Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
:circlefap::circlefap::circlefap:

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

I Want To Be Called Hajji Killer Now.

ha it gets better whoever wrote that doesn't know a haji is a real term for someone on hajj
It's also completely inaccurate. Holy books don't offer any protection against bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvXvlM5KY_U

Now, if he was carrying whiskey in his pocket, he might just have survived!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

grover posted:

It's also completely inaccurate. Holy books don't offer any protection against bullets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvXvlM5KY_U

Now, if he was carrying whiskey in his pocket, he might just have survived!

IIRC during the American Civil War and/or WW1 (forgot which), they made special metal-covered bibles for this purpose.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:
This was the main console on the bridge, and the only console. It's a blurry quick snap because we were asked not to photograph the inside of the ship.

This was the only fire hose on the forward main deck. To be fair, reviewing the pics there seems to be plenty of DC equipment on the flight deck, just not the rest of the ship.

The ship was immaculate, especially from what we've seen via other methods.

We pretty much had the run of the top side.

Plenty of arrays, just no user end equipment. They either sanitized the Bridge/CIC or they have another compartment to use it for whatever reason.

There's more pics but I didn't really feel comfortable posting them. Even with blacked out faces some may not appreciate it. Also, we were asked not to photograph the interior of the ship.

Navy intel nerds will know why it was surprising to just roll up on this out of nowhere

And have a Jianghu with the rear end end of at the time a missing Kilo.

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Goons in Platoons: I Want to Be Called A Hadji* Killer Now!

Hell Diver
Feb 2, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Holy poo poo this owns so hard haha.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Hell Diver posted:

Apparently Juba is not familiar with the term "eye relief," and enjoys getting black eyes from the scope.

Also yes that is awesome. Please tell me there's an Afghan one like Ahmad the IED emplacer or Abdul the Green on Blue Assassin.

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

iyaayas01 posted:

Apparently Juba is not familiar with the term "eye relief," and enjoys getting black eyes from the scope.

Also yes that is awesome. Please tell me there's an Afghan one like Ahmad the IED emplacer or Abdul the Green on Blue Assassin.

Those dragonovs and their knock offs have that long rear end rubber piece that you're supposed to put your eye on.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Hell Diver posted:

I remember being on raids for the juba sniper. Good times.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Veins McGee posted:

Yeah, but in common parlance, Haji isn't used as a term of respect for people who have completed the Hajj.

Somewhere on Rt Mobile or Michigan in 2008, probably near Korean Village.

That's probably michigan since mobile was more well-maintained, and I think had 3 lanes going each way. Those guard rails are gone for 2 reasons: 1) Iraqis loved stealing them and selling them for scrap, 2) For a while there, a lot of small IEDs were emplaced behind guard rails. They wouldn't do a thing to our modern up-armored vics, but against the thin-skin and bolt-on HMMWVs we had back then, they could mess guys up.

grover
Jan 23, 2002

PEW PEW PEW
Lex Luther was an idiot who missed the obvious solution.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AL_E4X8xA70

This is a pretty cool documentary about marine commando training for british dudes

Also you get to see a guy wash his cock in like the first 10 minutes

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Iraqi Army. Diyala Province, Iraq, 2008

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

genderstomper58 posted:

This is a pretty cool documentary about marine commando training for british dudes

I seem to remember it was pre watershed so it aired at around 8pm, Come for our cock laden tv. Also interesting note they were called the Hollywood trp by the other intakes our so my mate who was DS there told me.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

MonkeyLibFront posted:

I seem to remember it was pre watershed so it aired at around 8pm, Come for our cock laden tv. Also interesting note they were called the Hollywood trp by the other intakes our so my mate who was DS there told me.

I thought it was kind of odd how the instructors seemed almost nice at first, but amped up the assholishness as training progressed whereas in the US they're assholes as soon as you step off the bus. Obviously it could just be editing, I surely don't know

Also according to wikipedia the officers train with enlisted for the first months???

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Why are they getting detailed graphic instruction on how to wash their dicks? By the time you can enlist shouldn't that be a skill you've mastered? And who gets picked to do that job?

