Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Working on making Valentine's day cards. Are there any Watchmen fans in the thread? There have to be. Please tell me there's at least a
Rorschach fan...please?

I get mine online from a company called Nostalgic Impressions. They have little tutorials if you are new to using them. They also carry King's wax, which is beautiful.
How much extra for postage do they cost? When I sent my x-mas cards with the bookmarks inside it was an extra 20 cents and I was curious if a wax seal costs the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Geektox posted:

Ooo, I'll dibs on a Watchmen Valentines card if that's OK!

Oh, hooray! Now I can finish it knowing there will be a recipient who might enjoy it!

MustardMaster posted:

Anybody up for some pen-palling? I made a thread about it just before Christmas but it was an idea basically born dead. However, a couple of people weren't too negative about it. Any of you guys lurking here?

I'm totally up for this with anyone who might want to get mail aside from holiday related cards.

Opera Bitch posted:

How much extra for postage do they cost? When I sent my x-mas cards with the bookmarks inside it was an extra 20 cents and I was curious if a wax seal costs the same.

I don't believe it adds any extra postage to the mail. If you purchase the flexible wax, it should travel through the post without disintegrating and it is also USPS approved (or something of that nature).

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 1, 2013

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Working on making Valentine's day cards. Are there any Watchmen fans in the thread? There have to be. Please tell me there's at least a
Rorschach fan...please? Also, any Silent Hill/Pyramid Head fans?

Holy crap, you have no idea how much I love pyramid head. I'd go as him for halloween if it was canon to be a female and wear a shirt instead of going topless. I even thought of combining making traditional wire Mardi Gras masks, into a Mardi Gras Pyramid Head mask.
I'll try and send some Cajun doodads out with my Valentineseses.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Yes and yes/yes please

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

If you knew how to do anything from the video game Dragon's age I'd probably lose my mind with happiness/jealousy.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

MustardMaster posted:

Anybody up for some pen-palling? I made a thread about it just before Christmas but it was an idea basically born dead. However, a couple of people weren't too negative about it. Any of you guys lurking here?

I like letter writing. Sometimes I send stuff too, but mostly I write. I have piles of stationery.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

kafkasgoldfish posted:

I get mine online from a company called Nostalgic Impressions. They have little tutorials if you are new to using them. They also carry King's wax, which is beautiful.

Watchmen was one of the first comics I ever read. So I'm in for that.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Palette swap posted:

I got your card on saturday.

It's relly cute. Thank you. (Did you get what I sent?)
Also thanks everybody in this thread for the amazing mail this year and I hope it continues this year.
Happy New Year !

Why, yes, I did. I didn't mention it earlier, Sorry, I thought I did. I have to say, you are truly sick, allowing your students to draw Slenderman.
I thought I was the only one who did that.

And I must also add that the Archie/Breaking Bad mashup was also frightening.

Thanks!

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Hey everyone. So I'm moving to a new apartment in less than a week. I don't have the address right now but please don't send anything to the current address.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

MustardMaster posted:

I could dig some pen-palling! I love when people include letters in their mail, and I always have something stupid that I write about when I send out mail already! :v:

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

genesplicer posted:

Why, yes, I did. I didn't mention it earlier, Sorry, I thought I did. I have to say, you are truly sick, allowing your students to draw Slenderman.

Thanks!

These are both amazing. I can't stop laughing at how deceptively sweet Slenderman's facial expression is and the comic is blowing my mind. Very creative.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you kafkasgoldfish and jimmydafish for the christmas cards. I especially love the octopus stamp with the christmas hat. :3:

And then the other day I came home to a package sitting on the table for me. My first reaction was "SASS IS HERE! :woop:" and from Lamb! But there was no trace of bees. I then realised that Lamb is just a super mailer. Seriously, you are awesome!
Two cephalopod grow things, a cat bobble head, tea, red rubbery flicky thing, christmas tree pocket light, A Christmas Story bandaid, and an awesome postcard that is actually printed on the back. (Did you order those from somewhere?) Lamb, you are fantastic, I don't know how you manage to send out so much mail and then also do something like this. :3:

edit: Just checked the mail. Thank you AuntBuck. Glitter everywhere! :sassargh:

OhJeezAllSleeves fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 3, 2013

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

kafkasgoldfish posted:

My boyfriend is a huge Silent Hill/PH fan- he has three Silent HIll tattoos. And he just got laid off, so maybe that would cheer him up.

MustardMasters posted:

I would be down! I write back and forth with a few people here! :)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

Palette swap posted:

I got your card on saturday.

