Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What test match do they keep on showing highlights of where Hussey hit the winning runs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Mister Chief posted:

What test match do they keep on showing highlights of where Hussey hit the winning runs?

06 Adelaide ashes test

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Mister Chief posted:

THE test match, bro

e: no not the Tied Test, the other one. No not from England 2005. No n- gently caress it.

Fredescu
Jun 19, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPCH580Db7A

Or hell, even: http://shop.abc.net.au/products/amazing-adelaide

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Welp, that's the tests done :(

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Hyperriker posted:

Also which Australian fast bowler reboots Who Dares Wins after retirement?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
gently caress

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I guess a good thing that has come out of the this test is that Vodofone are no longer sponsoring Australian Cricket. At loving last.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

You Am I posted:

I guess a good thing that has come out of the this test is that Vodofone are no longer sponsoring Australian Cricket. At loving last.

Thank god. I hate Vodafone with every fibre of my being.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Have Ch 9 managed to keep the rights to occasionally show the cricket or is that still an on-going battle?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Hyperriker posted:

Welp, that's the tests cricket done :(

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

aye :(

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Pig in the City posted:

Anyone got recommendations on a top notch cricket book to pick up?

e: I'd love to know particularly about early Australian teams - up to the Invincibles, really. But any left field suggestions would be cool too.

Either Alligators and Arseholes or Dingoes and Dropkicks by Max Walker.

They're both real beauties.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Largepotato posted:

I'm getting one for Christmas.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What happened?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Largepotato posted:

Thanks very much Maxie, good afternoon to youuuu and to everyone

heladocasero
Jul 27, 2010
Warne having some very harsh words to Samuels after the over finishes. It all goes back to an incident in the first innnings with Samuels and Hussey. It seems like a bit of gamesmanship from Warne, trying to get the crowd into the game.

9.1 McKay to Finch, no run, short and pulled to mid wicket

Samuels and Warne still exchanging words as the bowler runs in

9.2 McKay to Finch, 1 run, pushed to mid wicket, sharp single and a direct hit might have caught Finch short

9.3 McKay to Samuels, 1 wide, good bouncer, ducks under it and the umpire calls it too high. Warne and the Stars very angry at that call and they're not afraid to let the umpire no about it

Tempers are really flaring out there. Replays show Warne has just blatantly thrown the ball at Samuels for no real reason, Samuels then threw his bat in disgust, not at Warne, but in that direction. This won't the last you'll hear about this incident.

..what

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

"gently caress you mate!" *mic cut*

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Then Samuels gets hit by a short ball from malinga in the gap between grill and lid. Swollen eye and broken nose.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Billy Bowden is so poo poo.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
But he's eccentric! And has a bent finger!

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I think he's going to be the next Doctor Who.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Scylo posted:

Have Ch 9 managed to keep the rights to occasionally show the cricket or is that still an on-going battle?
Still ongoing. Ten have made a BIG play for the rights.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Deadly Hume posted:

Still ongoing. Ten have made a BIG play for the rights.

I'm surprised Ten will have the money for the rights, but there you go.

If they do get it, I hope it is the end for Mark Nichols and Ian Healey

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Cool. Maybe Andrew Bolt can do commentary.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Nice match-fixing end to this series.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sack Ashley Giles. His win ratio is now 0% and his era of coaching failure has gone on for far too long.

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ajmal takes 5 wickets and yet Dhoni gets MOTM for his heroic 36.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

I tuned into the match near the middle, but seeing the Indians celebrate a dead rubber like they just won another world cup was hilarious. And then to give the MOTM to a guy who's played for his average this series and continues to be a poo poo wicketkeeper.

On top of that, Billy Bowden gave two terrible LBW decisions that were instrumental in India's win (alongside a couple of the Pak players possibly getting paid from bookies).

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Cocksmith posted:

Is this why cricinfo is dead?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Cocksmith posted:

Maybe it was for his dynamic captaincy.

:laffo:

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Lungboy posted:

But he's eccentric! And has a bent finger!

It's bullshit. He can signal a wide with a straight index finger.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

I liked the umpire from the Aus/SL series who, when giving someone out, would point directly at them.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-01-07/warne2c-samuels-charged-over-heated-exchange/4454996?section=sport

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/cricket/australian-selectors-leave-mike-hussey-out-of-odi-squad/story-e6frg26c-1226548302192

Who is on the selection committee?

BlackShadow
May 31, 2009

Sisgmund posted:

I liked the umpire from the Aus/SL series who, when giving someone out, would point directly at them.

Tony Hill?

vvv You could be correct there.

BlackShadow fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 7, 2013

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Sisgmund posted:

Nigel Long?

gently caress bowden, what a oval office

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

You Am I posted:

I'm surprised Ten will have the money for the rights, but there you go.

If they do get it, I hope it is the end for Mark Nichols and Ian Healey
They need something to get advertisers interested again after they cheapened out when the AFL deal was renewed and also missed out on any part of the NRL deal.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Not exactly sure how Ch10 could be short of money when they have Gina the Hutt bankrolling them. Unlike other billionaires, most her wealth is liquid and very real, rather than debt financed against a nominal share value.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Cat Terrist posted:

Not exactly sure how Ch10 could be short of money when they have Gina the Hutt bankrolling them. Unlike other billionaires, most her wealth is liquid and very real, rather than debt financed against a nominal share value.

They're short of money because literally everything they did in 2012 backfired and turned to poo poo.

I hope Channel 9 keep the cricket, partly because I think Ch10 would gently caress it up worse and partly because I'm set in my ways and the cricket's been on 9/WIN/TAS TV my entire life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2013/content/current/story/600012.html

:suicide:

• Locked thread