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Branis posted:

Why are they getting detailed graphic instruction on how to wash their dicks? By the time you can enlist shouldn't that be a skill you've mastered?

I dunno, in my boot camp they taught us how to brush our teeth, etc

Some backwoods motherfuckers slip through the cracks I guess

e: cock count is up to 4

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Branis posted:

Why are they getting detailed graphic instruction on how to wash their dicks? By the time you can enlist shouldn't that be a skill you've mastered? And who gets picked to do that job?

By the time you can enlist shouldn't that be a skill you've mastered?

By the time you can enlist

enlist

edit for content: We no poo poo had a kid piss on himself like 4 times in basic. people skipping showers and a bunch of other nasty poo poo. people that enlist are generally gross people you'd never want to be around. "YEP JUST GONNA SKIP BRUSHING MY TEETH TODAY AINT GOT TIME" gross fucks.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

genderstomper58 posted:

Also according to wikipedia the officers train with enlisted for the first months???

BUD/S is everyone together, so is (I think) USAF PJ and CCT indoc (CROs and STOs are lumped in with the PJ and CCT candidates, respectively), so it doesn't really surprise me they'd do that.

Best SEALS picture:

e: There were officer candidates who would try and pull that AINT GOT TIME TO SHOWER poo poo. People who are trying to be officers. In Montgomery, Alabama. In loving July. We had four guys in one room, one shower, ten minutes to get showered, shaved, brushed teeth, change out of PTs into BDUs, and room in inspection order. TEN loving MINUTES and people would still be like AINT GOT TIME.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 5, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

iyaayas01 posted:

BUD/S is everyone together, so is (I think) USAF PJ and CCT indoc (CROs and STOs are lumped in with the PJ and CCT candidates, respectively), so it doesn't really surprise me they'd do that.

Best SEALS picture:

Youre tellin me stuff I know brah, but this is like basic + SOI together or whatever in one so its just a strange difference to me

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

genderstomper58 posted:

I thought it was kind of odd how the instructors seemed almost nice at first, but amped up the assholishness as training progressed whereas in the US they're assholes as soon as you step off the bus. Obviously it could just be editing, I surely don't know

My training team ramped it up after the first few weeks but i'm Army, the thing with the marines is they won't drop there standard so you could end up with a situation were they genuinely could bin an entire intake especially if you have nobody back trooped due to injury/failing tests. The thing with us is that we didn't sign on the dotted line until around 6 days in to basic after we had our medical so they can't technically be dicks ie. pressups making you run to the tree's etc. Not sure about the officers but i seem to remember them having to do everything the juniors do but quicker.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

genderstomper58 posted:

Youre tellin me stuff I know brah, but this is like basic + SOI together or whatever in one so its just a strange difference to me

I didn't watch the video, how long is the training? I mean BUD/S is 25 weeks and they're together the whole time, I just figured it would comparable-ish to that.

e: Nevermind, watched part of the video (also re-read what you said), I see what you're saying as far as it being an "accessions"/entry type training.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 5, 2013

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

MonkeyLibFront posted:

the thing with the marines is they won't drop there standard so you could end up with a situation were they genuinely could bin an entire intake especially if you have nobody back trooped due to injury/failing tests.

We had a guy in my marine boot platoon who literally failed everything, every time and still graduated. Every PFT, that fill in the blanks test thing, fell out of every hike or PT run or particularly brisk march. Personally singled out by the BN XO while conducting inspection as a failure. Graduated.

(it wasn't me honest)

edit oh poo poo you're talking about the UK, NEVER MIND.

Best Friends fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 5, 2013

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

iyaayas01 posted:

I didn't watch the video, how long is the training? I mean BUD/S is 25 weeks and they're together the whole time, I just figured it would comparable-ish to that.

Initial Officer training is 15 months for RM, normal intake is around 32 weeks for basic.

