Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

JimmydaFish posted:

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask. My mom has been quite sick lately (part of the reason I am behind on posting thanks for xmas cards) and she needs some cheering up. Would you kindly goons send her some fun/cute/cheerful cards to help her feel better? Better keep it clean since it is my mom. I would really appreciate it. I just want her to smile again and not be so miserable.

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

Thanks in advance! :)

Hope your mom likes belated Christmas cards/weiner dogs, because I have a bunch left and I'm not throwing them out because my dogs are the best dogs :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Working on making Valentine's day cards. Are there any Watchmen fans in the thread? There have to be. Please tell me there's at least a
Rorschach fan...please? Also, any Silent Hill/Pyramid Head fans?

kafkasgoldfish, yesterday I received another card from you! Thank you for the awesome cross stitch. It made me laugh... I was expecting 8bit nintendo characters and instead was mildly insulted. Best mail. :3:

I'd like to throw in a request for the Silent Hill valentines! My fiancé and I have a tradition of playing the games together (because I'm a chicken), so it's kind of our thing.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

13Pandora13 posted:

Hope your mom likes belated Christmas cards/weiner dogs, because I have a bunch left and I'm not throwing them out because my dogs are the best dogs :colbert:

I'm sure she would love it. Anything to make her smile. Thanks!!!

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

After getting my first letters, I've unexpectedly had to move and as a result haven't had access to my mail. My landlord has been uncooperative with letting my get it. So if anyone has sent me any mail in the past 2 and half months or so, thank you very much, I'm sure I'd have appreciated it.

Also, I'd like to ask to take my old address off the mailing list as it would be annoying and confusing for new tenants to receive a bunch of letters.

Thanks everyone

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Hey everyone. Out of a horrible situation with horrible people and moved to my new place!

Rickycat
4501 Hammersley Rd.
Apt #112
Madison, WI

And this time I'll actually, you know, write back.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

JimmydaFish posted:

Hey everyone, I have a favor to ask. My mom has been quite sick lately (part of the reason I am behind on posting thanks for xmas cards) and she needs some cheering up. Would you kindly goons send her some fun/cute/cheerful cards to help her feel better? Better keep it clean since it is my mom. I would really appreciate it. I just want her to smile again and not be so miserable.

Cards can be sent to:
J. da Fish's mom
C/O Jimmy da Fish
3385 Burbank Dr
Ann Arbor MI 48105

Thanks in advance! :)

Could I request something similar for parents as well? My mom has taken a bit of a turn for the worse and both of my parents are kind of stressed as a result. Sending greeting cards isn't very popular in Chinese culture so I think it'll be a nice treat for them.

Jimmydafish, my first card will be for your mum! In the meantime, all my best to you and your family.

Geektox fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 22, 2021

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I would be interested in being a pen pal! I'd like to learn all about where people live, what it's like, what they enjoy, etc.

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...

Thermophonic Joy posted:

kafkasgoldfish, yesterday I received another card from you! Thank you for the awesome cross stitch. It made me laugh... I was expecting 8bit nintendo characters and instead was mildly insulted. Best mail. :3:

It was an "Anchor Man" quote! Really! I would never say such things to a lady goon!

kafkasgoldfish fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 5, 2013

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.

Bampf Kerpow! posted:

I have a question for the UK people in this thread. How much does a page/book of stamps cost there?
I saw this in an article, and I'd like to try to arrange a way to get some.

Dr. Who stamps to be issued by the Royal Mail!:
http://www.royalmail.com/DoctorWho

Stamps here are pretty expensive these days (I’m not sure how they compare to international prices but they’ve increased rapidly in the last couple of years). According to the Royal Mail website:

12 x First Class £7.20, 12 x Second Class £6.00, 6 x First Class £3.60

I live about two minutes from a Post Office so I’ll nip in tomorrow and see if they have any. Sometimes special collections like these tend to sell quite quickly so I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to get them but I’ll try.

---

On to more unexpected and heart-warming goonmail...

