Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

HAHAH! I know that guy! My GF's dad/the shop I used to work at are good friends with him. He runs a upholstery shop (surprise surprise). GF's dad tried explaining this thing to me years ago by telling me to picture that a BFI dumpster got pushed off the roof onto a Metro, and then got a ghetto-rear end interior. He put a very similar interior in the shop's co-owner's Studebakerized ElCamino (yes, there is a drat fiberglass body kit to turn an 80's ElCamino into a Studebaker abortion).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

No long pointy nose, no Z

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Cage posted:

http://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/3462148639.html

I like this even though its ridiculous and looks like someone poorly copy and pasted some MR2 parts on it.

It's in Cheektowaga and appears to have been sitting in a field long enough to have it's very own ruts. The underbody would make a nice fondue.

I'm more interested in the '68 LTD next to it

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
The side strakes tempt me to make a comparison with the Lamarossa, then I notice that whoever did it actually knew how to do fibreglassing. Even if they were critically short on good taste.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I might go do something stupid and possibly thread worthy.
How bad of an idea is this? I might go get a small loan tomorrow and call the dude.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 4, 2013

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Preoptopus posted:

How bad of an idea is this? I might go get a small loan tomorrow and call the dude.

There is pretty much the worst idea ever. Any project car you own pretty much will cost 3 times the purchase price.

Don't get a loan. Other wise your credit cards will be maxed because you keep throwing money at small parts for it. I am not trying to discourage you, its just the gods honest truth. Sure 20 here, 60 there, 80 on this doesnt sound like much, but the little runs to the parts stores add up quick.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Preoptopus posted:

Ahem...

Also,

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Can't tell if gold...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

There is pretty much the worst idea ever. Any project car you own pretty much will cost 3 times the purchase price.

Don't get a loan. Other wise your credit cards will be maxed because you keep throwing money at small parts for it. I am not trying to discourage you, its just the gods honest truth. Sure 20 here, 60 there, 80 on this doesnt sound like much, but the little runs to the parts stores add up quick.

Over in my thread I'm contemplating picking up a non running '85 Grand National. They're asking $2500, I offered a trade for a running car and I expect to spend roughly 4 times the asking price to fully restore the car.

FlyWhiteBoy
Jul 13, 2004

Are these cars easy to work on and maintain? This thing is super clean

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

FlyWhiteBoy posted:

Are these cars easy to work on and maintain? This thing is super clean

They're fairly easy to work on and understand, from what I know of my 240 (same engine but no turbo) and my dad's 960 (same body, different engine). The engine in that one will last forever given proper maintenance.

I did call the number in the ad, but nobody answered and it said that their voicemail box hadn't been set up yet. Take that as you will.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Oh man.

Schwimmwagen for sale in Connecticut. Bidding already over $70K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/schwimmwagen-type-166-/200870992751?item=200870992751&ViewItem=&forcev4exp=true

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 6, 2013

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Not Craigslist, found during my semi-weekly Autotrader troll.

http://tinyurl.com/at8ajy6

"Techno Pink Metallic"

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Over in my thread I'm contemplating picking up a non running '85 Grand National. They're asking $2500, I offered a trade for a running car and I expect to spend roughly 4 times the asking price to fully restore the car.

Is it on fire? Why is it so cheap?

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Tai-Pan posted:

Is it on fire? Why is it so cheap?

Look at his thread. It's been sitting immobile for at least 3 years, and is basically rust and pipe dreams.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Viggen posted:

Look at his thread. It's been sitting immobile for at least 3 years, and is basically rust and pipe dreams.

I'm going to look at it tomorrow weather permitting. I'll post pictures of the carnage.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
It's not rust, it's just bonus oxygen.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
I prefer "Active weight reduction"

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012

So at that price the interior has to be a burnt out disaster zone, right? Because I'm perilously close to making a Bad Car Decision over here.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

SCIENCE BITCH posted:

So at that price the interior has to be a burnt out disaster zone, right? Because I'm perilously close to making a Bad Car Decision over here.