MonkeyLibFront fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 5, 2013

invision
Mar 2, 2009

iyaayas01 posted:

I'm watching it right now. 38 weeks. seems kinda camp cupcakeish to me. DS's laughing and joking with recruits like its some kind of comedy club

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

invision posted:

I'm watching it right now. 38 weeks. seems kinda camp cupcakeish to me. DS's laughing and joking with recruits like its some kind of comedy club

It surprised me too, it gets lovely though

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Here's part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-rHXRzNkqA

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
All of them are on this page i believe.

http://www.youtube.com/user/3CommandoBrigade

Socal Sapper
Jan 5, 2013

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

I remember being on raids for the juba sniper. Good times.

Same here. I also went on a few raids looking for Saddam. Nothing like searching a goat farm full of poo poo for Iraq's leader.

penis bandana
Aug 6, 2008
Guy with bad tribal tattoo and an exposed cock.

Nothing could possibly prepare a recruit for military life better than this single experience.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nevermind the veritable rats nest of cables seen here. The real winner here are the two bolts you can see poking through the electrical tape, they've got 12v constant coming off them and were completely exposed. Some fatass cop douche tried to blame this mess on me claiming that after I had been in "his" truck the gun lock stopped working, and the radio was sitting up higher in the jotto desk than before. As it turns out nobody from our shop had been in this truck since some shady electronics company had been contracted to install this poo poo. Those bolts were tumbling around inside intermittently shorting out stuff including the gun lock. In addition the radio couldn't possibly have been sitting any lower in the desk because the horrible mess of a wiring job won't allow it to sit any lower.

Death to contractors and skycops.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I've just put together a post about a couple of mystery bombs used in Syria, if anyone has a clue what they could be it would be a great help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiGlY6DxodE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DznRyIQ1js

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

Brown Moses posted:

I've just put together a post about a couple of mystery bombs used in Syria, if anyone has a clue what they could be it would be a great help.

That one seriously looks like regime's first DIY gravity bomb.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

front wing flexing posted:

That one seriously looks like regime's first DIY gravity bomb.

I was just saying the same thing to someone on Twitter, they both seem to have a whiff of the DIY about them. I've been looking through Soviet/Russian arms catalogs and not been able to find a match for either of them so far.

If anyone is looking for videos from Syria I've been putting them into various Youtube playlists for a while, you all might find something interesting there.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Brown Moses posted:

I was just saying the same thing to someone on Twitter, they both seem to have a whiff of the DIY about them. I've been looking through Soviet/Russian arms catalogs and not been able to find a match for either of them so far.

If anyone is looking for videos from Syria I've been putting them into various Youtube playlists for a while, you all might find something interesting there.

I'm no bomb expert but if you told me to make a big-rear end aircraft bomb I'd probably make one that looks like that.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
I don't have a copy of Jane's readily available, but I'd recommend checking eastern European/former bloc countries and their exports for that configuration. For some reason, Serbia comes to mind when I look at it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't know how many UK milgoons are kicking around, but this documentary takes a look at a training area in the UK that recreates an Afghan village it's actually pretty well shot, and somewhat informative.

I know the UK has a replica German village somewhere from the cold war days, so it's cool to see that they're keeping up with the times.

http://youtu.be/vAi5HC9ArFE

~Highlights~

- Busted Female Veterinary Techs
- Hilarious Accents
- A Lance Corporal who thinks 5.56 is designed to wound and 7.62 kills
- Real life amputees as roleplayers (this one is actually pretty cool)
- Salty NCOs talking about Kosovo

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
I recently did the STANTA ex dismounted before Christmas last year and i've seen that video before, the training area and the actual ex is a lot better. The geezer who's chatting poo poo about weapon calibres is REME so basically technical trade so possibly vehicle mechanic etc he is also just a normal private equiv.

MonkeyLibFront fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jan 8, 2013

Fraser CDN
May 16, 2009
MORON

genderstomper58 posted:

Canada has a version where they follow a few recruits through basic. After the crappy opening its quite funny watching them get jacked up by a Francophone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5AcSb00sVU

The whole washing the cock thing was standard back in the day,one of my Sgt's got chosen to do it when he did basic in the early 90's.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.
This may be a better thread to put this.

Can someone identify this?

linked for bigger http://imgur.com/sbTW6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
It looks like it's powered by cigarettes. The only writing I can make out is 1977.

• Locked thread