Just before I left for Christmas I received a lovely card from the wonderful Apostate, complete with a very nice owl bookmark I will be putting to good use this year (should make my work reading a little more aesthetically pleasing at least)!

Thank you! I’m sorry I was too late and disorganised to send one back in time but I’ll make sure something heads your way shortly!

---

After going home for Christmas, I arrived back in Cheltenham a couple of days ago to find a big pile of wonderful stickered post waiting for me- it bought a massive smile to my face!

Hmmm…I spy a similarity on a couple of those envelopes...

Not one, but TWO cards from the lovely Team Lunch!

What a lucky girl I am to be so spoiled! Doubly Thank You for all the goodies- I shall have to start an origami aquarium with all my little fishies!

From the kindly Kitten Tits and her nieces I received a lovely handmade card sending me Norwegian goodwill!

Are you still seeing them regularly? I’d like to send something back (obviously to you) but to them too if it’s still appropriate? I’ll see if I can find something suitable in town tomorrow!

Finally, the fabulous Kafka's Goldfish sent me a magnificent octopus card, complete with a very elegant fleur-de-lis seal on the envelope and brilliant apple cross stitch I shall treasure- thank you so much!

Then yesterday another envelope bedecked in cute stickers arrived- this time from the lovely Lamb- who once again has sent me a wonderful array of bits and bobs, including a brilliant post card, stretchy snowman and quality plaster for when I next slice my finger open with a scalpel!

That was all excellent but I was seriously excited and amazed when I opened up the little brown box to find an incredible pop up Christmas tree light- I am going to save the battery life on it and have it be my flat tree next year, as I’m unlikely to have a real one here. Thank you!!!

I don’t care that Christmas has passed- I am going to be keeping my cards up for some time!

Thank you everyone! I will now attempt to get my act together and return some long overdue letters. Unfortunately I forgot to collect more stationary from home and I think it’s a bit late for Christmas cards now (!) but I’ve got some Where’s Wally postcards I hope will be acceptable and I’ll see what else I can dig out from my stash or find in the shops tomorrow!

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Just a heads-up, the list in the OP hasn't been updated for a couple months. Plenty of people have posted their addies in this thread. The OCD in me is tempted to make an edible googledoc or whatever the best service for that is.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Paradox Personified posted:

Just a heads-up, the list in the OP hasn't been updated for a couple months. Plenty of people have posted their addies in this thread. The OCD in me is tempted to make an edible googledoc or whatever the best service for that is.

Huh? It was last updated on December 17th.

I've updated the list with all of the requested changes (I believe - let me know if you if I missed one), and have added in the special goonlove requests at the bottom (like I did with goonmom addresses for Mother's Day last year). I've also taken off anyone who hasn't posted since earlier than December 1. If I removed you and you want to stay on the list, or if you only wanted to participate in the Christmas card exchange and want to be removed, just let me know.

Once again I have a stack of mail to post thank yous for, but off the top of my head I wanted to say thanks to Team Lunch for the wonderful journal and origami dragon, which my 5-year-old tells me is a Hungarian Horntail, Palette Swap for the bracelet (I still say you should sell them, they're awesome), and wwc for sending me an amazing postcard folder that combined my favorite things - vintage Disney World and old postcards. Many more thanks and pictures to come.

Bampf Kerpow! posted:

Lamb, I have a question for you, what kind of printer did you use for that photo you sent (Pauly)? I love the quality of it. I can never get my printed pictures to look like real ones like yours does.

You know, I can't remember where I got those photos from. I want to say someone sent them to me last year and I re-gifted them on account of them being so awesome. If I had to guess I'd say they were probably commercially done.

MustardMaster posted:

Anybody up for some pen-palling? I made a thread about it just before Christmas but it was an idea basically born dead. However, a couple of people weren't too negative about it. Any of you guys lurking here?

