Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Could I presumably just go out, get a shitload of Legos, and not be considered a womanchild for just rolling around in Legos?
Because you make me want to amass a collection of shiny plastic toy-things. I mean lookadat! :aaa:

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

Rythe posted:

I am hoping the Valentine Lego go over really well, I hope they are fun, amusing and a bit puzzling. I have 4 set aside for JimmyDaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish and Lamb, if anybody else wants one let me know. I have 8 more not spoken for that I will send out, maybe a bit more if I can find a few more pieces.

Yes please! That sounds awesome!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Rythe posted:

I am hoping the Valentine Lego go over really well, I hope they are fun, amusing and a bit puzzling. I have 4 set aside for JimmyDaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish and Lamb, if anybody else wants one let me know. I have 8 more not spoken for that I will send out, maybe a bit more if I can find a few more pieces.

That is awesome and I'm super excited for it! Thank you. :3:

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010
Christmas Eve I got cards from Jimmy da Fish and Lamb.It was awesome =)! Lamb, I have a question for you, what kind of printer did you use for that photo you sent (Pauly)? I love the quality of it. I can never get my printed pictures to look like real ones like yours does.

Bampf Kerpow! fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 29, 2012

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm definitely down for Lego things. Also I got your letter lamb. Thank you! The stuff you had in it was awesome!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Rythe posted:

I haven't been counting, but if there are any remaining, I'd like one! :)

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I like lego. :3:

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.
Thank you IM Jack for the Christmas cheer!

kittentits we loved getting Norweign mail, awesome! Mr. Clarice and I will definitely sent your nieces back some US mail. Happy New Year.

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010
Ooops! Sorry, I forgot to also mention IM Jack, your card came on Christmas Eve as well =D Thank you!

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Team Lunch posted:

I haven't been counting, but if there are any remaining, I'd like one! :)

You are good to go Team Lunch, I should have reserved one for you regardless since your Christmas stuff was awesome, you where number 9 and Tremors is number 10, I got two more left unless I find more pieces in my collection.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Kafka's Goldfish! Thanks for the kawaii coffepot needlepoint! Very sweet!

On a related note, has anyone received my cards? I have not heard from anyone (Goon and nongoon alike) and am a bit concerned that the entire box went astray. That will be the last time I drop off a box of rubber band - bound envelopes at the post office.

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 29, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

genesplicer posted:

Kafka's Goldfish! Thanks for the kawaii coffepot needlepoint! Very sweet!

On a related note, has anyone received my cards? I have not heard from anyone (Goon and nongoon alike) and am a bit concerned that the entire box wen astray. That will be the last time I drop off a box of rubber band - bound envelopes at the post office.

I got something from you today!! Thank you Mr and Mrs. Genesplicer! I loved it, I like monkeys. :D The ornament is very pretty and the cards were nifty. I was so happy to find Splicermail in me mailbox. Cause you give good mail. And you and I have been doing this for a long time now! Tradition. :)

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

when worlds collide posted:

I got something from you today!! Thank you Mr and Mrs. Genesplicer! I loved it, I like monkeys. :D The ornament is very pretty and the cards were nifty. I was so happy to find Splicermail in me mailbox. Cause you give good mail. And you and I have been doing this for a long time now! Tradition. :)

Wow, that took forever. I mailed those on the 6th or 7th. I stand by what I say. No more boxes and rubber bands. Apparently they slowed down the process...

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

genesplicer posted:

Wow, that took forever. I mailed those on the 6th or 7th. I stand by what I say. No more boxes and rubber bands. Apparently they slowed down the process...

Whoaw. That is a very long time! If it's helpful, the postmark says 12th December, so I suppose they didn't take off the rubber bands for a few days after you dropped them off. Then they took 16 days to actually deliver them. Gee, you try and help the posties out, and this is how they repay you. Gnerts to that! :colbert:

PS Frank Burns eats worms. Just thought I'd spread the word.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when worlds collide posted:

PS Frank Burns eats worms. Just thought I'd spread the word.

What say you, Ferret Face? I've had this idea in the back of my mind for M*A*S*H themed goonmail for the last few holiday cycles but just haven't put it together yet, probably because I'm not very artistic. I'll keep working on it...

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

LyonsLions posted:

What say you, Ferret Face? I've had this idea in the back of my mind for M*A*S*H themed goonmail for the last few holiday cycles but just haven't put it together yet, probably because I'm not very artistic. I'll keep working on it...

Oh man, I think that'd be very awesome. I think the goonmailers would be appreciative! Definitely don't give up on the idea.

He really did look like a ferret face. One of the best insults in any show, ever.

Apostate
Aug 7, 2006
There are some things you just don't want to know...
Just got back from Ireland to find cards from Team Lunch and Marlow! Thanks so much!