When I imagine the phrase "worst color ever conceived" that is pretty much what comes to mind. And yes, I am included whatever color Nicki Minaj has painted her hair as well.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
This has to be about the most mint E-class ever....

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/3521746572.html

(posting on my phone, I will try to post the image later)

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Another Gumtree one. About the only interesting thing I found in the local area.
Looks to be in pretty good general condition and being where it lives I'd be surprised if it had any rust. Also the total lack of hills tends to be very easy on engines. Definitely a daily drive or restore job though.
As much as I like pre EA77 bodied Falcons I don't want it.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/deniliquin/cars-vans-utes/1976-ford-falcon-sedan/1008850290

edit: I suck at screenshots

General_Failure fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 8, 2013

Hit an Apex
Dec 2, 2004

Real Racing. Real Sport.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Can't tell if gold...

That has been making the rounds on the Alfa Forums and eBay. I bet lots of rust under those "fender flares." Gold, definitely.

The hood is pretty badass, the rest, not so much.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Not really "gold" per se but these just became legal to import to Canada. :geno:

So uh any tips on how to check for radioactive flood damage?

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 8, 2013

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
double post

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Geiger counter.

Those are way too tempting.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Aren't those just the low to mid-spec Stageas or whatever the hell they're called (and are in no way remarkable)?

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007
Probably. Though I saw RB26 in there amongst the characters. Kinda got excited.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Throatwarbler posted:

So uh any tips on how to check for radioactive flood damage?
You can charge the JDM fan boys extra for that though. So hot, it's nuclear :supaburn:

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

MrChips posted:

Aren't those just the low to mid-spec Stageas or whatever the hell they're called (and are in no way remarkable)?

Well I always thought they looked pretty cool. You could get the GT-T(not pictured) with the RB25DET NEO engine which still put out a respectable 280hp and had a LSD .

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

MrChips posted:

The Stagea is the similar-looking wagon that people like to swap RB26s into, making "Skyline wagons".

All of those are Skylines, they're just lower-spec models and not GT-Rs.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

General_Failure posted:

Another Gumtree one. About the only interesting thing I found in the local area.
Looks to be in pretty good general condition and being where it lives I'd be surprised if it had any rust. Also the total lack of hills tends to be very easy on engines. Definitely a daily drive or restore job though.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/deniliquin/cars-vans-utes/1976-ford-falcon-sedan/1008850290

Rare Spares are now stocking parts for Falcons from the XL to XF, which is helpful.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

General_Failure posted:

Ahahahahahaha, you live out near Deniliquin? Poor bastard.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This Mustang gives no fcks.

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.

I'm guessing "this car was a drift project of mine" is the exact opposite of "garaged, meticulously maintained, and adult driven". I'm not sure why he thinks that bragging about driving the car like it's stolen is a selling point. Also, fake Cobra's are the worst kind of posers.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

slidebite posted:

You can charge the JDM fan boys extra for that though. So hot, it's nuclear :supaburn:

Dude....its got glowing gauges.....and doors, and seats, and brake pedal....

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Ahahahahahaha, you live out near Deniliquin? Poor bastard.

You don't need to tell me that. It's about an hour away though so it gives me an excuse reason to never go there.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Citycop posted:

I'm guessing "this car was a drift project of mine" is the exact opposite of "garaged, meticulously maintained, and adult driven". I'm not sure why he thinks that bragging about driving the car like it's stolen is a selling point. Also, fake Cobra's are the worst kind of posers.

Chicks man chicks. It will get them guaranteed! It is a Karol Shelby Cobra bro, she is the better Shelby customizer.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Citycop posted:

Ironically, looking at it again I'm more drawn to that quoted 6.8 0-60 / 15.3 quarter mile times that put this "testosterone oozing pussy magnet" on par with such monsters as the 1997 V6 Camry or a 2012 Chrysler 200 Limited, or a 2010 Buick Lacrosse CXS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."
Scrolled back a few pages and didn't see this gem posted;

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/3465598709.html