You'll find that in this thread between holidays, we do a bit of pen-palling. Like pitgoddess mentioned, some of us correspond regularly in addition to the holiday cards. I, for one, would love to "jump aboard the Mustardwagon".

cardboardRobot posted:

And then the other day I came home to a package sitting on the table for me. My first reaction was "SASS IS HERE! :woop:" and from Lamb! But there was no trace of bees. I then realised that Lamb is just a super mailer. Seriously, you are awesome!
Two cephalopod grow things, a cat bobble head, tea, red rubbery flicky thing, christmas tree pocket light, A Christmas Story bandaid, and an awesome postcard that is actually printed on the back. (Did you order those from somewhere?)

Aww thanks. I actually ordered those cards from Zazzle. About the other stuff, I was scouring Five Below for goonmail treasures and came across the grow cuttlefish and remembered that you said you like them; it seemed like such an odd thing (why on Earth would a toy company make a toy cuttlefish of all things?) How could I pass up the opportunity to send it to you?

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
:siren: Long overdue megapost! :siren:

From Panoramic Change I got this surreal card of a banana zeppelin.

After a few moments of giggling I flipped the card open to find this:

This was so unexpected that I laughed and laughed...and then quickly ran over to my door to affirm that it was locked. Thanks Panoramic Change for the big laugh!

A tartan Santa card from Party Hat with stories about her awesome cat. Thanks so much. I love hearing about other people's pets and I think my mind would be blown away if I ever met a cat who can play dead!

A sweet note from Jimmy da Fish with the cutest paper cut outs (did you make these?):

Most adorable cat in a hat from Andaley

A pretty awesome dachshund card from 13Pandora13. This is your pup, yes? The back photo is hilarious! Included were some lovely photos 13Pandora13 shot herself. Also, a sparkly and shiny card from cardboard robot. Ohhh, sparklies...

A beautiful postcard from Crazy Old Clarice. The photo doesn't really do the card justice. There are beautiful embossed cardinals and holly plants on the edges with scalloped detail and a very nice note. (I'm glad you liked your cross stitch--it was the first time I'd tried that pattern and it was a little advanced for me.)

From Vixenella and Alkaphanel a great card that made me laugh. Look at these faces. (The owls are not what they seem...) and even *more* shiny distraction from IM Jack

A mail explosion from lamb complete with light up mini X-mas tree, Mrs. Claus money, "A Christmas Story" band aid, trading cards from "Gremlins", "Ghostbusters" and "Garbage Pail Kids" (I was a fan of all these when I was a wee one!), and so much more! Fantastic, thanks lamb!

From Team Lunch awesome oragami, stickers and this amazing drawing of Mr. White from "Breaking Bad". You did this on a lunch break?! I am thrilled with it. Thank you so much!

From genesplicer a card full of monkey business, "Hunchback" trading cards (one of my favorite books!) and a plague doctor trading card (how did you know I love anything to do with plague doctors?!)

Oh, you!

This most awesome key chain from Naomi D. which also glows in the dark. I cannot tell you how over the moon I am to have something with my avatar name on it! I put my keys on it right away!

A letter and card full of goodies from Tempura Wizard (awww, look at the little guy left behind!)

A nice card from Molten Llama whose little note about PDX made me laugh

Also, Abby Normal and Fluffy Bunnies, your mail was returned. I double checked the addresses and they seem right. Am I missing something?

Sorry about the mega-gigantic post. Thank you so much everyone for all the letters. So. Many. Letters!

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

cuntvalet posted:

I would be interested in being a pen pal! I'd like to learn all about where people live, what it's like, what they enjoy, etc.

I'll be your pen-pal! I'm writing to you right now.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

kafkasgoldfish posted:

It was an "Anchor Man" quote! Really! I would never say such things to a lady goon!

No, no! I liked your cross stitch! Also, I like that you remembered I like Anchorman. :buddy:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I hope everyone likes Januarymas cards, because there's a whole stack of cards here I haven't sent out yet. Oops. :ohdear:

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.

Bampf Kerpow! posted:

I have a question for the UK people in this thread. How much does a page/book of stamps cost there?
I saw this in an article, and I'd like to try to arrange a way to get some.