It's relly cute. Thank you. (Did you get what I sent?)
Also thanks everybody in this thread for the amazing mail this year and I hope it continues this year.
Happy New Year !

I received one that looked like this too and fell in love with it! It's one of a few that were sent that gets compliments from everybody. My friend Nicole tried to steal mine, 'cause she loves Monkeys. :3:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

kafkasgoldfish posted:

I love Silent Hill in an unhealthy fashion. I wanna be Heather when I grow up. :ohdear: Pyramidhead is cool, I bet he was acute little kid.

*gets shot for geometric humour*

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

MustardMaster posted:

I would totally be down for this. I just recently realized how much I love mailing things. Bring it on!

kafkasgoldfish posted:

yesyesohgodyes :dance:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

MustardMaster posted:

I'd be up for that as well. I haven't had a back and forth pen pal for awhile now.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

genesplicer posted:

Thanks!

I'm actually the horrible teacher who lets their students draw slenderman. That's an Abdullah original (the same kid who drew stuff for Kafka's Goldfish). He loves that slender game almost as much as he loves Mindcraft. One day I will tell him I saw Slenderman born (God, how long ago was that thread??).

Also, I love to deface Archie's :) Glad you got my card!

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

genesplicer posted:

Thanks!

Since I didn't look at that photo big, I thought it was an Archie comic crossing over with Mythbusters.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

MustardMaster posted:

I would like to participate in some penpal fun. I need an excuse to write more often even if it is ranting in a letter to a goon.

Plus everyone loves to have a reason to purchase stationary. :yayclod:

Sign me up!

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Dushkani posted:

Since I didn't look at that photo big, I thought it was an Archie comic crossing over with Mythbusters.

Now you've given me an idea of what to do with all those other Archies. No comic will be safe!

Looks like I've gathered up about 10 drunken postcards. I apologize in advance if you get one - if you can't read it let me know and I'll try my best to translate.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

I sent out a bunch of cutesy notecards today. I really wanted to get sealing wax for the envelopes but apparently my local post office is super strict about extra postage. After what I read online I was hoping they'd be one of the offices that doesn't charge. I'd be up for penpaling as well.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I want to apologize for my lack of posting in this thread. I was so busy over the holidays and got an 8 week old puppy that I've barely been on the forums. Every time I received a Christmas card, I felt so bad! But I wanted to make a list of thank-yous to everyone I received cards from. You guys are awesome and it made Christmas really great.

nonpromqueen and your little girl!
Pezmaster, who obviously has the coolest student ever and her artistic husband, Killamajig.
Keetron, even though I think you meant that 2013 is going to be great, not 2012 ;)
Fluffy Bunnies if only my tree were made of diamonds.
cardboardRobot with the silveryiest card ever.
Team Lunch, whose card featured the fanciest reindeers I've ever seen.
Vixenella and Alkaphanel, may there always be joy in your life and love in your heart as well!
THermophonic Joy, kitty cards are the best and those stickers were put to good use. Thank you!
Jimmy da Fish, your pretty card makes me happy.
Kafka's Goldfish who introduced me to the Christmas Octopus
Ashendar, my boyfriend thought it was awesome to get a postcard from Estonia!
Marlow, the card is adorable, I love the bright colours :3:

Anyone I missed, I'm super sorry and feel free to give me poo poo!

And finally, a picture of all the cards on my spiffy christmas card thinger!

Thank you guys so much!

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010
I have a question for the UK people in this thread. How much does a page/book of stamps cost there?
I saw this in an article, and I'd like to try to arrange a way to get some.

Dr. Who stamps to be issued by the Royal Mail!:
http://www.royalmail.com/DoctorWho

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
I have a bunch of cards from people I still need to post up and say thank you for! My laptop met an untimely demise so I have been borrowing computer time, but when I get everything sorted I promise I will get them on here and send some more out!

MustardMaster
Oct 14, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

cardboardRobot posted:

I'd be up for that as well. I haven't had a back and forth pen pal for awhile now.

panorama_change posted:

I would like to participate in some penpal fun. I need an excuse to write more often even if it is ranting in a letter to a goon.

Plus everyone loves to have a reason to purchase stationary. :yayclod:

Sign me up!

cardboardRobot posted:

Dushkani posted:

I would totally be down for this. I just recently realized how much I love mailing things. Bring it on!

Niemat posted:

I could dig some pen-palling! I love when people include letters in their mail, and I always have something stupid that I write about when I send out mail already! :v:

13Pandora13 posted:

I like letter writing. Sometimes I send stuff too, but mostly I write. I have piles of stationery.

