Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Very strange sound editing in that one. But have they confirmed that it would be R and not watered down PG13 bullshit like the last one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Aatrek posted:

Holy hell, a new Good Day to Die Hard trailer.

I can't help but feel that this trailer spoiled most of the action setpieces, including what looks to be the finale. I guess it's sorta necessary since I get the feeling the Die Hard name doesn't have that much pull, as opposed to something like, I dunno, Bond or Batman or something.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Probably not safe to watch at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvDLWlxxcak

:stare:

Jesus Christ.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

Deadpool posted:

Jesus Christ.

Yeep. Well, I might just see this.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Now THAT is a horror movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

loving awesome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I know it's just a trailer, but seriously, that movie looks loving insane.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

Jesus Christ.

:stare::hf::stare:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

That tongue cutting scene makes my tongue feel really weird and uncomfortable :gonk:

Can't wait to see it on a giant loving screen.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am certain the "Cut it! Cut it!" scene is going to gently caress with me lots.

Obstacle
Mar 7, 2007
Good lord. They just kept upping the ante with that trailer over and over. The ending was worse for me than the beginning of Un Chien Andalou.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpBI2LPX2Ic

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I am still shaking from that Evil Dead trailer. I can't even watch the end.

Edit: A bit trouble breathing properly too.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

I am still shaking from that Evil Dead trailer. I can't even watch the end.

Edit: A bit trouble breathing properly too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is a total coward. I will never see this movie considering I couldn't even get through the trailer.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Jesus Christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Deadpool posted:

Jesus Christ.

Any chance of telling us what it is?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jedit posted:

Any chance of telling us what it is?

It's an incredible trailer for the remake of The Evil Dead.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I have been desensitised towards movie violence because nothing in that trailer grossed me out. Though that girl playing the Deadite is doing a really good job and the movie looks like fun so I'll probably go watch it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's funny that the star doesn't appear to be the Ash replacement but rather the Linda replacement. That's kind of genius.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
This looks like it could be a lot of fun. Looks more like an NC-17 "Drag Me to Hell" than a straight-up "Evil Dead" remake.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

For a less scary Redband trailer, this is the new one for Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErGy23X0B9Q

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Deadpool posted:

Jesus Christ.

Holy mother of god.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

Deadpool posted:

Jesus Christ.

:stonk:

That loving trailer.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

To counter the gross rear end Evil Dead trailer, does anyone know the song playing at the beginning of this trailer? I'm pretty sure it's from Drive and I've been hearing it used all over the place.

Speaking of Drive, I really hope Ryan Gosling isn't being typecast because I legitimately though The Place Beyond the Pines was a sequel and he was the original Driver. My sister was watching over my shoulder and said "I like that guy. He can stare into the distance and smile awkwardly and everyone loves him."

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

al-azad posted:

To counter the gross rear end Evil Dead trailer, does anyone know the song playing at the beginning of this trailer? I'm pretty sure it's from Drive and I've been hearing it used all over the place.

Yeah, that's "Tick of the Clock" by Chromatics. It is indeed recently known as the song from the opening sequence of Drive.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Okay, I've never seen the original 'Evil Dead', but I always assumed it was a horror-comedy-hybrid type film because of Bruce Campbell's usual on-screen personality and that he plays a dude with a chainsaw for a hand? Am I just totally, completely wrong, or is the trailer for the new version is a different take on the story completely?

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 5, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aatrek posted:

Okay, I've never seen the original 'Evil Dead', but I always assumed it was a horror-comedy-hybrid type film because of Bruce Campbell's usual on-screen personality. Am I just totally, completely wrong, or is the trailer for the new version is a different take on the story completely?.

The very first movie is more of a straight horror film, Evil Dead 2 (which is basically a remake of the first movie) is where they started adding slightly comedic elements to it. While Army of Darkness (which is the third movie and a direct sequel to Evil Dead 2) is just straight up silly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

The very first movie is more of a straight horror film, Evil Dead 2 (which is basically a remake of the first movie) is where they started adding slightly comedic elements to it. While Army of Darkness (which is the third movie and a direct sequel to Evil Dead 2) is just straight up sillygroovy.

Fixed that for you.

Raimi and Campbell has stated that the remake will be a straight-up horror movie, although as you can see in that trailer there's still plenty of Raimi in it.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

The MSJ posted:

Raimi and Campbell has stated that the remake will be a straight-up horror movie, although as you can see in that trailer there's still plenty of Raimi in it.

Rape Tree and Gallons o' Blood included.