Dr. Who stamps to be issued by the Royal Mail!:
http://www.royalmail.com/DoctorWho

I went to the post office yesterday- the stamps wont be released until March (it probably said that in the article but I didn't actually check beforehand!). If you remind me nearer the time I'll pop in again to try and pick some up.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

Geektox posted:

Could I request something similar for parents as well? My mom has taken a bit of a turn for the worse and both of my parents are kind of stressed as a result. Sending greeting cards isn't very popular in Chinese culture so I think it'll be a nice treat for them.

Qing & Jing
C/O Edmond
#154-3650 Mount Seymour Pkwy
PO Box 30088 PARKGATE
North Vancouver, BC V7H2Y0
Canada

Jimmydafish, my first card will be for your mum! In the meantime, all my best to you and your family.

Thank you! I am sending a card your way as well.

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010

Hemlock posted:

I went to the post office yesterday- the stamps wont be released until March (it probably said that in the article but I didn't actually check beforehand!). If you remind me nearer the time I'll pop in again to try and pick some up.

Thank you! :D

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
Jimma da Fish and Geektox, I will mail cards to your parents tomorrow.

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

MustardMaster posted:

That's what I did. cardboardRobot, I send your letter a couple of hours ago, it should arrive in 4 to 8 business days. Other people who I'll be writing will be Team Lunch, 13Pandora13, Dushkani, cuntvalet, panorama_change and Niemat. I'll be mailing letters for the rest of you guys in random order in the next four of five days. That's seven people alltogether and I think that the maximum amount of people I'd be willing to write at the same time would be ten, basically because I just realized that I'm not excactly swimming in money. So there's a place for three more people in the Mustardwagon, jump in if you are feeling the winds of bravery blowing your way!

I double-dare you, muthafuckas.

I said I wwanted to be penpals, especially now that I see you live in the great white northnorth, but you didn't include me on your list :(

I hope I made it in time for Mustardy penpal action.

pennymay
Nov 21, 2010

Rythe posted:

I am hoping the Valentine Lego go over really well, I hope they are fun, amusing and a bit puzzling. I have 4 set aside for JimmyDaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish and Lamb, if anybody else wants one let me know. I have 8 more not spoken for that I will send out, maybe a bit more if I can find a few more pieces.

Uh uh I can't count (I don't know if there've already been 8 responders :ohdear:) but if you still have any available I'd swoon.

I'm so excited about the Valentine's exchange! Even though they'll all have Christmas stamps!
How long until February? Hmph.

BY THE WAY:
I neglected to thank the senders of the cards we got while we were visiting our families for the holidays. To rectify this, tomorrow when my living room has light again, I will take a picture of the lovely tree that all of your cards and goodies went to create.

But a huge thank you to everyone who sent us cards. We didn't do much decorating for Christmas this year, but we got to fill our apartment with a whole lotta goon love!

pennymay fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 7, 2013

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
I'm totally in for being penpals with people.

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Rythe posted:

I am hoping the Valentine Lego go over really well, I hope they are fun, amusing and a bit puzzling. I have 4 set aside for JimmyDaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish and Lamb, if anybody else wants one let me know. I have 8 more not spoken for that I will send out, maybe a bit more if I can find a few more pieces.
I'd love one too if you have anymore.

I sent out a new batch of cards, including some to the people who said they were interested in pen-paling. JimmydaFish I sent one to your mom but forgot my username had a swear in it only after I signed it, so I put a little apology to her in there. Geektox I also sent one to your parents, but didn't sign it with my username, using Naomi D instead. Hope everyone likes them!

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013

thepitgoddess posted:

I hope I made it in time for Mustardy penpal action.