I'm going to try to keep up with card sending this year, but my address will change in January as I'm moving back home. Valentine's is such an underrated card-giving day, and I have so much yarn... :)

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Rythe posted:

You are good to go Team Lunch, I should have reserved one for you regardless since your Christmas stuff was awesome, you where number 9 and Tremors is number 10, I got two more left unless I find more pieces in my collection.

A Lego Valentine's Day would make Killamajig swoon. He's already grumbling that we didn't get the Lego advent calendar this year.

I got some post cards for Christmas, but they would be better for mother's day and not Valentine's. Hmm.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

PezMaster posted:

I got some post cards for Christmas, but they would be better for mother's day and not Valentine's. Hmm.

On Mother's Day, we like to send cards to the mom's of goons in this thread. Sounds like you're all set! :buddy:

edit:

Okay, very sorry I'm late with my thank yous, but better late than never, I hope! Here's the haul of goonmas cheer I received this year. (Pretty sure I thanked Fluffy Bunnies and thepitgoddess already, but if not, thank you for the lovely cards!)

First up is PezMaster, who sent me an awesome goonmas card (containing BEES!), and who's husband made me snort eggnog up my nose with his hilarious colouring of a Christmas turkey. I did eat turkey this year, and I DID think of that picture. Thoroughly creepy.

Next is cardboardRobot! Thank you for the card! It made me think of that absurd Arnold Schwarzenegger christmas movie and feel thankful that I don't watch television very much anymore. Also in this picture, a card from Vixenella and Alkaphanel. Thank you for the adorable snowman card. It's one of my favourites, and I made retarded 'awwwww' sounds when I opened it. :3:

Sorry this picture is blurry for some reason. Thank you to Team Lunch and marlowe can you go for more goonmas cheer! I am obviously moronic about cats, so cat themed christmas cards are about as good as it gets. This cat looks like such a creeper, haha. I love it.

Team Lunch, thank you very very much for the card, and the sweet message inside! We have a very Charlie Brown christmas tree that we bought last year after moving to the province. Being completely broke around Christmas was horrible, and we all pooled our money together for this one sad little two foot tall tree with fiber optic lights. It is pitiful. It didn't have a topper or decorations or anything.

So this year, I took your suggestion to heart and put the little origami T-rex you made me on the top of our tree. Thank you, it's awesome, and it will definitely be a regular fixture on Christmases to come.

Another blurry picture! These two are from cuntvalet and whenworldscollide. Pretty sure that big fat penguin needs to be hugged endlessly by me. The cute little snowman one is from wwc, who also sent me a card for my engagement!

It is lovely. I love it! It's just so pretty... I couldn't stop gushing when I saw it, and I'm sure I was super annoying. whenworldscollide, you are awesome. What more needs to be said? Thank you so much. I am keeping this FOREVER GET AWAY IT'S MINE.

Thank you for all the christmas goonlove, guys! I look forward to sending you mushy, creepy goonentines. :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Dec 29, 2012

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

PezMaster posted:

A Lego Valentine's Day would make Killamajig swoon. He's already grumbling that we didn't get the Lego advent calendar this year.

I will add him to the list as #11 and ensure he has a Lego Valentines gift. Have you checked out the local Walmart in your area, they had a bunch of the Advent Calendars for close to 50% of or so, might be a bit late now though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

If any Lego valentines are yet unclaimed, I would enjoy one as well.
Also, thanks to the goons who sent me Christmas cards, whether I've gotten them yet or not.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Lego valentines sound awesome. Receiving one would be great but I'm sure everyone will be posting pictures of theirs so seeing them would be awesome enough.

Thank you PezMaster and cuntvalet for the christmas cards! I got a drawing by a little girl, and I love how you make the subjects of your cards into robots for me cuntvalet :3:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I Before E posted:

If any Lego valentines are yet unclaimed, I would enjoy one as well.
Also, thanks to the goons who sent me Christmas cards, whether I've gotten them yet or not.

Got yours reserved as #12, Cardboard Robot if I dig through my collection and find enough peices for another puzzle/gift I will send one to you to but as of now all 12 are spoken for.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

First up is PezMaster, who sent me an awesome goonmas card (containing BEES!), and who's husband made me snort eggnog up my nose with his hilarious colouring of a Christmas turkey. I did eat turkey this year, and I DID think of that picture. Thoroughly creepy.

We just went shopping at Target (God you Americans are so lucky, that place is the bee's knees) and picked up a 120 count of crayons and an incredibly stupid Pony colouring book to defile. Also, a poo poo ton of stickers and valentines day cards. :getin:

Tried to find a cheap lego advent calender but there are none to be found. Poor Killamajig. Hopefully the stupid colour books and crayons will make up for it :)

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
So Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. I went to Target today and bought a bunch of cheapo cards (the best kind) and I'm formulating some ideas for crafty stuff to send with them.

