Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Kingnothing posted:

This is very relevant.

That rules so hard.

I just ordered my ticket for Every Time I Die and The Acacia Strain in March. (14th in NYC). Gonna be so silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
^ Going to the Atlanta stop on that tour.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

ShoogaSlim posted:

That rules so hard.

I just ordered my ticket for Every Time I Die and The Acacia Strain in March. (14th in NYC). Gonna be so silly.

They're playing New Haven, Connecticut, I will most likely be there. I'll be there with wamsutta and probably GWBBQ and maybe some other goons.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong
New Shai Hulud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ptTVhgngO4

Nice to hear Chad Gilbert on vocals again.

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

bleedbackwards posted:

New Shai Hulud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ptTVhgngO4

Nice to hear Chad Gilbert on vocals again.

This rules, Misanthropy Pure has needed a follow up for ages now.

Gravybong
Apr 24, 2007

Smokin' weed all day. All I do is smoke weed. Every day of my life it's all I do. I don't give a FUCK! Weed.
I don't know how well this thread takes to more progressive/djenty bands, but one of my favorite local acts is Pathogenic. The first track off their latest EP may satisfy more chuggy tastes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_ELLnOljzQ

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

I don't think these guys have gotten a mention yet - this song is pretty fuckin sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvETmuLrDrA

The Korea - Chaos Theory

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Traitorous Leopard posted:

I don't think these guys have gotten a mention yet - this song is pretty fuckin sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvETmuLrDrA

The Korea - Chaos Theory

Singer looks like he's in an aerobics video - are these guys Russian?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Crab core is back I see.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

While the song wasn't terrible, the entire time watching the video I wanted to punch the singer in his dick. Such a stupid look.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Eight Is Legend posted:

Singer looks like he's in an aerobics video - are these guys Russian?

The song was quite good but I agree with this comment. The singer looks extremely dumb in a hilarious and uniquely Russian way. Also the band name seems Russian. Good track!

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
New BMTH song about to be played on Radio 1 for those interested

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
This better be a single.

Most bands go through the same routine of "put out music that appeals to fans and then switch it up little by little on every new disc until they are completely different and suck," i.e. Bullet For My Valentine, All That Remains. I guess I should expect this because it happens to most metalcore/deathcore bands, except Parkway Drive of course.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Bleeding Through are done. Kinda sucks, their last few albums were pretty good. I especially like their last album.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

bo_chrud posted:

This better be a single.

Most bands go through the same routine of "put out music that appeals to fans and then switch it up little by little on every new disc until they are completely different and suck," i.e. Bullet For My Valentine, All That Remains. I guess I should expect this because it happens to most metalcore/deathcore bands, except Parkway Drive of course.

I actually like the new BFMV stuff a lot better than their old tapes (largely because the singing on their first albums was horrible). "Fever" was my biggest guilty (not really all that guilty) pleasure of... what 2010? 2011? whatever year it came out. I agree though to some extent. It seems like lately a lot of bands that were only okay or bad are starting to become good or awesome... I can't think of any at the moment so I'm not really making much of a point here

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

So I'm not really a metalcore fan (in that I don't listen to a lot of it), but I picked up All We Love We Leave Behind and Parallax II: Future Sequence and I'm looking for similar progressive kind of stuff. What albums would you guys recommend from those two bands' respective catalogs?

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

thegloaming posted:

So I'm not really a metalcore fan (in that I don't listen to a lot of it), but I picked up All We Love We Leave Behind and Parallax II: Future Sequence and I'm looking for similar progressive kind of stuff. What albums would you guys recommend from those two bands' respective catalogs?

Converge, check out Jane Doe or Forever Comes Crashing

BTBAM is a little tricky, but if you like Parallax 2 then check out Colors or The Great Misdirect. If you want to hear their earlier, less progressive and more metal/deathcore stylings then check out Alaska or The Silent Circus

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Alaska is the best BTBAM album but no one except me seems to understand this clear truth. It's not a prog album, though, so eh. You'd probably just like everything that came after Alaska. Colors, Great Misdirect, Parallax 1. As far as Converge, basically every Converge album except the first are just about as good as each other in my opinion.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Neat. Colors is $5 on Amazon, so I went ahead and snagged that. I guess I'm not adverse to more classical metalcore/deathcore/whatever-core, but it's just that I really, really, liked those two albums. :)

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT

muike posted:

Alaska is the best BTBAM album but no one except me seems to understand this clear truth. It's not a prog album, though, so eh. You'd probably just like everything that came after Alaska. Colors, Great Misdirect, Parallax 1. As far as Converge, basically every Converge album except the first are just about as good as each other in my opinion.