Ok dude, you are in. Now my list is starting to be full though, I've gotta make up some sort of a schedule if I want to get this thing done. So much writing.:allears:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Jimmydafish, I got a cute goonmas card from you this morning! Thank you! Just when I was running low on after-christmas cheer... :buddy:

lamb, I think the mailmachine ate your letter! I received the front and some of the back half of your envelope in a Canada Post bag, apologizing for my mail being damaged. There's nothing in it, but there are pretty stickers on the envelope. :ohdearsass: Thank you for sending me some goonlove, and I'm sorry that stupid Canada Post had to eat it.

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010
Argh! I got three of my cards back in the mail today from Christmas. Two were incorrectly addressed (I mixed two addresses by accident) and one was for insufficient postage. It's strange they all came back at the same time. No worries though! I will remedy it with the Valentine's batch =). Thank you PezMaster, for the post card I received today! :D

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I am totally and shamefully delinquent in thanking people for the wonderful Christmas cards I received.

lamb, thank you for the huge pile of cheer! The Santa Claus vs. the Martians card is super cute!
Pezmaster, the picture from your students and the coloring from your husband are adorable.
Shoozy, thank you for the coloring page!
Kat, HOLY poo poo GLITTER BOMB. Thank you!
Aunt Buck, you glitter bomb is second-rate. :colbert: But thank you!
Thermophonic Joy, thank you for the pile of love!
Opera Bitch, you helped make my holiday season all holidaylidy, even despite my signing on late. Thank you!
DLAO, thank you for the kitty card and the origami!

Now I have to start thinking about Valentines. The question is: saucy or not-so-saucy?

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

I am all out of the Lego I need from my personal collection for the Valentines day exchange unfortunately, building that lamp out of Lego kind of cleared my collection out some. I might put in a order for more loose Lego soon to send out more gifts, but I am not sure on that just yet. As of now I have JimmydaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish, Lamb, Disargeria, Paradox Personified, thepitgoddess, Ricky Cat, Team Lunch, Tremors, Killamajig and I before E to send packages out in the near future. Need to find some bitching cards and stickers to go with everything too.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Rythe posted:

I am all out of the Lego I need from my personal collection for the Valentines day exchange unfortunately, building that lamp out of Lego kind of cleared my collection out some. I might put in a order for more loose Lego soon to send out more gifts, but I am not sure on that just yet. As of now I have JimmydaFish, Thermophonic Joy, Kafkas Goldfish, Lamb, Disargeria, Paradox Personified, thepitgoddess, Ricky Cat, Team Lunch, Tremors, Killamajig and I before E to send packages out in the near future. Need to find some bitching cards and stickers to go with everything too.

Can't tell you how excited I am for this! Thank you in advance.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
kafkasgoldfish, did you ever get mine? :ohdear:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
I got a little money for xmas so I bought a few stamps. Not too many, but hey, some is better than none! So, I might send out a few valentines.

:siren: lamb- Is the list updated to people who are still active? Or is there another cull due soon. I wasn't sure when you were going to remove the xmas card-only people. Or if you have already. I will probably just stick to people who have sent me things before, the long term folks, as I think I have some catching up to do anyway. Meaning, the letterball's in my court. But if I end up with extra stamps, it would be nice to send some old fashioned valentines to folks who are new to the thread. I will stay off the list still though, for now.

Also, I'm glad you got a kick out of those postcards, and it wasn't too stalky of me. :kimchi: That made my day, to see that it was a nice surprise for you.

when worlds collide fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 8, 2013

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I'm finally mailing the rest of the postcards (repurposed as pirate stickered Harry Potter New Years cards) today but...

Bampf Kerpow! I kind of wrote your card to someone else. Or, I put your address on someone else's card. I don't know where I got mixed up but I don't want to waste a good postcard. If you see something about wisdom teeth and mustaches just um ignore it and look at the pretty picture?

Oh and I've got 6 unclaimed Disney postcards too!

Disargeria fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 8, 2013

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

IMJack posted:

Now I have to start thinking about Valentines. The question is: saucy or not-so-saucy?