I love you all. I have no idea where your addresses are in this thread though. Is it okay if I ask what they are? Once I get hold of any them I'm gonna start writing right away.

My address is as follows:

Finland
Pori 28100
Asemapäällikönkatu 3, apartment 38

I think that's all you need. I have never send snailmail in my life.

Edit: I don't think i missed anybody who responded to my message, but if I did, I want your address too. Writing is fun.

MustardMaster fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 3, 2013

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

MustardMaster posted:

I love you all. I have no idea where your addresses are in this thread though. Is it okay if I ask what they are? Once I get hold of any them I'm gonna start writing right away.

Finland
Pori 28100

Edit: I don't think i missed anybody who responded to my message, but if I did, I want your address too. Writing is fun.

Lamb is a fantastic organizer and actually has all the current addresses in a link on the first post. You can search for all our names there and it even lists which page our address is posted on.

MustardMaster
Oct 14, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

cardboardRobot posted:

Lamb is a fantastic organizer and actually has all the current addresses in a link on the first post. You can search for all our names there and it even lists which page our address is posted on.

I'm an idiot. Thank you, dude, I'll start scribbling right away!

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask. My mom has been quite sick lately (part of the reason I am behind on posting thanks for xmas cards) and she needs some cheering up. Would you kindly goons send her some fun/cute/cheerful cards to help her feel better? Better keep it clean since it is my mom. I would really appreciate it. I just want her to smile again and not be so miserable.

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

Thanks in advance! :)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

MustardMaster posted:

Finland
Pori 28100

Can I also write to you?!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

I just want to remind you guys that my address has changed to:

Kassie Wright
130 West St. Lower Apt.
Brantford, ON
n3t 3b9

I now longer live at Eagle ave. my ex roommate has been good about getting stray mail to me but it's no guarantee that I'll get any mail sent there.

MustardMaster
Oct 14, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

cuntvalet posted:

Can I also write to you?!

Of course. I'll write to you too.

Edit: 13Pandora13, I can't find your adress on the list. Where I could find it?

MustardMaster fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 4, 2013

Dushkani
Jun 25, 2012

Rarr.

MustardMaster posted:

I'm an idiot. Thank you, dude, I'll start scribbling right away!

So do we just pick someone who said they're in and start writing? Cause I'm down with that.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

MustardMaster posted:

Of course. I'll write to you too.

Edit: 13Pandora13, I can't find your adress on the list. Where I could find it?

I'm probably taken off because I don't post much, but I do write/write back.

(removed)

13Pandora13 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 22, 2013

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

JimmydaFish posted:

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask. My mom has been quite sick lately (part of the reason I am behind on posting thanks for xmas cards) and she needs some cheering up. Would you kindly goons send her some fun/cute/cheerful cards to help her feel better? Better keep it clean since it is my mom. I would really appreciate it. I just want her to smile again and not be so miserable.

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

I'll send your mom a note, Jimmy! :) Maybe with some sort of origami something in it. I hope she gets better soon.

MustardMaster posted:

I'd be up for pen-palling! I love snail-mailing and will write back anyone who writes me. My address hasn't changed, but here it is for convenience:

Team Lunch
2000 Riverside Drive
Apt 9K
Richmond, VA 23225
USA

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

JimmydaFish posted:

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

I'll send your mom a homemade card that my mom made. It'll be pretty and/or cute and I hope it helps cheer her up a bit.

MustardMaster
Oct 14, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dushkani posted:

So do we just pick someone who said they're in and start writing? Cause I'm down with that.

That's what I did. cardboardRobot, I send your letter a couple of hours ago, it should arrive in 4 to 8 business days. Other people who I'll be writing will be Team Lunch, 13Pandora13, Dushkani, cuntvalet, panorama_change and Niemat. I'll be mailing letters for the rest of you guys in random order in the next four of five days. That's seven people alltogether and I think that the maximum amount of people I'd be willing to write at the same time would be ten, basically because I just realized that I'm not excactly swimming in money. So there's a place for three more people in the Mustardwagon, jump in if you are feeling the winds of bravery blowing your way!

I double-dare you, muthafuckas.

MustardMaster fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 4, 2013

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Thanks Team Lunch and Shoozy!

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

JimmydaFish posted:

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

I have a few locally made cards that I didn't send out as a holiday card. I'll write a nice message for mother and put it in the mail this weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

I'll participate in pen-paling as well. I have some baby animal, Mc Escher, and nature cards I plan to send out.