I've been an ardent Colors warrior ever since it came out but Alaska is really really up there. It's still got a progressive slint to it. hell, you could even say that the band has been trying to recreate Selkies over and over again ever since. It's also got a lot less extra fluff and filler that their more recent albums do. It's fantastic either way.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

muike posted:

I also believe Alaska is/was their best tape and I don't really like them at all now. No Heroes is my favorite Converge tape along with the new one.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

I ended up going with Jane Doe. It's amazing; I remember coming across that album on a "best of 2001" list and turning off the sample after 2 seconds. "How can anyone like this screaming chugging guitar bullshit?" Oh man, I eat my hat tonight.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

krustster posted:

I actually like the new BFMV stuff a lot better than their old tapes (largely because the singing on their first albums was horrible). "Fever" was my biggest guilty (not really all that guilty) pleasure of... what 2010? 2011? whatever year it came out. I agree though to some extent. It seems like lately a lot of bands that were only okay or bad are starting to become good or awesome... I can't think of any at the moment so I'm not really making much of a point here

Scream Aim Fire from BFMV is a great album. It's got a classic metal vibe to it that just makes it fun to listen to. I agree that their first full length and the EP that came before it were pretty lackluster.

gently caress the haters :colbert:

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar

thegloaming posted:

I ended up going with Jane Doe. It's amazing; I remember coming across that album on a "best of 2001" list and turning off the sample after 2 seconds. "How can anyone like this screaming chugging guitar bullshit?" Oh man, I eat my hat tonight.

Jane Doe is basically the best album ever. Everything from Petitioning the Empty Sky onward is amazing. I honestly can't remember what Caring and Killing or Halo in a Haystack sound like, but I do remember a lot of Jake Bannon trying to sing.

I think I'm alone in this but my favorite BTBAM album is their S/T followed closely by Alaska. Cannot get into their new stuff. Some of my fondest metalcore memories are pile ons during Mordecai or walking on people's faces to scream "LETS KILL THEM ALLLLLLL"

I have honestly never even heard a Bleeding Through song. I've been to two of their shows maybe 6-7 years ago to see the openers (BTBAM was one of them), but have no idea what they sound like because I always left early.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Kevar posted:

I have honestly never even heard a Bleeding Through song. I've been to two of their shows maybe 6-7 years ago to see the openers (BTBAM was one of them), but have no idea what they sound like because I always left early.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iuAFskH-J8

Song of their last album, which IMO was one of the better ones.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

My favorite Bleeding Through tape,,,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN38RWCKNAg

also I like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbGjsDAYqV4

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Also the singer is in another band with one of the guys from ANAAL NATHRAKH and they are rather good too :)!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzYCoU_bsjE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbQ0P-YYfuM

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
Yeah, him and the harsh vocalist from Atreyu are in a project called "I am War". The album they released last year was surprisingly good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJYSe0JMu70

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Here's the new BMTH single...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfkNxk2x3I

It's really different from the rest of their stuff but I really like it a lot.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Kingnothing posted:

Here's the new BMTH single...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfkNxk2x3I

It's really different from the rest of their stuff but I really like it a lot.

This does sound really different and good. Despite their popularity, they're a pretty drat good and relatively original band.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

krustster posted:

This does sound really different and good. Despite their popularity, they're a pretty drat good and relatively original band.

I just want more and more Alligator Blood type stuff from them, that song destroys, period.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

bo_chrud posted:

I just want more and more Alligator Blood type stuff from them, that song destroys, period.

What's interesting is that they're with a major label now (Sony), and they were asked by the label to write "the heaviest stuff they've ever done." They mentioned that they decided to take the style from all three of their albums and combined them on this album (plus more electronica), and I think this track is a pretty good representation of that.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

thegloaming posted:

Converge has never released a clunker in their 20 or so years of activity so enjoy!

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

People tend to rag on BMTH a lot, cause they aren't that good and their fans are lovely, but I've seen them live about 2-3 times over the years and they do put on a mental show.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
^^ Have to agree with this, saw them at Leeds Festival in 2010 I think it was, Jona crowd surfed to one of the tent supports and climbed about, I don't know, 30-40 feet up and continued playing. The pit was mental as well.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I don't enjoy any single BMTH album, but each one has enough tracks that they're worth picking up. I'd say I could pretty easily cherry pick through their discography and put together 2 solid albums worth of solid tracks.

Lee King Wang
Jan 11, 2012

I just got back from a military academy and I was brutally shocked to find out that Mitch Lucker died. I was planning on seeing Suicide Silence some time next summer, but now I'm just bummed out. They were my first hardcore band ever, before them all I listened to were the old farts like Metallica, Dio, and Megadeth, and a few black metal bands and then of course Dethklok. Suicide Silence opened the door to me adding about 40 total band discographies to my PC and knowing almost every song from each band to a certain degree. I don't feel sorry for him because his death was his own fault, but man it sucks I'll never get to see them with Mitch Lucker.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
So the new Trivium album is going to be produced by the lead singer from Disturbed :psyduck: this should be interesting.

I'll still say that Shogun is the best thing they've ever done. That album is fan-loving-tastic. Ascendancy and In Waves have some good songs on them but as a whole album are a little lacking.

Shogun however... :allears:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

I remember liking Ascendancy enough to be ridiculously let down by The Crusade. Like, so let down that I gave up on the band entirely. Guess I'll check out Shogun on Spotify and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009

XIII posted:

I remember liking Ascendancy enough to be ridiculously let down by The Crusade. Like, so let down that I gave up on the band entirely. Guess I'll check out Shogun on Spotify and see.

This is 100% how I was. I think they started hero worshiping Metallica too hard and tried to imitate them. Haven't listened to anything since.