ALWAYS saucy :colbert:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
Thank you for the card, Opera Bitch! The movies happen to be the source for my name. :3: I'm excited for Valentine's Day goon love. (oh god I'm so alone)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Got some pen pal lovin' today, and sending some return lovin' out tomorrow! :heysexy:

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Picked up my mail that was held over from Christmas yesterday - BOOM GOON LOVIN' ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Aunt Buck sent me a big ol' sparkly card and a bunch of stickers for my students. Gave them out today and there were at least two girls who had stickers all over their faces by lunch time. Lamb provided me with some awesome ghostbuster cards (p sure I had a whole set of them when I was a kid!) and some neato tea (I've never thought of sending tea through the mail like that) among other things. DLAO provided us with a new sparkly ornament and a cute crane (which has already been claimed by one of my students). Fellow teacher Genesplicer sent monkeys. So many monkeys. A pictures of two kitties came from the lovely marlowe can you go(you're on my valentine's list, missy). And, last but not least, an awesome little beaded bracelet from Opera Bitch. I'll be attaching that to my school bag :) Thank you so much, everyone! I've got to figure out what to do with all these cards - hmm . . .

My students are doodling in their free time, Killamajig has coloured up a storm, and I've ordered some really amazingly cute Star Wars and Avengers cards over Scholastic (I love being a teacher). Can't wait!

Bampf Kerpow!
Aug 17, 2010

Disargeria posted:

Bampf Kerpow! I kind of wrote your card to someone else. Or, I put your address on someone else's card. I don't know where I got mixed up but I don't want to waste a good postcard. If you see something about wisdom teeth and mustaches just um ignore it and look at the pretty picture?

Haha ;D!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

PezMaster posted:

Picked up my mail that was held over from Christmas yesterday - BOOM GOON LOVIN' ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Aunt Buck sent me a big ol' sparkly card and a bunch of stickers for my students. Gave them out today and there were at least two girls who had stickers all over their faces by lunch time. Lamb provided me with some awesome ghostbuster cards (p sure I had a whole set of them when I was a kid!) and some neato tea (I've never thought of sending tea through the mail like that) among other things. DLAO provided us with a new sparkly ornament and a cute crane (which has already been claimed by one of my students). Fellow teacher Genesplicer sent monkeys. So many monkeys. A pictures of two kitties came from the lovely marlowe can you go(you're on my valentine's list, missy). And, last but not least, an awesome little beaded bracelet from Opera Bitch. I'll be attaching that to my school bag :) Thank you so much, everyone! I've got to figure out what to do with all these cards - hmm . . .

My students are doodling in their free time, Killamajig has coloured up a storm, and I've ordered some really amazingly cute Star Wars and Avengers cards over Scholastic (I love being a teacher). Can't wait!

There's always room for more monkeys!

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Pezzzzzz Massa! Killamajig! If you lived closer to Louisiana I'd shuffle you two around for Mardi Gras. (hell, if you lived any further away you'd be closer..) Thanks for the card, stickers, postcard, drawing from A Kid (Thanks, Kid!) and the coloring from Killa. I had a dream about that coloring, poor poor snowman couldn't even seppuku right. Hehe, carrot.
Anyway, I don't own a camera or a scanner or anything fancy so just take my 12,492 thanks right here. You some good peoples, seriously. Thread, too. I may not have family anymore but this Omnibus is the cyanoacrylate for my lil' heart.
Sendin' some Cajun love your way guys, have a good da-WAIT WHAT GOURMET DONUTS?!! How could you not duct tape one to the postcard? I take it back you're horrible people go away stop it.

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

when worlds collide posted:

:siren: lamb- Is the list updated to people who are still active? Or is there another cull due soon. I wasn't sure when you were going to remove the xmas card-only people. Or if you have already. I will probably just stick to people who have sent me things before, the long term folks, as I think I have some catching up to do anyway. Meaning, the letterball's in my court. But if I end up with extra stamps, it would be nice to send some old fashioned valentines to folks who are new to the thread. I will stay off the list still though, for now.

I took off anyone who hasn't posted before 12/1, but if you look over the last 5 pages or so you'll see who definitely plans on sticking around.