On the Lego Valentines: don't send one to me but I definitely want to see pictures. I can't seem to wrap my mind around what these look like.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

PezMaster posted:

We just went shopping at Target (God you Americans are so lucky, that place is the bee's knees) and picked up a 120 count of crayons and an incredibly stupid Pony colouring book to defile. Also, a poo poo ton of stickers and valentines day cards. :getin:

Excellent. Oddly enough, I never thought of colouring the pages myself before.

I still have about 300 pages of my Star Wars colouring book left... But I'm not very creative! I don't know!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

It is lovely. I love it! It's just so pretty... I couldn't stop gushing when I saw it, and I'm sure I was super annoying. whenworldscollide, you are awesome. What more needs to be said? Thank you so much. I am keeping this FOREVER GET AWAY IT'S MINE.

Ha! Glad you liked it. I think cards like that are really neato. I like the 3D stuff. It's kinda cheesy but nifty too. Blessings, dearie! More is on it's way soon, too. For winter doldrums.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
So I absolutely loved all of the GoonMail I got this Christmas and so did MammaValet. She even got the cutest little happy apple needlepoint!

Nic and I loved our Scoobydoo and Invisible Man needlepoints omg you don't event know!

I love all of the cards that were sent and they are currently taking over my living room mantle. I'll be taking a picture soon to share!

Also, considering doing hand made goonentines again this year. Not sure if they'll be VentureTines again or something else!

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

PezMaster posted:

We just went shopping at Target (God you Americans are so lucky, that place is the bee's knees) 4

Gonna send you some actual trigona minima knees, in a small ziploc bag.
Happy early Suicide-if-you're-single Day.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

I would get married for one of these!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I've been sick and busy, so I apologize for not having posted sooner, but thank you Aunt Buck, Marlowe, Jimmy da Fish, and IMJACK (x2) for the Christmas cards and goodies! :-)

And since I'm usually single (and bitter) for Valentine's Day, I tend to call it Venereal Disease Day... I most likely will be sending out Hello Kitty cards.:-)

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Thanks to everyone who sent me x-mas cards! I bought two sets of notecards, a stamp, and ink, and I plan to sent out the occasional card over the course of the year (and to people who sent me cards that I didn't respond to yet). It just felt really nice to get so many cards in the mail that I want to keep it up! I think this was asked already, but does anyone know a good place to get those wax envelope seals?

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"

genesplicer posted:

On a related note, has anyone received my cards? I have not heard from anyone (Goon and nongoon alike) and am a bit concerned that the entire box went astray. That will be the last time I drop off a box of rubber band - bound envelopes at the post office.

I got your card on saturday.

It's relly cute. Thank you. (Did you get what I sent?)
Also thanks everybody in this thread for the amazing mail this year and I hope it continues this year.
Happy New Year !

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Paradox Personified posted:

Gonna send you some actual trigona minima knees, in a small ziploc bag.
Happy early Suicide-if-you're-single Day.

That would be the cutest mail ever :3:

Gettin' hammered tonight at a brewery/hotel. Postcards were bought, and drunken ramblings will be scribbled out and sent forth.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.
I want in on some GoonMail! I'm not super creative or anything but I like buying stupid kitschy stuff so hopefully I can deliver on something for Valentine's day.

Starting Tuesday I will be on the prowl for some sweet mailing items.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 22, 2021

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

PezMaster posted:

Gettin' hammered tonight at a brewery/hotel. Postcards were bought, and drunken ramblings will be scribbled out and sent forth.

Time to start a new thread: Goon Omnibus Drunken Ramblings Card Exchange. PezMaster, I would love to see what a drunken postcard looks like. :allears:

Also, I have a nice big stack of goonmail ready to go out tomorrow. My significant other caught the bug, and she's been having fun writing goony cards alongside me.

e: spelling

Dushkani fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jan 1, 2013

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Palette Swap sent me an awesome handmade chainmail bracelet.

You are awesome, I wore it out last night! :)

MustardMaster
Oct 14, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anybody up for some pen-palling? I made a thread about it just before Christmas but it was an idea basically born dead. However, a couple of people weren't too negative about it. Any of you guys lurking here?

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
Working on making Valentine's day cards. Are there any Watchmen fans in the thread? There have to be. Please tell me there's at least a
Rorschach fan...please? Also, any Silent Hill/Pyramid Head fans?

Opera Bitch posted:

I think this was asked already, but does anyone know a good place to get those wax envelope seals?

I get mine online from a company called Nostalgic Impressions. They have little tutorials if you are new to using them. They also carry King's wax, which is beautiful.

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jan 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Working on making Valentine's day cards. Are there any Watchmen fans in the thread? There have to be. Please tell me there's at least a
Rorschach fan...please?

Ooo, I'll dibs on a Watchmen Valentines card if that's OK!