After this latest trailer I have a suspicion it's not actually the tree doing the raping though, but rather just restraining her for the true rapist.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

The very first movie is more of a straight horror film

No, it's absolutely a straight horror movie, not "more of." There are horrifying elements to the original. The only reason people think back and freak out that this new one is straight-up intense horror is because they're thinking of Evil Dead II, or thinking that because it was so low budget and some of the effects and whatnot are cheesy nowadays that it is less of a horror movie, when it isn't.

edit- Also, Aatrek, get on that poo poo! It's on Netflix last time I checked.

GonSmithe fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 5, 2013

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The first Evil Dead was meant to be taken seriously but the low production value and no-name actors translated into a movie that's hard to take seriously. I don't think there's any intentional humor in ED but I sure as hell giggled at a few scenes including the tree rape.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

al-azad posted:

The first Evil Dead was meant to be taken seriously but the low production value and no-name actors translated into a movie that's hard to take seriously. I don't think there's any intentional humor in ED but I sure as hell giggled at a few scenes including the tree rape.
Exactly, that's what I'm trying to say. Because of all of these factors (as well as the sequels), people are outcrying and saying that this is an abomination to Evil Dead, when it really, really isn't.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy gently caress, that Evil Dead trailer is terrifying.
They managed to make that singing sequence 10x creepier than ever before, I've got the god drat heebie jeebies now.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

GonSmithe posted:

Exactly, that's what I'm trying to say. Because of all of these factors (as well as the sequels), people are outcrying and saying that this is an abomination to Evil Dead, when it really, really isn't.

Yeah the morons out there saying like Evil Dead is some kind of national treasure that shouldn't be remade because it's perfect or something all I can say is, Are you loving kidding me?

I love Evil Dead. The humor was unintentional and it was awesome. I love Evil Dead II. The humor was intentional and it was awesome. I mostly like Army of Darkness and the one-liners were awesome.

But let's not act like it is some sacred thing for gently caress's sake.

Here's the trailer for Evil Dead. Look at :37 seconds. The way her arm is straight and she stabs the girl's ankle.

That's supposed to be scary. It's hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtsK7skqk9U

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Shop Smart.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
The first "Evil Dead" was (and still is) pretty inventive with its camerawork, and that's one reason people remember it so fondly. I've talked to people who went to film school shortly after that movie came out and everyone was trying to ape the POV shots. There's plenty of unintentional comedy, but for its time it was considered pretty shocking for how relentlessly gory parts of it were. There weren't that many movies, horror or otherwise, in 1983 that went as far as "Evil Dead". It still doesn't have a rating in the US, and was sort of the bridge between "Dawn of the Dead" (1978) and "Re-Animator" (1985) in terms of being a more 'extreme' kind of horror movie.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I have no idea how they pulled off that "through the car windshield" shot in Evil Dead 2. Apparently the final shot in the first movie was done with Raimi on a motorcycle as he actually drove through the house but the opening shot of ED2 was straight through a car and everything with no cuts.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

al-azad posted:

I have no idea how they pulled off that "through the car windshield" shot in Evil Dead 2. Apparently the final shot in the first movie was done with Raimi on a motorcycle as he actually drove through the house but the opening shot of ED2 was straight through a car and everything with no cuts.

Well, the camera only reaches the front of the hood before the film cuts to Ash running. My guess would be that it is pushed through the car on a sufficiently-long pole.

Best online clip of the scene I could find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nThdlnHmFEo

Speaking of fantastic camerawork and car scenes, have you seen how they did the car scene in Children of Men? Contains plot spoilers, for those concerned.

EDIT/FUNFACT: Every Sam Raimi movie has featured his first car - a 1973 Oldsmobile Delta 88. It's even in this new film, as seen in the teaser trailer:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 5, 2013

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Aatrek posted:

Okay, I've never seen the original 'Evil Dead', but I always assumed it was a horror-comedy-hybrid type film because of Bruce Campbell's usual on-screen personality and that he plays a dude with a chainsaw for a hand? Am I just totally, completely wrong, or is the trailer for the new version is a different take on the story completely?

Not a different take so much as a different style. The original Evil Dead was played straight, but it's still obvious that they were having fun making it. This remake is just po-faced by the numbers splatter flick #264. I've discussed the red band trailer before on other forums, and the near universal consensus was that it killed any desire anyone had to see the movie. I'm amazed it's getting a positive response here.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
That's because it looks awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jedit posted:

Not a different take so much as a different style. The original Evil Dead was played straight, but it's still obvious that they were having fun making it.

Well, maybe Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell did. For the rest of the people involved it was a pretty miserable affair.

• Locked thread