed to be changed was adding another DIV/ to the line, else I would have been stumped since I didn't code the original.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Thanks for the quick update.

I'm getting this issue too.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Thanks! I really don't know enough about this stuff to do it myself.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Swilo posted:

Fixed in the next update (which I'll push out a bit later today).

What are your settings for SALR's image converting/hiding/etc handling?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

astral posted:

Fixed in the next update (which I'll push out a bit later today).

What are your settings for SALR's image converting/hiding/etc handling?

These are the settings I have:

Turning them off didn't change anything as a quick fyi.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Install Gentoo posted:

[code]Open All in Tabs code

The previous user script I had that did this opened all the tabs simultaneously. This one opens them sequentially, i.e. I can see them opening one after the other. Would it be possible for you or someone else to change this?

jaydee864
Aug 15, 2010

Life is such a drag when the whole world's falling apart

hooah posted:

The previous user script I had that did this opened all the tabs simultaneously. This one opens them sequentially, i.e. I can see them opening one after the other. Would it be possible for you or someone else to change this?

Here's the Open in Tabs code I've been using. I think this is what you're looking for. I forget where I found it; I might've snipped it out of the SAplusplus Greasemonkey script.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

jaydee864 posted:

Here's the Open in Tabs code I've been using. I think this is what you're looking for. I forget where I found it; I might've snipped it out of the SAplusplus Greasemonkey script.

Does the button for this one look hideous? The last one looked fine before the forums redesign, but afterwards both the text and the box had a shadow.

Edit: yes, it is the ugly one.

hooah fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 2, 2013

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003
OK, as an idiot I have no idea if this is a function of the forum layout change or if my SALR plugin is broken somehow (I just updated it, though)...but how do I bookmark threads? There used to be a link at the bottom of each page, but now it's gone and I can't figure out how to do it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Neorxenawang posted:

OK, as an idiot I have no idea if this is a function of the forum layout change or if my SALR plugin is broken somehow (I just updated it, though)...but how do I bookmark threads? There used to be a link at the bottom of each page, but now it's gone and I can't figure out how to do it.

There's a star in the upper left beside the SALR added search box and "who posted?" link. Use that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neorxenawang
Jun 9, 2003

pik_d posted:

There's a star in the upper left beside the SALR added search box and "who posted?" link. Use that.

Cool, thanks!

• Locked thread